Search Unity

[RELEASED] UniStorm 5.2 - AAA Volumetric Clouds, URP Support, Weather, Sky, Atmospheric Fog, & More!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jan 27, 2012.

1. tredpro

tredpro

:( Any chance I can share my invoice by email and try it before? I'm waiting on this for my demo because the current version I seem to have some trouble using with world streamer. I've been checking this multiple times a day.

2. BHS

BHS

Email me your invoice number and I'll see what I can do :)

tredpro likes this.
  3. tredpro

tredpro

I did :)

4. Censureret

Censureret

Hey Guys do you know if i can use Thor (lighting asset) for the lighting?

5. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

Thor integration is planned, however, I’m not sure it will make it in time for UniStorm 3.0’s release. I will try to make it happen though.

6. hsxtreme

hsxtreme

Will you bring Volumetric Light?
    Will it have improvement in water particles and the like?

Thank you

7. BHS

BHS

I plan on adding volumetric light/fog with a feature update.

What specifically do you mean by water particles? If you mean weather particles effects, then yes they have been improved. UniStorm 3.0 also supports an endless amount of weather types so you can even use particle effects from the Asset Store by simply creating a new weather type and assigning the particle effect.

hsxtreme likes this.
  8. EveryDay315

EveryDay315

My Fog Effect,Showed in Editing interface, After pack it in windows environment(32bit),the fog effect hided .what should I do?

unity 5.65
    unistrom 2.41

9. BHS

BHS

10. EveryDay315

EveryDay315

11. BHS

BHS

You're welcome, the fog should be there if you have the post processing component attacked to it. See this guide to see how it's done: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/PostProcessing-Fog.html

12. Aress28

Aress28

hi i just imported it on Unity 2018 and i get errors all about AudioClip:
    Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/Editor/UniStormEditor_C.cs(2215,36): error CS0143: The class `UnityEngine.AudioClip' has no constructors defined
    any way to fix it?there 1 line :
    self.ambientSoundsDay.Add (new AudioClip() ); //Add a new Audio Clip

13. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

Yes, replace all instances of new AudioClip() with null and it should resolve the error.

JasonCG likes this.
  14. Aress28

Aress28

thanks for reply.
    there also isue with clouds..i have like just white skybox..so no sky.
    there Screenhoot from Demo scene

Attached Files:

• sky.png
      sky.png
      File size:
      553.3 KB
      Views:
  15. JasonCG

JasonCG

I just upgraded to 2018.1 and also see the cloud issue. The solution here seems to have fixed it for me, or at least fix the shader compile errors I was getting.

In UniStorm (Desktop)\Scripts (Desktop)\Shaders\Current\UniStorm Dynamic Light Clouds (No Fog) (High Low and Med) change:
    #pragma target 3.0
    to
    #pragma target 4.0
    or
    #pragma target 5.0

combatsheep likes this.
  16. EveryDay315

EveryDay315

Thanks Again,it Works.
    Your answer and warm heart ,help me a lot!

17. Aress28

Aress28

i changed it but still no clouds and sky

18. SSL7

SSL7

any ETA of the new unistorm? its delayed for some months already and unity 2018 needs the update badly now :)

19. BHS

BHS

I'm hoping for 2-4 weeks from now. I can try to submit a quick fix for UniStorm and Unity 2018 for the time being though.

20. gdp2

gdp2

@BHS My team would very much appreciate this as well. We rely on UniStorm and fixing the script errors manually has been a little tedious for me. Also, we have issues where the sky is completely white and the clouds do not show at all. It seems to be a problem with the meshes, but we can't tell for sure.

We would gladly update to UniStorm 3.0 right away, but sadly it's not out yet. So we would very much appreciate some fixes in the meantime.

EDIT:

I managed to fix the cloud issue by changing #pragma target to 4.0 instead of 3.0. This is the opposite of the advice given on the Wiki, so you may want to update that section.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  21. franky_li

franky_li

Will UniStorm 3.0 finally have an output setting for the sound manager so we can route it to the mixer? I still miss that.

22. SSL7

SSL7

Yes please do that 2018 update :)

23. RKeown3D

RKeown3D

Will v3.0 introduce Cloud Shadows as well?

