Search Unity

Graphics [HDRP-UPR ✅] Sky Master ULTIMATE-Physical skybox-Volume clouds-Weather FX-Ocean-Realtime GI-Mobile

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by nasos_333, Nov 1, 2014.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

Indeed :), everything helps a lot pinpoint things that i may have missed, the collider on the planes was left as i moved to the planes system and had not realized it was active in the prefab, so now the default will be to be off and on only on choice through the inspector.

Now i am making the manual, i will try to add more details on the setup as well there too

For any other suggestion let me know, i have also added a final cloud type (quad based with scatter shader, for best looks vs peformance ration) and a volumetric volcano FX in Special FX section (not mentioned in the list above, i will augment it soon)

Knightmore likes this.
  2. nasos_333

nasos_333

A few final tweaks for the final v3.4 release:

- Added option to define back Volumetric light distance (depth) and also control the intensity beyond this distance (so distant mountains even if not receieve shadows can look darker and still get shafts on top) (AtmpshericScatteringOcclusinSM34.shader and AtmpshericScatteringSkyMaster.cs scripts)
    - Added volcano effect in Special FX section
    - Added last volume shader cloud type and handling (type SideC)
    - Menus are now by default open when entering the Configurator
    - Added extended shader cloud coverage (up to 1.1 than 0.1 max)
    - Added speed of shader clouds based on windzone and also an offet to fine tune over this base effect
    - Added wind speed and follow in L2 shader clouds
    - When gradient coloration if turned off, new svolume hader clouds did not get shadow difference right (fixed, color timer form skymanager is now always calculated so can be accessed properly)
    - Added tweaks to non gradient system coloration for clouds (using the pre v3.4 lerp system)
    - Added extra help in Inspector (for foliage shaders, water and when options are not yet available)
    - Added Awake instead of Start() in GlobalFog for gradient definition initialization
    - Fixed warnings for particle.color and .size in VolumeCloudSM script
    - Added three Shuriken Volume Cloud samples (fast color change and vertical shaping, both camera roll stabilized) and final coloration tweaks

Knightmore likes this.
  3. nasos_333

nasos_333

Volume lit volcano and smoke (new in v3.4 Special FX section)

And a final addition i forgot to mention:

- Added underwater fog density variable and Inspector color and density controls, for better underwater feeling adjustment

Now i am refining the demo scenes a bit and doing the final manual version to cover the latest additions and i will upload the final v3.4 to Google Drive hopefully tomorrow for direct download.

Knightmore likes this.
  4. Knightmore

Knightmore

Are you now going to get me excited every day with new stuff I can already find its use for?
    Can't wait to mix the smoke with some spreading fire and set some thatch houses on fire :p

nasos_333 likes this.
  5. nasos_333

nasos_333

Some tips on volume particle cloud features and setting up sky presets in v3.3 (in the coming v3.4 a gradient system is also used as extra option, to directly define sky colors in the configurator)

Also in v3.4 the Particle Volume Clouds are using Shuriken as well as option (current ones use Legacy particles).

Freefall mode

Volumetric clouds shaping for specifying cloud formations at will with a simple boxes system. Define the boxes (perhaps disable mesh renderer and keep only colliders as preview), parent them to a single holder and place the holder in the boxes variable in the VolumeCloudsSM script. The system will create clouds using the box centers as shown in the pics above.

And a few tips on volume particle cloud placement and setup:
    https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/o...r-fx-ocean-mobile.277618/page-12#post-2479337

Small image based guide on how to setup a new sky rendering preset in code.

The procedure is to copy one of the existing presets (e.g. the code in "if (Preset ==11){" section) and change the parameters ("F exposure" to "Tint color"), plus give a new number to the preset (e.g. 12 instead of ==11). To see which parameters much be used, disable the automatic day cycle in SkyMasterManager and play with the sky rendering parameters group to get the desired effect in play mode, then use these parameters in the correct time of day section.

The sample shows how to change night time coloration for blue nights. After defined in code, the preset can be enabled by changing the Preset variable in the SkyMasterManager script to the specific new number.

The bottom left pics show more possibilities using the volumetric fog control, for extra coloration on the sky. The pics to the right show a few of the settings to get the blue sky result at night in various flavors.

