Search Unity

Shmup Baby

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by EbalStudios, Sep 18, 2018.

1. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

This is the support thread for our shoot 'em up creator system: Shmup Baby.
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/systems/shmup-baby-128937

Tutorials:
    Youtube Playlist Link
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLh5hgaVhes-glcYndel1T3DP40AjtO5Fn

Important Note:
    This version has been upgraded to a second version with a paid upgrade option, this version will be deprecated and support and development will move to the second version which we believe has a much stronger foundation for handling updates and upgrades.

Please do purchase the second version (AKA Shmup Boss) instead of this one . This version has been deprecated and completely replaced by Shmup Boss.

Version 2.0 ( Shmup Boss):
    The second version, Shmup Boss is available here: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/slug/187012
    You can feel free to ask any questions, read the new documentation or watch the tutorials which all can be found in Shmup Boss support thread: https://forum.unity.com/threads/1030870/

FAQ:

• Is this pack mobile compatible, does it support mobile controls, how about joystick? Yes, this pack uses Unity's default input and we have touch input for mobile and a virtual joystick for mobile. It also supports joystick input.
    • Does this pack implement a pooling system? No proper pooling system at the moment, but so far this pack works fine on mobile performance wise.
    • Do you support a perspective camera? No, at the moment it's only an orthographic version.
    • Is this script easily expandable or can I modify it to fit my needs quickly? We really can't say yes as we don't know how or what you are going to do with it. But we did include a code sample and the documentation which you can download from this post. But generally speaking if you are some sort of advanced developer and have a very specific game in mind your are better off starting from scratch and not buying any assets to customize.
    • Does it support 2D tile map? No.
    • I am having problems with Unity Ads? Unity ads services are known to require some magic on occasions, if this is the first time you use it and you can't get Unity Advertisement to work or for Unity to find the name space. Try disabling/enabling Ads, saving your project and restarting Unity. You can also try reimporting the pack and using a different project ID for it. For more information and to see that this is a general Unity issue you can visit this thread: https://forum.unity.com/threads/namespace-advertisements-does-not-exist-in-unityengine.353944/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  2. SocialFreak

SocialFreak

Looks great so far! I have been running some of the examples, in particular, the submarine one and I notice that the sub is directly under my thumb. Is there a way to move the player sprite to be ahead of where the user is placing their finger?

Ahmed_Al_Asl and EbalStudios like this.
  3. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Thanks, happy to know the experience was good so far.

We can add this one in the next update. we have two options to do it, either to add a displacement for where your finger is or to create an additional object that will control the movement for your touch input.

A quick fix is to move the player visual and collider away from the pivot> But please note that if you did this; enemy missiles won't hit you because they actually target the pivot point and not the collider :eek:

This is a very important request and it should have been obvious for us to do before releasing, but with a pack of this size I hope you understand that few things surly have slipped by, but we will do everything to tackle them as soon as possible.

Will add just now to the first post, a list of features and fixes that will be in the next update.

Neviah likes this.
  4. SocialFreak

SocialFreak

Thanks for the quick reply Either way sounds fine to me and I totally get that this is an early release. Look forward to the next update!

Neviah likes this.
  5. SocialFreak

SocialFreak

I'm working through the first video tutorial and I have the Player, Enemy and Wave all setup and playing however, If I continue shooting after the last enemy and before the Level Complete screen pops up, I get the error below. It appears to be that my bullets are hitting the Box Collider for the Level Controller. If I turn off the Box Collider I don't get the error but I also never get the Level Completed screen.

=== Error
    MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'LevelUIManager' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.

Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.

UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour.StartCoroutine (IEnumerator routine) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/MonoBehaviourBindings.gen.cs:62)

ShmupBaby.LevelUIManager.LevelComplete (ShmupBaby.ShmupEventArgs args) (at Assets/ShmupBaby/Scripts/UI/Level/LevelUIManager.cs:345)

ShmupBaby.FiniteLevelController.RiseOnLevelComplete () (at Assets/ShmupBaby/Scripts/LevelController/LevelController/FiniteLevelController.cs:218)

ShmupBaby.FiniteLevelController.CheckForLastEnemy (ShmupBaby.ShmupEventArgs args) (at Assets/ShmupBaby/Scripts/LevelController/LevelController/FiniteLevelController.cs:191)

ShmupBaby.Enemy.OnDisable () (at Assets/ShmupBaby/Scripts/Core/Agent/Enemy/Enemy.cs:190)

UnityEngine.Object: Destroy(Object) NOTE HAD TO SEPERATE ": & D" OR EMOJI APPEARS

ShmupBaby.DestroyByRegion:OnTriggerExit2D(Collider2D) (at Assets/ShmupBaby/Scripts/Utilities/DestroyByRegion.cs:133)

6. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

I understand how this must feel on your side, but rest assured that we will do everything to make this work for you.
    Can you please send us your scene? This way we can know exactly what's happening and if there is anything that needs to be changed we can send the solution back to you ASAP.

