Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.6%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.0%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.1%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.5%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.6%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.4%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.2%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an option on the shape shifting to be ignored by the AI on animal mode:

Regards.

andreiagmu, Kennth and hopeful like this.
  2. hopeful

hopeful

Awesome ... I see another application for that: disguise. :)

andreiagmu and sr388 like this.
  3. sr388

sr388

Haha, yeah, didn't think about that, but it reminds me to metal gear solid 4 and its face camouflage tech:

mgs4-metal-gear-solid4.gif

Would be an interesting element, even some ability to scan characters and disguise as them too :D

Regards.

andreiagmu and Kennth like this.
  4. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added the main AI navmesh system to the generic ride/vehicle system, so the animals can move around given a navmesh target to reach. This will be used also for the wander around state on the animals to ride, so they can move around until you ride them After that, they can return to wander state after x time or follow the last rider, in this case, the player:

You can see here a target moving around and the animal to ride following its position through navmesh.

Regards.

5. chrisabranch

chrisabranch

is this update going to be released soon?

sr388 likes this.
  6. sr388

sr388

Yes, I have finished all the checks and testing already and I am finishing the new demo scenes, so if all goes well, the update will be sent to the store during the next hours, and should be released in about 1-2 days after that, so almost there :)

I will post the demo builds here once I have them along the final changelog for this new version. Thanks for the patience and looking forward to work on the new version right after this.

Regards.

7. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone.

The update 3.03-2 is complete and sent the Asset Store, so in a matter of 1-2 days it should be available in the asset store (sometimes it has taken just hours, so it could be sooner).

Thanks to all the people for your huge patience with this update, it has been a long wait but I hope the new version worth it, and now some good coffee and starting to plan the next update :)

In the meantime, here an improvement on the locked camera to have a more old school type of control, including tank controls, and movement in circle to aim and manual up, and down:

Regards.

andreiagmu, Kennth, EN_Games and 5 others like this.
  8. DG1981

DG1981

Hi.

Having a blast so far exploring the depths of GKC and just playing around. But there are some things I can't figure out right now:
    1. I only want to use third person and keep the player from using first person mode, so I unchecked "Change Camera View Enabled" in "Player Camera" but kept "Change Camera Side Active" enabled because I want the player to be able two switch shoulders while aiming. But this only works if I have "Change Camera View Enabled" checked. But then the player is able to switch to first person mode again. Is there anything I might have overlooked?
    2. I want the player to be able to switch from right to left and back while not aiming. Any tips on how to do this in GKC?

Thanks in advance.
    Regards

sr388 likes this.
  9. sr388

sr388

Hi @DG1981.

Glad to hear that and thanks for your kind words, it always means a lot for me :)

About the camera settings that you mean, I think there are not options out of the box to have that kind of control 100% yet, but I can add options for it today and tell about the modifications needed for it, so you can apply it on your side and use them in no time (I can help with those changes if you need to).

And of course, these additions will be included on the available options of the asset, so any other person can use them as well, as I think they will be very useful too, as I just didn't think about adding them before.

That is why suggestions are always welcome, as it allows to add useful and interesting options and features that weren't planned until now, but they make totally sense to include haha.

So yeah, let me know what you think, in the meantime, I will put them on the todo list to work on it later today ;)

Regards.

andreiagmu, DG1981 and hopeful like this.
  10. DG1981

DG1981

Hi @sr388
    Sounds great. Thanks for your fast reply.

sr388 likes this.
  11. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone.

The new update 3.03-2 is already live on the asset store (a little reminder to always make backups of your projects before anything else).

Also, there are new animations added on the examples of the action system and other movements, so I recommend to check the public repository of the asset to get the new animation package (more info on the doc, in the external files section).

Also, thanks for all the kind words and interest while working on this new update, it means a lot for me and really motivates to keep working more in the asset

Btw, here the changelog of this new update:

Changelog 3.03-2

Glad to do it :)

Regards.

12. sr388

sr388

Hi @DG1981.

I added the modifications to being able to use the change of aim side while having the camera view input disabled, so they can be used separately.

I will send you a PM to tell you more details about this modification, it has been added to the main project that I have to work on the asset, so it will be included on the main content as well.

Regards.

13. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Since now it is easy to add new movements and actions for traversal and parkour actions, there is a new one which was added for the new update, which is an example of wall jump/slide, inspired in mario games and other similar platforms

Regards.

14. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I am happy to announce that Game Kit Controller will be 50% OFF during the Black Friday Sales.

To celebrate the new released update of GKC and this sales, here a new and shiny trailer of the asset, hope you like it :D

Regards.

15. chrisabranch

chrisabranch

Do you still get full profit when unity puts it on sale?
    (just curious)

sr388 likes this.
  16. sr388

sr388

No, the income applies on the current price of the asset, which includes when the price is reduced during sales. Joining the sales is volunteer and offered to assets which fits some criteria, so the developer can decide if he wants to include his assets.

Of course, being featured on the asset store sales is a big opportunity to get more attention and get some more income, which also helps to the developer in order to being able to keep working on the assets and bring new content and updates, so it is a situation where everyone wins :)

Regards.

andreiagmu and chrisabranch like this.
  17. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a new tutorial to show how to configure and customize the general drive/ride system on an external vehicle controller, in this case, Edy's vehicles physics, though the process is the same for any other external vehicle or animal controller:

And same system with Malbers animal controller, using the dragon as example:

Regards.

Kennth, EN_Games and hopeful like this.
  18. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a test, with animals to ride on regular wander around state, allowing to ride them and in that case, they can follow the rider once he gets off (with options to ignore them after x time, here are just 10 seconds with the player) and repeat the cycle. The option can be disabled to resume the wander state when you get off, or follow the last rider forever:

Also, you can put an inventory bank/bag on them, so they carry any amount of stuff, along your regular inventory.

Regards.

19. skytow2003

skytow2003

Hi. I just downloaded GKC after a long time and went to check the sample scenes. I have a question on the landing after a Jump. The character seems to squat and enter the ground after landing. How can I fix this ? thanks for response.
    Pietro

20. sr388

sr388

First of all, thanks for your purchase, it is very appreciated.

You need to import this animation package from the public repository of the asset:

https://github.com/sr3888/GKC-Public-Repository

It is better explained in the doc, it is a group of animations used on the action system examples and the melee combat, just as placeholder, so you can replace them at any moment Any animation will work, and these will be assigned automatically once you import the package, just need to import, close and open unity, and voila, all configured by it self.

You can use this alternative link for the animations package if you prefer: https://drive.google.com/file/d/144r3PD_O8wC7ydNl4TsXLBvBF6cbjmh2/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if you try that.

Regards.

Kennth likes this.
  21. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an example of the swim system zones sending remote events, like deactivating fire on characters when getting in:

Regards.

22. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

On the recent release, I improved the ground detection for situations where there are smalls gaps in between the ground, as the characters can move properly on it now:

Regards.

EN_Games, Mark_01, Kennth and 2 others like this.
  23. 3DWizerd

3DWizerd

Awesome, glad thats patched up.

sr388 likes this.
  24. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an option to leave as active the generic model that a character will use for player or AI, so you can see properly on scene the model that will be used for it:

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  25. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

For the recent release, I improved the use of range melee weapons on locked view, like the bow system or the option to fire projectiles from swords, allowing to aim accurately to any direction:

Regards.

Mark_01 and Kennth like this.
  26. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

For the new update, a new toolbar system was added, which is very customizable and it has many actions as shortcuts in order to make the asset easier and faster to use or simplify some steps, like select main player, focus on a certain component, move the player around, toggle camera view, etc...

At the start and end of the video you can see how easy is to customize and add new options and buttons, configure hints, images and the editor function which activates.

Let me know which actions would be interesting to add to the current examples, suggestions are very welcome :D

Regards.

EN_Games and Kennth like this.
  27. sr388

sr388

Hi and happy thanksgiving everyone.

I added options on the menu pause to allow to adjust the scale time when the game is paused along with pausing/resuming AI activity, so if the scale is 1 for example, the AI actions can be paused and resumed if the user prefers to manage the game in that way:

Regards.

EN_Games, Mark_01 and Kennth like this.
  28. Kennth

Kennth

Looks good :) Could this be the start of turn based combat ? :D

sr388 and Mark_01 like this.
  29. sr388

sr388

Thanks, I improved some of the elements of this option, as they AI wasn't stopping 100% all its states previously (it can be noticed on the velociraptor for example, as it doesn't use root motion to move) but it is now, as part of the current update in the store.

