Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[60% OFF] TerraWorld 2021 - Automatic Level Designer for Real-World Locations

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by TerraUnity, Nov 27, 2019.

1. NyeinZL

NyeinZL

Thank you for the quick assist!

TerraUnity likes this.
  2. keithsoulasa

keithsoulasa

So to be clear, the edit placement button here doesn't work ?

Attached Files:

3. bmmshayan

bmmshayan

Hello!
    I have an existing territory. How can I update splatmap on my existing territory using TerraWorld?

How can I improve an existing territory? When using TerraWorld, the existing territory is removed and replaced with a new one.

4. keithsoulasa

keithsoulasa

So I'm not able to build right now (IOS, PC builds work )
    Specifically, I code on a windows PC , but I use Unity cloud build to make IOS builds. Can this work properly ? I have a make as well, would I be able to keep the same project in sync on multiple machines ( I use Unity collab for this)

Any idea what this is

Code (JavaScript):
    2. ERRORS:
    3. [Unity] -----CompilerOutput:-stdout--exitcode: 1--compilationhadfailure: True--outfile: Temp/UnityEngine.UI.dll
    4. [Unity] error CS1703: Multiple assemblies with equivalent identity have been imported: '/opt/workspace/workspace/keithsoulasa.5thrace.default-ios/Assets/TerraWorld/Plugins/System.Drawing.dll' and '/opt/Unity/macos/published/Unity-2019_4_4f1/Unity.app/Contents/NetStandard/compat/2.0.0/shims/netfx/System.Drawing.dll'. Remove one of the duplicate references.
    5. [Unity] error CS1703: Multiple assemblies with equivalent identity have been imported: '/opt/workspace/workspace/keithsoulasa.5thrace.default-ios/Assets/TerraWorld/Plugins/System.Drawing.dll' and '/opt/Unity/macos/published/Unity-2019_4_4f1/Unity.app/Contents/NetStandard/compat/2.0.0/shims/netfx/System.Drawing.dll'. Remove one of the duplicate references.
    6. Failed to start server: Error: listen EADDRINUSE: address already in use [URL='http://127.0.0.1:10010/']127.0.0.1:10010[/URL]
    7. [Unity] -----CompilerOutput:-stdout--exitcode: 1--compilationhadfailure: True--outfile: Temp/UnityEngine.UI.dll
    8. [Unity] error CS1703: Multiple assemblies with equivalent identity have been imported: '/opt/workspace/workspace/keithsoulasa.5thrace.default-ios/Assets/TerraWorld/Plugins/System.Drawing.dll' and '/opt/Unity/macos/published/Unity-2019_4_4f1/Unity.app/Contents/NetStandard/compat/2.0.0/shims/netfx/System.Drawing.dll'. Remove one of the duplicate references.
    9. [Unity] error CS1703: Multiple assemblies with equivalent identity have been imported: '/opt/workspace/workspace/keithsoulasa.5thrace.default-ios/Assets/TerraWorld/Plugins/System.Drawing.dll' and '/opt/Unity/macos/published/Unity-2019_4_4f1/Unity.app/Contents/NetStandard/compat/2.0.0/shims/netfx/System.Drawing.dll'. Remove one of the duplicate references.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  5. keithsoulasa

keithsoulasa

It's also failing with Android on Unity cloud build.

Unity] -----CompilerOutput:-stdout--exitcode: 1--compilationhadfailure: True--outfile: Temp/UnityEngine.UI.dll
    [Unity] error CS1703: Multiple assemblies with equivalent identity have been imported: '/opt/workspace/workspace/keithsoulasa.5thrace.default-android/Assets/TerraWorld/Plugins/System.Drawing.dll' and '/opt/Unity/macos/published/Unity-2019_4_4f1/Unity.app/Contents/NetStandard/compat/2.0.0/shims/netfx/System.Drawing.dll'. Remove one of the duplicate references.
    [Unity] error CS1703: Multiple assemblies with equivalent identity have been imported: '/opt/workspace/workspace/keithsoulasa.5thrace.default-android/Assets/TerraWorld/Plugins/System.Drawing.dll' and '/opt/Unity/macos/published/Unity-2019_4_4f1/Unity.app/Contents/NetStandard/compat/2.0.0/shims/netfx/System.Drawing.dll'. Remove one of the duplicate references.

6. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

Yes it works, what I meant by not working was regarding the unity gameobject layers in scene which editing them is not implemented yet, so any TW layer as the screenshot you shared with these settings in the inspector should work fine and you can go ahead press "EDIT PLACEMENT" button to paint/erase instances using a scene brush or alter other settings as they will be updated live in the scene.

This video tutorial shows you how you can quickly edit generated layers by TW in scene hierarchy without needing to re-generate worlds every time you need changes in layers (e.g. changing density, size, prefab, mask...):

Quast and eaque like this.
  7. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

Guess we already replied this question on Discord but here you go again:

By territory I guess you mainly mean the terrain itself, right? So updating existing terrains made by yourself is on the roadmap but currently the splatmaps and world generation is only through obtained terrain data from the graph's Source heightmap node. However, it's a high priority and we'll soon get our hands on it.

8. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

@keithsoulasa Never used Unity Cloud Build or Collab and these options are not available on our side, did you make any progress on this? However, these errors are generic Unity related issues rather than being specific to TerraWorld! But would listen to your findings regarding this as I think the best bet is to search and ask online for such issues in Unity.

9. eaque

eaque

Hi,
    I was so pleased by the license your offered me, i couldn't resist to get it! ..
    ... BUT it was by the "megabundlepack sale":oops: sorry but the offer was too great!!

Your new vegetation system looks great!!

The pack is huged! i only tried once or twice to generate a land. I was surprised the generating time increased compared with the previous version. I ran thru some memory issues with the forest (realistic) node and the size was maybe too big i couldn't start the scene it crashed...

-Can you tell me if there is still the option beetwin high details node and low details before spawning? I didn't see it, i guess...

-Does TW support multi terrain tiles? I'm not a pro but i'm thinking of the terrain res for detail painting (like roads) if the terrain is too big it will be difficult to precisely reshape it or simply paint it....
    if not it's not a big deal;)

Still have the same emotion when the scene appears, the details you put are fantastic, those huge parts of rocks here and there are simply AMAZING. it's a great design technique !

Very happy owner!
    thanks

TerraUnity likes this.
  10. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

@keithsoulasa Seems like the cloud computers for building were using the latest Unity 2020.x version! The following steps may remove those errors on build:
    1. Find System.Drawing.dll in project and delete it
    2. Find 2 files of csc.rsp & mcs.rsp at the root of the project's Assets folder, double click or open them up in a text editor (e.g. Visual Studio) and add: -r:System.Drawing.dll at the end of the line in both files and save them.
    Please get back to us with the results.

11. lolclol

lolclol

do you have a exe demo ?

12. ksx_kshan

ksx_kshan

I had this problem when I tried running TerraWorld in unity 2020 and I can confirm that making these changes resolved the build issues.

TerraUnity likes this.
  13. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

Hi, Happy you like the latest features. The reason for world generation taking too long or out of memory limitations, it really depends on the area size you define and the resolution of heightmap/imagery and especially Landcover which involves in most of the nodes in the BIOMES tab where some areas on Earth have lots of landcover data while some other places lack a lot of details which the more these data get, the more processing time it gets for TW to generate data and apply in world. So you could have an 8x8km2 area taking 2 minutes while another region on Earth with the same size may take 10 minutes.

However the 2 node types of "Water Generator" & "Mesh Generator" in BIOMES tab are so resource hungry and we are planning to make them faster and lighter in future.

The details of world elements in scene is dependent to many parameters in the graph nodes but the obvious ones are Area Size, Heightmap Resolution, Scatter node Densities, Scatter node Rendering Distance, enabled effects and post processing items in VFX tab and...

So go ahead and start with smaller graphs (e.g. the ones in the LowPoly style category in the AREA tab), discover node settings and play with them to see their effects on scene quality and details and its balance with in-game performance.

Still not but planned, see here for the public roadmap: https://terraunity.com/milestone/
    And your assumptions regarding more precision and details are all correct.

Thank you so much for the kind words and the energy you give us, much appreciated. More exciting features are on the way and we are also happy to have you in our list of users. Best of luck.

14. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

Not yet but will release some of the scenes as exe builds in the coming week. In the meantime you can watch our showcase and tutorial videos to get started here: https://www.youtube.com/user/TerraUnity/

15. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

Thanks for the confirmation, a new update in under approval to automate the steps I referred earlier for this. Would love to see your progress and implementations of TW in your scenes.

