Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Ebal Studios 3D Art Assets - Support

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by EbalStudios, Feb 19, 2018.

1. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Discord Server | USC Documentation

All of our Sci-Fi art can be completely obtained by purchasing the following:
    Once you purchase the USC, you will have free access to additional 4K textures, texture color masks and Substance 3D Painter files.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Our
    Ultimate Spaceships Creator (USC), Sci-Fi Space Stations Creator and High-rez Spaceships Creator represent thousands of diligent work hours by our artists. We are quite proud of the final results and the content included in them is unprecedented, we hope that it will help you in your projects.

FAQ

• Can I use the assets I purchased in my commercial game? Yes, and that includes our free assets as well.
    • Can I use it for my space game in-app purchases and upgrades? Yes.
    • Can I change or modify the models to fit my game? Absolutely.
    • Do I need to add you in the credits of my game? No, But we wouldn't exactly mind it if you did :)
    • Are these models mobile compatible? Yes, but don't take our word for it, download our Star Sparrow free sample and test it yourself.
    • I would like 2D images of the spaceships, I want to use them in my loading screen, icons, spaceship selection or in a 2D shmup. How can I get them? This video below explains how to render 2D images in Unity:

Spaceships Requests

Are you missing a particular style of spaceships in the Ultimate Spaceships Creator? If so, please make a post here and I will add it to the list. If the request has already been made I will add your name to the existing one to know that a particular style is in demand.

• More capital ships and carriers. (Requested by: edub101)
    • Organic and insect inspired alien spaceships like Babylon5 shadow ship or Zerg. (Requested by: rboerdijk)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2024 at 3:31 PM
  2. ChrisBlox

ChrisBlox

Is it possible to get the example ships as sum of the modules instead a single prefab? That would be great.

3. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

We can look into it for our future assets, or maybe provide an example or 2 in that way. We quite understand that it must be much more convenient for many users to be able to move the prefabs inside Unity and further customize the examples.

But we did take the approach we did because having each example under a single Prefab would reduce the draw calls and give a better performance without having to use something like Mesh Baker.
    It will also make things less confusing as there are over a 100 examples in this collection, each using more than 10 modules, so that would be well over 1,000 Modules in total.

The way to modify any existing example instead of rebuilding it from basic modules would be to import the FBX examples file into any 3D app and quickly move the modules around and export back.

Edit: If you need the pieces as seperate for all of the examples for whatever reason, the best solution we can provide is that you import the FBX files into your 3D app and hit the explode by element button or a script that performs the same function.

In 3ds max, attach all objects, convert to editable mesh and explode using 180 angle.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    ChrisBlox likes this.
  4. ChrisBlox

ChrisBlox

Thank you very much for the fast response. :)

5. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Update.jpg

Hi again Chris, we have been getting a couple more requests from users who also prefer the examples to be modular inside Unity.
    We decided to go ahead and update the collection, and include the examples in both methods (attached, like what they currently are, and also modular like what you prefer).
    The image in this reply is an example of how it should look like, we are currently working on them and will upload the update to the asset store soon. (Edit: Done!)

We are also currently working on the bigger version 2.0 update (will be released after our Space Shooter Creator Template is released https://forum.unity.com/threads/wip-space-shooter-creator.518182). This update should include all of our 3D low-poly space content and a new modular spaceship we are working on now.

If there are any requests please do let us know.:cool:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    ChrisBlox likes this.
  6. kakkarotssj

kakkarotssj

When I last checked on this asset, it was great, I mean WOW but I guess it would be awesome if some spaceships look alike alien spaceships.

rboerdijk and EbalStudios like this.
  7. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Thank you for the kind words and feedback! We just finished this one, not exactly alien but it has a little bit of a different style than the rest and we tested a new modular approach with it (making modules from smaller modules).
    Sure thing, in our next updates we will try to make a few alien or robotic ones.

Attached Files:

8. Valkrysa_Herja

Valkrysa_Herja

Such a large pack of ships with a consistent art style was such a great thing to find, thanks for the great work.

P.S. Good on including the ExampleModular set, it makes setting up turrets as separate objects simple.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    EbalStudios likes this.
  9. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Thanks Alice!
    We added the modular examples after feedback from Chris and other developers, if you ever have any suggestions or ideas please do not hesitate to pass them on and we will try our best.