In the coming v3.4 a gradient system is also used as extra option, to directly define sky colors in the configurator. Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 will be available today or tomorrow in Google Drive download for all current users and will also be on the store soon.

6. nasos_333

nasos_333

A few extra additions for v3.4 that came up while refining the demo scenes and getting a few extra user requests.

- Added underwater Volume fog density variable and Inspector density control, for separating the volumetric fog density when underwater for easy customization. This is enabled when the new Curve based Volume Fog control system is activated (controls the offset of the curves that define the per time of day fogging)
    - Added fog in water shader, so Unity fog does not have to be used to fog the water (this helps when Unity fog needs to be less than the needed to fog water for the rest of the scene items). This is integrated to the system as well and works with the new Gradient based sky system (and previous non gradient based one), plus extra options are added in the inspector for easy setup (underwater color, under and over water for start distance from camera, density etc)
    - Decoupled the reflection auto adjustment from the system when underwater and using Gradient sky auto adjustments overwater, as it created undesired effect.

I have also added a very detailed section in the manual on how to customize the new shader based volume clouds with images that show the settings to be used to get various effects.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  7. nasos_333

nasos_333

A sample of the cases covered for the new in v3.4 Volume Shader Clouds customization section in the manual, by adjusting cloud layer groups, heights and various shading properties.

8. nasos_333

nasos_333

Some of the work on procedural whole environment creation.

The planting and next gen grass optimization is done with InfiniGRASS v2.0, the Sky-evolving volumetric clouds-water and volumetric lighting are done with Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 and the land is procedurally GPU generated using my new InfiniLAND system.

http://i.imgur.com/ba02zCO.jpg

v3.4 progress UPDATE:

A few final tweaks have gone in the v3.4 while making the manuals and now everything is ready (both the setup guide and complete script reference manuals for v3.4) so i will be testing a bit more and the system will be ready to download in Google drive links soon.

The final demo will also be posted tomorrow. The v3.4 WIP demo is linked below (this is the WIP v3.4 version, there is a lot more as well in final version, like water fogging, underwater with the new volume lighting and much more tweaking gone in the last 3 months): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/Sky Master/SKY MASTER 3/ATOLL v3.4 DEMO.html

9. nasos_333

nasos_333

An extra control has been added for v3.4, the caustics projector max height, so caustics wont be projected over water.

Also i refined and added a lot more options to the demo, to showcase various aspects of the new gradient coloration controls and various water, sky and cloud modes.

The demo will be released tomorrow along with the new GI Proxy with volumetric lighting demo.

10. IanStanbridge

IanStanbridge

Hi Nasos, is there anyway to use skymaster on top of an existing skybox ? Ideally I want to use a panoramic photo which has some high altitude clouds and some mountains in the distance. I would then setup skymaster to lock the sun into the position that the sun is in the photo and add in some low altitude volumetric moving skymaster clouds. I would then have the benefit of the skybox with mountains in the distance as well as sun shafts and the GI. Is there an option to turn off sky colouring with skymaster and just have it blend in the skymaster clouds with an existing background ?

Also is there anyway to look down through your shader based clouds or can you only look up at them ? In your latest demo they disappear if you move the camera up through them and look down.

Thanks,

Ian

11. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi Ian,

The new clouds are meant for ground only look (and i could adapt later for looking from above as well, but not for fly through).

The full volumetric cloud bed will be the final option in the pack (for stronger systems) that will allow full fly through and look from any side evolving volume clouds, this will come later in next pack updates and is currenly in the works.

Currently for fly through there is the Volumetric Particle Clou system that can be used for such purpose and creating specific cloud formations.

The system is using the skybox to render the dynamic sky, but you can choose to put a custom skybox shader and texture by replacing the Sky material in the SkyMasterManager script and then you can enable the sun object in the sun sustem (currenlty disabled) to emulate the sun (or use the image one as you suggest).

The clouds are just quad of semi spherical dome layers, so you can have them normally look as they do in the sky master sky case i suppose, in front of the skybox and where you place them in the scene.

