Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[PORT] Incomplete ECS port of Sebastian Lague's platformer

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by MegamaDev, Feb 20, 2019.

1. MegamaDev

MegamaDev

@Matheusfx asked me to share my work on this, so here's my port of Sebastian Lague's raycast-based CharacterController2D class from his Platformer tutorial series.

https://github.com/Koopa1018/SLPlatformer-ECS

DISCLAIMER: I have never actually used this port--I just knocked it together over a couple of hours ofter I realized Matheusfx wanted it. Consequently, my tests consist exclusively of "can it be made to run without throwing errors;" I have not tried to introduce movement code to see if I made any mistakes. If you find any, I will gladly update the post to include fixes, especially if you provide a fix right off the bat.
    ALSO DISCLAIMER: I don't have almost any of the other parts of the Sebastian Lague Platformer. I could probably make an attempt to port the Moving Platforms code, but as I recall, that one gave me a bit of execution-order trouble...and as for movement code, I cast out most of that and replaced it with my own, and I never even watched the camera tutorials. (Probably should do that at some point, eh? Just to learn what he considers to be important in a camera system....)