16. keithsoulasa

keithsoulasa

Wait ?

2020 is supported ?

I couldn't get it to work in 2020 ...

17. connectwithub

connectwithub

Facing the same issue on Linux. Can you tell how is it resolved

18. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

Yes, it is supported now, get the latest version 2.12 with the compatibility.

19. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

Please make sure to download and test the latest version 2.12 which addresses Mac/Linux installation issues.

20. keithsoulasa

keithsoulasa

Can I add it to an existing project now ?

I know the original instructions said you needed to start with a fresh project .

21. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

@keithsoulasa We have rolled out a new patch system in TerraWorld which is independent from store releases and can be imported on top of current projects running TerraWorld in them.

Head over to this link to grab the latest package: https://terraunity.com/latest-updates/

It has been verified on Ver. 2.12 which means you already need to have Ver. 2.12 installed in project to import this patch. Also join our Discord server to get the latest info, news and announcements: https://discord.gg/G9XVRhp

22. connectwithub

connectwithub

I am using 2.12 but the issue is still there.

23. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

@connectwithub We are investigating the case on Linux as we discussed on Discord, please let us know about your progress through latest patches you received, thanks.

24. keithsoulasa

keithsoulasa

Any word on URP Support ?

25. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

Prerequisites for SRP support is being handled currently and we expect its release in the next 2, 3 versions. Stay in touch on our Discord server to get the latest notifications: https://discord.gg/QgPpNpE

keithsoulasa likes this.
  26. Barritico

Barritico

Hi.

Problem with last version. Unity 2019.4.4f1

Thanks

PROBLEMA TERRAWORLD.png

27. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

@Barritico Hi, Would you please elaborate on the issue? Can't guess anything from the picture! You can also share your graph from the AREA tab's GRAPHS section.

28. Barritico

Barritico

Yes of course. Sorry
    I have installed the asset, I have opened the demo scene and this has appeared. No more. In an empty project.
    I have uninstalled, fully rebooted, installed, fully rebooted and it has come back like this.
    That aspect also has the clouds.

After several tests:

It only occurs in the DESERT template. As soon as I confirm and start "fleching raw data from server ...", the greenish colors and that strange configuration appear. With the rest, it does well.
    New installation.
    Enter coordinates.
    DESERT template selection
    And it comes out like this.
    Squad selection TUNDRA, FOREST or GRASSLAND
    And it goes well.

29. eaque

eaque

HI,

Is it possible to have the default spawning settings set to very low density?? to improve performance...i only get 30 fps
    grass is everywhere...it's nice but not frame rate friendly....:p

Then you could show precisely on a picture where to raise the settings, it would be a great way to start learning the graph.....

sorry to say that but i miss the old version a bit!:oops:
    It's like The tool is trying to make 100 % of the work , when i would like it the build a foundation world...

thanks in advance

30. mentalgear

mentalgear

Even though TerraWorld is really feature-packed, I would have just some follow up questions for my use case:

1. It looks like the rock cliffs & mountains to be blurry / missing some details. They look a bit like stretched paint. Is there a way to bring more details into them through the plugin? Or what other technique or other extensions could you recommend to get a more detailed look on the rock cliffs ?
    Does CTS work with TerraWorld?

2. I’m planning on doing a flying game with the plugin. Are there any special considerations I need to be aware of ?
    I’m especially considered about the terrain looking too repetitive (tiling), or cliffs too low-res / blurry.

3. It’s great that there’s a build in river & lakes system. However, it lacks a bit on generating a nice shore. Which method/plugin is recommended to have generated shorelines / waves. Is the river & lakes system compatible with popular river tools (RAM), or does one have to replace the river & lakes generated by Terraworld with the RAM rivers & lakes from scratch ?

4. Is Object Terrain Blending provided by the plugin ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  31. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

@Barritico One note here is to make sure that TerraWorld window is closed before loading the demo scene in order to avoid TW's overriding of the scene settings; this has been addressed and resolved in the coming version.

Regarding the immediate switch of the scene mood, effects, colors, textures, that's by design and all scene VFX and terrain textures will immediately switch upon selecting a template and will be finalized as soon as the world generator finished its job. So if you wait for the end of the world generation, all templates should look fine and proper.

32. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

@eaque Regarding default density settings for grass, it could be changed later in version updates. Take a look at this video tutorial which covers everything about grass layers and its rendering in TerraWorld:

There is already video tutorials for other types of vegetation layers and how to edit them.

eaque likes this.
  33. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

That's because we have not included triplanar rendering in our terrain shader "TerraFormer" which gives better tiling in steep angles. The picture shown here is the worst case scenario but you can still use ant 3rd party triplanar texture projection solutions and inject in TerraFormer if you know how to code shaders. The reason we have not included this feature is that it has an impact on performance and that's not what everyone wants as a general feature.

But we will add this option as a modular feature like others in future so you can switch between normal planar and triplanar texture projection. CTS definitely works with TW generated worlds because CTS is just a shader and can be replaced with TW's TerraFormer by simply selecting any shader for your terrain material.

TW supports high quality rendering of worlds both from high altitudes and ground level so you can fine-tune world settings to cover one of them based on target genre if needed. So if you are targeting flight sim style games, you don't need to have dense grass or vegetation on ground and if you target ground level and FPS style so you can decrease rendering distances and set higher densities for placement. Generally, this is game/level designer's job to sync world settings with the genre.

TerraFormer has a feature called Stochastic Texturing which removes repetitive tiling and low-res and blurry textures have nothing to do with TW but the textures you feed into terrain and the more high-res they are, the more details you see on terrain surface, so you can feed your own high-res textures instead of the stock ones coming with TW package. Take a look at this video tutorial to get started about TerraFormer in TW:

Lakes & Rivers in TW are based on landcover data for the selected region on Earth and are procedurally generated meshes with default water material as described here:

https://terraunity.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/TerraWorld-Quick-Guide.pdf#page=50

All other lake/river generator assets are the same and are contained of a generated mesh and a material on it plus the terrain deformation around the edges, so you can use any other 3rd party assets along with assets like RAM or combine them with some tweaks if the asset has this functionality to take control of a previously generated mesh. Also TW has massive improvements in the water area generation under development and will be available soon which better shorelines is part of it.

Do you mean this feature?:

In this case, not at this time but it may become available in future!

34. Barritico

Barritico

No. Only works proper on Unity 2020.
    The images that I have attached are after the processes have finished.
    But thanks anyway. I'll try to solve.

35. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

@Barritico That's weird, it should work in any Unity version exactly the same? Does it happen in Realistic/Desert template only? I can not get what's wrong from the pictures though!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  36. ZDM1998

ZDM1998

Encountering some errors after importing and auto-initialization:
    Assets\TerraWorld\Core\Common\Scripts\Editor\TTerraworldGenerator.cs(59,40): error CS0433: The type 'WaterBase' exists in both 'Assembly-CSharp-firstpass, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

Other classes including: "SpecularLighting", "PlanarReflection", "GerstnerDisplace", "'WaterTile" have the same error.
    I am currently using 2018.4.17 LTS and it is a stable version. I also double-checked all installation procedures and nothing seems to be wrong.

37. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

@ZDM1998 Are you sure you are using the latest version from the store?

Also you can upgrade to the latest nightly patches from here to get synced with our dev from here: https://terraunity.com/latest-updates/

The error, simply means there are 2 scripts with the same class names in project, in your case Unity water scripts. So removing either of the duplicates will remove the error.

38. RakkuAmiya

RakkuAmiya

Having a few problems with Terraworld this evening... just installed the latest version of Terraworld with Unity 2020.1.6f1. The install went fine, but it was timing out trying to sync templates. When I click to generate the world, it's timing out downloading imagery data and saying to check my internet connection. I was able to view and select my centre point from the interactive map window.

My internet connection is definitely working. Are there any settings to check this end?

I have used Terraworld previously, albeit a version from a few months back, and it did work ... apart from having to manually install it.

Many thanks;

Graeme

39. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

@RakkuAmiya Hi Graeme, You are correct, recently our servers got a bit slow due to a lot of users actively querying data from our serves. We are aware of the issue and in the development of a new webservice to avoid these problems in future. We will roll our a new version update in a few days with the fix.

In the meantime, if you already see Templates categories as shown in the following screenshot, then you are good to go and template directories are already synced, and if not, pressing the Sync button multiple times will eventually succeed to finish its job.

TemplatesSync.png

Please get back to me with the results. Also joining our Discord you will receive immediate feedback from our team and the community for your questions: https://discord.gg/QgPpNpE

40. Artini

Artini

river01.jpg The latest update brings fog, that cover almost all, so I just disable it, to see anything.
    I did not like downloading template from the servers, every time I create a new terrain.
    The rivers has hard corners and does not look so nice.
    Sorry, but it seems, like a back step in development.

41. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on recent TerraWorld updates. The fog you see here is based on Volumetric Atmospheric Fog in VFX tab which can be enabled/disabled/edited at anytime and was always there from the beginning and not related to the latest update!

That's not true. Seems like you did not monitor the behavior of template downloads carefully, they will be downloaded only once if you don't have the package in your TerraWorld's cache which is saved on your computer hard. Next time you press any of the templates, it just checks if it is already available in cache and then continue using that without downloading it.

There are only 2 cases that the template will be downloaded again.
    1. When the template is updated on our servers and TW detects it while syncing with server
    2. When you manually delete the package from your hard drive which can be accessed via SETTINGS tab's "CACHE" section when you press "SHOW PACKAGE CACHE FOLDER" button which takes you to the templates cache folder on your computer.

True, it was the same from the beginning and FYI, we have a dedicated branch of development to overhaul the whole water area (rivers, lakes, oceans) generation in TW.

Please note that, the main reason for this ugly corners is because the Area Size is huge and there are no enough terrain vertices to cover river corners and do the terrain deformation properly. Setting the world size smaller will avoid these issues and if you generate the scene with a smaller area size, you will see how well it started to blend with terrain surface. However, as mentioned earlier this will be improved a lot soon and simple mesh objects for rivers will be converted to smooth spline objects.

Also you can always further edit created procedural geometry as shown in this video:

As stated above, none of these are related to the latest version and was always there from the beginning. It's just we are dealing with a lot of complicated topics right now and we have different development stages to hopefully cover them all and improve automatic world generation with the least user input which is not easy at all.

42. Artini

Artini

Thanks a lot for the answers and the tips.
    I still think, it is one of the best purchases, I have made on Unity store.
    Thanks a lot for the video on editing - I was not aware of it

TerraUnity likes this.
  43. Artini

Artini

44. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

You are welcome, happy that you liked TerraWorld so far.

The current TerraCity package on store is only for testing purposes and is not useful for any production stages. City generation is planned but still needs some time to find its way to a release, stay in touch to get the latest info about it though.

45. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

Quickly Create Beautiful Low-Poly Scenes using TerraWorld

46. Lipoly

Lipoly

I just picked this up today and am having a few issues.
    1. The demo scene does not work b/c the URL it is attempting to download it from has been disabled by Dropbox (link removed)
    2. I attempted to follow this tutorial (
      ) and discovered that the asset did not come with any of those materials for grass, etc.
    3. I followed this tutorial (
      ), and the results look nothing like in the tutorial, and have no rocks/grass/trees/etc. See: https://imgur.com/xgETioh

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  47. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

Please do not share public links here! These blockings from Dropbox are temporary and will be usually resolved in a few hours, it happens due to a lot of users using TerraWorld concurrently which has been addressed in the upcoming version and you will no longer face this issue. The update will be out in a few days, watch for the latest announcements on our Discord server here: https://discord.gg/QgPpNpE

Since ver. 2.13.1 of TerraWorld, all Art Content and templates/scenes resources are on our cloud servers instead of being included in the store package, so all resources will be downloaded and imported on demand and this makes the original project lighter and brings faster development for your projects.

So when you select any of the Templates from the UI, it will automatically check if the package has been already downloaded and in cache and then continues importing needed content in project to create the scene for you.

That won't happen in a healthy installation! Do you receive any errors in the console? Is it a default template from the AREA tab or it's a new graph from scratch? Either ways, check all tabs to see if there are nodes available in the graph which they generate stuff and place items in your scene!

You can also get online support through our Discord server here: https://discord.gg/QgPpNpE

48. Lipoly

Lipoly

I removed the link, and posted in Discord (Community Help). By the way, it appears that many aspects of the asset are currently broken (including why my terrain looks bad) due to using disabled dropbox links to access assets.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  49. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

@Lipoly Thanks for removing the link. Yes, unfortunately Dropbox limited our account and the fix will be available in the new version. You are right about broken scenes and terrains due to lack of resources needed for world generation because of failed package downloads from Dropbox.

For now, simply use our forums to download and import templates packages from here: https://terraunity.com/community/

50. TerraUnity

TerraUnity