So far the plan for this collection is to add one or 2 unified textures, which means extra materials that will have the exact same style and color across many of the ships, so that you can easily have factions from multiple ships and re-use and combine modules from different ships. Will keep everyone posted on the update as we start working on them.

10. XCPU

XCPU

Yes, very nice. I picked this up for a future project, which I may never get to, more ideas than time.
    but it just looked so good.
    One thing, the substance is missing from the pack, that's in the individual modules if I remember right.
    Anyways, either way happy with it.

EbalStudios likes this.
  11. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Absolutely, I can imagine how much help the substance files will be.
    We would love to add them and it won't take any effort from us; since we already have the files prepared. But the reason they are not included in the collection vs the individual ships is the file size.
    We imagine that having a total file size of over 1 GB could dissuade some potential customers from purchasing the collection or easily downloading and decompressing it every time there is an update.

But maybe in the next update we could find some middle ground where we try to minimize file size by deleting some layers (even after clean and everything they are still big especially that there are many ships), or at least to include the normal maps after the initial bake so that you can easily make your own textures in substance.

Or I just got the idea of making 2 releases (one small size without substance and a big one with substance) if the guys in the Asset store inspection team agree with it. :)

Really grateful for the input and kind words, this really helps us immensely in knowing what to prioritize and put on our to do list to make better assets. I hope you finally get around to making use of the collection and to create an awesome game!

12. Valkrysa_Herja

Valkrysa_Herja

Did some work with these and the modular example worked like a charm, took one of the void whales and deleted it's turrets (they're going to be their own script controlled objects) and then combined the meshes again for performance (with Mesh Baker). The fact that the textures are already single textures meant no texture atlas work even has to be done when recombining :)

EbalStudios likes this.
  13. Grendelbiter

Grendelbiter

Hey, I bought almost everything you have to offer, great stuff! Everything looks awesome, my only complaint is that the Space Stations are the same size as the ships and if you enlarge them to appropriate sizes the textures get blurry. Is there any way I could have the substance file for the Stations? I've got Substance myself, I could just enlarge the textures to 4k then.

Edit: Or just send 4k Textures.

One thing I think would be nice to add are Warp Gates (Although you could maybe make something that looks like a Warp Gate with the Station kit)
    More Stations would be nice (Asteroid base, Pirate Station, Entertainment Station, Industrial Stations)

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  14. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Thank you so much for all of the ideas and for you support! We are really happy to learn more on what type of models you need; to have a better idea on what to create or modify next.

You have a good point there with the space stations, in the next update we will include with the asset either the 4K maps or the substance files, but to help you out quicker and not keep you waiting for the update, can you just send us an E-mail: info@ebalstudios.com and we will share with you a dropbox folder which contains the space stations substance file.

15. Grendelbiter

Grendelbiter

Awesome thanks!

One more thing I thought of adding would be Space Anomalies, like Black Holes, Pulsars, Comets

Edit: Freighters and Industrial ships maybe? Miners and Haulers etc. More Capital Ships (Carriers for all those Fighters). Platforms with Ad Billboards. Moons (you got Planets, you need Moons).

Also, I know there's tons of VFX packs, but one made in your style for these ships would be nice. Maybe even supply a script that blows up a modular ship in pieces, with smoke and fire emitting from each piece as they are blasted in all directions.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    Valkrysa_Herja and EbalStudios like this.
  16. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Am saving up all of those ideas in a single document, so that once we finish this package https://forum.unity.com/threads/wip-shoot-em-up-creator.518182/ ; we could start working on more content, assets and improvements for this spaceships collection. One of them will be to try and figure out the best way to include all of the substance files.

Stay tuned and thanks again for all of the suggestions.

17. Valkrysa_Herja

Valkrysa_Herja

These ideas are totally rad. All would be day one purchases if implemented.
    If I were to prioritize I would say Freighters/Industrial/Miners/Haulers, aka a Space Working Class Collection, would be #1

EbalStudios likes this.
  18. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Sure thing, looks like the freighters and haulers are a must then, and maybe we could also do a space mining/industrial modular collection, effects and platforms.

All are now on our to do list; but we need some time :cool: Thx for the input.

