Search Unity

[-70% OFF FLASH SALE!✅] Ethereal URP - Volume Lighting, Atmosphere and Fog system for the URP

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Jan 1, 2021.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE - Ethereal URP Volumetric Lighting module, point light shadowed volumes in URP11 and above. The system fully supports the point light shadows in the new URP and has been tested in URP12 as well.

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  2. nasos_333

nasos_333

3. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  4. nasos_333

nasos_333

Ethereal and screen space sun shafts running on mobile (photos taken from Samsung S8). The effect is mainly targeted for desktop, but might be used in latest mobile with one volumetric light, e.g. a point light with shadows and less ray casting steps. Note that the performance of such has not been tested on latest mobile, so generally the effect is targeted for desktop.

5. nasos_333

nasos_333

Random noise sampling method, best for performance, requires r image effects or Temporal AA to look best.

New v1.1.7 system with zero noise sampling, no requirement for image effects or Temporal AA.

Sky Master ULTIMATE URP - Ethereal Volumetric Lighting system.

-------------- NEW version UPDATE !!! ----------------

New option for zero noise in point and spot lights !!!!

The new v1.1.7 is now available at Unity Asset Store.

The new version has the option to have zero noise, with increased sampling steps number and lower sampling step length, plus complete control over the sampling (noise to no noise ratio and sampling step in both regions). The video showcases zero noise point and spot lights working together without any extra image effect used and also how the volumes look with minimal image effects turned on optionally.

Also in v1.1.7a there is added control for the directional light sampling step, for fine tuning the sun rays effect as well. And a new demo is included showcasing the new options. The v1.1.7a patch is available to all users on PM request and will be included in next version update of the asset.

Last edited: May 28, 2021
  6. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE URP - Ethereal Volumetric Lighting system, v1.1.7a has been released at the Unity Asset Store.

Ethereal v1.1.7a
    - Added new demo scenes with distant sun and sky fog coverage manipulation showcase
    - Added option to control local and directional light sampling steps in the noise and no noise option cases

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  7. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE HDRP - Ethereal volumetric lighting module - New space demo WIP.

JUNE 2021 UPGRADE OFFERS !!!
    Sky Master ULTIMATE users can upgrade to the following ARTnGAME assets for only $3-15 for limited time !!
    Upgrade:
    Sky Master ULTIMATE to InfiniGRASS - $15.00
    Sky Master ULTIMATE to Ethereal- $5.00
    Sky Master ULTIMATE to InfiniTREE - Procedural Forest Creation & Optimization - $9.00
    Sky Master ULTIMATE to Advanced FX Creator - Decals, Particles, Radiosity & Splines - $9.00
    Sky Master ULTIMATE to Particle Dynamic Magic 2: Decal, Spline, AI Particles & dynamics - $9.00
    Sky Master ULTIMATE to Sun Shafts SRP Beta - $3.00
    Sky Master ULTIMATE to Volumetric Fog SRP Beta - $3.00
    Sky Master ULTIMATE to InfiniCLOUD HDRP - URP, Volumetric clouds & particles - $5.00
    InfiniGRASS users can also upgrade to Sky Master ULTIMATE for only $29.

Sky Master ULTIMATE URP - Ethereal Volumetric Lighting system is on -50% Discount in Unity New Assets Sale !!!!

During the sale can also upgrade from Ethereal to the full Sky Master ULTIMATE Suit for only $15 !!!!!

Enjoy :)

8. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE URP - Ethereal Volumetric Lighting system v1.1.8 has been released to the Unity asset store !!!

Ethereal v1.1.8
    - Fixed issue where local lights that got disabled or out of camera view would cause another local light at random to increase in intensity.
    - Added planet with asteroid belt demo
    - Added moving lights demo
    - Added moon light demo

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  9. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Sky Master ULTIMATE URP - Ethereal Volumetric Lighting system v1.1.8c has been released to the Unity asset store !!!