24. BHS

BHS

I have submitted an update fixing the issues with UniStorm and Unity 2018. Thanks for the information regarding the cloud shader and yes, that Wiki site is outdated. UniStorm 3.0 will be using Google Docs similar to what's done with Emerald AI here.

All sounds should be adjustable, however, it also depends on the volume of each Weather Type as they are individually customizable. I plan on having global controls for users to adjust UniStorm's volume programmatically, if that's along the lines of what you're referring to.

An update has already been submitted to add Unity 2018 support. :)

I plan on adding cloud shadows in an update after UniStorm 3.0's release.

gdp2 and Rotary-Heart like this.
  25. gdp2

gdp2

Thanks so much!

26. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone!

UniStorm 2.4.1.3 has been accepted and is now live. This update addresses the issue related to Unity 2018.1.

27. RoyS

RoyS

Wow, can hardly wait for the new release!
    CTS integration!
    Volumetric fog!
    And all the features you mentioned. Awesome! I love Black Horizon Studios stuff - have Emerald AI, too!

Any chance of seeing tornados in the future?

I hope you still keep the "survival" (having to take shelter in bad weather) and rain not happening under balconies and covered tents, etc if the player is under a shelter. And the plant growth.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  28. RKeown3D

RKeown3D

Thanks for the update. Do you know if anyone was ever able to get a cloud shadows setup for the current builds of UniStorm?

29. Aress28

Aress28

SOS i see Sun Shaft even when Rocks is in between me and sun :/ any tip to fix it?

Attached Files:

30. swogdog

swogdog

I'm not sure if this is changing in 3.0 or not, but I'd like to request being able to change the sunlight's shadow strength when it's cloudy. Currently I can only change the sunlight intensity, but not it's shadow strength.

Loving the asset so far!

31. BHS

BHS

Great to hear, thanks!

I plan on adding a "severe" weather list which would usable with the scriptable object weather types. The severe weather types would work similar to precipitation weather types, however, they would allow for more intense and additional features, such as tornadoes.

Rain and snow collisions will still be available in UniStorm 3.0 as they just use the Shuriken particle system's particle collisions. The particle effects have also been greatly improved. The survival aspect can still be achieved similar to how it was done before.

You're welcome and I'm not sure. It would most likely need to be handled with a custom shader.

If I remember correctly, the Sun Shafts shader did some weird things with the newer versions of Unity. With UniStorm 3.0, the Sun Shafts shader has been removed and now uses Unity new Post-Processing Stack asset for its image effects. However, they are not required or dependent on them like they previously were.

As for a solution, I'm not sure. Are you rocks using the Unity Standard shader?

It's great to hear you're loving UniStorm!

With UniStorm 3.0, the sun intensity will be controllable for each weather type. This allows the sun to be brighter during clear weather, but darker on mostly cloudy or cloudy days, if desired. The shadow intensity is also decreased when the sun intensity is decreased, however, I can certainly look into this to see what can be done.

RoyS likes this.
  32. Aress28

Aress28

Rocks are ussing MK4/Rocks Shader.They are from Rocks and Bounders 3 Pack.

33. RendCycle

RendCycle

Can the Dynamic Plant Growth System be used also for any type of objects (instead of just plants) in the scene even animated moving ones that players will also be able to interact with? Also, can Unistorm be used for an isometric, top-down, or 2.5 perspective type of games?

I'm deciding whether to wait for UniStorm 3.0 or just get Environ which seems to meet my requirements already. But it can't work on orthographic although I don't really need that for now.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  34. gearedgeek

gearedgeek

Has anyone ran into issues with the underwater effects with AQUAS? The fog effect isn't working correctly.

https://gph.is/2kbm8YC

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  35. Avedis

Avedis

Looking forward to the 3.0 release! Unistorm is still my favorite weather system :) The clouds look very nice!

36. BHS

BHS

Strange, it may have something to do with MK4's custom shader and the Sun Shafts. I would have to look into it to see what's going on.

Yes, it simply scales the object for each increment of time and conditions such as rain and sun amount. UniStorm 3.0 is shaping up nicely and I will be posting more information about it soon. I also plan on providing early access for current UniStorm customers.