Let me know if that worked and for further help on getting the result needed

12. nasos_333

nasos_333

13. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniLAND (real time GPU land generation & erosion) with Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 Volumetric Lighting (and InfiniGRASS for foliage)

A windows standalone version of the v3.4 Atoll demo, for the case the Webplayer is not working correct on some platforms or browsers

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 Atoll demo:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-QCdE1dswQBOXlNS1lkWUxLNE0/view?usp=sharing

Rockwall33 likes this.
  14. nasos_333

nasos_333

A few more pics i took while making the icons for the new pack, any feedback on the possible icons above would be appreciated since it is hard to choose :) (i am still not sure whether i should have a new icon as well, or keep the current one)

15. nasos_333

nasos_333

Refraction in the land edge aware portion (depth based edge tranparency) of the current water system and improved foam motion, look and variance (WIP)

Full volumetric Clouds and noise based volume fog (WIP)

WIP UPDATE:

Next for Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.5 (WIP - high priority)
    - FFT water (90% done)
    - New shader for the FFT case (80% done)
    - Current water shader enchancements (better foam and water depth fogging with refraction) (90% done)

For next versions (3.6+, some may come in v3.5 depending on development progress) (WIP)
    - GPU FFT calculation for faster speed (20% done)
    - Full volumetric clouds and noise based volumetric fog - integration with current volume fogs (50% done, base system working, pics abobe)

The new full volumetric clouds and fog will be the final cloud option in the system and allow fly through, evolving clouds and other perks depending on target system specs.

The new full volumetric systems and FFT water will be targeting the higher end of the performance spectrum and all cloud types (volume particle, shader volume, full volume) will serve a different purpose and will all be major aspects of the system at all upcoming versions (and improved upon). The FFT water will also be used along the current system or as standalone, for ultimate choice and waves variance based on the game needs.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    Knightmore likes this.
  16. Knightmore

Knightmore

:eek: You are really fast with those improvements we talked about. It has been only one week ago :p
    The foam looks much better now, as it was really strange to see it forming a straight line.

nasos_333 likes this.
  17. nasos_333

nasos_333

Indeed, thanks for pointing it out :), the motion is now also much more convincing and not a simple shift to a single direction, that was also rather boring to look at. It needs a bit more tweaking and i will post a video showing the movement soon.

The other thing is that i noticed refraction was not applied when the global water transparency was zero, but the edge fade was on and created depth based transparency, now i have added refraction in that region which makes it a lot better looking near shore lines, with proper refraction in the depth based transparent portion.

Also i will be adding some optimizations in the depth rendering code for the shore line handling, where the depth texture will be rendered in intervals rather than in every frame.

Knightmore likes this.
  18. nasos_333

nasos_333

A few more pics and videos from the final cloud option (full volumetrics, evolving clouds) for next Sky Master version.

Lohrion and Knightmore like this.
  19. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on FFT waves ocean and new water shading for Sky Master ULTIMATE

The water shading is also affected by sun light (in addition to the current specular highlights and point light support), using Sub Surface Scattering emulation method

20. nasos_333

nasos_333

A few more pics of the WIP on the full volumetric clouds. These will be the final option in Sky Master ULTIMATE and targeting stronger systems.

All cloud options will be available at all times (and get upgraded) for use in various scenarios and ultimate versatility and choice.

- Volume particle clouds for shaping clouds at specific formations and fly through with renew system (for endless cloud fall etc) or cloud manipulation with forces

- Volume shader clouds (new in v3.4) for very customizable fast evolving volume clouds with nice shadows and interaction with the new in v3.4 volume lighting system. Also this system has perfectly defined cloud edges and does not have any issues of full volume clouds like noise from undersampling.

- Full volume clouds for stronger systems (final cloud option, to release in v3.5 or v3.6), for evolving clouds that can have verticality and most realistic lighting in the vertical clouds case, plus support fly through.

21. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP UPDATE:

Some of the new features of the next version, which is focused on Configurator enchancements (performance related) and adaptation of the Volume particle clouds to Shuriken, with a converter system that is currently in the works.