19. Grendelbiter

Grendelbiter

Thank you so much for the link to the Substance files! The stations look crisp and sharp now with 4k. One thing I'm pleasantly surprised about is that the mesh was included in the .spp file. Is that a new thing in Substance?

I have one request. On the stations there is a module that kinda looks like a hangar with a big door. It would be awesome if that door would be a separate mesh and there would be an actual hangar behind it. Nothing fancy, a simple box with an emission texture would be enough, just a place where you could spawn ships and it wouldn't look like they just pop into existence.

I am using these ships for an open world space shooter, that's why I'm suggesting more civil ships and installations. If you want to go purely the shmup route I would suggest Bosses, every schmup needs them. Maybe expand on the alien theme. Even an open world space shooter would benefit from that and would also be an instant buy from me.

EbalStudios and Valkrysa_Herja like this.
  20. Grendelbiter

Grendelbiter

I noticed an error in the Asteroids scene. The Electric red and green asteroids are mixed up. Also typo in the brown, grey and white asteroids: ateroids should be asteroids.

EbalStudios likes this.
  21. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Thanks man for all of the feedback, one of our artists is now doing higher poly modular spaceships, these new ships will have modular interiors as well. If it works out; maybe we could also make higher poly space stations and installations that are suitable for your open space shooter. Adding details for the current space stations is possible, but not sure how far can we take it, especially if we want the new details to have proper baked normal maps.

Will keep you posted on things, so much work to do :eek: but we are working on it :cool:

PS: will open up the asteroids file now and update it. Would have been really challenging for us to catch it, thanks for pointing it out.

Grendelbiter likes this.
  22. Grendelbiter

Grendelbiter

One thing I have noticed when adding colliders to all the Modules:

1. A lot of the modules are at an angle, which makes it hard to use a simple collider for them. A lot of times I'm forced to use a mesh collider. I realize it is for ease of use. It would be nice if all the colliders were set up already.
    2. You could have saved yourself about half the modules, they are just mirrored copies slightly rotated sometimes. Sometimes completely identical. That could mean more Texture space for more modules or more details.

EbalStudios likes this.
  23. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Hi, it's awesome to have someone giving us all of this information :)

1. Will look into it.
    2-At first glance it looks like we are wasting a lot of texture space, but actually the mirrored modules are just added for convenience and do not use any texture space, we duplicated them after we finished texturing. We probably should just delete them so people are not confused.

Really appreciate your help, all the best.

24. Grendelbiter

Grendelbiter

Ohh nice, no in that case don't delete them, they really are convenient.

One more thing. In the VoidWhale modules scene, the turrets are one piece. On the VoidWhale modular examples they are separate pieces, which is far superior.

EbalStudios likes this.
  25. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Great to know, we will be building more capital ships and maybe even spaceship weapons or turrets and will try to make the modules as separate as possible.

I just hit the publish button for version 1.6 update, all Substance Painter files are now included with the collection! (By now I mean after the asset store approval :)) and we also corrected the pivot points of the modular examples.

XCPU and Grendelbiter like this.
  26. Grendelbiter

Grendelbiter

Thank you for all the Substance Files. There are a couple of errors in some of them.
    GalaxyRaptor is messed up the mesh seems to be double. LightFox ,HyperFalcon and MeteorMantis are one piece, which will leave artifacts from AO on pieces. SciFi Alien SpaceShips have no Substance File.

27. Grendelbiter

Grendelbiter

I also just noticed that by updating it overwrote all my work adding colliders and scripts to all the modules :(
    That's entirely my own stupid fault though.

28. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Sorry to hear about the collider thing :( hope it works out for you.

We really never intended for the substance files to be included with this collection when we first made it, so the files are far from perfect, but I am going to add a clear warning note now in the description to notify users so that they don't get any false impressions (If you think it's better not to include them at all, let me know).

The Sci-fi alien spaceships substance file is so difficult to deal with that I didn't include it at all but I already added that in the description. But man you really can spot everything :D

Edit: just updated the collection again, after approval the description should be very clear about the Substance files, also added the same note in the readme file for anyone who downloads the update. Really sorry man that we can't (at least for now) re-do the substance files, doing that would take nearly as much time as doing a new asset from scratch.

Maybe later we could add a video to the collection showing all of its contents very clearly.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  29. thegreatkoala

thegreatkoala

Just a quick question regarding colliders.

