Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[-50% OFF SALE! - Save $600✅]Sky Master ULTIMATE: Sky, Ocean, Volume Clouds-lighting, Weather, RTGI

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Nov 17, 2014.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

I have now moved to 2018 fully, as Unity has done big and very breaking changes to keep older versions moving forward with new features and is moving at lightning speed with new versions.

The new features are minor though (mainly one new variable in SkyMasterManager and SEGI optimization for cascade version) and you can always get the scripts play in 2017, i am not sure if the scenes will work backwards though.

The next major feature (which will be Sky Master xSTREAM version) will be the new water, which will be 2018 and above compatible. The systems generally will play in 2017 too.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    Ryuichi173 likes this.
  2. Hitch42

Hitch42

Bit of a specific request, but is it - or could it be - possible to have some kind of way to render a customizable aurora in the sky?

3. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, i did the change needed for the North rotation

In SkyMasterManager.cs add or change to the following:

Add line 708
    public float RotateNorth = 0; //v4.2b

Change in line 3631
    Rot_Sun_Y = CorrectAzimuth - RotateNorth; //v4.2b

Change in line 3729
    float Moon_Azimuth = Mathf.Atan2 (Moon_yhor, Moon_xhor)* Mathf.Rad2Deg - RotateNorth; //v4.2b

Then the North can be rotated with the new RotateNorth variable. I will add this to the
    new v4.2b (along with one fix in the snow gradient, it had less than 8 keys and caused flicker in
    the fog)

mliukka likes this.
  4. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I have a particle base Aurora in the Special FX section, you can use this as base. I had also got a nice aurora look by adjusting one of the v3.4 cloud shaders variants, i will do some check if i can provide a ready to use one on that front as well.

Hitch42 likes this.
  5. mliukka

mliukka

Thanks for your swift reply! I'll make the changes at once.The support for this asset is truly world class. :)

6. mliukka

mliukka

There's a bug in the gradient based sky: when you scrub the Time Of Day slider, the gradient seems to "flip" depending on which direction in time you're going.

Steps to reproduce: When setting up a morning colour in the gradient, and scrubbing the Time Of Day slider FORWARDS (say from 6 to 7 am), the colour is correct. However, when dragging the slider BACKWARDS (back from 7 to 6), the sky colour immediately changes to the corresponding part in the evening side of the gradient.

I'm using Unity 2018.1.3f1 and have installed the 2018 package as instructed. I have also made the abovementioned modifications to the SkyMasterManager script to add the North Rotation parameter.

Example gradient with clear colours to show the bug:
    skymaster_gradient_editor.png
    Noon (correct):
    skymaster_12.png
    Noon to evening, evening sky is correct:
    skymaster_12to19.png
    Noon to 7AM, same colour as evening (should be blue / red!):
    skymaster_12to7.png
    6AM to FORWARDS a bit; gradient flips back to correct:
    skymaster_6to7.png

7. nasos_333

nasos_333

I will check it out, probably i missed something due to those hours have black for night time.

8. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  9. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The new Unity 2018 based version is now up in Unity Asset Store.

Sky Master ULTIMATE is on -33% lower price for a limited time !!! ($59 vs $90)
    Enjoy :)

10. Vaulcul

Vaulcul

Any update on specific 2D documentation or 2D centric prefab?

11. nasos_333

nasos_333

I will add a 2D prefab in next version, and some videos showing the 2D options (mainly in stretching the sun and scaling the new volumetric clouds)

Vaulcul likes this.
  12. Vaulcul

Vaulcul

Awesome! Thanks!

nasos_333 likes this.
  13. nasos_333

nasos_333

np :)

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE and LOWER PRICE:

The new Unity 2018 based version is now up in Unity Asset Store.
    Enjoy :)

15. nbd

nbd

The new 4.2 prefab made the play really slow. Any ideas?

16. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

The new prefab is for the cutting edge machines and has every effect enabled. You can do the following to increase performance from that full effects base:

1. Remove or adjust volume cloud reflections:
    Disable the "FullVolumeCloudSkyMaster" script in the "Water type & gameplay controllersReflectionMain Camera" object, or lower its properties (Downscale factor, then press Needs Reset checkbox, and Sample Count 0-1-L counts)