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4.5 (Finished):
    - Much improved Configurator performance when in editor time (reduce allocations to near zero while open and idle)
    - Added proper undo for the new volume cloud and curve based controls in Configurator
    - Added better scene view preview for the new volume clouds and ambient lighting when in editor time
    - Removed collider from rainbow quad
    - Added instructions in RTP demo for unzip the relevant controller script and usage

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4.5a (WIP, mostly done and testing):
    - Added minimum rainbow intensity (for showing instead of complete vanish in clear weather)
    - Added instant cloud density, sun intensity and horizon change response in configurator at editor time
    - Added sun positioning update rate (timer discretize)
    - Added infinite life to Volume Cloud Particles for the new Shuriken case
    - Reduced update rate of materials to 0.01 (from 0.1, so the system will start with full smooth case to cover fast sun motions and can be regulated foe performance after that initial value based on sun cycle speed)
    - Automated Conversion of Volume Particle Clouds to Shuriken (button in Configurator to auto convert to Shuriken)
    - removed dependency of Renderer in SetRenderQueue script (needed for the above Converter to function properly)

The v3.4.5 and v3.4.5a will be released together as a patch for v3.4.4 (store version) for immediate download (Google Drive link) and will be submitted to the store soon.

22. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP UPDATE:

Some of the new features of the next version, which is focused on Configurator enchancements (performance related) and adaptation of the Volume particle clouds to Shuriken, with a converter system that is currently in the works and various refinements to the new systems.

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4.5 (Finished):
    - Much improved Configurator performance when in editor time (reduce allocations to near zero while open and idle)
    - Added proper undo for the new volume cloud and curve based controls in Configurator
    - Added better scene view preview for the new volume clouds and ambient lighting when in editor time
    - Removed collider from rainbow quad
    - Added instructions in RTP demo for unzip the relevant controller script and usage

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4.5a (Finished, available for Google Drive download):
    - Added minimum rainbow intensity (for showing instead of complete vanish in clear weather)
    - Added instant cloud density, sun intensity and horizon change response in configurator at editor time
    - Added sun positioning update rate (timer discretize)
    - Added infinite life to Volume Cloud Particles for the new Shuriken case
    - Automated Conversion of Volume Particle Clouds to Shuriken (button in Configurator to auto convert to Shuriken)
    - removed dependency of Renderer in SetRenderQueue script (needed for the above Converter to function properly)

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4.5b (WIP, mostly done and testing):
    - Added DestroyImmediate(LegacyParticle,true) when erasing Legacy modules, to cover prefabs case (VolumeClouds_SM script).
    - Added shaping to Shuriken clouds with box shaping and proper sizing (shape affects the cloud bed in Shuriken)
    - put volume light to X2 downsample (than X4) as default
    - put default far distance of volume light backlight control much further and color to neutral (put 5000 dist and 0.95 light as default)
    - Added shadow plane name in shader volume clouds, to make apparent which layer is the shadow one

The v3.4.5 and v3.4.5a-b will be submitted to the store this week

Also some of the WIP of integrating Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 and InfiniGRASS v2.0 (demo coming soon):

red2blue likes this.
  23. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The new version 3.4.5 is finilized and a download will be available this week in Google Drive. The manual also now covers the new Legacy to Shuriken conversion system for the Volume Particle Clouds.

The current WIP is a full adaptation to Unity 5.4, this new version will do away with all Legacy particles and all Volume particle cloud prefabs will have Shuriken by default. The converter will remain part of the Configurator until the actual removal of Legacy particles by Unity (to allow the easy conversion of any custom clouds that use Legacy to Shuriken). The converter will give a few warnings in the log (due to Legacy particle references) which will not affect the system and will be removed when Legacy particles are removed.

A native Unity 5.4 version will be available soon as well in Goole Drive download.

24. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

A new SpeedTree shader version, with dynamic Sky Master enabled snow is in the works and near finilized and will be available for download soon.

This new version is based on Unity 5.4.3f1 shaders and is also being tested on Unity 5.4.2f2.

The new system offers much more control over both the snow coverage (with offset and scaling factors) and color tint per season with both local and global tint color and balacning factor between them.

There will also be an included demo scene with a full sample to be used as setup reference (including materials and settings to get dynamic snow on leaves and bark)

25. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on the new glass shader for Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.5. The glass has many more properties and options for better running liquid emulation and glass depth.

The Sky Master ULTIMATE version for Unity 5.4.2f2 is also now available (v3.4.6) and a new version of the Dynamic Snow shader for SpeedTree is also available at: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-QCdE1dswQBR0kyTnZhM0JzVlk/view?usp=sharing

A video of the glass - liquid shader in action will be up soon.

26. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on the Sky Master ULTIMATE v4.0 full volume clouds.