Meanwhile can you please check the player layer and enemies layer and to check the index number of the waves and player inside the level controller. Also the enemies, player and waves should be disabled inside the scene hierarchy, the player and enemy waves will be spawned by the level controller. You can compare your scene to the first tutorial scene saved under the tutorial folder in scenes.

The way we designed the package, the particle bullets should never hit the box collider of the level so we couldn't replicate the problem you have. if none of the above things work, please send us your scene file and we will take it from there.

Thanks a lot for the review and looking forward to solving anything that you might encounter.
    BTW; our E-mail is: info@ebalstudios.com

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  7. SocialFreak

SocialFreak

Whatever it was, it appears to have resolved itself. I had double checked all the layers and indexes but also continued on with the other tutorials so maybe I made a change that I had incorrect because It is working fine now.

Thanks for the reply and all the info I needed to check!

EbalStudios likes this.
  8. Neviah

Neviah

Does the "remove trail" work? I can't seem to get rid of it.

Also, the scale of my scene and ship change every time I mess with the background/object prefabs.

9. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Hi Didier, man I just tried removing these trails and now I feel exactly like you! can't get rid of them!!
    Please accept our apologies for this one, we added the trails at the beginning, and when we tested the game we only made couple of trails and looks like we never tried actually removing them :eek::eek: Thank you so much for spotting it out, will fix this one on Sunday and send you the script or make it available on the drop box folder if you guys didn't want to wait for the next update.

Immediate solutions for the trails, give the trail time and width a value of zero or a material which has an invisible sprite (empty sprite) or start a new weapon prefab LOL I know these solutions are too crude and primitive but just until we give you the new script after couple of days.

Now for the background, the background is a different issue and I think I should make a video about it but I am waiting for few things like those to group them in a single video.
    The background determines your game field, so if it's bigger, everything will be smaller, just like making a soccer game field bigger but keeping the players size the same, you player, enemies and waves won't change scale.
    If you change the background size, by for example changing the resolution of your background texture, your game field will become bigger and everything else appear smaller. (again accept my apologies on this one, will add a help box in the next update and maybe I can point this out more in the tutorials.)

Solutions if you change your background texture resolution:
    - Change the sprite pixel per unity value. (if you used a 2048x1024, instead of a 1024x512, make that value to half).
    - Scale the background in the background controller, check override scale and scale the background there. it should fix everything.

Let me know if this helps Didier, I know getting up to speed with this script might have been some effort, This is the first big pack we make and were learning as we go how to make things user friendly.

Edit on 14 Oct: Done, remove trail button fixed and will be in the next update, if you need to use the button now, you can download the fix from here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k1on8fgzwurso8t/AACFDElY3t7oxdxoyDak6Fz3a?dl=0

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    Neviah likes this.
  10. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Version 1.1 is now online!

We have fixed any issues that were present after the first release and added the following features:
    • Improved the functionality of the Infinite Level Controller, and added upgrade option and level text.
    • Added Input Manager. Now you can control the player while your finger is away from the player and added threshold value for input.
    • Mobile Controls
    • Ads Manager
    • Audio Mixer -Main Menu Improvements
    • Level Controller Input and Auto Fire options
    • Added pick up life drop item.
    • Fixed various exceptions and minor bugs.
    Also finished the 2 tutorials about building a game and creating an infinite game. We are available for any questions or feedback.

Neviah and limo like this.
  11. jingray

jingray

Look great. System full pool, titl with 2d sprite frame by frame, bullet hell??

12. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Thanks,
    • We have a 2D sprite system called "Direction Sprite Swap" to change sprites based on movement direction, to learn more this tutorial will help:
    • I am not sure if you can call this a complete bullet hell system, but our pack weapons system can do quite a lot, everything you see in the trailer is included and can be implemented using our package, radial and path weapons with modifiers for rate control and rotation are available, for a better idea. This tutorial will help:
    • At the moment we do not have a pooling system. Our package has a lot of features and offers huge customization capabilities and each prefab is made up of many other smaller components which made it challenging to implement an efficient pooling system, but in future version we might include one if we felt it significantly improves the performance.

jingray likes this.
  13. jingray

jingray

I working 2D game.
    I want anymore about move system. I seen your video. And I have 4 frames for left direction, frame by frame as angle. You only change one frame, I think you forget something?!

14. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Apologies Vudong, but our system currently uses only one image for each direction.
    Using our script you cannot use 4 images (frame by frame as angle) for the direction.

Edit on 30th January 2019
    In version 1.2 you can now have as many frames as you want through the use the Direction sprite swap gradual component.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    ATeam_Production and jingray like this.
  15. Mike_011972

Mike_011972

Hello, First off, just bought your package as it looks really good from what I've seen of it and I'm really happy that you have done the docs as PDF's (with numbers on the pages for printing out) as it means I can stick them on a USB stick and read them turn lunch at work - which is a big think for me as I don't get that much spare time when home.

I'm planning on making a Gradius / Nemesis style game with your kit (my favourite shooter series).
    With that in mind I have a couple of requests if possible.
    Does the level creation support tile mapped level so the player will need to dodge the landscape or crash.
    Does it support walking enemies.
    Can you make multiple / drones that follow the player and shoots when the player does.
    I understand you are making a boss editor, so thats great.
    Is it possible to make the level stop scrolling a certain points (for boss fits for example).
    Coin collection to buy upgrades (same was as in Gradius or a shop).

Also on a different note, just seen your mind dodging game which looks really nice. Is it possible to do the rotating mini arena style game using this kit? Would love to make a little asteroids style game.

Sorry for all the questions, but your kit shows loads of promise and has given me plenty of ideas for games to try.
    (sorry posted this in the old forum).

EbalStudios likes this.
  16. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Thanks a lot man, Gradius is one my favorite games, I think you can get something somewhat close to it but there will be some features which will be challenging to do in this version like walking enemies and having the missiles/bombs react the way they do in Gradius.

- Tile map is not supported now, but alternatively you could consider using enemies with a collider and no weapons with a visual similar to terrain or level. Just as a workaround, if you place it correctly you might get something that will behave like a terrain. (For example, the gate at the beginning of the vertical space demo)

- Sorry Mike :(, no walking enemies for now, this would need a completely new mover.

- For the drones, you can try this, it is not exactly what you need since the movement is not the same as graduis and is basically a static parent but maybe it's something you can use, I recorded this quick video to show this trick:

- For the boss, coin shop and other upgrades, we will certainly use these ideas at some point but we absolutely cannot give any estimated time for release, as we are considering rebuilding the whole package from scratch to better accommodate for future changes and make it more solid, and this may take up to a year. Will update this thread to make it clear as somethings have changed since our WIP plans and ones after release.

Anyways thanks again Mike for your purchase, really happy to know you are using our pack, good luck with everything :)

17. Mike_011972

Mike_011972

Thanks for the quick and detailed reply back (way more than I was expecting).
    I'll have a bit of time over the weekend to have a play with your kit and see what I can get out of it. For once the documentation in a kit seems straight forward and logical.
    There's million and one different style of shoot'em'ups and I don't expect you to be able to cover everything, especially i your first release, but what I've seen of it and read, it looks really good.
    Thanks again for the quick and detailed reply, it's much appreciated.

Mike.

EbalStudios likes this.
  18. JCPhlux

JCPhlux

I about to finish up on the current game I am working on and am looking at buying this asset for my next game I am currently designing. I have watched all of the tutorials and it fits about 90% of what I am wanting in the game. So my question is is the code well documented so I could write custom movers or change how some it works to fix my needs?

19. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

The script comments should cover all aspects of the script and hopefully will enable you to understand it and get around making your own changes. I am attaching here a sample of one of our movers, with the base code for it to give you an idea if this is something you can work on.

The PDF documentation that comes with the package is mostly concerned with things from an application point of you. i.e. mostly what all the public fields are and how to use the script, but it does not explain how this script is functioning from the inside or how it's actually working. I am attaching the PDF documentation over here as well.

Generally speaking, we cannot guarantee that users will be able to modify the script easily to make the features they want, because there could be an infinite possibilities of what to change and some might prove more challenging with the way our script is laid out than others. But I hope the code sample help you get an idea.

