Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[-50% OFF SALE! - Save $600✅]Sky Master ULTIMATE: Sky, Ocean, Volume Clouds-lighting, Weather, RTGI

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Nov 17, 2014.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

New InfiniCLOUD system, submitted to the store. The system will be in Beta for a while until all requests and extra features needed are included.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  2. nasos_333

nasos_333

Guide to using parts of Sky Master ULTIMATE as standalone, starting from the main prefab.

Standalone use of Volumetric Fog, Volumetric Lighting and Time of Day.

I attach a file with a sample scene with the items needed to get the effects work individually and also a pic (pic 1) showing what to disable to get this scene when starting from the prefab that has it all included. Also i attach a pic (pic 2) which shows where to completely stop the TOD cycling if needed. And two pics (pics 3-4) showing the resulting scene with various heights of fog (which can be regulated in the camera image effect).

Also i attach a pic (pic 5) without Sky Master, the ms taken is 0.9ms, which means all the Sky Master effects and TOD cycle takes up around 0.5ms, with multiple image effects active (color correction, tome mapping etc) that are not all needed (depends on artistic style etc)

The guide will be included in the final v4.0 manual (WIP)

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    recon0303 likes this.
  3. therewillbebrad

therewillbebrad

Can confirm working in 2018 in VR. Such an awesome asset.

nasos_333 likes this.
  4. EvilFox

EvilFox

@nasos_333, thanks for the optimized version of SEGI.
    But when i'm try to activate a cascading SEGI, unity3d is freeze. Unity verision 2017.3.0f3
    By the way, is it possible to make the generated grids be saved (for example as chunks in 3D textures) and dynamically updated grid only near the camera? (update where objects are moving probably harder). That is, it's like a cascade mode but has a saved previously more detailed version (and with reflections) for middle distance
    Also, support for forward rendering would be good for VR, because in deferred unity3d does not work MSAA and the alternative is only a supersampling that is very expensive in performance.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    nasos_333 likes this.
  5. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

The cascaded version is a bit tricky to use (if i recall SEGI developer also had it mantioned as experimental, at least when i started work on the system), though i had tested in Unity 5.6 and i remember it worked and did not freeze, so i will definitely have a look as priority to see if is something i can fix to make it work in the latest versions and get back with a new patch asap.

Thanks for bringing this up for the Beta version, any suggestions and feedback helps a lot pinpoint possible issues and are very welcome :)

EvilFox likes this.
  6. nasos_333

nasos_333

7. EvilFox

EvilFox

@nasos_333, thanks for reply, I clarified my previous comment:
    "That is, it's like a cascade mode but has a saved previously more detailed version (and with reflections) for middle distance"

nasos_333 likes this.
  8. nasos_333

nasos_333

Since i have not delved to full depth of how the system works i cannot comment on that, i will have a look for that optimization along with the bug issue and get back on that as well.

EvilFox likes this.
  9. docsavage

docsavage

HERO! :)

nasos_333 likes this.
  10. nasos_333

nasos_333

:)

I am now preparing the new customizable soft shadows system for the next version and then the new water (next generation shading with Sub Surface Scattering and new dynamic foam, projected grid, atmospheric separation, FFT waves in GPU and CPU and new interaction modes)

Worban likes this.
  11. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sun settings

Artistic sun settings sample for volume fog

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  12. eobet

eobet

This asset isn't made for low-poly clouds is it? I mean, the non-realistic, blocky kind.

(I think I can guess the answer, but just had to ask just in case.) :)

13. therewillbebrad

therewillbebrad

They're more like painted clouds. Super stylistic and awesome.

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

There are 4 cloud systems that provide solution to different needs from non realistic to the latest cutting volume ones. If you post a pic i can tell you more on the specific ones mentioned

15. eobet

eobet

I plan to create clouds like these, that I want to deform on the vertex level somehow (might just use shapekeys):

(I should have said flat-shaded instead of "blocky"...)

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  16. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I had a quick testing of the Cascade version in Unity 2018 and it worked ok, so i will install Unity 2017 and see if there is some issue there, but generally seems to work. I could also implement the optimization in the cascade script, so will enable this in the next store version.

Did the issue happen in the editor too (so it gave an error when was enabled ?). Also did you first disable the other script in the demo camera (before enable the cascade one) ? And was the build setup set to desktop, or some other platform ? Also windows or mac is used ?

EvilFox likes this.
  17. nasos_333

nasos_333

Is there a video of how those clouds would deform - animate in a game, so i could evaluate the possibilities ?

This is though a very special and specific way to do clouds so could be a different asset doing this special case for example. But if i can do it in a realistic time frame i might offer it as a special bonus to sky master.

18. eobet

eobet

Wow, that's quite an offer.

I actually didn't manage to find a video of what I imagined, but my thoughts was to do a slow, random vertex deform and scale according to some noise pattern in order to have clouds shrink into nothing for the fade out (in order to avoid using a transparency effect), and I think that could be done with shapekeys. But to grow and merge them, I have no idea. Perhaps it isn't necessary. A slow scale up with a tumble effect on intersecting clouds could perhaps be convincing enough.