27. nasos_333

nasos_333

Video of WIP on the new glass shader for Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.5 (used in the new InfiniGRASS v2.0 full procedural world demo):

28. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:
    More options for the new Glass and water shader WIP

Knightmore likes this.
  29. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on the new particle field method for fast weather FX (over the current Shuriken particles). These will also be used for flocking birds and other environmental ambience when finilized.

30. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on adding the new glass shader options ("Glass controls" button and options) in InfiniGRASS v2.0 - Sky Master ULTIMATE joint demo

The InfiniGRASS v2.0 demo will be posted here soon, along the new glass controls to sample the new glass and watery shader that will be available in v3.5 of Sky Master ULTIMATE.

31. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on the new water and glass shader for v3.5. The InfiniGRASS 2.0 demo that includes the new Glass shader controls and a first WIP version of the new water shader will be released later today.

red2blue, pixelsteam and Rockwall33 like this.
  32. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS v2.0 WIP Demo guide:

A few notes on the demo, the current limitations and the WIP:
    - The batches are not yet all optimal, the system can essentially do huge batched models and pool them independtly of the ground formation, currently the batch creation is still WIP and in the regulation process and is also regulated in combination with the automatic batching happening in play time (though the goal is to pre-pool everything, for instant get in game time and zero overhead from in game batching)

- Some batching is happening in play time currently, the final demo will have all grass-trees pre loaded in the pool and batch only when absolutly needed (if the pool is chosen carefully may never need to batch in play time)

- There is no LOD stages for all grass - trees implemented yet

- There is no shadow control (per distance or LOD level) implemented in the demo (will be in the final demo)

- Everything is created on the fly, land generation, planting and growing the grass. The land and planting positions can be pre-determined if full procedural mode is not required (land is finite for example)

- Memory consumption in editor is reported steady (around 450MB for the demo), though the windows reported memory while playing the standalone is higher and is probably because of the terrains that are not recycled (the terrains and planted positions remain in the game as the player moves, so they could be taking up the extra ram, why this is not reported in the profiler is still under investigation)

- The shader is forward rendering based in the demo, the final system will also have support for the full deferred Unity 5+ mode, which further reduces draw calls

- There shader is not yet using GPU instancing, a version with GPU instancing is already created and polished and will be available in v2.0 or v2.x cycle, to further reduce draw calls.

- The grass patches density and placement thickness is WIP, so in the demo there is probably areas or biomes that use more thickness in grass than nessessary, so there may be lots of overlaping that will be avoided after the placement system gets the final tweaks.

- The demo uses multiple image effects that can be heavy and do not yet use the new unified image effects of Unity 5.4+. Use the "Only grass" button to gauge the performance of the grass system (this is also including the land generation and planting though, that can also be avoided if not needed)

- Use the biome icons to enable different grass-trees-decals (rocks etc) as the new lands are created. When going back to these lands the previous biome will remain, independently of the currently selected one.

- The grass shaping is enabled only in the region up and right of the cave (in relation to the initial player view when getting in on the demo) and as far as the single control texture used in the demo allows (so near the cave is a good place to test the shaping). Also not all grass can be shaped yet in the demo (WIP), the main grass is shaped with right mouse button. The final system will assign more textures are needed to cover all areas in the big procedural world case.

- Some biomes are heavier than others due to the still WIP regulation of grass density and batches, the heaviest are the low grass (3rd button in upper row) and Tall red tree (3rd button in lower row). The two left icons in bottom row do not enable different biomes, but rather change the texture of grass in various ways, the first toggles main grass and distant forest style and the 2ond toggles between various grass textures for main grass.

- Place rock button will place a rock that is enabled for grass adaptation, grass recalculation is happening when the player is moving, so place the rock and move a bit to see grass adapt to it.

- There is cases where the automatic ground adapt will remain active even if player is not moving, this is WIP to address (as should only remain open when player moves and only remain always open on demand if there is an actual need to full real time adapt of grass for cases like exposions changing the landscape). This behavior can be used in the demo to sample how a full real time adapt is (e.g. at some points only rotating the camera will adapt the grass to the rock in full real time)

- Place vertex grass will spread a vertex grass patch on the ground around the player, this grass is using a rendertexture system for grass rotation and wind (which is more realistic but a bit heavier than the pure GPU approach in the default shader) and has specular highlights in the grass (but not yet translucency emulation like the default shader)

- The cloud prests are not done (so use only the default clouds at demo start) and land types and styling is also WIP

- Some barks do not yet use the ground adapt system (the shader for barks that will support snow is WIP) so will remain on a ground level even if tree is planted in a hill-mountain.

