Search Unity

Discussion Migrating from Easy Mobile to Essential Kit (Voxel Busters)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Voxel-Busters, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi Devs,
    We would like to have this thread for the users who are planning to migrate to Essential Kit as Easy Mobile got abandoned.

Please check below for a quick overview on the differences among the two plugins to give an idea if Essential Kit fits your needs properly.

Feel free to add your queries in this thread and also any time you can contact our discord server support for a quicker discussion.

Offer : Users who purchases Essential Kit will get a massive discount of > 60% for all of our other plugins! This is valid till April 20th!

Also, we offer integration services (NDA friendly) where we handle the complete migration. This helps in saving lot of time and efforts for your team. Integration pricing is very affordable in the range of $150 - $200 per project. Contact us for more details.

ComparisonChart.png

Update :
    Billing feature offered currently supports only Consumables/Non-Consumables. Subscriptions feature is under development. Contact our support team for ETA/Beta.
    Cheers,
    VB Team

Last edited: Apr 20, 2023
  2. LilGames

LilGames

Can you describe, briefly, how your "Cloud save" works? Unity has one where it's all uncompressed JSON, KVPs. We have a private custom made one that saves and serves a single Base-64 file (in Azure). What's your solution like?

3. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Cloud Save feature internally uses iCloud Key-Value storage and Saved games services on iOS and Android respectively.

We wrap it with a single unified api which kind of looks like PlayerPrefs with additional api for resolving conflicts(as external storage is involved).

Please have a look here for the guide on Cloud Save.

LilGames likes this.
  4. jinn97

jinn97

Hello!

It looks like a nice asset!
    I have some questions:
    - When you estimate that version 3.0 will be released?
    - Will you support IAP / Ads initialization from code?
    - Will you support Amazon Store?
    - Regarding ads, will you have an automatic loader for the ads? This feature is quite important.

Thank you!

5. jmpereyra

jmpereyra

Hi,

I'm doing the migration from Easy Mobile and the issue I'm having now is that on the IBillingProduct interface you don't expose the product type (Consumable/Non-Consumable).

The reason to ask for this is that locally to the game client, I prefer to use the plugin definition of the product for actual money related IAPs instead to have to either duplicate them (as I have to add them anyway in the inspector, haven't found in the documentation a way to do it programatically) or have another source to enrich it (in which case I'd have to duplicate the type which is error prone anyway).

Is there any way I can get that data?
    Can you expose that in a patch?
    Bonus points if you'd add a way to add a key value pair field on the Editor product definition (which is then available on the IBillingProduct interface) to add extra developer related metadata to the products.

Thanks!

6. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

IBillingProductDefinition is the one you see in the inspector. May be you are looking for that.
    You can pass your billing product definitions to our InitializeStore method.

I suppose you contacted us on our discord support. Please lets continue over there :)

7. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

When you estimate that version 3.0 will be released?
    V3 will be available on store within 2.5 - 3 months from now. But Ads Kit beta will be bit a head (Ads Kit will be a separate plugin but, offered for free with V3 essential kit)

Will you support IAP / Ads initialization from code?
    Yes, we do IAP product id's feeding from code since v2. Ads initialization can be done through code as well. Would love to know more details about the exact usage. We can discuss over our discord support if you are interested.

Will you support Amazon Store?
    Recently we started on wrapping Unity IAP as an alternative to our current billing implementation. Our current billing implementation is a custom one and free from analytics. Where as with Unity's IAP we can target more platforms. So with the Unity IAP wrapper, we let devs to choose based on their requirement. So yes, Amazon will be supported considering Unity IAP supports it already.

Regarding ads, will you have an automatic loader for the ads? This feature is quite important.
    Yes, we support auto loader. Please ping us on discord support for adding yourself to Ads Kit beta list.

Cheers,
    VB Team

Last edited: Jun 4, 2023
  8. Niroan

Niroan

Hi

We would like to move all our games to Essentials, but the price is insanely high?
    I our country we would need to pay additionally 25% just in sales taxes.

We currently use Easy Mobile Pro and only have 1 issue with a interface that is not working in new version of Unity, everything else is working as it should. So the 125$ pay for new product + developer to change all games will be expensive.

Do we get discount code if we move over?

Regards

9. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Well, while we love to offer discount based on purchasing power, unfortunately UAS doesn't offer any options to support it. So, sorry to say we can't do anything about it.

However, we can tell you one thing that money invested will save you alot in the future. Currently, the plugin can save you a lot in-terms of man hours once migrated for thr following reasons.
    1. We simulate most of the features on editor - this avoids testing mandatorily on device everytime for non-depenedent feature testing.
    2. We cover most native functionalities so that you don't need to go for multiple plugins. We nearly have 11 features
    3. Battle tested by nearly 15,000+ users
    4. We don't have dependency on external plugins (except ads). All features are developed inhouse so that we can work on the fixes rather than waiting for third party plugin fixes.
    5. We keep updating the asset regularly.
    6. We are constantly supporting the product since 2015.