19. nasos_333

nasos_333

I could try a few things for both the motion and spreading, they will be quite experimental though so i will get back if i get something looking good enough as first step. I have done some blob work on shader level that is super fast too, so could be a first step towards the effect.

20. EvilFox

EvilFox

Hi. In the editor, after I add the script. No errors, just freezes (the interface does not respond) and CPU uses (5-6%).
    Although you can click on the main menu, but this does not give the desired result, the main window does not respond.
    Currently, clicking on the menu, I got crash:
    https://pastebin.com/9tU3qdak
    Other script I disabled (and last time I removed it).
    Build platform is desktop (it freezes in the editor). OS Windows 8.1.

Also original (a little modification of the code obtained from forks) cascade SEGI script did not freezes.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  21. nasos_333

nasos_333

The thing is that i have not changed the original in the cascade version, so should be same as in the github. I will have to test in 2017 to see the issue, or perhaps is a problem in the setup, with some luck i will be able to recreate it eventually and then will be much easier to solve.

22. nasos_333

nasos_333

I found some similar issue, it could be a bug in Unity 2017 is one guess, which is fixed in 2018, that is why i can run it fine in Unity 2018 on my side.

https://forum.unity.com/threads/cra...-in-module-d3d11-dll-at-0033-ef656f40.431030/

"We have fixed this problem and it should not appear in the latest version.
    This is for version: Unity 2018.1.0b2"

I will investigate further.

23. recon0303

recon0303

So is Infini Cloud going to be part of Sky Master ? Also I remember you had talked about reworking, InfiniTree are there still plans for this? Thanks

24. nasos_333

nasos_333

Yes, InfiniCLOUD is the new clouds system which i have now included in the Betas folder in the store pack.

And i am definitely planing to work more on InfiniTREE right after the Beta of v2.0 of the grass is released.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    recon0303 likes this.
  25. recon0303

recon0303

Ya I seen it. just wasn't sure if it was a new asset or something part of Sky Master for sure. Thanks! for the info.

26. nasos_333

nasos_333

The new customizable soft shadows system will also be part of Sky Master ULTIMATE, when it releases.

recon0303 likes this.
  27. nasos_333

nasos_333

Shadow parameters note

It came to my attention that one of the shadow settings default in the Sun light of the system, may require tweaking to work best at different world scales than my demos.

I attach a picture that shows the variables (in bold) to change to get the best result for smaller distance shadowing.

The default will be further tweaked for a middle solution in the next version (WIP), plus a customizable soft shadows system will enable much more control over Unity shadows system (WIP).

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  28. therewillbebrad

therewillbebrad

I may have discovered some of my oddities with skymaster. Is single pass not working with this?

29. nasos_333

nasos_333

I don't have single pass rendering yet, since i want to do it overall for all systems and sub modules, which will take some extra time, as the asset has many different sub systems to cover many aspects and platform requirements.

It is definitely in the highest priority to implement for the v4.x cycle, i will update as it progresses in this thread and the WIP thread.

30. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    recon0303 likes this.
  31. recon0303

recon0303

Wish you had a Discord, it helps users help one another, and for you to be able to handle support if you choose to more and more developers, games etc are doing it, and I see it having many users come together to help the developer and other users. Something to think about.

I don't need help or anything, but you never know when you will or users will. I see what it has done for many other assets. :)

32. therewillbebrad

therewillbebrad

I'm also a big fan of a discord server.

33. nasos_333

nasos_333

I will check it. I have not used it before. Is it something like Trello for managing new feature requests and tracking them etc ?

34. therewillbebrad

therewillbebrad

No it's a chat program where you can make your own rooms. In this case it would act as a hub for people to talk about your assets. It's very popular right now with pc gamers as it's really easy to set up chats.

recon0303 likes this.
  35. nasos_333

nasos_333

I see, so would be like a meeting place for the users. Seems very interesting, i will see to it this weekend.

36. nasos_333

nasos_333

New Comet burning through the Volumetric Clouds demo using Sky Master ULTIMATE v4.0 and InfiniGRASS v2.0 (WIP)

And a few more videos with clouds manipulation:

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  37. nasos_333

nasos_333

Soft shadows WIP and testing with varying intensity of volumetric light

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  38. nasos_333

nasos_333

39. KingLlama

KingLlama

I'm curious on purchasing the sky master but I am worried about the ocean, you don't have alot of information on it and i'd like to purchase if it has a great ocean system in it. If it does, does it have support for infinite ocean?

40. nasos_333

nasos_333

The ocean follows the player so seems infinite, the projected grid version that does this in a bit different way is planned for next version (as well as many enhancements, like FFT waves in CPU and GPU, image effect control for under and over water interfacing, new shaders with sub surface scattering etc)

The current system is focused on performance, but looks also very good, the next one will take a step ahead in all ways and both system can be used (and mixed) depending on performance requirements. Most of the systems for the upgrade are also ready and being tweaked at the moment and the water is the focus on the next upgrade for v4.x cycle.

recon0303 and KingLlama like this.
  41. recon0303

recon0303

Discord is used for many assets, games etc, Many people use for users to help one another, its a chat room you also can post screen shots there.....So for example, say someone, has an issue, you can get the community to help someone.....incase your busy....Also it helps when people use with other assets...Right NOW Vegatation studio has a discord, GAIA, Unity Dev, Unreal dev all have them as well...and Many more assets there..Some discord servers like GAIA add, other dev channels in there server to help with integrating issues...