2. Adjust volume clouds performance
    Adjust the "FullVolumeCloudSkyMaster" script in the Camera
    2.1 - Use the Downscale factor (e.g. put at 3 than 2), then press "Needs Reset" checkbox to apply the change.
    2.2 - Reduce the Sample Count 0-1-L numbers (e.g. put 150 in "1" and 7 in "L" counts)
    2.2.a - Adjust the "Far Dist Day" to lower clouds from distant horizon (reduces points blink at lower sample counts in the distance, after adjusting in step 2.2, e.g. use 200K than 400K)
    2.3 - Disable the "Enable Lightning" checkbox
    2.4 - Put "2" in "Split per frames" (default is "1")

3. In "Water" section in the Configurator, reduce the Reflect Specific Layers layer mask, to not draw the whole scene (or choose none to remove object reflections in water)

4. Remove the extra image effects from the Camera (Tome Mapping, color correction, Contrast Enchancement etc) and replace them with the latest Unity image effects stack (i have not used it for compatibility and clarity purposes, as the new stack is all in one and more complex and less versatile to adjust)

5. Disable the "TerrainDepthRender Sky Master(Clone)" Camera, this is for the shore line adjustment.

6. Adjust the Volumetric Lighting samples for shadow occlusion (In Atmospheric Scattering object)

I can also provide a ready to use prefab in Unity 2018.1+ in email, with all those adjustments pre-made for easier setup. I will also include a performance oriented prefab in the next update.

The changes above will move the system from around 15ms (on my laptop) to around 5-6ms, so around triple the performance (attach pic below, I tweaked the volume clouds reflections, did not remove them completely).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  17. nbd

nbd

Those changes didn't make much difference. I have nvidia 1070 graphics. v3.5 works great though. yes please send the ready to use 2018.1+ prefab. Thanks much.

18. nasos_333

nasos_333

Do you have V-sync on ?

19. nbd

nbd

no, I have use 3d-application setting

20. nasos_333

nasos_333

I attach the performance based prefab, it can be further optimized but this is an all inclusive version for having all effects, but tweaked a bit lower for the extra performance. This gives me 3x the performance in my laptop with around same visual effect as the base one.

Make sure also to disable the GI baking in Unity Lighting settings, this setting may slow down the system as well.

Attached Files:

21. nbd

nbd

Thanks much.

22. nasos_333

nasos_333

np :), let me know for any other issue. I have now submitted a new version with the performance prefab as well to the store.

23. mykillk

mykillk

Sold! A Sky Master voucher would be awesome! PM incoming :D

24. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I sent the voucher in PM, enjoy :)

25. nbd

nbd

Nasos,

Bought infiniGrass. Will send the invoice in PM. Can you please send the voucher for InfiniTREE . Thanks.

26. nbd

nbd

Also, I am unable to disable clouds in the performance based prefab. Can you please assist. Thanks.

27. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

The clouds are an image effect on the camera, under the InfiniCLOUD configurator script. Also you can disable them in the water reflection camera, if you use the water. Then disable also the cloud shadows dome and the backlayer render camera, that handles the behind the clouds items rendering.

These should completly disable all clouds and related systems.

I will send InfiniTREE voucher in a few minutes.

28. nasos_333

nasos_333

Voucher sent in PM. Enjoy :)

29. nbd

nbd

Thanks.

30. dariakarpova

dariakarpova

Hi, I bought InfiniGRASS and I'd like a Sky Master voucher please. Sending PM now.

31. nasos_333

nasos_333

I sent the voucher in PM. Enjoy :)

32. DrOcto

DrOcto

Hi, just bought InfiniGRASS :Dand would like to have a voucher for SkyMaster and do I need to upgrade to Ultimate for 10$ till end of the month or I can make it later for the same? Very nice assets! Was looking before but this was a nice deal! Thank you again for it.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  33. nasos_333

nasos_333

I sent the voucher in PM. Enjoy :)

You don't need to get the ULTIMATE version right away, but i recommend it for latest and full features and Unity 2018 best coverage. Also price of upgrade may change at some point, so would recommend to get as soon as possible.

DrOcto likes this.
  34. cdy_unity

cdy_unity

It's slow on mobile phones,I need help。

35. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

The system is made to start on lowest end and go up to cutting edge graphics for desktop, so let me know for more specifics and i can guide as to what might be the key point where you get the performance issue and whether is suitable for mobile.

Usually the water reflections are the most common cause of performance loss on mobile, since you will need to limit them in layers so you dont render the whole scene one more time for the reflections.

Also do you use the mobile demo as start point or the prefabs ? The prefabs are mainly directed for desktop use or highest end mobile after tweaking and limiting them accordingly. I can also guide to all the key points where you can look at for the various systems (e.g. even the new cutting edge clouds can work on latest mobile well, but need extra tweaks in their performance settings and need to be used in moderation when other effects are overwhelming performance for example etc)

Let me know also the mobile platform used for the testing and which Unity version is used.

