Search Unity

Graphics [HDRP-UPR ✅] Sky Master ULTIMATE-Physical skybox-Volume clouds-Weather FX-Ocean-Realtime GI-Mobile

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by nasos_333, Nov 1, 2014.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 new features (volumetric lighting, volume clouds) with VR (Google VR SDK) WIP

The video also contains setup information in the Youtube page description

I will also post a scene with the setup for reference soon

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    toto2003 likes this.
  2. yotingo

yotingo

I can't wait to put my Vive into the VR demo scene.

nasos_333 likes this.
  3. nasos_333

nasos_333

Some pics from the VR demo WIP

4. nasos_333

nasos_333

Two more features added in v3.4.8 WIP

- Fixed issue where "maxnighttime" variable was not applied to sun-moon change time (for non lat/lon system transitions)
    - Added "maxnightangle" for regulating sun-moon transition angle of sun below the horizon in sky shader (for latitude/lngitude system)

Also working on more options for night sky gradient and some extra tutorials - mini guides for the various options in sky and dusk-dawn control.

5. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 new features (volumetric lighting, volume clouds) with VR (Google VR SDK) WIP

Rain effects with refraction in VR

6. nasos_333

nasos_333

Video of v3.4.8 WIP, with extra dusk control

7. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on Sky Master ULTIMATE v4.0 full volume clouds.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  8. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on Sky Master ULTIMATE v4.0 full volume clouds.

The new clouds system is now super optimized and performant and i am working on tweaking for various times of day and noise styling. The foliage-grass-rocks-trees is also under extreme optimization using InfiniGRASS v2.0.

Please remember if you enjoy the assets to leave a review and help with the continuous development of new features and updates to the systems. Every review helps bring new features (Video 1 - Video 2) faster and can make a big difference.

red2blue likes this.
  9. nasos_333

nasos_333

First video of the latest optimized full volume clouds WIP, the system is now super fast and able to pull great frame rates even on my very old (2010) PC with thick volume clouds and coverage and that in a scene with extreme foliage and detailed world (optimized with InfiniGRASS v2.0).

The effect has multiple performance controls, resolution control and various other techniques to achieve the great look and performance (and will get even more optimizations as it progresses). I am also working on a feature that will allow to use in 2D orthographic camera games as well, where the cloud horizon may be required to be in arbitary Y axis position (than the scene horizon in a normal 3D game).

Please remember if you enjoy the assets to leave a review and help with the continuous development of new features and updates to the systems. Every review helps bring new features (Video 1 - Video 2) faster and can make a big difference.

red2blue likes this.
  10. nasos_333

nasos_333

Demo version of the new Full Volume Clouds (InfiniCLOUD) system that will be included in future Sky Master versions
    , the system has received heavy optimization to the volume clouds effect so can look great without strange temporal effects and be very fast due to resolution control.

Sky Master v4.0 Full volume clouds demo (windows standalone) - in InfiniGRASS v2.0 demo with latest foliage optimizations:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-QCdE1dswQBZG82SEFNeHdfaHM/view?usp=sharing

The is a WIP demo, so there is no controls for the clouds yet e.g for density - scatter properties etc (though in the demo the cloud lighting will change properly automatically as the sun moves around, which is one of the major perks of this new option for clouds in Sky Master)

Please remember if you enjoy the assets to leave a review and help with the continuous development of new features and updates to the systems. Every review helps bring new features (also Video 1 - Video 2) faster and can make a big difference.

11. recon0303

recon0303

Please work with Photon Bolt. I could put you in touch with them if needed....

nasos_333 likes this.
  12. nasos_333

nasos_333

I will do an overall evaulation of what would be the best way to cover most systems with one global way, so i am open to any suggestions. I will have a look at this system as well.

13. recon0303

recon0303

I plan to add it myself anyways. but would be a wise choice....Unet is trash... Maybe do a poll see what your users are using these days...Just a thought.. I know Elroy for UConstruct, he adds them all, for his tools. But I suggest to look into Photon Bolt, its better than Pun in my opinion I have used both. Pun and Bolt.

nasos_333 likes this.
  14. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks for the recommendations, will have a look at Photon Bolt option and try to come up with best solution.

15. nasos_333

nasos_333

red2blue likes this.
  16. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on integration of the new v4.0 full volume clouds and v3.4 volumetric lighting & shadowing.The two systems are working great together to give a full next generation atmospheric emulation.

Please remember if you enjoy the assets to leave a review and help with the continuous development of new features and updates to the systems. Every review helps bring new features (also Video 1 - Video 2) faster and can make a big difference.

17. nasos_333

nasos_333

Prepare for the xSTREAM !!!

The next major Sky Master version will be all about extreme performance and cutting edge next generation effects like full volumetric clouds with cutting edge next gen lighting and look and combination with the volumetric lighting system.