Good luck with your next project, whatever you finally decided it to be, I am sure it will be awesome! :)

Attached Files:

JCPhlux likes this.
  20. JCPhlux

JCPhlux

Hey Thanks for the info. This all looks really good. I Found this project because I am looking at you Spaceship collection. I think it would be a no brainier purchase for me if you had a mega pack that included this and all you space assets in one package.
    Once I wrap this current project up I will make a final decision.

NeatWolf and EbalStudios like this.
  21. andrekadow

andrekadow

Joystick ready/compatible?

22. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Yes.
    Available controls:
    For computers
    - Input (Keyboard & joystick)
    - Follow touch (Mouse)

For mobile devices
    - Input (Visible controls on screen, virtual joystick and fire button)
    - Follow touch (follows your touch pointer on screen)

23. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Man, you seem really fired up to making an awesome Shmup!
    You are correct, the bullets are particles so they should perform with ease, but the missiles, enemies, vfx are not pooled as you predicted. Haven't yet tried to take it to the limits on a mobile to see how it goes, but if you are using just a lot of bullets it should be fine.

Sorry man, no etas, but I just updated the first post to include a road map and keep everyone posted how it's all going.

Yes, right now it's orthographic only, but this and the pooling system are on the top of our priorities whenever we get a chance to rebuild this pack or make some serious changes to it.
    At this thread first post you should now find a code sample, really can't say if this is extendable as I don't know how you will use it but the sample should help I hope. A simplified free version is a good idea and maybe we will do it at some point.

Yes, this is already implemented in shmup baby, we added the offset so your finger does not cover the player and have the option of a joystick.

That was the initial plan, but we were hindered by Unity's file size limitation. A lot of customers asked for the substance files which made the USC collection size grow to the max limit and we couldn't add anything to it. If you open up this thread and only buy the purple items you will not get anything repeated: https://forum.unity.com/threads/released-modular-spaceships-collection.518276/#post-3396464

Would love to make a mega pack but the main limitation is the file size

Actually YES! but if you read the newly added road map in the first post you will get what I mean, still a long way. but the plan is to take this to the next level and do my best in terms of quality but it will take quite a long time before you see any results. So I wouldn't actually wait for it. :)

NeatWolf and limo like this.
  24. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

A lot of questions are often repeated so it's better to have it in this public forum instead of having to reply the same replies multiple times.

Point taken, will try to have more virtual class when possible in the future. And try to imagine how people will possibly extend it. As for the comments I think you have paid us a complement :oops:. I've been reading a book on clean code and getting more info on the subject and I now believe that we haven't taken the best approach with our comments or organization, it's a matter of taste of course. but I am leaning more towards giving better names and making them super clear that you don't need any summaries for them, a lot less clutter of comments, removing anything redundant. I don't know if you are familiar with it, but will try to implement what's in this book: https://www.amazon.com/Clean-Code-Handbook-Software-Craftsmanship/dp/0132350882

Everything should work fine when you import with the exception of the layers. They need to be in the exact order: 8 and 9.

I agree 100% thats why are planning a major rebuild. Something like this can't be fixed quickly and is intertwined with so many classes and not just the weapons.

this a top priority in the rebuild that will take a very long time to publish.

We were new to the asset store and I admit we didn't make the right choices, but part of the time taken for the new rebuild will be for studying other assets, and we might make it more modular and try to learn how others developers done things.

Makes perfect sense and will probably be the way we go about things in the future rebuild.

For pausing the game you can check the ads manager script, loadandshow function and see how the game is paused (music and time manager.pause). and for using custom stuff in waves you can check the fighter jet level, in the waves element#3: WaveOrgnizedArrow we have a simple arrow that work as warning. also using objects control we activate some light and sprite in the space vertical level. These are all hacks and not easy to use I know but we know that this pack is still lacking that's why we will eventually rebuild after using all of your feedback.

Excellent ideas.

It was initially a quick way to show the sprites without using the animator states and is a by product of how the script works, a slight delay in computation could loop the animation again before destroying it so you sometimes see a frame or two which you shouldn't be seeing. Apologies about this, we are planning to find better ways of doing things.

Points taken.

Got it.

When switching to android/ios you only have their controls (either virtual joystick or touch) and WASD are disabled. Not sure if it's the right thing to do from us though. will look into it, but everything is working as it was designed.