And about turn based combat, yeah, that type of gameplay is very planned, probably for the start of 4.0, as the version 3.0 is reaching its final updates before moving to the new main version (all the updates will keep being free and will keep being the same asset, just a change of version number ;) ).

Regards.

Kennth likes this.
  30. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a test with the new general drive/ride system of GKC, this time, for NWH Vehicle Physics 2:

And dynamic water physics 2 vehicles:

The integration is already made with both and can be configured too, the tutorials can be found on the youtube channel too.

Regards.

31. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here some minion summoning using animals instead of human characters:

Regards.

EN_Games and hopeful like this.
  32. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a very nice WIP trailer from an user project made with GKC called "Algernon":

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  33. coldfire1500

coldfire1500

One question, does this asset contains enemies wave spawner?

34. sr388

sr388

There is a spawn object system which allows to drop on scene any prefab or object, including to configure a list of stuff to spawn, fixed or random location inside a radius, adjust objects to ground when spawned and more.

It can be used for AI to be activated on trigger enter, by events or any other element.

You can see a few post above the spawn minions using animal AI for it, which uses the spawn object to drop one at a time in this case.

Let me know if you need further info or have any other question ;)

Regards.

35. coldfire1500

coldfire1500

yes but, as I can tell it spawns one at a time, if I try to make a spawning system that spawns automatically at different times with timers per waves like a zomby shooter its not possible right?

36. sr388

sr388

It can spawn any number of objects, either a list of different of an amount of the same too. Let me know if you mean something else.

And about the different times, there is no any option to take that into account, since there is no a day time system yet on GKC, but it is planned to work on it and be used by any other system, like the spawn object component. And with it, a ew more improvements and examples scenes of enemies waves too.

If you have a day time system which can send signals to any element with conditions, you can call to the spawn object for it.

Let me know what you think.

Regards.

37. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an example ability to reverse/toggle the player's gravity, similar to the game VVVVVV:

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  38. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here some test with the improved AI detection and target management, including when the AI has detected it and stills inside its range, so the AI can chase it around corners or behind any other obstacle which blocks the view of the AI or attack from longer distances:

This is already on the recent release.

Regards.

EN_Games, Kennth and blacksun666 like this.
  39. GloacGames

GloacGames

First of all, thank you very much for this excellent system.
    I got a few errors after importing [on an Empty Project] to Unity(2021.2.5f1).

After First Import
    Error.png

ZeroGravity [scene] doesn't open on this version!
    Desktop Screenshot 2021.12.04 - 08.51.37.05 (2).png

The player doesn't land Smoothly and gets stuck for a few secs!
    JumpLag.gif

Using Grapple hook, the player gets stuck for a few secs!
    JumpLag3.gif

AI gets stuck to the ground after Hit.
    JumpLag2.gif

After running on the Editor, these are the problems I'm facing. Will there be any Updates on these issues?
    Could you please help me to solve this I'm eagerly waiting to get my hands on this awesome asset for my next Project. Thank you :)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
  40. sr388

sr388

@GloacGames thanks for your purchase and kind words, it is very appreciated :)

About the issues, You need to import this animation package from the public repository of the asset https://github.com/sr3888/GKC-Public-Repository

It is better explained in the doc, it is a group of animations used on the action system examples and the melee combat, just as placeholder, so you can replace them at any moment.

Any animation will work, and these will be assigned automatically once you import the package, just need to import, close and open unity, and voila, all configured by it self.

You can use this alternative link for the animations package if you prefer:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/144r3PD_O8wC7ydNl4TsXLBvBF6cbjmh2/view?usp=sharing

A pop up window should have appeared the first time you play any of the demo scenes by default, with some little info and this step as well. Let me know if you try that. This will solve all the missing actions on the gifs that you mention, as they are just animations that are located in this external package.

About the import, that is strange, haven't seen any similar situation and I think it could be the asset wasn't imported properly (just some random issue during the import that should be solved by reimporting the asset).

I will do a test with that version of unity, but it shouldn't work on any version equal or higher to 2019.4 LTS.

I will tell you about the results asap, in the meantime, let me know if you try to reimport the asset (remove the GKC folder in that case, so it is imported clean again) and the animations package ;)

Regards.