This is because AQUAS controls Unity's fog which overwrites UniStorm's. UniStorm 3.0 works better AQUAS and I am working on getting it officially supported with AQUAS, which would allow AQUAS to use UniStorm's current fog value instead of AQUAS's default fog value.

RoyS and Rotary-Heart like this.
  37. Rotary-Heart

Rotary-Heart

Awesome! how can we sign up for the early access?

38. BHS

BHS

You can email your UniStorm invoice number to support@blackhorizonstudios.com Once the early access version is ready, you will be emailed an invite through Google Drive with instructions on how to download it.

AndyNeoman likes this.
  39. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone,

Here's a new video demonstrating UniStorm 3.0's improved storms, weather transitions, and particle effects. Each weather type can be customized with many different settings, 2 particle effects, sounds, and more. This video shows the transitions from the Partly Cloudy to the Heavy Rain weather types. There's no limit to the amount of weather types that can be used which allow users to have as many weather types as needed.

The option has also been added to allow each weather type to control the sun and moon's intensity. This allows users to have the cloud level affect the sun and moon intensities, if desired. For example, the Heavy Rain weather type's sun and moon intensity is lower than the Light Rain weather type's.

The UI shown in the video will dynamically adjust and display all weather types which allow users to change the weather as needed. The UI system can be enabled or disabled through the UniStorm editor, when needed.

AndyNeoman, hsxtreme, RoyS and 3 others like this.
  40. gearedgeek

gearedgeek

Is there a temp fix until the release of UniStorm 3.0 comes out?

41. SSL7

SSL7

We have spoken about this in the past, please keep in mind the people using unistorm with instantiated characters, and have an easy get_unistorm like plugin for unistorm 3, so it can easily import the objects needed to the player

42. BHS

BHS

No, this is because UniStorm controls Unity's fog, like AQUAS does, so they both fight to control the fog amount. I have already spoke with the developer of AQUAS and integrated support for UniStorm 3.0 is officially planned. Until then, the only thing I could recommend is commenting out the line: RenderSettings.fogDensity = defaultFogDensity; However, I can't say for sure that it will work.

With UniStorm 3.0, there is an option to get an instantiated player by tag. There is also an option that will delay UniStorm's initialization until the player has been created and found making it universal for all instantiated players.

TeagansDad likes this.
  43. RealSoftGames

RealSoftGames

any news on 3.0?

44. BHS

BHS

Yes, UniStorm 3.0 will be going through a beta before it is released. I'm hoping to have UniStorm 3.0 released by the end of June. Users who want to be apart of the UniStorm 3.0 beta can contact me at: support@blackhorizonstudios.com with their UniStorm voucher.

45. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone,

UniStorm 3.0 is coming along nicely. I have been able to add integrated AQUAS support, which is something I wanted implemented before 3.0 is released. UniStorm will automatically detect the AQUAS asset and apply settings as needed. This allows UniStorm to seamlessly transition weather types while AQUAS is also controlling Unity's fog. UniStorm's clouds, sun, and stars can also be viewed from underwater. UniStorm will also work with AQUAS regardless of the time of day.

I'm working on getting the UniStorm 3.0 beta out as soon as possible.

46. Akshara

Akshara

@BHS Is the Plant Growth System still a part of Unistorm 3.0?

47. BHS

BHS

Yes, it is.

48. RendCycle

RendCycle

Is this fully compatible with Community Ocean Shader? I mean does fog over water work, any rain effects available on the water, etc.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  49. BHS

BHS

I will work on adding support for Community Ocean Shader. This will most likely be an external script that controls the wave intensity and wave speed based on stormy weather types.

UniStorm's particle effects, such as rain colliding with the water's collider, can work by customizing the Layer Collision Matrix so the rain collides with the water, but not the player.

This is what was done in this video with AQUAS.

RendCycle likes this.
  50. RendCycle

RendCycle

That looks cool! :) But I guess these updates for Community Ocean Shader won't make it this June 2018? I was aiming to include a Weather System in my list of assets to purchase for the Unity Asset Store promo for the month. I'm actually choosing between Enviro and UniStorm. The developer of Enviro said his system is compatible except for the fog which he will plan to fix a few days from now. Anyhow, sorry for trying to ask so many questions. But I just have to check which will be fully compatible with the water system I am using. Thanks for the reply!