Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Mega-Fiers. A mesh deformation system - RELEASE

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by SpookyCat, May 18, 2011.

1. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

So all is well with the Wrap system now?

2. Fluffy-Tails

Fluffy-Tails

Correct me if I haven't found it yet, but is there a built-in script or function to call and save morphs real-time in-game?

Just so I am clear, me and my team are not programmers.

I've spent countless hours looking at UMA2, MCS Female / Male Lite and finally on Mega-Fiers.

What me and my team want to do is allow for morphs of base models to have anthropomorphic species.
    Each base mesh will basically have a particular morph for each gender for a unique look.

For the player, we want to allow the character to be morphed to their liking similar to UMA2 and MCS.

To make things more complicated, we also want to allow for random morph values for each species in crowds.
    The player will answer some questions if they like a character and the morph value used for that character will be saved in memory and adjust other morph values as they talk to other characters, building up a preference of characters they would like to see more of.

The other assets like UMA2 and MCS were, at first, an instant decision... but once we looked through them we quickly found it deceptive for our purposes.

Our ultimate goal is this:
    Player creates preferred character with provided base models, morphs, PBR Textures designed with Substance Designer / Painter, player character is saved and the game begins.
    On the idea of Substance Designer / Painter, would there be a way to allow substances to be randomly generated as well?
    Upon particular areas, we want randomly generated characters with our custom morphs to be instanced including large groups of characters like crowds and a group of 4 or more characters most likely used with RAIN AI.

Again, thank you if you can take your time to reply to us.
    We are looking for the best solution for what I explained above.

3. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

@Janet Merai - Not quite sure what you are asking for here, do you just want the morph channel values saved? Or need the mesh baked out? From your description I can't see anything that cant just be done by setting the various morph channel values, and maybe setting some random values for variety. The new weight value on the progressive morphs could be used for setting how much of a morph is applied as and was added by request to do species type effects.

4. Fluffy-Tails

Fluffy-Tails

Sorry, I was tired when I posted that question.

We do want to save morph channel values based on responses in Adventure Creator.
    Baking meshes is helpful but we would also like to remove the baked meshes if the player preferences are changed, say they interact with a character of a different variety.

To be clear about this, I wasn't sure how Mega-Fiers might save out morph channel values seeing as how me and my team are using Adventure Creator.

5. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Well it would be very easy to just read the channel percent values and save them in an array or list and just write them back as you need them, I could add some public methods to return the current morph state as a float array and another method to set the morph state from a float array.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  6. Fluffy-Tails

Fluffy-Tails

Would this morphing array list thing natively be supported in Mega-Fiers or do we have to program this?

It'd be nice to have some sort of inspector or wizard to save values or create tags or something for morphs that could integrate with other assets / scripts.
    Adventure Creator is used by a lot of non programmers I know of, perhaps its a big selling point to integrate Mega-Fiers with it?

You already know we aren't programmers and it would be a solid buy for us.

On that topic, I noticed a lack of documentation and I would like to explore Mega-Fiers more beyond YouTube videos.
    Is there perhaps a lite version of Mega-Fiers or something?
    (If there is solid documentation and I haven't found it yet, please correct me and point me in the right direction)

I want to ensure Mega-Fiers is what I am looking for on a limited budget before I buy it.
    The only issue is, I have specific needs Mega-Fiers might be capable of and I am not sure if it can be done.

I've spoken to UMA and MCS developers and the feedback has been non-existent.

On an updated note, me and my team of artists have been theorizing how to achieve penetration of an object into another.
    We want an animated male genital to go inside female genitalia and we are looking to avoid a lot of bones and allow for dynamic impact and collision deformation between two objects.

We saw the old video like it was mentioned earlier and are going for that effect.

Me and my team have been thinking of how Mega-Fiers might fit into this all and we realized if we could somehow create a warping effect inside the female genitalia for the male genitalia to achieve the warping effect, we could have a realistic penetration.
    Our theory goes as placing the warp directly on the male genitalia but not actually activated or calculated until we can somehow tell it to activate.