Kennth and GloacGames like this.
  41. GloacGames

GloacGames

Thanks, that worked like a charm & other scenes seem to be working Except [City Demo Scene[Animals as player, not showing], Dual Weapons, Zero Gravity] are not opening and showing this error! Desktop Screenshot 2021.12.04 - 11.49.55.78.png

On City Demo Scene [the animals are missing?] and these errors are showing on Debug!
    Desktop Screenshot 2021.12.04 - 11.51.54.99.png

But after baking Navmesh! These are the only errors left and the Animals[Players] are only missing after transforming!
    Desktop Screenshot 2021.12.04 - 12.03.30.53.png

Am I missing something ??? or is it this version Unity[2021.2.5f1] only? o_O

42. sr388

sr388

@GloacGames for the demo city scene, it uses a system based on google, so I didn't include the scene it self to avoid that dependence (the scene file was a placeholder for the demo build which I forgot to remote).

For anyone who wants to play or try the city demo scene from the asset, I have made a package with it which you can find in the public repository of GKC, check the readme file, it is very quick and easy:

https://github.com/sr3888/GKC-Public-Repository

You can also use this direct link
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r7bgVsfVG8V3s0TmqwGOy1Zn4p25weky/view?usp=sharing let me know if you try that (like always, backup before anything else).

The spider is also a modified version of an open project from github, and can be found on the above public repository to import.

The other animals (deer and wolf) are from malbers, so you need to import them in the project to use those examples. The frog and velociraptor are free models from the asset store, and you can do the same for them. That is why they are not included on the content of the asset, but if you import each one, each animal example will be usable properly without problem. Here the links to all of them:

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/animals/poly-art-wolf-78795 https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/animals/poly-art-animal-forest-set-128568 https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/animals/toxic-frogs-132963 https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/animals/free-pbr-velociraptors-165201

Of course, you can create new generic models too for player or AI, here a video for it:

I will check the other couple of demo scenes, as from messages, seems that there is some object which was removed but some object on scene has some reference, nothing to worry about. Thanks for telling me about it, and like before, let me know if you try that.

Regards.

Kennth and GloacGames like this.
  43. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Just a reminder that the Black Friday on the asset store ends today, so make sure to grab GKC if you haven't it already ;)

In the meantime, here a test where the player can control AI on shape shifting mode, with generic models, like animals, through the override/possession system:

Inspired on mario odyssey and Tchia game:

Regards.

EN_Games and blacksun666 like this.
  44. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

For the recent update, I added a check on the gravity system on 2.5d, to make some small improvements, along with the test of the ability example to reverse the gravity direction of the player like in VVVVVV game:

Also, I added a component to show any stat on screen, it can be used for any value, updating the content text at any moment (the example is the money on the left side, the right side is the default option of the money system it self):

Here an image of the setting used for it:

Regards.

EN_Games and Kennth like this.
  45. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an example of the AI pet companion to summon and call to ride, similar to breath of the wild:

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  46. Lazy_Eight

Lazy_Eight

Hey there,
    Not sure if this is the right place to post but...

Recently started using the GKC: I'm using it with UMA, and i'm getting a situation where I add the bone builder to make sure that character is 'humanoid rigged', and use your create a character wizard, once generated the character's arms seemed to be locked behind their back. I've examined the bones and manually search for them, to which it does find them, however i'm still getting this issue. Any ideas? Things seem to work okay with Ethan but it seems to have problem with UMA. I'll admit, when installing the asset GKC I did omit the UMA parts as I already had UMA on my project and didn't want to overwrite my settings.

47. sr388

sr388

Hi @Lazy_Eight.

It seems like maybe the character that you are using is rotate 180º maybe?

It is a strange situation, but I can take a look at it in a remote session with you, to make sure all works properly. Send me a PM here on the unity forum or through the discord channel of GKC (link on my signature) when you want to make the session, no rush of course ;)

Regards.

48. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an improvement made on the recent release on the locked camera to have a more old school type of control, including tank controls, and movement in circle to aim and manual up, and down:

So now, old genres can be achieved easily, like silent hill and examples like the recent demakes made in some games, like resident evil 4:

Regards.

49. sr388

sr388

Mark_01, Kennth and hopeful like this.
  50. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I am happy to announce that Game Kit Controller will be 50% OFF during the New Year Sales.

To celebrate it, here some progress of the new armor/cloth system and customization aspect of the characters (for both player and AI), which will be part of the new update:

Regards