Search Unity

1. Get the latest news, tutorials and offers directly to your inbox with our newsletters. Sign up now.
    Dismiss Notice

[-50% SALE !] Global Illumination Proxy - Fast fully real time GI, Zero baking, Mobile optimized,IBL

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Aug 9, 2014.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi

I have not finished the upgrade yet, though the upgrade is more of a manager to use multiple gi systems to emulate harmonics more easilly. Note this is already possible with current system as multiple can be used on each light.

2. nasos_333

nasos_333

Use with Sky MAster ULTIMATE volumetric lighting

GI Proxy is on Cyber Week -50% SALE !!!!

Other ARTnGAME OFFERS DURING CYBER WEEK SALE !!!

Sky Master ULTIMATE is also on -50% SALE !!!! (GI Proxy is included in Sky Master ULTIMATE asset)
    Sky Master ULTIMATE users can now upgrade to the following assets for only $5.
    InfiniCLOUD HDRP, Sun Shaft SRP and Volumetric Fog SRP for the HDRP and LWRP pipelines.
    And upgrade to InfiniGRASS for only $20 (vs $30) for a limited time !!!!!
    Also upgrade to Particle Dynamic Magic v2.0 for $20 (vs $35) !!!

Enjoy :)

ARTnGame - Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - Discord - Youtube

3. ftejada

ftejada

HI @nasos_333 !!!
    Tu GI Proxy supports HDRP? In case this is the case, GI Proxi do you need to use a camera (apart from the MainCamera) for its operation?
    The loss of performance that HDRP has per camera is terrible

Cheers

4. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, the system just spreads point lights, so should play with hdrp, but i have not tested it with it. It does not need a separate camera and does not use image effects, only shadowless point lights

ftejada likes this.
  5. Anisoft

Anisoft

I have skyMaster Ultimate and if im not mistaken this is built into skyMaster?

Also unfortunately its a bit hard to see this plugin in action to see how it works. I've looked through the videos but I'm still a bit confused as to whats going on.

6. Anisoft

Anisoft

Have you thought about using a Cornell Box example to help really show off the lighting better? Its rather simple to setup I feel.

7. nasos_333

nasos_333

The system in general spreads point lights from a light source, for directional lights can be a grid, for the rest also can be parametrized.

The best way to debug is to enable the system or use one of the samples and see how the lights are spread and tweak at run time to get the effect you need, then copy to editor or put the settings to editor for general use.

The system is indeed included in Sky Master ULTIMATE, which also includes a much optimized SEGI GI version which is another option.

I will consider the room demo, i have one for mobile but can do for more complex too

Anisoft likes this.
  8. Anisoft

Anisoft

SEGI GI? As in Sonic Eithers GI solution?

You made a optimized version of it?

9. nasos_333

nasos_333

Yes, i did a simple optimization but the gain is very big. I detail it somewhere in Sky Master ULTIMATE thread, will look for it and post

ftejada and Anisoft like this.
  10. Anisoft

Anisoft

Damn your a crazy life saver, I was interested in SEGI but was worried about performance. I felt like I could maybe get away with just using the diffuse lighting (no spec) with a very low resolution. It's possible ur optimization will help even more.

11. nasos_333

nasos_333

Here is a video showing the gain

Anisoft likes this.
  12. nasos_333

nasos_333

And few more from use in my WIP project

13. Anisoft

Anisoft

That's amazing, how much of a performance boost did you see?

From one of the videos it almost looks like double.

14. Anisoft

Anisoft

I think my plan would be to use SEGI for close up stuff, and your solution for further stuff (since SEGI has a limited draw distance)

15. nasos_333

nasos_333

Yes, but depend on case as well, generally make lot of difference.

Anisoft likes this.
  16. ftejada

ftejada

Hi @nasos_333 !!! a question
    I work in HDRP and I would like to know if your modified integrated SEGI solution works for HDRP

Regards

17. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

No, the system is standard only, any conversion to urp or hdrp is another asset as the work involved to adapt to the new different engine can be months.

That said i am interested in doing it at some point, and of course will be a free give away in google drive to sky master ultimate users

Anisoft and ftejada like this.
  18. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Hello nasos_333, I have been having a bit of interest in your GI solution. So far I tried Segi but it's unusable for big environment maps and the glitchy on and off light as it updates is rather annoying as well as the volume is very limited and not accurate at all and the performance is bad. Your simple solution looks rather decent and somewhat seems to make sense tow I wouldn't get my hopes up. So far all the GI solutions I tried in Unity have been a major disappointment. Your volume light solution also looks promising, can you go into a bit of detail on how your assets work? Does the GI thing work with sun and sky and does it have any constraints? Do they work for Unity 2017.1.0f3? I might consider purchasing if I feel brave enough. Also, is that SEGI solution implemented in the GI thing??

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  19. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

SEGI included in Sky Master ULTIMATE is the same as github with all limitations, but more optimized to run faster.

My GI Proxy is just an approximation with Unity point lights, so is platform agnostic and should run anywhere and is full customizable.

The volume lights are on top of all those and can be used with or without the GI, though are recommended as they create a leaps better look in general and contribute to that GI look.

florianalexandru05 likes this.
  20. nasos_333

nasos_333

(All images created using only Sky Master ULTIMATE Standard - URP - HDRP and InfiniGRASS, no other assets used)

SUMMER SALE STARTED !!!!!

Sky Master ULTIMATE is half price -50% Discount on personal sale for a limited time !!!!!

InfiniGRASS and all ARTnGame assets are also on -50% sale !!!!

InfiniGRASS is also only $15 when upgrading from Sky Master ULTIMATE !!! so make sure to get the sky first if getting both assets. GI Proxy is included in Sky Master ULTIMATE.

florianalexandru05 likes this.
  21. nasos_333

nasos_333

ARTnGAME Assets are now on -50% SALE in Unity New Year Sale !!!!!

Also Sky Master ULTIMATE users can upgrade to InfiniGRASS for only $9 instead of $60 normal price and then to InfiniTREE for $9 !!!!

22. CastryGames

CastryGames

I need Mobile demo apk please

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, unfortunately i dont have a mobile demo, but i can just send a test version of the system to check it, let me know

24. CastryGames

CastryGames

Yes pleasee

25. nasos_333

nasos_333

I sent in PM, note that the system uses point lights, so it might not be good to use for much older mobile

26. TimNedvyga

TimNedvyga

Hi, could you send it to me also, please?)

27. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, sure, i sent in PM

28. nasos_333

nasos_333

Is the system working out for the case ? Let me know and can help adapt as well.

29. nasos_333

nasos_333

Unity Spring Sale has started !!!!!

Sky Master ULTIMATE, Ethereal and InfiniGRASS are now on -50% Discount in Unity asset store Spring SALE !!!!!!!!!! - Ethereal is a $5 upgrade from Sky Master ULTIMATE.

Offers for the duration of the sale !!!

Upgrade from
    Sky Master ULTIMATE to InfiniGRASS for only $15, to InfiniTREE for only $9 and to Advanced FX Creator for only $9 !!!!!

GI Proxy is included in Sky Master ULTIMATE.

unityunity