Edit-
    (We are evaluating using ICE Creature Control for complex crowds, it looks promising for our needs)

Edit 2 -
    We have been doing more research and also realized not all species will have the same topology and might require even more models to accommodate character generation.
    Is there some sort of way Mega-Fiers can do some type of procedural morphing independent of topology?
    Another thing we wondered is, can morphs or independent topological morphs be created in Unity?

Thing is, we want to have random morphs on instanced crowds of characters and we aren't sure how to take one character and randomly spawn them into the scene.
    So for that we thought maybe we could have base meshes that have their own morph values and find an asset that randomly spawns them as instances or something.
    For a player character, we figured we could allow them to morph values instead of them being random and pick their own species... although we could allow for random morph values like any other character creation system to get them started.

That is more or less what are intending to achieve.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  7. Ony

Ony

Just wanted to say thanks again for Megafiers, it's awesome.

I updated to 3.14 last night and I'm getting the following error for two objects. They've been working fine for over a year so it has something to do with the update:

Destroying assets is not permitted to avoid data loss.
    If you really want to remove an asset use DestroyImmediate (theObject, true);
    UnityEngine.Object:DestroyImmediate(Object)
    MegaModifyObject:OnDestroy() (at Assets/Mega-Fiers/Scripts/MegaFiers/Modifiers/MegaModifyObject.cs:39)

Any idea?

8. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

@Ony - I will look into that, if you could submit a support ticket outlining the modifiers on the two objects and whether they are prefabs etc so I can track down what could causing that, also does it happen only when playing in the editor or does it happen when just in edit mode?

@DIFTOW - I did email you last night but for customers who purchased our assets from our websites updates are obtained by entering the email address used for the purchase in the box at the bottom of the store page, you will then be emailed a new download link to the latest version.
    As for the link you posted that is to a 'suggestion' post, the user who posted that made a mistake in where they asked for help and submitted a suggestion instead of a support ticket, they then realized the mistake and submitted a support ticket which was responded to. Due to the fact that Unity will change the number of vertices in a mesh during import as well as change the coordinate system, scale and the vertex order, this means that when the Point Cache modifier imports a cache file it has to a complex process of trying to match the vertices in a Unity mesh to those in the Point Cache file, but if the first or last frame of the cache file does not match the shape of the mesh has it was imported into Unity it will be impossible to match the vertices and you get a mapping failure. So for example if you had an object in your 3d package of a sphere and that sphere has an animation cache applied to it of it exploded into bits and the first frame of the animation is the sphere already broken then when you import the mesh into Unity it will be a sphere object but the cache first frame is an exploded sphere so the mapping will not work. You can make a very simple animation of the sphere doing nothing and then use that to generate the mapping data, then when you import a new cache file it will ask you whether you wish to use the exisiting mapping data or make a new set, you would then choose to use the existing data then it does not matter if the last or first frame of the cache data matches the Unity mesh.

9. Falagard

Falagard

I'm sure this has been asked before but is it possible to apply a modifier to a group of game objects rather than a single object?

For example, imagine I have several meshes (representing the ground) that I want to be displaced by one displacement modifier.

10. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

@SpookyCat,
    Does Mega Paint work with skinned meshes? I cant seem to get it to work.

I also sent you an email about getting the latest Morph plugin for Maya 2016 sp2.

Thanks.

11. krillmcrawl0

krillmcrawl0

Hi!

Would the Wrap plugin work to fit a robber mask onto a head? I need the mask to respond/behave as cloth when the character is speaking(using blend shapes). A mask similar to this:
    http://www.daz3d.com/ski-mask-for-m4

Thanks!

12. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

@krillmcrawl0 - Yes the wrap system was designed for exactly that sort of thing, getting clothing, hair, masks etc to deform and animate with another mesh without having its own animations or deformations.