- The birds system is rather heavy as it enables three separate particle systems, so is to be used only for showcasing the effect than the performance and is adviced to be turned off for performance evaluation.

- Rivers are ground adaptable as well (e.g. place rock under them to see the adaptation)

- The grass is re-adapted to ground based on the "Shape grass every" distance, when place rock is active this distance is reduced to recalculate placement at smaller intervals to showcase the adapt effect. For best performance set this highest possible.

- The demo is built using DX11 and the grass with the new vertex shader placed using "Place vertex grass" is DX11 (will be adapted to DX9 for final version as it is using more textures than needed currently). Also vertex grass has no control for specularity yet (will be in next demo version)

- Move to night time using Sky Master Time of Day control to enable the flash light for local light interaction with grass showcase.

- Blur effect is default on when entering the demo, use the "Cinematics on" and off button to toggle it off for extra performance (toggle cinematic effects on and then off to disable it)

- The lands and planting is happening in a brute force approach, the final system will create grass near the player as priority first and then move to further away and out of view lands.

- Out of view grass batchers are not yet occluded (WIP)

- When batching happens there are artifacts due to the new ground placement shader, handling this is WIP (this is no issue if pre-pooling grass, the demo has pre-pool only for a few grasses for now, also WIP to have all pre-pooled)

This is the latest InfiniGRASS v2.0 WP demo with Sky Master integration, it is still WIP but polished enough for a first showcase alongside Sky Master ULTIMATE.

The demo is a stress one, as it creates everything on the fly (land, grass placement, grass growth etc) and showcases the new full procedural mode for very big variety and worlds. A lot more optimizations in performance are also WIP and will be in the next demo (details in the spoiler above).

InfiniGRASS v2.0 WIP demo with Sky Master ULTIMATE integration & new v3.5 glass controls & water shader (WIP):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-QCdE1dswQBTktIdDZXS3lLMDA/view?usp=sharing

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    pixelsteam likes this.
  33. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v4.0 WIP - Full volumetric clouds

The full volume clouds is the final option in Sky Master cloud systems, for stronger platforms (mainly desktop) and have the perks of more accurate lighting per sun position, better vertical formations and later in v4.x cycle the system will support fly through and ground noisy fog and various other effects.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    Knightmore likes this.
  34. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on Sky Master ULTIMATE and InfiniGRASS v2.0 integration, dynamic gradual snow growth on foliage and distant forests and volumetric lighting over mountains.

The dynamic snow effect can be sampled using the "Snow" weather in Sky Master GUI of the latest real time Sky Master ULTIMATE and InfiniGRASS v2.0 procedural world demo:

The snow effect is currently further fine-tuned for the various items (grass-fence-rocks etc) and the refined version will come in the next version of the demo.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    red2blue and Knightmore like this.
  35. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.5 new glass and water shaders WIP (foliage in the video is using InfiniGRASS v2.0 and terrain is created using InfiniLAND, all integrated in InfiniGRASS v2.0 demo)

InfiniGRASS v2.0 demo (Windows) with Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.5 new grass and water shaders (WIP) and Glass controls:

36. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on the new ocean waves (FFT) and full volumetric clouds systems for Sky Master ULTIMATE v4.0

The full volumetric clouds
    have multiple performance controls for ultimate control and various techniques to increase visual quality with less sampling.

37. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on fine tuning Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 for the combined Sky Master and InfiniGRASS v2.0 procedural world demo (volumetric lighting, water, fogging, sky, volumetric clouds, camera FX, gradual snow growth system).

red2blue likes this.
  38. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on a series of tutorials for tweaking and seting up the new in v3.4 systems (additionally to the ones
    already linked in the tutorials playlist)

Water fog regulation mini guide (and using gradient of volume clouds fog for color over TOD control, new feature in v3.4.7 - coming soon on store)

