Search Unity

[RELEASED] "Logic Forge" 1.2 Code Generation

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by winxalex, Oct 13, 2018.

1. winxalex

winxalex

Formula:

Third Person Controller:

Build And Load Runtime:

BehavioursTree:

Code generation:

Homepage: winx.ws/logic-forge
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/logicforge/

NOTE: Unity 2019 introduce new prefab workflow. Some issues may arise. I'm working hard to make them compatible. Thx
    NOTE: Select .NET 4.0 and check "unsafe" option in Player Preferences

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  2. LostPhilosopher

LostPhilosopher

You should make 3d enemy/npc AI tutorials as this is one of the things I believe have least tutorials on.

winxalex likes this.
  3. winxalex

winxalex

4. winxalex

winxalex

We will use this post(forum) until we reach v1.00 and then we will use forum on site or here on Unity or both. Thx for interest

Mark_01 likes this.
  5. winxalex

winxalex

6. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Looks like you a put a lot of work into this! For the price it's definitely worth picking up to try out. However, is there a link to where I can read the documentation? I'd like to look it over. Also, is it hard to integrate 3rd Party assets into Logic Forge?

7. winxalex

winxalex

4 years, It is huge project(I really can't succeed to make cool icons for the dudes :p) then Unity democratically decide to advertise on facebook,...and other, even make tutorial under unity logo, one particular asset on the topic. But live isn't fair :D. I was stuborn and bring it to v1.0 and birthday price. Will it have long live will depend of Unity community. A:You can just drag and drop your mono, but full integration is easy, if you define what is ur inputs what ur third party is doing and what are the outputs. That's it. You have tons of videos, Online help has most of the content http://winx.ws/logic-forge/ PRICE worth 2 bubble gums, not 4 years, so it wasn't about money. Never will. I never dream about getting rich, it was about dream climb the mountain, that even gigant like Unity won't. Never the less finance are important for my daily needs ;), so donate if you can.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  8. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I think the biggest challenge is there are several visual scripting tools on the asset store and it's easy for some great assets like yours to be lost and hidden. Hopefully, if this thread becomes active, others can be made aware of it.

9. winxalex

winxalex

10. winxalex

winxalex

Could I design in runtime, code in runtime and load my design in runtime?

11. winxalex

winxalex

How could I debug my design?

12. winxalex

winxalex

How to use mouse, joystick,pad input?

13. winxalex

winxalex

Generation code pre-alpha

Attached Files:

StevenPicard likes this.
  14. winxalex

winxalex

Clipboard11.jpg Draw and generate code

StevenPicard likes this.
  15. winxalex

winxalex

Every Node has its own Component on the GameObject

Attached Files:

16. winxalex

winxalex

17. winxalex

winxalex

ReferencePosition.jpg No middle Node (GetPosition)

18. winxalex

winxalex

New Skin. Customer can easily create/swap with its own design. NewSkin.jpg
    Personally I think of functionality and fast UI, and data, everything is about have data information.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    StevenPicard likes this.
  19. eggeuk

eggeuk

Hi!
    Presently I'm interested in Scriptable Objects and VS (Visual Scripting) Programming Environments available for Unity. I also had a look to VS for DOTs as announced for 2019 and 2020.
    For now it's not clear for me if LogicForge will fit into the workflow I am planning. So for next some testing have to be done. But what surely can be said is:
    Congratulations for the lot of work that is done by now!
    And for the new and different concepts releasing a VS engine like done for LogicForge.
    May the Forge be with You!
    Of course I bought LF.

winxalex likes this.
  20. eggeuk

eggeuk

Bug with Odin Serializer and Unity 2019.2.9f1, LogicForge 1.23
    After installing there is an error reporting 'Odin Inspector can't compile against .NET 2.0 API'.
    Changing to NET 4.x it's told that compilation should set 'unsafe code' flag.
    And I don't want to use any older versions of Unity.
    Installing on Unity 2019.3.0b7 is showing the same errors.
    Would you please have a look at?

Attached Files:

21. winxalex

winxalex

Not a bug. :) As you can see in message, go to Player Preferences and set. NET4.0 also check unsafe option. UNITY have default. NET 2.0 and unsafe false.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  22. winxalex

winxalex

I had. NET original serializer but from 2018.3 Unity change something so Odin us used.

23. winxalex

winxalex

Logic Forge use ScriptableObjects for graph design, for events holder, data holder... VS for DOT has long way to go. One of reference is that all Jobs libs are in 0.x something version. Maybe the Force will support Jobs in Logic Forge in near future depending of interest.