Whenever I load a prefab of a complete example(the name escapes me now cos I'm at work) into the hierarchy, if the ship isn't the first in the list(star sparrow 1 for example), the mesh collider is at 0,0,0 but the actual model is at 0, 0, 8(if the ship is star sparrow 2 for example) and I have to realign the two.

Is that something I am doing wrong?

30. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Hi, really interested to sort this one if we can.
    Are you using version 1.5 or 1.6 and does this happen with the modular examples or the standard prefab examples?
    In the early release of version 1.5 , when we added the modular examples, there was an issue similar to what you mention in the modular examples prefabs only, but now in version 1.6 we corrected the modular examples and it should be fine.

If you can just test it out with the new version, and let us know we would really appreciate it. But, if you are using the latest version and you still have an issue; if you can send in a screen shot of the problem, we would truly appreciate it. Thanks

31. thegreatkoala

thegreatkoala

Hi

Yeah I was on 1.5 and just ran the update now. This seems to be fixed :)

EbalStudios likes this.
  32. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Been quite a while, just thought we would share some updates on what we are working on and what to expect.

2 of our team have been busy working on this one: https://forum.unity.com/threads/wip-shoot-em-up-creator.518182/
    And the other 2 have been working on making updates for our space 3D assets and on making a new type of modular spaceships collection.

Can't give any specific release dates at the moment, but at some point later on:

1- You will be able to upgrade from this modular spaceships collection into a much more complete space collection, that will include new space stations, a freighter/hauler modular spaceship and the rest of our current space assets (pickups, mines, debris, planets, etc..) which will be a complete space pack priced around 59$
    Edit on 8/Oct/2018 : slight change in plans, this collection will still get an upgrade and a price increase but it will be focused on spaceships, and other non spaceship items won't be included in it, or this is the plan the far as of writing this.

2- We will also later release a completely new modular spaceships collection, this will be different from this previous collection in many ways. (higher poly count, modular interior, each module has a texture, the modules have been carefully studied and tested). the screen shots attached can maybe explain better. If this new type of collection is something you guys prefer we will then proceed to making more modules and spaceship types.

Anyways really grateful for everyone who has used our assets, let us know if there is anything we can help with and if you have any thoughts or questions about the new collection. Thx :)

New modular spaceships collection
    Update.jpg Highres2.jpg
    Examples.jpg Interior Layout2.jpg Interior Layout1.jpg

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  33. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

And attached here is our new space stations and a WIP freighter, destroyed modular spaceship. The modules have been created more consciously this time, so they really can be used to make so many examples. These will be used in our more complete space art models collection.
    SpaceStationII_SocialMedia.png screenshot000.png

XCPU likes this.
  34. Grendelbiter

Grendelbiter

EbalStudios likes this.
  35. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Hey, happy to hear from you. Man how could you spot that hangar? it can be barely seen:eek::D:D
    Few more images of the space stations:
    SpaceStationII_08.png SpaceStationII_09.png SpaceStationII_10.png SpaceStationII_11.png

Yes! everyone who bought the modular space stations will be able to upgrade to the complete space collection. (for example, if you bought the modular spaceships for 29$, for a 30$ upgrade you will be able to get the 59$ complete collection).

For the space stations, the plan so far is to completely replace the old space stations with the new one (will keep the old one in a folder inside the space stations file). So basically it will be a free upgrade for everyone who bought the space stations.

Just saved your E-mail (looked up the old one you sent for the substance files) and will send you a free voucher for the complete space collection so that you wouldn't even have to pay the upgrade, we really appreciate the nice review you left for our modular spaceships.

BTW love the UI and main menu you have in your game, nice to see how these spaceships are used :)

Grendelbiter likes this.
  36. Grendelbiter

Grendelbiter

Those Modules look detailed enough to use in cut scenes in a pinch. Like a docking cut scene. Definitely will be an instant buy. Or rather would be if I'd have to pay for it, thanks!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    EbalStudios likes this.
  37. Kriszo91

Kriszo91

Hello!

Is there a way to upgrade the Space Shooter Sci-Fi Planets textures from 2k to 4k or maybe to 8k?

38. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Hi Sybere, we are working on an update at the moment for the planets, we will be adding more planets and even a star with multiple colors AND 4K textures!