@adamz - As you found out the object needs a mesh collider for the paint system to work.

13. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Submitted a small update to the Asset Store and our webstore. This fixes the mesh being deleted if you removed the Modify Object component from a game object, we also added two options to the right click context menu which allows you to easily removes all MegaFier components from an object and either leave the mesh in its deformed state or return it to its original state. Also updated to remove all the depreciated methods for Unity 5.4, and fixed a couple of small bugs in the Wrap system. The material importer for the MegaCache component as also been improved to make material import for cache files better.

Changes since v3.13
    • Fixed the mesh being deleted if you removed the Modify Object component.
    • Added two helper options to the context menu for the modify object component allowing you easily remove all MegaFier components from your object and either leave the deformed state or restore the mesh to its original state.
    • Improved the material importer for MegaCache so will use names in mtllib instead of expecting same filenames as obj files.
    • Fix for Wrap system on non skinned targets not being in the correct place.
    • Fixed bug in the wrap system when using new BakedMesh option.
    • More fixes for depreciated methods in Unity 5.4

14. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Another small update in the AssetStore, we added in the New Hose system we updated in the MegaShapes asset, the new hose now works correctly when connected between gameobjects that will be rotated, before the hose could behave oddly now it will work fine, to use select the 'New Hose' object from the game menu and make sure the objects you attach the hose to are not children of the hose object itself. We also added in the attach system for the new Hose object as well in case anyone is using that.

And in case anyone has forgotten what the hose system does here is a tutorial video showing the features of the hose system and below that a little demo scene video.

Changes in v3.17
    • Added new Hose Attach system that uses the new hose system.
    • Added a new version of the hose system that works correctly when end nodes are transformed or moved. Use 'Hose New' instead of 'Hose'.

15. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Another quick update, made some improvements to the conform modifier to make it more usable by allowing you to select to use local down for the raycasts, and also fixed a small bug which stopped the axis value from working correctly. We also fixed the errors you would get if you built for the Windows app platform.

Changes in v3.19
    • Fixes for errors when building for Windows App platform.
    • Fixed a bug in the Conform modifier so nopw detects if the Axis value is changed and so will work correctly.
    • Added new options to the conform modifier to allow you to use the down axis of the object, so can conform on to objects from different directions, useful for conforming to say a sphere.

16. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Just updated MegaFiers on the Asset Store and our webstore. MegaFiers is now fully compatible with Unity 5.5 with all depreciated methods etc. removed. We also fixed a small bug in the conform modifier.

Changes in v3.20
    • Fixed a small bug in the Conform modifier which caused odd results when the mesh was rotated and using Local Down.
    • Made changes to make compatible with upcoming Unity 5.5 release.

17. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Another quick update, this fixes an issue in the multi threaded morph modifier where some vertices could jitter between the morphed state and the original vertex position. Also fixed a problem in the demo scene where the morph example was missing some data, so re added that and added some more morph channels.

Changes in v3.21
    • Fixed a bug in the multi-threaded Morph where some vertices might not be moved.
    • Fixed the morph example in the demo scene not working and added more example morph channels.

Ony likes this.
  18. Ony

Ony

Awesome, thanks Chris! That fixed the problem. Damn, I've been avoiding multi-threading morphs for about a year now because of it. I guess I should have asked sooner, haha.

19. wargod

wargod

Hi Chris,

We seem to be having some issues with the wrap system ( its been a while since i worked on this project).
    I have a beard prefab wrapped to a skinned and morphed head object both have been created as Mega prefabs.

When i drag the head mega prefab into the scene as well as the beard mega prefab ( i set the target to the head on the mega wrap modifier) all works great and the beard follows the morphs as well as the skinned jaw moving via a bone.

When i drag a second head mega prefab and beard into the scene and set the beard wrap modifier target to follow the second head mesh) the beard continues to use the first head mega prefab skinning and morph targets.