24. eggeuk

eggeuk

Ok, I used ,Net4.x and 'unstable-flag'.
    I hope, you have got all pointers and do manage memory space in a good way! :)
    But I think you have done.

25. winxalex

winxalex

unsafe :) not unstable :D. about the rest ask Odin guys :D

26. winxalex

winxalex

Create BlendTree and just drag and drop. Tree will be converted into Playables and you good to go. No need of Mecanim. BlendTreee.jpg

StevenPicard likes this.
  27. winxalex

winxalex

In u2019 and maybe last versions of u2018 prefab workflow is changed. Some issue might occur cause now Prefab asset has also Prefab Content, and nested prefabs. Use "Open" instead of select to make changes on Prefab, instead of Select which makes changes on asset not its content which is wired with PrefabInstances. Assets should be added to asset prefab, not a PrefabContent. Ooo Unity unity!

28. eggeuk

eggeuk

Hi, I have found some time of playing with Logic Forge.

There seem to be some big problems may be located in Odin Serializer.
    At installing LF with Unity 2019.2 and 2019.3 latest versions there are thrown 19 warnings from Odin.
    Therefor the question is, if you are using the last version of Odin - 2.1.5.They have done some changings for the new Unity versions.

And of course of 'unsafe flag' there are ways of killing Unity Editor by using LF-Nodes generating endless errors.
    Can't really imagine the error-behaviors are unknown, they seem fundamentally.

Just as remark: Your 'good friend' Bolt-Language is using Odin too. But they never asked for setting the unsafe flag.

What more should I say?
    I really hope you are catching the problems.
    And best greetings to you and your team.

Attached Files:

29. winxalex

winxalex

Thx for playing with LF and huge thx for feedback. This will help me improve the asset.
    I follow your advice and install the newest version of Odin 2019.10.28 - 779d31f2.
    2.1.5 is the version of Odin Inspector not Odin Serializer.
    New Odin version remove need of "unsafe" flag , but you still need to use .NET 4 instead of default .NET2.
    Still new Odin version didn't update deprecated PrefabUtility API. I fixed Odin warnings, but don't you think that more efficient is me to spend my time on LF and errors then third party warnings? Changes will be used in new LF 1.27 and this special version will be emailed to you.
    I've the honor comparing me with Bolt, but I'm single developer, no team, no Unity inside connections or "luck" to be promoted directly by Unity, but I nether love nor hate them. I get bored comment on this topic and if you don't mind let focus of direct technical issues.
    When Unity fix the original .NET serializer I'll return to it, but will left the option of Odin or other serializers to be used.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  30. eggeuk

eggeuk

No problem, NET4 is ok.Unity is changing to NET 4.
    I'm glad you will send new version to me. I will go on testing LG.
    What does LG mean?? I did shorten Logic Forge with LF.

31. eggeuk

eggeuk

Logic Forge 1.27 is installed and starting on Unity 2019.2 very well.
    There are no errors or complications. Thanks for optimizing LG.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  32. eggeuk

eggeuk

Logic Forge 1.27 is starting with Unity 2019.3 without problems.

Problems are when loading '01 Hello World'. There are no errors, but some Prefabs are not found.
    It's shown in Hierarchy:
    - 'SphereMissingPrefab' and
    - 'ZomBearMissingModelPrefab'.
    Don't know what this 'MissingPrefabs' do mean.
    Scene 'Hello World' is running.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  33. eggeuk

eggeuk

Logic Forge 1.27 installed with Unity 2020.1.0a11.
    There are some Warning about Prefabs.
    '01 Hello World' is running. Cubes and Spheres are moving. 'ZomBear' is there.

It would be nice, if Logic Forge is one of the first Visual Scripting Languages working with 2020. Seems LG can do this.
    There are a lot of improvements in 2020. Why not testing those with LG?

Attached Files:

34. eggeuk

eggeuk

Is there a starting page for 'Help'-Pages'?
    Help can got by the graph nodes. But is there a different way with a HTML page? Directly on the Website? Just a kind of Index?

35. winxalex

winxalex

I name them like that :), for testing purposes on new PrefabAPIs.

36. winxalex

winxalex

Seem Unity have change the API again from 2019 in 20. LF should be working with 2020 although in ALPHA. Warnings are that things will be deprecated in the future. Let wait for the future and stable releases.
    If you scrolled in at the start of this forum, or opened ReadMe in Asset package, you will find link to index of help web pages, or How tos
    http://winx.ws/logic-forge/

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  37. winxalex

winxalex

StevenPicard likes this.
  38. newMember

newMember

Hi, I'm a new user of this wonderful thing. I just started to reproduce basic things from tutorial and everything that i've tested worked, but there are three errors appearing every time when I press Play button in the Editor. Why is this happening?