But to save you the time of waiting for the updated version release, please send me either a private message with your E-mail or e-mail us directly at info@ebalstudios.com and I will share with you a dropbox folder of all 4K textures.

39. wileyjerkins

wileyjerkins

Can someone please provide an idiots guide to how I might change the color of these ships? I need Void Whale 9 to be another color, like the white void whale one. Also, people say it is EASY to make your own modular versions, but how does one do that exactly? Is there a separate program I use? I am a code, not a graphics guy so please excuse my idiocy. I can help you with code though!

40. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Hi Wiley!
    I completely understand your situation, very happy to know we have a code guru we can count on though :)

Creating new and non existing spaceship colors requires substance painter. we didn't create a script for it with a button, instead we supplied the files we used to create those textures which gives many users a lot more options than making new colors (adding logos, changing texture completely etc..). Apologies if this wasn't the most convenient way but we are just trying to do our best and to work on the requests we get from developers.

To create a new color you will need a copy of substance painter, open up the included substance painter file, go to the color layer and change the color and export the maps again. You probably don't even need to see any substance painter tutorials as you don't need to paint anything and everything is straight forward, but if you needed any help that community is huge and questions have been answered and there are lot of tutorials.

To make your own modular versions, you can open the modules scene (the large one or the one for each spaceship) and duplicate, rotate and move the parts to assemble your ship. (like lego, just move the parts and put them together to make something new, doesn't have to be a tight fit) also you can open up the "ExamplesModular" scenes and move the small parts to change an existing model.

This video might help:

We are going to make a complete tutorial on all the different ways you can assemble new ships and modify textures (we also desperately need a trailer). But we have been terribly busy improving this collection for you and other users. As you may have noticed, with this latest update: version 2, we have doubled the number of examples for the users for free and added many new spaceships. and once we get the chance we will try to add a tutorial for it.

Thanks a lot Wiley for your purchase.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  41. wileyjerkins

wileyjerkins

Thanks, that looks easier now that I've seen your video. I purchased the space stations too! Nice stuff. Thanks for making them.

EbalStudios likes this.
  42. Muphet

Muphet

what this PBR in most assets in store stands for?

43. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

https://marmoset.co/posts/physically-based-rendering-and-you-can-too/

Physically based rendering, basically it's just saying that our materials use albedo/metallic/roughness/normal which is probably what everyone is now using for their assets.

We actually just keep it on our icons because it makes them look better to have something written there and we can't think of anything else :)

44. Valkrysa_Herja

Valkrysa_Herja

Picked up space station creator today, will review it later tonight but so far looks A+

EbalStudios likes this.
  45. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Thanks Alice!

46. Rosty

Rosty

I can't import the Sci-Fi planets assets I bought few months ago in unity 2018.3.3f1

47. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Hi, thank you for your purchase. Please send us an E-mail with your voucher number and we will send you back a link to download the asset from.

Note: we have tested importing the model from the asset store and everything seemed fine. Not sure if it was some temporary glitch from the asset store servers or something else.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  48. wileyjerkins

wileyjerkins

Is there any chance I can get the modular versions of the ships exported with rotations? It seems they all have a rotation of zero, which makes no sense since some of the parts are obviously rotated. I am using modular versions of the Void Whale line (numbers 1-5 and 9). I need the rotations because I am using pooled objects and when they are destroyed I can't put them back together again without the modular part rotation values. Hope that makes sense. Otherwise I will have to not pool the capital ships, which is not ideal.

49. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Makes perfect sense and this would make your game performance extremely optimal.

Just a little bit of background and info, we have added the modular examples you are using now based on customers requests at a later stage. We opted for the approach you see now because it was more efficient and quicker to do and otherwise we would have been unable to add the modular examples at all. I completely agree that it would be best to create these examples out of the modules prefabs, but doing so at this stage I am afraid is not possible (at least for now) as it will take many long work days to redo over 200 spaceships and match them to the originals. I understand you only want the rotation and not a complete rebuild for the collection but I can't find a version of the file you need before collapsing the mesh and with the rotations intact :(

But for all of our future models we will try our best to make the modular examples using the prefabs.

50. wileyjerkins

wileyjerkins

thanks for the quick reply. i will just not pool the larger ships. i think you will get a kick out of seeing the game with your excellent spaceships in it.