Pic from WIP on the new v4.0 full volumetric clouds (now super optimized for xSTREAM performance)

Stress demo scene with extreme foliage & all major effects on, grabbed on my old 2010 PC (core 2 duo, XBone level GPU)

Please remember if you enjoy the assets to leave a review and help with the continuous development of new features and updates to the systems. Every review helps bring new features faster and can make a big difference.

wahyuway, Knightmore and red2blue like this.
  18. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP from Sky Master xSTREAM clouds (InfiniCLOUD)

red2blue likes this.
  19. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP from the new Sky Master xSTREAM full volumetric clouds (InfiniCLOUD)

The next major Sky Master version will be all about extreme performance and cutting edge next generation effects like full volumetric clouds with cutting edge next gen lighting and look and combination with the volumetric lighting system.

Pics from WIP on the new v4.0 full volumetric clouds (super optimized for xSTREAM performance).
    Stress demo scene with extreme foliage & all major effects on, grabbed on my old 2010 PC (core 2 duo, XBone level GPU).

Please remember if you enjoy the assets to leave a review and help with the continuous development of new features and updates to the systems. Every review helps bring new features faster and can make a big difference.

red2blue and Knightmore like this.
  20. nasos_333

nasos_333

Pics from WIP on the new v4.0 full volumetric clouds (super optimized for xSTREAM performance).
    Stress demo scene with extreme foliage & all major effects on, grabbed on my old 2010 PC (core 2 duo, XBone level GPU).

red2blue likes this.
  21. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

A few new regulation variables have been added to the new Full Volumetric Cloud system (InfiniCLOUD), one variable allows for the precise placement of the clouds on the horizon, this is especially useful for cases where horizon needs adjustment and for 2D or 2.5D games.

Another option is the definition of starting range, which is also useful when using the system to enchance 2D games with dynamic cutting edge evolving and correctly lit cloud effects, with light scattering.

The new system closed Beta is coming soon.

red2blue likes this.
  22. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniCLOUD pics from the new demo WIP (Sky Master next major version)

I am now working ona first demo of the system since it is now super fast and will post here soon and after polishing a bit more i will have a first pre-Beta available for testing out in various platforms.

The demo will use the full volume clouds with the full lighting model, volumetric light and shadows, light scattering and time of day integration, plus various image effects

Frednaar likes this.
  23. nasos_333

nasos_333

Some more tweaks WIP for extra perfomance in bigger resolutions. The pic has all system active (volumetric shadows, clouds, real time ambient from sky, multiple image effects, dynamic TOD, sun based cutting edge dynamic cloud lighting-self shadowing-scattering etc)

24. nasos_333

nasos_333

Update on v3.4.8 WIP

- Fixed issue where maxnighttime variable was not applied to sun-moon change time (for non lat/lon system transitions)
    - Added maxnightangle for regulating sun-moon transition in sky shader in latitude/lngitude system
    - added support for in game instantiation of camera, in SeasonalTERRAINSKYMASTER and WaterHandlerSM scripts.
    - Changed tree materials grab to produce less GC allocation in SeasonalTerrainSKYMASTER script

I am also working on some Unity 5.5 specific issues, one of which has been resolved (flickering at game start with volume lighting) and will test and also include in v3.4.8

25. nasos_333

nasos_333

26. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on dual layered clouds scapes, this scene is using the v3.4 shader volume clouds and a version with the new v4.0 clouds is also in works.

The scene with the dual layer with v3.4 clouds will be available soon.

27. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on v4.0 new full volume clouds (combined with the current v3.4 clouds for bottom cloud layer)

28. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP from the volume clouds & lighting of v4.0, combined with InfiniGRASS v2.0 system (also WIP)

29. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on the v4.0 clouds (along with a new feature in InfiniGRASS v2.0)

I have solved a few issues with displacement when the camera was moving fast and now working on the reflections and some tweaks on cloud depth cutoff.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    red2blue likes this.
  30. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on the v4.0 clouds (along with a new feature in InfiniGRASS v2.0)

31. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on new full volumetric clouds for Sky Master v4.0 and combination with transparencies (new glass shader)

red2blue likes this.
  32. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on new full volumetric clouds for Sky Master v4.0 and combination with InfiniGRASS v2.0

33. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on the new volumetric clouds system, i am close to the next real time demo as well which should be available next week.

34. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on new volumetric clouds system (focused on cutting edge effect combined with multiple optimizations to speed it up and polish it, which is as always the focus of the system)

Currently i am working on addressing some issues on the edges of clouds and land, which is already solved and adding control variables to adjust the effect.

35. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on the new volumetric clouds (InfiniCLOUD module)

36. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

So my first question before I pony up my cash is what happens under the waterline. Is it set up for underwater effects. If not will it work with SUIMONO Water System?

37. nasos_333

nasos_333

Older videos

Underwater setup sample (new video with latest upgraded for-water effects)

Hi,

The system supports underwater with caustics (shader and system to regulate height cutoff included and sample caustic patterns) and sun beams filtering trough the water as well, plus a blur filter and fogging etc

The transition can happen in a set height or based on wave calculations for more precision in higher wave heights.