P.S. Hope you will continue to support this tool and develop it further if it is planned.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  39. winxalex

winxalex

The error seem not originate in LF, but in Unity. Unity makes a copy editors(Inspector Tab,where you have field and values) when you go from Editor Mode to Play Mode. Seem that some dynamic created editors in Editor mode, aren't destroyed and Unity try to copy them when in Play Mode. This won't affect your game functionality, meaning that Logic will work. Still, please pack the project and send so I can further investigate.
    P.S The support and life of LF, depends of you guys. If you are using it, create something, share on youtube, write here, set feedback on asset....So it is up to community. ;)
    P.S Tutorials are done with 1.0something, currently logic is almost the same, but workflow is improved

40. newMember

newMember

I wanted to pack my project for you, but no errors occur now, happily. I'll post it here if they will come back.

There are many hopes with LF, because I'm building really complex animation system for my project. I suppose there won't big difficulties when animation layering system will be implemented? For example, overwriting the upper body or some other bones, facial animation controlling etc. Also I have an idea to make an animation mirroring component for my generic animations by copying curves from existing clip, processing them and put it to the output. Didn't find any existing solutions for generic mirroring

UPD. I've got them again. It seems they appear after copying things in logic editor. How can I send the project to you? It is not a good idea to attach an archive to this post

41. winxalex

winxalex

New I started private conversation where you can attach you test project and explain steps to reproduce. In meantime you can keep going with your development, I wonder what you can achieve with custom components.

42. winxalex

winxalex

43. winxalex

winxalex

I'll remove Odin Serialzier from the package ThirdPartyDLL.
    Modified version of Odin can be download here and you need to set ODIN_SERIALIZER symbol to use it. Clipboard01.jpg

Attached Files:

44. JDelekto

JDelekto

Is there an issue with the latest release (1.282 Feb 5, 2020) or perhaps how it is tagged on the asset store? It seems that every time I start Unity, go to the asset store and then check for available updates, Logic Forge appears for an update, even though the version hasn't changed.

Is it actually still being updated that rapidly or is the Asset Store somehow confused by your last submission?

45. newMember

newMember

Do you use Asset Store window or Package Manager to check for updates? I'm not sure I can help fix your error because I'm not dealing with anything like this right now. Version 1.282 Feb 5, 2020 is the latest at the moment, at least I haven't seen any changes since the publication date

46. JDelekto

JDelekto

I'm currently doing this through the Asset Store window inside Unity. I'm using the link at the very top to show "My Assets", then under Status (to the right), I'm checking "Update available".

Usually, I only see assets that have been updated on the store recently, but each time I've been doing this, Logic Forge shows up consistently (sometimes with other package updates, other times just by itself).

47. winxalex

winxalex

Version 1.282 Feb 5, 2020 is the latest at the moment,

48. winxalex

winxalex

Is someone created on scale of Zombear? NPCs.

49. winxalex

winxalex

There are 2 version uploaded on asset store one u2018 and u2019.3. Could you help the user how to select correct version, I don't have access to it. Seem unity have change and now you have AssetStore tab and Package Manager, but they don't have/or @JD doesn't know how to do it. Or Unity automatically select the most compatible version to.
    Clipboard01.jpg

50. newMember

newMember

There are 2 ways how to install latest version of asset:

IMPORTANT:

Go to Edit -> Project Settings -> Player and change option Api Compatibility Level from .NET Standard 2.0 to .NET 4.x
    Be sure not to use Unity alpha versions (they can be marked as Unity 2019.3.0a5 where 'a' means alpha)

First:

1) Open Window -> Asset Store or Ctrl + 9
    2) Sign in, press on the account avatar (right upper corner) and go to My Assets
    3) If you never installed the asset, you will see Download button from the right. In case you've installed it and it has been updated, you will see Update button instead of Download. If there were no updates Import will be displayed.
    4) Press Import, wait when importing will be finished and start to use.

Second:

1) https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/visual-scripting/logic-forge-55975
    2) Sign in
    3) Press Open in Unity
    4) When editor will be loaded, Package Manager will appears
    5) Follow the steps similar to 3 and 4 from the list higher

Now i use Unity version 2019.3.0f6

DavidLe360 and winxalex like this.