It seems that its sharing the wrap data from the first? Is there a strep i am missing in the creation of the mega prefabs or wrap modifier so this does not happen.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Cheers
    Neil

20. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

@wargod - If you could submit a support ticket at our website we can help you out there. And if you could outline all the steps you are taking to make your prefabs and add them to the scene etc that would be helpful.

21. wargod

wargod

Ok sent with the invoice number. Thanks

22. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Just submitted a small update to the Asset Store and our website, this brings a small performance increase to the Bend modifier and we also changed the LateUpdate option and added an update mode so you can now choose, Update, LateUpdate or OnRender. Some assets that create meshes procedurally do so in the OnRenderObject method and that could cause a frame delay at startup and or when the mesh changes, Text Mesh Pro for example uses OnRenderObject and this would cause a frame jump if you updated the text while it was being deformed.

Changes in v3.22
    • Added UpdateMode to Modify Object, you can now choose between Update, LateUpdate or OnRender, this will change when in the render pipeline the deformations are added, Update is fine for most cases but sometimes you may need the other options, use OnRender with TextMeshPro objects for example or other procedural objects.
    • Removed LateUpdate option from Mega Modify Object.
    • Small optimiztion to the Bend modifier.

Ony likes this.
  23. flr

flr

ArgumentException: Blend shape frame weight must be greather than previous frame weight
    MegaCopyObject.CopyBlendShapes
    what's wrong?

24. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Sounds like you have an object with a problem in its Unity blendshapes, the copy method you mention just copies the blendshape data from one object to another, it isn't changing the data at all so must be an issue in the object. If you could submit a support ticket and include a link to a test project as well as original max, maya or blender scene and fbx files we can take a look.

25. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Just made a quick video showing how to use the built in Spline animation system in MegaShapes. MegaShapes does allow you to import animated splines from 3ds Max, Maya and Blender but you can also create spline animations inside MegaShapes. In this video we show how it works by creating a simple spline animation to change a toy train track object.

26. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Another small update submitted to the AssetStore. This fixes a small issue in the spline animation system if you tried to animate a spline with an imported animation. Also fixed a bug with Unity 5.4 and the FFD Warps where dragging the FFD control points would not update any objects bound to that warp.

Changes in v3.23
    • Fixed bug that caused splines to get corrupted if you tried to use the Spline animation builder on a spline with an imported animation.
    • FFD Warps can now be found in the same component section as the other warps instead of a different warp heading.
    • Fixed issue on Unity 5.4 that dragging FFD Warp handles was not updating any object bound to that warp.

27. mj321

mj321

I've got two questions regarding MegaFiers:

1) As most of the transformations don't work well with scaled objects (scaling not 1,1,1 in Unity), it would be nice to have a simple filter just to scale a mesh. (I have to deal with objects whose scaling is only known at runtime, so i create a Cube and scale it according to the size i need ). Right now i use three stretch filters, one for each axis, which seems a little overkill.

2) I'm looking for a filter that would just flatten an object on one side, e.g something that would turn a cube into a wedge shape. Is there any filter that can do that already?

BTW: It would be nice to have one page somewhere that shows all filters listed and a small gif that shows what they do.

28. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

@mj321 - Not sure it is correct to say the modifiers do not work well with a scaled object, in all cases they work as expected, the modifiers are applied to the base mesh and the deformed mesh is then scaled by the Unity transformation as one would expect. It could be possible to add a simple helper function that would do a reset x form on a mesh before starting so it's current state becomes its actual state. You can already tell the system to remove all MegaFier deformations from an object and leave the deformed state if you wish so you could apply your stretches, then remove them and then apply whatever other deformations you need. I can also add a simple scale modifier as well.

As for flatten I suspect you need to use the Taper modifier which does what you say, as shown in the image and video below.

29. mj321

mj321

Thanks for the fast response.