Ethereal v1.1.8c
    - Solved issue where fog height level was changing on camera vertical movement
    - Solved issue where black dots might appear on volumes of strong intensity lights
    - Fixed issue where screen might go black if camera Z position was zero
    - Identified an issue where the screen may go black in certain camera angles if the fog height variable is lower than 5m (make sure to put fog height above that value if see the issue, will be fully addressed in next patch v1.1.8d)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
  10. nasos_333

nasos_333

First early work on VR version for Ethereal, this is WIP and still early, also has been tested - developed in Mock HMD in Multi Pass, so will need to pass a testing phase through actual devices to be 100% guaranteed that the effect runs properly in real VR hardware, I will post more as the work and testing on this VR version progresses.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
    itsLevi0sa likes this.
  11. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE

A number of new Tutorials have been created to help further with the setup and use of the system, this will be augmented with more detailed tutorials soon as well.

A Tutorials playlist is now available that covers the main tutorials and multiple videos showcasing tweaking possibilities and various features. The playlist will also be added to the Videos section in Ethereal asset store page, in 2ond video.

JUNE 2021 UPGRADE OFFERS !!!
    Sky Master ULTIMATE users can upgrade to the following ARTnGAME assets for only $3-15 for limited time: InfiniGRASS ($15) - Ethereal ($5) - InfiniTREE ($9) - Advanced FX Creator ($9) - Particle Dynamic Magic ($9) Sun Shafts SRP Beta ($3) - Volumetric Fog SRP Beta ($3) - InfiniCLOUD ($5). InfiniGRASS users can also upgrade to Sky Master ULTIMATE for only $29.

Sky Master ULTIMATE URP - Ethereal Volumetric Lighting system is on -50% Off in Unity New Assets Sale !!!! During the sale can also upgrade from Ethereal to the full Sky Master ULTIMATE Suit for only $15 !!!!!

ARTnGame - Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - Discord - Youtube - Reddit

12. nasos_333

nasos_333

First offer sent !

Limited ARTnGAME Sale Ended !!!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  13. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Sky Master ULTIMATE URP - Ethereal Volumetric Lighting system v1.1.8d has been released to the Unity asset store !!!

Ethereal v1.1.8d - Major Upgrade - Read Manual last paragraphs for adapting in the case of spot lights
    - Restructured the project folders so can get a minimal (20MB) version with erasing the "Ethereal Volumetric Lighting", "Common Tools" and "ARTnGAME GI PROXY" folders.
    - Addressed issue where inserting the connect fog script directly (than copy from a demo scene camera) would not give good first results. The zero noise option is now the default for local lights.
    - Added Tutorial videos
    - Added link in Ethereal Manual for the Tutorials videos play list
    - Added Tutorial related demo scenes
    - Added first Virtual Reality (VR) Beta patch in "ARTnGAME-VolumeFogSRP-Scripts-URP-Resources" folder, for using the system with Multi pass, the testing was done on MockHMD inside Unity 2021 with URP12 and is emulation, so cannot yet say for sure if this WIP Beta VR patch will play in an actual device.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  14. nasos_333

nasos_333

Ethereal Tutorial video 2, covering spot lights and impostor volumetrics.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  15. nasos_333

nasos_333

Ethereal Tutorial video 3, covering impostor volume light volumetrics (second part).

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  16. Disastorm

Disastorm

• Currently the system supports one directional and 3 local lights
    What exactly does this mean? For example does that mean it just doesnt work after that, it performs poorly after that, or it automatically uses the imposters for other lights and then dynamically switches them between real and imposter based on the distance to the camera?

17. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

Currently the latest version supports 6 local lights, though soon will have a loop system to support any number.

Note that practically you will want around 6 volumes plus directional, as can get expensive with much more.

The system currently cannot differentiate lights, only with a tricky system based on light color have a way to do that, but is not very flexible, i am also working on this aspect for next versions.

Also working on a light streamer, that will enable true volumes in near lights and impostors in further away ones, this should come sooner.

If more than 6 lights are used, will get volumes in the first 6, the problem is that this is randomly assigned, so if lights change or are disabled in next enabled light the volumes may be assigned to other lights, that is why i dont recommend use more at this point.