Hope you see a value by migrating to Essential Kit

Cheers,
    VB Team

Last edited: Apr 4, 2023
  10. LilGames

LilGames

It's hardly "insanely priced". If you can't make that investment back with a week's worth of your game's Ad or IAP revenue, then why bother at all?
    But asides from that, I see it's on sale right now at have price! Go get it!

11. Niroan

Niroan

i bought it full Price, but they made a reply inside another thread for Mobile Pro and normally it would make sense to give a discount to get all the customers migrating

12. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

We would like to get an offer live from today.
    Users who purchases Essential Kit can get a massive discount of nearly > 60% for all of our other plugins! This is valid till April 20th!
    Hope new users find it useful!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2023
  13. LilGames

LilGames

March 20th? What year, cuz it's already April.

14. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Yikes! Sorry, it should be April. Updated!
    Thanks for the note @LilGames :)

LilGames likes this.
  15. SnaiperoG

SnaiperoG

Id really like to migrate from EMP to CPNP too. But its too high for me as well plus i cant buy anything from asset store since some doing in my country. So i have no options :(

Niroan likes this.
  16. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

We can setup a external purchase system on our website but it will be more troublesome for developers in the future as you miss the benifits of asset store distribution. For ex: getting updates on new releases, invoices along with your other assets and so on). For that matter only option is to purchase via asset store!

17. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

18. xjjon

xjjon

When will ads SDK be supported?

19. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

We are closing the development for Ads Kit and should be soon available once it passes beta.
    It won't be part of Essential Kit and will be a separate asset.

However, It will be offered for free for Essential Kit users for a certain period post it's release. If you are interested in beta, please ping us on discord.

Thanks,
    VB Team

xjjon likes this.
  20. jinn97

jinn97

I asked on discord if Ads will be part of essential kit and they said yes, it will be part of version 3.0.

21. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hey guys!
    Our Ads Kit is in beta now and any one who wants to try it please let us know.

Thanks,
    VB Team

22. Evgeno

Evgeno

Hello, I purchased your plugin to replace Easy Mobile, but I didn’t understand how to use cloud saving correctly. In Easy Mobile, I used the name of the saved game to transfer the byte array, but in your plugin you don’t need to enter it? How then will the plugin understand which game needs to be saved/loaded? How can I correctly switch to your plugin so that old saves work with your new plugin?

23. Evgeno

Evgeno

CloudServices.SetByteArray(mySavedGameName, savedBytes);
    This is right?

24. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

You might have given a name for the snapshot when using Easy Mobile plugin. When it comes to Essential Kit, we don't provide an option to have multiple snapshots (or save slots or profiles) instead we use only one single snapshot. But, you can still have the concept of save slots/profiles.

For migrating from other plugins (like Easy Mobile and Stan's Ultimate Mobile) we have added an option to fetch the data for all existing snapshots. This helps in migration from other asset to ours smoothly. Please check the following workflow.

1. Once you authenticate with first call to Syncronize, you can call CloudServices.GetString("
    ESSENTIAL_KIT_CLOUD_SERVICES_OTHER_SNAPSHOTS_BACKUP");

2. ESSENTIAL_KIT_CLOUD_SERVICES_OTHER_SNAPSHOTS_BACKUP key returns a json string which has all snapshots data as key-value pairs. Consider if you have given the name for the snapshot earlier as "savedata", it may look like this { "savedata" : {your data}}

3. Once you parse the returned json data string, you have all the data required and you can start using our setters to set the data. Note that this needs to be done only once. Once you migrated for this user (you may need to maintain a flag with in the cloud using CloudServices.SetLong("IS_MIGRATED", 1);), you can skip this step.

In-short, we provide an option to fetch the old data and with it you can set the data via Cloud Services setters.
    Please let us know if you need any help and also would love to know your feedback to make the product better.

Cheers,
    VB Team

25. Evgeno

Evgeno

Can you please tell me in more detail how to CORRECTLY get an array of bytes (which was previously saved via Easy Mobile)? I don't understand JSON, sorry)

26. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

If you want to access the data as bytes for your "savedata" (let's say this is the snapshot name you gave in easy mobile), you can do the following
    1. var allSnapshotsJson = CloudServices.GetString("ESSENTIAL_KIT_CLOUD_SERVICES_OTHER_SNAPSHOTS_BACKUP");

2. IDictionary dict = (IDictionary)ExternalServiceProvider.JsonServiceProvider.FromJson(allSnapshotsJson);

The dict you get in step #2 will have key as snapshot name and value as bytes encoded in base64. From there it's pretty straight forward once you get the bytes.

27. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

EgoJacky likes this.