Actually i just found out that using Strech doesn't work for scaling an object. It just looked that way because i tested with a default cube. So i'm still looking for a solution for that.

I will check Taper again, i thought i had tried that already.

30. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

If you can submit a support ticket at our website with your needs for the scaling and scale modifier I can see what can be done.

31. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Another quick update. This adds a Scale modifier as requested above, and we also added a new Duplicate Object option to the GameObject menu, this is an improvement on the previous version in that it preserves any Prefabs in the objects being copied and still allows the objects to be deformed independently off one another.

Changes in v3.24
    • Added a Scale modifier, making it easier to work with meshes that need scaling first.
    • Added a new 'Mega Duplicate Object New' option to the GameObject menu, this will duplicate an object in the scene and preserve any prefabs and still update the meshes correctly for MegaFiers.

32. mj321

mj321

Thanks a lot for the scale modifier!

33. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Did the Taper modifier do what you needed?

34. mj321

mj321

Yes, I just had to modify my mesh a bit. Thanks.

35. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

We have just done another small update. We had a request to add an OBJ file export feature to MegaFiers so we did. You can now export the selected object to an OBJ file by using the Mega OBJ Export option in the GameObject menu. Or you can add the MegaOBJExport component to an object, you can then pick a Key to use to start the export and select a path. If you select Sequence mode you can set the grab framerate. When you press play and then press and hold the key you selected it will export either a single OBJ file or a sequence. You can use this to bake a complex or CPU intensive deformation to a series of OBJ files which you can either import to a 3d package and make a point cache file from, or use the version of MegaCache included in MegaFiers to import those OBJ files and play them back at a greatly reduced CPU cost.

Changes in v3.25

• Added MegaOBJExport component so you can export a deforming mesh to an OBJ File or a sequence of OBJ Files.
    • Added new item to GameObject Menu to allow you to directly export any mesh object to an OBJ file.

Akshara likes this.
  36. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

That is great news for me, I had a very complex set of modifiers on my object but I have now exported that as an OBJ sequence and converted it to a point cache and it works perfectly, and a nice boost in FPS in my case, many many thanks for this very cool and helpful feature.

37. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Another update. This fixes a bug in the new GameObject copy where a mesh could be deformed twice. We also allowed the animation option in the Path Deform modifiers to run if Distance mode was selected and we have added Looping options to the Path Deform animation for more control. And finally fixed a bug in the Bezier Attractor modifier that was causing an exception in some cases and on some versions of Unity.

Changes in v3.27
    • Mega Copy Object now works correctly for deformed meshes so that the new mesh is not predeformed.
    • World Path Deform animation option works in Distance mode as well as percent mode.
    • Path Deform animation option works in Distance mode as well as percent mode.
    • Animation loop modes added to Path Deform and World Path deform, so you can Loop, Clamp, PingPong the animation if you want.
    • Fixed an issue with the Bezier Attractor where the points array was not being initialized causing an exception.

38. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Just tested the latest release of MegaFiers with Unity 5.6 Beta 1 and everything works just fine with no errors or warnings.

Hamesh81 likes this.
  39. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

Hi @SpookyCat , I'm creating a system similar to this:

where the character has morph targets and customizable clothing/items that are wrapped to match the character's deformations.

I would like to optimize this system by not having the character triangles under the clothing mesh (and therefore not visible) not be rendered. This way only the visible triangles of the character mesh will be rendered. Like this (http://answers.unity3d.com/storage/temp/57935-capture2.png). To achieve this I have several versions of the base character mesh which is getting switched out based on the clothing/items the character has equipped eg. if the character is wearing only pants the mesh with the feet, upper body and head is used; if the character is wearing a full body coat the mesh with only the head is used.

The issue I'm having is in regards to the wrapping. The meshes which do not have all of the triangles (eg. picture above), do not have morph data for the vertices which are not there. So when I deactivate the original character mesh (all triangles) and enable the optimized character mesh (with triangles missing) the clothing cannot wrap where the optimized character has no triangles and hence no morph data. I hope this makes sense.