I attach the manual showcasing some of the points mentioned above

Attached Files:

18. Disastorm

Disastorm

I see, it sounds like that light streamer thing will then open up to alot of use cases. Right now with limited lights, I imagine the use cases are limited to something like outdoor environments where the light source will mostly just be the sun, or small urban/indoor environments with limited light sources.

What exactly are the imposters? Are they like a fake mesh volume light, or like some kind of baked lighting ?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  19. nasos_333

nasos_333

To clarify, the system supports 6 local plus one directional, so can be used with combo of both. Also is very trivial to extend the system to any number of lights, i may add a tutorial on this, as is just a copy of a certain code block in the shader.

The impostors are a fake volume to be used in the distance, and does not require an active unity light, only a disabled one, those lights dont cast shadow volumes.

20. Disastorm

Disastorm

Right but if I understand, if you do that the performance will be heavily impacted with many lights, so the optimal thing will be to have that distance-based dynamic imposter that becomes a real light when you get closer right?

21. nasos_333

nasos_333

Yes, that would be the optimal, that is why i am working on the streamer as a priority and not to extend the max lights counts, which is trivial but could create other issues.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  22. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  23. nasos_333

nasos_333

Ethereal Tutorial video 4, Project folder Structure, Minimal files needed and Cleanup for reduced disk space usage.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  24. suckerPunchen77

suckerPunchen77

I think this patch will solve one of the issues i had with the system, can i have access to it sooner than it appear on store, i see is 1.1.8d currently

25. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, sure, send me the invoice in a PM here or in email (artengames@gmail.com) and will send the latest version asap.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  26. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE URP - Ethereal Volumetric Lighting system v1.1.8e has been released at the Unity Asset Store !!!

Ethereal v1.1.8e

- Added fix for an issue when the dual cameras rendering mode is used where the sun would not update correctly in one of the cameras.
    - Added more forest demos with different settings and local lights showcase
    - Fixed an issue where the fog distance from the camera would not follow the camera in horizontal space, making fog density calculated based on distance from world space zero point.
    - Addressed an issue where the volume sampling steps are variable depending on the scene depth, which may cause issue as a light volume intersects various scene depths and the sky and the volume may appear uneven. The "Step Control" X variable in the connectVolumeFogSRP script can now be used to control this effect, zero will disable the new system, values like 0.01 or 0.1 will enable an even volume sampling step independent of the scene depth, resulting in the volume of light appear even between the various ground distances and sky.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  27. littlePonyLane

littlePonyLane

Hi, i had this issue and reverted to 2019 because of this and some other assets issues, can i have the patch ?

Thanks

28. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sure, let me know the invoice in a PM and will send asap.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  29. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE URP - Ethereal volumetric lighting.

WIP on the new 4 cameras mode and demo. The new system will allow up to 8 cameras, given each extra camera require a separate Forward Renderer declared in the pipeline.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  30. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  31. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE URP - Ethereal used with Sky Master ULTIMATE URP Water module.

Sky Master ULTIMATE URP - Ethereal Volumetric Lighting system v1.1.8f has been released at the Unity Asset Store !!!.

Ethereal v1.1.8f

- Added option to render the volume effect from up to eight different cameras.
    - Added demo with 4 cameras
    - Added new space oriented demo with adjustments for big scale
    - Added sand storm demo.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  32. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  33. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE URP - Ethereal volumetric lighting and fog.

Particles related setup of the Volumetric Lighting and Fog system, also applies to general use of transparency with image effects in URP.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    itsLevi0sa likes this.
  34. julesd

julesd

If I purchase Ethreal, then SkyMaster Ultimate for $15, do I get URP and HDRP versions as well?

35. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

Yes, both HDRP and URP Beta versions are available in Google Drive download, just send me a PM with the invoice.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
  36. sirMagicyan

sirMagicyan

Hi

I just started use Ethereal with the InfiniGRASS asset, i have an issue where the sun if behind the grass looks overly bright, is there some option to changed that ?

37. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

Try to reduce the blackface lighting in the material, this gives the grass translucency and is stronger as the sun gets stronger and might affect the image effect.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  38. haleler51

haleler51

I'm interested in buying this asset, but I was curious if this volumetric effect would work on a scene that's made of object materials using Toony Colors Pro 2 shaders?

39. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

It should work with any shaders i suppose. Are they transparent ones ?

40. haleler51

haleler51

In my scene here are lots of alpha clipped textures of tree leaf/bush/grass objects that use Toony Colors Pro 2. Is that considered transparent? It's just a simple alpha clip for plants; 100% opaque or 100% alpha clipped, no fading between.

41. nasos_333

nasos_333

The system can work with general transparency, but need one variable change in the forward renderer in the URP pipeline. I did an example with particles in the video above, for reference.

So if it works directly no need to change anything, if not can do the change in the video and should work.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  42. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  43. nasos_333

nasos_333

Free vouchers !!!!
    (Upgradable to other ARTnGAME assets !!!! - Make sure to check for discounts after use the vouchers):

ASV-H3VD-3MX7-DFXE-EKAD-MWM4
    Toon Effects Maker
    ASV-7DQ4-AT4L-W4UH-4999-XGCG
    Global Illumination Proxy
    ASV-TEM3-HTD6-LYJR-D9MP-XPWJ
    Mystery Rings Icons Pack

44. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE URP - Ethereal volumetric lighting. WIP on new Open Space demo. The impostor volume lights is also used in the video for extra volumes without actual lights used in the scene.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  45. nasos_333

nasos_333

July 24 offers - Free vouchers !!!!
    (Upgradable to other ARTnGAME assets !!!! - Make sure to check for discounts after use the vouchers):

ASV-CKE7-EPVN-ADQD-DEKU-3KMQ
    Toon Effects Maker
    ASV-9TYP-G9XF-XUMW-RWGR-NHDA
    Global Illumination Proxy
    ASV-9TMF-P7AF-L3YM-QGD6-WMTN
    Mystery Rings Icons Pack

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  46. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE URP - Ethereal Volumetric Lighting system.
    UPDATE for Unity 2020 - 2021:

I have recently noticed that in Unity 2020 and above there is a bug where some of the variables access due to their protection level is reported as erroneous, while in Unity 2019 and below works fine, this affects the extra image effects Motion Blur and Temporal AA.

I have now created a patch for this issue and will also be included in the next store upgrade, i can send the patch to anyone interested in a PM asap as well, if come across this issue in Unity 2020-21.

47. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE URP - Ethereal Volumetric Lighting system, v1.1.8g has been released at the Unity Asset Store.

Ethereal v1.1.8g

- Added new version of the Dual Cameras demo with utilizing the new local lights rendering methods, for reference of the new distance based ray tracing method
    - Added patch for the case an error appears about variable protection level in some of the temporal AA scripts, in Unity 2020 and above, the patch is inside the "ARTnGAME-VolumeFogSRP-Pathces" folder
    - Refined some of the demo scenes for better visuals

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  48. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sun Shafts

Multi camera use

Multi scene loading

Per Area Transitions of volume lighting and fog settings

Volumetric light shadow masking

No noise option for local lights

Fog Noise - Dust with wind emulation

Near thick Fog

Impostor volumes and use in outer Space

Sky Master ULTIMATE URP - Ethereal Volumetric Lighting system - Reference on the scenes corresponding to some of the demos that showcase major functionality, as described above each image.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  49. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE URP - Ethereal volumetric lighting.

WIP on demo with limiting fog to near zero and keep only the volumetric lighting, this is the sun tweaking and next step is to add local lights to the demo. The final scene will be included in the next Sky Master ULTIMATE URP & Ethereal updates.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ethereal and InfiniGRASS are now on -50% Discount in the 6th Week of the Unity SALE !!!!!
    SkyMaster ULTIMATE is a $15 upgrade from Ethereal or InfiniGRASS for a limited time.

SkyMaster ULTIMATE upgrades to InfiniTREE ($9) - Advanced FX Creator ($9) - Particle Dynamic Magic ($9) Sun Shafts SRP Beta ($5) - Volumetric Fog SRP Beta ($5)

Asset Store links

ARTnGame - Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - Discord - Youtube - Reddit
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

50. NeloElber55

NeloElber55

Great video, thanks, helps a lot. Also when is the demo expected to be available ?