Its a HUGE asset to any one making a game, or making assets.......So I so recommend it to you....I feel many times you single out your assets, when your not having a group like this....This also can help with sales, many users will come in asking questions that the community can answer.....rather than your self, also its good for you to be involved ...it also used during testing........ So having different channels is great... I have a server for my game..I also have another server for my contractors...That we contract....Its free and darn useful..So they can voice chat, text chat, show me videos, screens etc, and we can do the same for our current game to testers.....So something I strongly suggest for you and your assets ....I only want it to be a success, as I been here a long time. and feel that since you arent as involved with SKype or Discord as much...with community.. stuff, it hurts you. Having great support as you do is great my friend, but having a community is even better..... I ran one for over 17 years.. For games. and that is what keep is strong, so think about it long and hard my friend... It will only help you.:)

nasos_333 likes this.
  42. nasos_333

nasos_333

I will try to set one up this weekend and test it.

43. KingLlama

KingLlama

I'm having issues setting it up, I'm using the prefab given but it seems the ocean is moving at a quick speed and the underwater effect isn't happening, I add the underwater to the camera but it seems to be applied above and below water. Is there any video with step by step tutorial on it?

44. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I attach a video, the effect works directly after prefab insertion, perhaps adding the underwater effect breaks it, i am not sure on that, if you can send me your scene i can check it out. Also i show how to tweak the wave speed and frequency in the video, near the end, or how to change preset styles for the water.

Let me know if this solves the issue and for any more help

KingLlama likes this.
  45. Ryuichi173

Ryuichi173

Hi, Nasos,

I've tested latest SkyMaster and v4.0beta and also linear color demo scene.:)
    Now I have several questions.

1.How can I use optimized SEGI?
    Is it same workflow as SEGI original? Where is I should pay attention to use with Skymaster?

2.Where settings did you edit to make compatible with linear color?
    In other words, how can I export settings to use that for own scene?
    Of course I know it would work if I copy & paste all setting to my scene but it sounds not clever.

3.New style clouds looks strange at night in linear color.
    In the night, clouds looks transparent. It just looks like clouds projected on planetarium.
    Is it because WIP or I did something wrong?

Have a good day!

46. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

About the clouds, have you enabled the backlayer system ?

About SEGI, the system is same as in github, but i have added a factor of optimization to make it work much faster, the update rate at the top of the script. This is for the main script for now and not the cascade script, but i have done it for that too and seems to work great, so will include it in the next upgrade.

About linear color, i mostly changed the gradients colors, so you can save the gradients and apply them to the new systems, for faster adaptation. I will also add a set of Linear color gradient preset buttons in the next version, for even better direct referencing.

Ryuichi173 likes this.
  47. Ryuichi173

Ryuichi173

Hi Nasos,

Thank you for very quick answers.
    I tried according to your suggestion, but I still have 2 questions.

1. How can I setup the backlayer system?
    I did active it by simply pushing "setup backlayer" switch on inspector, then my game's sky turn to black.

By the way, I noticed screen shot you uploaded at this forum reproducing problem I asked you by previous post.
    Above picture shows what I was talking about. Take a look at shadow area on clouds, then you may noticed that starts can see thru the volumic clouds.

2.Can I use both of GI solution you made and SEGI in same scene or not recommended?

regards,

48. nasos_333

nasos_333

You may use both GI systems together, but notice how the point lights will affect SEGI, i have not tried it, but it wont conflict, i am not sure on what will be like though.

The night time does indeed have an issue, i will mark it for next Beta upgrade. It is solved (at least to a good extend) by increasing the "Far Dist" variable in the volume clouds script. I attach two pics for reference. I will automate this behavior for night time for the next version as well.

Ryuichi173 likes this.
  49. nasos_333

nasos_333

The Unity 2018 version of Sky Master is now available in the asset store !!!

The upgrade is included in a Unity 2018 folder, and must be installed either after the initial install of the package if Unity 2018 is used, or can be used as standalone for the minimal project size, if needed.

The Beta versions of infiniCLOUD and optimized SEGI are now also available in the Beta folder. InfiniCLOUD Beta is in full optimization & production quality and requires only a few extra trivial functionalities to finalize (e.g. update lightning and local lights applied to the main script, in water reflection script etc)

Beta Demo of the InfiniCLOUD system:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OfuJK920JuHDnvu8mtgdt_rtbt9c7PbL

50. nasos_333

nasos_333

New offers !!! - Asset bundle discounts

Get GI Proxy for $20 and upgrade to Sky Master ULTIMATE for $45,
    for total price of $65, versus $90 if get only one of the assets.

Get Toon Effects Maker for $50, upgrade to InfiniTREE for $5 and from InfiniTREE upgrade to InfiniGRASS for $10,
    for a total of $65 (versus $80 + $60 + $50 = $190 for the three assets if bought individually)