What is new in Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4.7 (WIP so far - coming to store soon)
    - Optimized GC allocations in Volume Particle Clouds (zero allocations in the new Shuriken particle based system, halved allocations in old Legacy particle based system)
    - Fixed issue when Latidute / Longitude system was used, where the initial sky color upon game entry
    would flicker for an instant. Now the color will be correct at all times at game start
    - Fixed issue where water parameters in Configurator would not update the water shading at editor time
    - Added more options in water fogging (tint fog by custom color or by volume shader clouds fog gradient
    for control of tint over time of day). The new parameters are available in WaterHandlerSM script and will be available in the Configurator in next Sky Master ULTIMATE update.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    Knightmore likes this.
  39. nasos_333

nasos_333

One more video for tweaking the v3.4 system (setup mobile demo scene for underwater fog):

New rolling fog behavior WIP, climbing high places and creating impact fronts as it moves

docwes likes this.
  40. nasos_333

nasos_333

New dust storm effects WIP

docwes likes this.
  41. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on advanced shadowing on particles

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  42. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    red2blue likes this.
  43. nasos_333

nasos_333

The new version of the cast shadows on particle system supports the Volume Particle Clouds (new Shuriken variant) and has many more optimization options to regulate for big particle counts.

The shadows can also have variant coloration and transparency for emulation of ambience in shadows or other special effects.

docwes and red2blue like this.
  44. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

WIP for Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4.8
    - Code refactoring, commenting and clean up for easier extension of code if required
    - API documentation and description of usage of key parameters for controling time and weather
    - Documentation on using the RTP script with the RPT controller and on usage of the SpeedTree snow enabled shader (currently RTP instructions are integrated in the demo scene)
    - New timer module that will allow precision time (locked to real time passing) or sync to real time clock
    - Separation of demo assets in two major folders (one for Sky Master & one fog GI Proxy), for easy deletion (or avoiding import time at import) and removal of unessesary items (e.g. extra water planes with various densities, which can be created with the included water plane generator)
    - Support for Unity 5.5 (removal of any extra warnings produced after v5.4 insertion in 5.5).
    - Playmaker actions (under evaluation)
    - Photon networking support (under evaluation)
    - FAQs section in forum for answers and quick reference to most common help requests
    - Extension of shadow cast module on particles for Volume Particle Clouds and optimization for big particle counts
    - New special FX (sand storm, rolling fog with impact fronts, new rolling fog shader with light scattering)
    - Mobile section in configurator, for automating the mobile asset insertion in scenes in the step by step configuration and mobile prefab.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    docwes and red2blue like this.
  45. nasos_333

nasos_333

A few extra features added for v3.4.8 WIP, as per user requests
    - Add moon shading and star control section in Configurator
    - Further categorization and help in configurator, for easier access and more clarity in the usage of the new features
    - Add option to setup the system for linear color space and adjustments in the various systems and shaders

The coming v3.4.8 will be focused on super optimizing and polishing the ease of use and compatibility of the system and thus any requests and suggestions are welcome and i will try to fullfill all in this version or the v3.4.9 the latest.

46. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on the new gradual snow patches growth system, this system will also combine with InfiniGRASS for ultimate performance when many patches are needed.

47. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on the new gradual snow patches growth system and ground adaptation, this system will also combine with InfiniGRASS for ultimate performance when many patches are needed.

The snow patches are planes initially that will be auto adaptable to ground for perfect ground conformation, realistic snow accumulation over the ground adapted base and very easy configuration.

48. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on the new gradual snow patches growth system and ground adaptation

49. toto2003

toto2003

hi nasos, i was watching your video

was wondering how to get to work, is it the sunshift script? or a totally new system? it look amazing, does it perform well on mobile?
    cheers

50. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

This is the new in v3.4 volumetric lighting & shadowing system, which allows shafts from any light direction and with controllable scaling (e.g. can be used for room or for beams trough the volume clouds etc

So is a new system that can be used in combination with all other systems, i combine it with the standard sun shaft image effect from Unity to enchance the effect when looking closer to the sun for example and to vary the coloration for more cool effect.

I attach two videos with an example of the two systems combined (InfiniGRASS v2.0 is used for foliage-grass-trees-rocks-bushes etc and the foliage shading)

It should run on latest mobile (SM3.0) and performance is very scalable (has two resolution downscale factors to control the effect), but is mainly for desktop (so i would recommend only for the stronger mobiles)

Also i have just tried the effect with VR and works great, i will post a version of the main demo for the latest Google VR soon with some extra tips on how to setup the VR system with the new volume clouds and volume lighting (which is basically one extra copy of the image effect to the left-right cameras)

toto2003 and red2blue like this.