Search Unity

[WIP] Feedback needed on upcoming Dark Fantasy Props & environment pack

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Runemark, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Runemark

Runemark

This package is released! You can buy it in the ASSET STORE.
    We created a new forum for the released version HERE.

Gate_V3.PNG
    Hi everyone,

I'm Dotti from Runemark Studio, and I'm currently working on a new model pack for the Asset Store.
    I noticed that there are not too many props & environment packs for villain's lairs, so I started to work on one. The theme is Dark Fantasy, which means elegant, yet dark and mystical looking items and building parts. I plan to release first a basic pack with modular building elements such as walls, doors, windows, stairs, railings, ledges etc. The pack will also contain generic props to populate the place. Then I would like to grow the pack and extend it with a dining hall, a guard's quarter and prison, a throne room, and other "hero" elements such as a dark altar or sanctuary to an evil god/godess. If there is a need, then I will put in more exterior stuff too. And further on, weathered / ruined elements of this pack.

In this thread I would like to post pictures about the already (or near) completed items, and to ask some advice on shaders, post processing and presentation which is not really my strong point yet. I already set up a studio scene in Unity with a gradient backdrop and 3 lights, and set up HDR and realtime lighting, as seen in the "Creating Believable Visuals" tutorial series. I made most of the images in this environment, with Unity's Standard Shader and post-process stack. Of course when the models are all ready and set, I will build an interior and create a nice playable scene too.

Edit: I uploaded some of the models to out Sketchfab page, you can view them here.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    TeagansDad and Mark_01 like this.
  2. Runemark

Runemark

Architecture (WIP):
    columns_wip.PNG Grates01.PNG stairs_wip.PNG windows_wip.PNG

3. Runemark

Runemark

Props (WIP):
    Box02.PNG candles.PNG Carpets and flags01.PNG furniture01.PNG lamps3.PNG

4. Mark_01

Mark_01

I like the pack. no ideas shaders, post processing and presentation, except to say I would use the regular Unity
    shader ... and maybe just look at some of how others have done that.

And or look at light box, on the store maybe make things a bit easier.

The concept itself is great and really that is the main thing, and the models look great. :)

TeagansDad likes this.
  5. Runemark

Runemark

Thank you Mark! I'll keep the updates coming.

Mark_01 likes this.
  6. Runemark

Runemark

More furniture:
    chairs_wip.PNG cupboards01.PNG drawers02_wip.PNG drawers01_wip.PNG

Mark_01 likes this.
  7. Mark_01

Mark_01

The chairs are really nice. I like the designs. :)

8. Runemark

Runemark

Here is this week's batch with beds and benches.
    I will have a break until July 1st, so more updates will come only on next week.
    beds-single-wip.PNG Bed_canopy.PNG benches02.PNG

9. Runemark

Runemark

Furnitures are near finished. What's left is organize all the stuff.. hopefully it won't take too long. ( I counted around 200 prefabs so far). Here are some images of the color variations. Not everything will have so many colors for the first release, I will have to fill up the pack with updates later.
    desk01_1.PNG colorvar02.PNG variation03.PNG

I'm starting to get excited! I had great feedback so far from many channels.

10. Runemark

Runemark

We made a great progress since the last update. We aren't just getting closer and closer to publishing theis asset, but we are almost there!

There is a manor far away from the cities. Its big halls are clean, not a single cobweb on the walls or on the ceilings, and no dirt on the floor. But, the building is always empty, it's abandoned for a century ago.

In the night whispering can be heard from the great hall. Sound of footsteps echoes around the corridors. Maybe the manor isn't entirely abandoned. Some says an evil mastermind lives here, a dark overlord who can't stand dirt below his feet.

v1a.png v1b.png v1c.png v1d.png v1e.png
    What do you think, who is this mysterious inhabitant, who lives here?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    Neviah, Mark_01 and TeagansDad like this.
  11. Mark_01

Mark_01

Really nice, coming along really well. Best thing not a total rehash of stuff on the store already .. visually very interesting. I like it a lot.

Runemark and TeagansDad like this.
  12. Runemark

Runemark

Temple of the Scorpion God
    (demo scene)

ScropionTemple 4.png ScropionTemple 3.png ScropionTemple 2.png ScropionTemple 1.png

Neviah likes this.
  13. Runemark

Runemark

Chamber of the Dark Overlord
    (Top-Down Demo Scene)

Chamber of the Dark Overlord 1.png Chamber of the Dark Overlord 2 .png Chamber of the Dark Overlord 3.png Chamber of the Dark Overlord 4.png

Neviah likes this.
  14. MostHated

MostHated

Looks pretty good. going to keep an eye on this.

Runemark likes this.
  15. Runemark

Runemark

Dotti wrote a few blog post about her journey of creating this asset. If you are interested, here are the links to the blog posts:

Part I: Tells you the idea and the motivation, what references did she use, and how we planned the workflow
    Part II: Overview of workflow she used, starting with concepts through base modelling to texturing.
    Part III:
    What difficulties and challenges did we encountered.

16. Runemark

Runemark

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018