Search Unity

"50" tips for unity (repost)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LeftyRighty, Aug 15, 2016.

1. LeftyRighty

LeftyRighty

There are quite a few articles that popup to give "advice" on using unity, but this one actually looks pretty good, although I think there are some typos in the code so pinch of salt required in places :) but covers quite a range of topics not just in coding; project layout, technical design approach etc.

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/Herm...and_Best_Practices_for_Unity_2016_Edition.php

Curious as to others' take on the things raised... any glaring problems within the advice?

also proof that math isn't necessarily required for unity :p

2. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

The best thing I found there is the bit about him having made many prototypes including a link to How we made 30 games in 30 days

That's great stuff just because I much prefer seeing people actually really doing something. Completing games.

3. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Good update. The last version was starting to get a little long in the tooth.

4. Master-Frog

Master-Frog

It's not completing games that counts. The game development community is really not about developing games, it's about being within the vicinity of people who are developing games, so people can absorb the warm glow.

GarBenjamin likes this.
  5. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Maybe this is true. The warmth of the fire and and a flask.

Master-Frog likes this.
  6. goat

goat

It is much more fun doing things locally. Has anyone watched The League Of Gentlemen?

7. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

8. goat

goat

Didn't recognize him with hair. He & Mattie were the peak of his career in Moonlighting.