All of these ideas will surly help in our eventual rebuild! Thanks a lot man for the detailed info. The new pack will probably take a very long time to actually release. For many reasons other than the actual work and research that will go into it. But when it's finally out we hope that it addresses most of your points and for you to enjoy using it:)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    Mark_01 and NeatWolf like this.
  25. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Version 1.2 is out and we have added the much sought out ability of changing multiple frames when changing directions.

On another note we have also made it very clear in the pack description not to expect quick future updates. The reason being that we really want to take our time rebuilding this pack from scratch and not be rushed to release anything prematurely and also because the new build may be released as a new pack.

In short we just want to work on our own pace to build something awesome!

Neviah likes this.
  26. Sehee26

Sehee26

Hi, I'm thinking about buying the asset, and I'd like to know if I can use 3d models with it.

Thank you.

27. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Yes but the camera is orthographic and you can't practically use a 3D background. (This is more of a 2.5D system)
    Things like spaceships, asteroid etc.. can be 3D and will show that they are 3D when rotating but you can't make a 3D background scene in the same way like games such as Sky Force and Sine Mora.

If possible please do view the tutorial before making your purchase to know exactly what you are getting into. Thx.

28. realgamingart

realgamingart

I like this Assets very much. I am happy to see unlimited combination. I want to ask one think Does this assets have Enemy Big Hero at the end of every level. Can we control that hero ? Please see the image. SpaceShooter.png SpaceShooter.png

29. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Everything you see in the trailer is included in Shmup Baby.

BUT please note that controlling and modifying the level boss is not very easy, there is no special boss controlling script and you have to go through a series of enabling/disabling/instantiating through a script called objects control. For a better idea you can see:
    and even then there are still some limitations.

If controlling the "Hero" easily is very essential to you, I suggest you wait for version 2 or our next release for a better Shmup Engine.

realgamingart likes this.
  30. anilo

anilo

Do you have a timeline for version 2 or next release ?

31. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Ouch! I shouldn't have said "wait" in my last post :eek::)
    Nope, no timeline and not giving one Until we have it almost 90% finished :D

I really want to enjoy working on this one and not feel like I am rushed into it. But to correct my previous post: No, don't wait for anything :) Just finish up whatever projects you have and completely forget about it. Maybe a really long time later if you see there is a version 2 or a new release just check it out.

Technically we haven't started with version 2.0 or the new release yet. We are still finishing up some more art assets and animation projects and haven't had a chance to even begin working on it.

32. anilo

anilo

I really like the object controls script.
    Do you think you might make a video showing how to create a Boss Character using the Object Controls script?
    The video that you have posted already "Part 8" is good introduction, but the Object Controls script with Boss creation probably deserves it's own dedicated video.

What do you think?

33. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

While very handy, the objects control script is not a substitute for a dedicated boss control script. There are some things which it can't do. Also it can be a bit convoluted to use if you push it too much like the red boss in the space vertical level.

I do not wish to falsely advertise it as a boss tool, that's why I have my "important notes" disclaimer in the asset description to avoid any confusion.

If I get time, I might do a video about it, but I am truly reluctant to spend any more effort on this edition of the pack, there are just some very basic things that need to be redone and I feel any effort put into patching it up will be a waste and I prefer to put that energy into something new or upgrading my skills.

34. anilo

anilo

I really like this object controls script. A very flexible and powerful script to visually attach actions for various events.
    Can't wait to see your next version.
    Meanwhile I will enjoy this script !!!

35. iaquer

iaquer

hi I am very interested in shmup baby but before buying it I wanted to ask some questions: 1) I'm not a programmer ... can I really make a shoot em up without inserting codes? 2) in shmup baby can I modify the sprites of spaceships, enemies and backgrounds with personal sprites made by me? 3) Can I finally export directly to windows or android or do I need other additional packages?

36. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Yes you can, first please watch the tutorials and double check if what's in them is something you would like to implement and use.
    But please note, if you cannot code, you will be limited in adding any of the simplest functionality, This shmup pack as with any other pack does not cover all the possible features you will need, any small modifications to the features will require you to understand some code to change anything, but if you are happy with what this pack has to offer and you would like to build similar levels to the demos then you should be ok.

Additionally please note and as we have mentioned in the pack description, that this pack does no't have a pool manager for enemies and explosions etc.. which means for older mobile devices if you have lots of enemies you might encounter performance spikes. The small tests we've made were fine but we really haven't stress tested it enough.

Yes you can change things and build to windows or mobile.