The water is generally optional system that can be added through the configurator or nto added and the rest of the system can be used with any other water (but wont be directly integrated in this case and have to do manual setup for TOD etc)

I also include a sample script with wave height calculation and gameplay with floaters and a boat controller, this is a base script that can be extended to handle specific gameplay situations (so it is more of a sample and guidehow to use the wave height calculations in script, since gameplay situations can vary greatly)

Let me know for any more questions. I attach a video above for reference.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    red2blue and EddieChristian like this.
  38. nasos_333

nasos_333

Details on the next Sky Master update WIP (last update before the upcoming major 3.5 version)

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4.8
    :
    - Fixed issue where maxnighttime variable was not applied to sun-moon change time (for non lat/lon system transitions)
    - Added maxnightangle for regulating sun-moon transition in sky shader in latitude/lngitude system
    - added support for in game instantiation of camera, in SeasonalTERRAINSKYMASTER and WaterHandlerSM scripts.
    - Changed tree materials grab to produce less GC allocation in SeasonalTerrainSKYMASTER script
    - Fixed issue where volumetric lighting would flicker under some conditions at game start in Unity 5.4+
    - Regulated cloud shadow layer for Unity 5.6 shadows (in big objects) bug

The update is currently tested extensively and will be submitted soon.

39. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on the new volumetric cloud system

40. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE of WIP:

I have added a few more items for v3.4.8
    - Added weather Randomizer script (attach to SkyMasterManager script object). This can be used as a scripting guide for controlling the system's weather in detail.
    - Changed the +0.1 offset in Shader Clouds script color lerp functions to happen only in editor time (as it affected real time cloud color transition which happened very fast)
    - Fixed issue with latest RTP version (RTP controller Update() function no longer exists)

New volumetric clouds for v4.0 WIP
    The new volumetric clouds system now has also an image based manipulation mode that can create extra variation in clouds formations, so they can cover cases where clouds form in horizon only or certain spots.

Pics and video of the new system will follow soon.

41. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on the new full volumetric clouds (InfiniCLOUD module), for cutting edge lighting with optimized performance.

The system now supports configurable texture based cloud shaping, this is a first implementation of the system and i plan to extend it to add multiple attributes using the texture (currently only alpha channel is used for the modulation, so there is 3 more channels to help give even more variance to the clouds). The texture can be stretched and tiled to shape the clouds as needed, as well as be displaced in X and Z axis.

Also i plan to implement an in editor painter for the control texture (i have already implemented a similar system for the InfiniGRASS v2.0 paiting-grass shaper, so should be trivial to add a similar one for the cloud shaper texture, painting on the various channels directly on scene)

red2blue likes this.
  42. Frpmta

Frpmta

Hi nasos.
    I am interested in this asset, but I would like to know how good performing and easy to set up is the GI proxy in comparison to these:

43. nasos_333

nasos_333

I think the systems are not comparable in the sense that my method is an emulation with point lights, which has the perk that is globally compatible and very adjustable. The initial setup requires some getting used to the system and making the initial light grid and distances for the world scale needed, the system is one script attached to the sun light (or other GI casting lights) and creates a light grid around the player as extra option for localizing the effect. I have multiple demo scenes included as well and tutorial videos to guide through the various options.

More than one such scripts can be used to emulate higher harmonics and the system is also useful for spreading lighting in the scene etc

The performance is directly affected by the amount of bounce point lights (shadowless) used, which are user adjustable in various ways, e.g. you can have less lights with bigger offset from ground and bigger radius or a denser grid with smaller radius lights or combine two such to grab both small local detail and globally affect the scene and is recommended to use deffered mode (which works best when many lights are invlolved).

Another perk is that this can be used with other lights (as essentially is a light spreading AI where lights can be anything in theory) so is compatible with Jove or other systems that may have cheaper or cooler point lights.

Let me know for any more questions.

A few videos of the system used with the Sky Master ULTIMATE volumetric lighting system

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    toto2003 and Frpmta like this.
  44. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on the new volumetric clouds

45. nasos_333

nasos_333

New volumetric cloud WIP for Sky Master v4.0

Image modulation support gives the ability to limit the clouds to certain partis of the sky and create various formations and shape effects (grass and trees created and optimized with InfiniGRASS v2.0)

toto2003 likes this.
  46. toto2003

toto2003

wow that s awesome, it will give us more esthetic control ,when that will be avalaible? do you have an approximation date? i d love to test that, in combination with the sun beam it s just amazing.

nasos_333 likes this.
  47. toto2003

toto2003

the Sky Master ULTIMATE volumetric lighting system is available on the latest version of sky Ultimate ?

48. nasos_333

nasos_333

I can send a version to test as most things are in place and working, i only need a few things to do to finish first edition which is local lights for lightining basically and sync with the shadow layer.

I am in a relocation process though these days, so i will try to wrap up a first version and send over for testing later next week at some point, when i get my work PC back on track.

The store version includes the volumetric lighting system, it is enabled with a button in Camera FX section.

toto2003 likes this.
  49. toto2003

toto2003

it really remind me the volume light u can find in unreal
    , great job nasos!

nasos_333 likes this.
  50. toto2003

toto2003

no that s fine, i ll wait for the official release, thanks nasos!

nasos_333 likes this.