36. cdy_unity

cdy_unity

I use IOS,unity Version 2018.2.6f1 Personal。

I want to use water on my cell phone,but it's slow, How do I set it?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  37. cdy_unity

cdy_unity

I need help , plz

38. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I am not sure what is the issue, i dont get any problem in Android, unfortunately i dont have a iPhone to test with and it is within Unity to make sure this works across all platforms flawlessly as well, so i suspect that might be a bug, that may also be Unity version or iOS version specific.

We can try to debug, but since i dont own a iPhone device or a Mac to develop a test bed with, i would need some extra contribution to make this happen.

39. nasos_333

nasos_333

Video of the new water and effects for Sky Master next big upgrade.

InfiniGRASS is on -50% lower price for a limited time !!! ($29 vs $60)

DrOcto and Hitch42 like this.
  40. Barritico

Barritico

A question that I can not solve.

Does the asset have "Enviro" style weather (rain, snow, etc.)?

In the description it says it, but I can not see a video or photo that shows it.

Thank you.

41. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

Sure, there is snow and rain and advanced FX on those (like shaders for fast gradual snow growth on any surface, refractive rain, procedural lightning effects with lighting effects, rain drops and water on glass etc)

Also i plan to add much more on every front on those (coming up is a new GPU particle system for massive weather effects, new water on glass effects and shaders, rain drops in water integration in the upcoming new and current water systems and much more)

Example glass shading

Example of rain

Example use with InfiniGRASS (also integrated for gradual snow growth)

Example with Lightning and the latest cutting edge cloud system (InfiniCLOUD)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  42. Barritico

Barritico

Thanks!!!

I use in my game:

- Gaia
    - CTS
    - Gena
    - Vegetation Studio
    - Aquas
    - Enviro
    - Easy Road

.. and I am tired with Aquas -multiple bugs 2018.x and newer- and Enviro (low performance)

Thanks for your quick answer and videos posted.

43. nasos_333

nasos_333

The system is made with performance in mind most of all, so the new clouds also pack several performance enhancements and controls (like resolution, update rate, sampling factors etc). Same goes for all systems that range from as low as Shader model 2.0 support, to cutting edge effects with various parameters to control the performance.

44. nasos_333

nasos_333

Video of the new water and effects for Sky Master next big upgrade.

45. DrOcto

DrOcto

Hi,
    looks all beautiful but would like to ask is it possible with THIS new water to make a 2.5D water (ORI as exmpl.) or a water that is in cylinder and inside the cylinder is the main action so to speak.
    Thank you in advance.

46. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sure will be possible, in fact the work i do now with the air-water interfacing is the ideal thing for such 2.5D case. May it requires a few tweaks for the specularity etc, but generally should work out of the box for that.

Note that the Ori dynamics though need extra work (which i also have already partly done for a different cheaper-simpler 2.5 water i am working on with spring like emulation), so that is another aspect.

I am not sure about the cylinder case though.

DrOcto likes this.
  47. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS with Sky Master ULTIMATE

NEW AUGUST OFFER - FREE ASSETS with InfiniGRASS purchase

Buy InfiniGRASS and get either a Sky Master voucher (upgradable to SkyMaster ULTIMATE for $10), or a Advanced FX Creator voucher or an InfiniTREE voucher.

Sky Master vouchers left: 0/2
    InfiniTREE vouchers left: 1/2
    Advanced FX Creator vouchers left: 2/2

Post here and send the invoice in PM to receive one of the free vouchers.

InfiniGRASS is on -50% lower price for a limited time !!! ($29 vs $60)

48. DrOcto

DrOcto

Hi that is great! :D i like that 2.5 water idea that you are doing a lot and the physics future. Basically what i want to do is a fish tank around you with fishes of course:) where u jump in the middle on solid ground. When this 2.5D will be out if I can ask and will it be in this pack or some other asset that you are doing?

49. nasos_333

nasos_333

I am working everything in parallel, but not sure of the form of release of that 2.5D specific one yet.

Sky Master next upgrade will get the brand new ocean though that has boat like emulation and new waves, shading and air-water interfacing for many cool effects. I attach a video from the current WIP

vincewins, DrOcto and Hitch42 like this.
  50. DrOcto

DrOcto

I like it I like it I like it!!!!!!! Well i always have some stupid or impossible ideas so but i relay like what i see! :)
    Thanks for the quick update what u do and for a quick answer.

nasos_333 likes this.