But please note that we recommend you check some general tutorials about Unity to know a little bit more about building games, sprites, game objects, components etc.. before purchasing any packs. From experience I can say that any investment you make in learning Unity or a bit of coding will not go into waste. If you want to make successful and unique games in the future you will sooner or later need to do your own customization which can only come after learning a bit of code.

When I was starting out, I needed many long hours to figure out few of the simple basics of Unity. Had I bought a pack then; I might have kept sending the developer small questions about things which are not related to his/her pack.

It will be extremely challenging for any asset store publisher to guide any developer who just started out the basics of Unity. It might be best to try out some free packs/ tutorials first and see how it goes in building a game before moving to more intense work.

Anyway good luck with everything and welcome to the Unity community, we hope you make some Awesome Games!

37. MindlessPursuits

MindlessPursuits

I'm using 2D sprites made into prefabs. How do I make them show up in the Select Ship screen? I added it as I would a 3D prefab but they don't show.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  38. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

I attached an image to show the process, just double check the rotation speed and offset angle are set to zero.
    Also your sprite prefab needs to be on position (0,0,0)

SpritePrefab1.jpg

MindlessPursuits likes this.
  39. MindlessPursuits

MindlessPursuits

Thank you. I had done that, but on a Player Select scene i had recreated following yours and I can't figure out why it won't show up but it appears that somehow the camera in my scene operates differently than yours. For now I'm just using yours from the main menu folder directly but I hope to figure out what I did wrong with my scene in the future. Thank you for the prompt response!

EbalStudios likes this.
  40. Handley_

Handley_

Any way to add graphics to the sides of the vertical scroller rather than it just being black space?

41. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

No, but I just made a quick hack for you. It will only work if you are building a game with the main menu though.

-Download the attached GameManager.cs and replace the older script (Make sure to keep a backup of the old one)
    -Open the main menu scene, now the game manager will have an empty slot for a sprite, place there your background sprite (i.e. an 1920x1080 image with the settings set to Sprite 2D UI).
    -Save the scene.
    -Build the game with the correct index settings for the main menu, player select and your game levels.
    -Now you should see your background whenever you play or restart any level.

But please note that this is a very quick hack, I quite understand that one would prefer a more customizable solution, or something that can be tested without having to build the game, and potentially to have health and score on the side, etc... but doing that is quite intensive and would take a considerable amount of time but we have taken into consideration for the next version.

Attached Files:

42. CivaxO

CivaxO

Is there a way to build a formation of enemies in a wave where each has a behavior? like in space invaders?

43. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

No.

44. arjunr24724

arjunr24724

Hello

Is this still being developed or have you stopped development on it?

45. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Still being developed :), but we are not giving any dates. Also we are busy working on our art packs so it's not completely full time development at the moment.

So far we have an improved background system, and few other new features but we won't do any videos or developer diaries sort of updates until we are few months before release which is still a long way from now.

arjunr24724 likes this.
  46. Hibito555

Hibito555

Can I achieve in-app purchase?
    Rebirth charge one dollar, etc lol

47. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

That would make you a very rich man if it works out for you and you have plenty of users :D
    But no unfortunately that feature is unavailable and you would have to either code it yourself or find another pack that manages in app purchases. We only have the Unity ads system shown in the tutorials.

48. IceLab_Game

IceLab_Game

Is possible to use in a 3d project? With all model in 3d?

49. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Yes, but it will only work with an orthographic camera, which means you cannot see the depth of the background and objects, you also cannot rotate the camera.

To better understand the difference, simply toggle the orthographic setting on a camera on and off and notice how each looks like and renders things differently.

Neviah likes this.
  50. Heero888

Heero888

Hi Ebal guys,

In the sample scene "SpaceHorizontal", when the player craft spawn at the beginning before the craft is controllable by player, you have this cool effect that the craft spins and move to its initial position. Where I can find the code/controls for this please? I tried to dig around for 2 hours can't locate the logic.

PS1: Awesome template by the way. Although I paid you for it, I still have to thank you for it hahahaha.
    PS2: I also bought the moduler spacecraft package, it is awesome as well thanks for that! It would be very nice if you also release a package with all the space / sci-fi 2D backgrounds we ever needed. You already have some 2D space and planets, if you also make more 2D stations background (like in your youtube tutorial) such that it looks like the player is flying deep into inside enemy's base/mother ship etc (in both human and alien style). Such assets are lagging in asset store.

Thanks,
    WaiFung