The only solution I can think of is to have the clothing always wrap to the original character mesh only, but somehow hide this mesh, and show the optimized ones (with missing triangles) without disabling the Megafiers components on the original character. Another option is to use a combine mesh script to combine all character and clothing/item meshes into one at runtime; but the problem here is that the vertex count would change affecting the morph data.

Any suggestions on this?

40. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Bit late here so not had a chance to really think on this but quick answer have you tried just turning of the meshrenderer for the full mesh, or if it is a SkinnedMeshRenderer could you maybe have a very simple pass through shader for the faces you dont want to render?

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  41. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

The renderer is a good point, I had assumed that turning off the renderer would stop the morphs from working but in actual fact this may not be the case.

For the shader, I'm currently using alpha transparency to mask out some of the mesh. But this of course only makes those faces transparent. For performance it would be better if these faces could be made to not render at all, instead of only making them transparent. Did yo have any suggestions how I could do this? I had tried writing such a shader before using clip, but wasn't able to work out how to clip out faces based on an alpha texture.

42. Fluffy-Tails

Fluffy-Tails

I've done a lot of research on how to do what I am doing and I have some particular questions.

First, thank you to the developer of this asset for keeping an eye out on these things outside of support tickets :3

I've had a read about deep copies of instances, and that seems to fit what my game is going for.
    However, relating to deep copies, I do have some concerning questions.

NeoFur just came out for Unity about a month ago, which I have been using a lot, and my characters primarily utilize it.
    Will MegaFiers have any problems with NeoFur seeing as how I plan to use morphing a lot?

Does MegaFiers allow authoring morphing inside Unity?
    My team of developers use different modeling applications and it often conflicts with what Unity wants, so I have done a mostly Unity approach.
    As much as I find using a modeling application to be beneficial, I don't want hundreds of model files in the project folder and it allows team members to edit the morphs in Unity rather than installing multiple modeling packages just to re-import something.
    Due to the way our base meshes will be made and morphed with a complicated system, this is crucial.

How does Megafiers handle adjusting wrapping clothing around a character?
    In this thread, I have seen clothing being adjusted to a morphed character.
    Are there any limitations to morphing a base mesh?

Can we take a morph from one scene to another?
    My team plans to use a character customization scene, take the values of the morphed character and use it in another scene with the actual game.

For this to happen, how well does PlayMaker fair with Megafiers?
    PlayMaker is about the only thing other than hit-or-miss programming me and my team can do.
    We want this to happen:
    Take values only from character customization and store it somewhere, make it editable for the player later on if they feel they made a mistake or changed their mind.

Second instance is taking a base mesh currently in a scene and use a structured system to generate random instances, all unique, to a controlled amount of NPC instances.

Hamesh81 mentioned this:
    Alien Morphing
    This is something we are also going for, sub-species and a sort of organization system that allows a player and the system itself make random instances of a system using the morphs in a structured manner.

Say you have a Cat, but let's say you wanted a Cheetah or Panther instead of just a typical house Cat in the Feline category.
    So we exclude attributes that prevent a house Cat from being generated but allow areas of the Cheetah or Panther values to randomly make instances.
    Is there such a system that is structured and organized enough to be smart about generating such instances or does that rely on making one instead?

On that bit, we want to allow the morph values to change dynamically based on the morph values the player wants most.
    My idea is to take a structured type of morph values, sort of like a category, and take those values and adjust them to how the player interacts with an NPC or character.
    Say the player interacts with a particularly randomly morphed instance and likes the morph buildup of that character.
    We take those value ranges or particular range depending on how many times that character has been interacted with and adjust them as needed.
    Is it possible to alter or replace instances, generated in the scene, dynamically with morph values?

We don't want this change to interrupt the player, so we came up with the idea of using an empty, based on how close or far away the player is, to change the morph values based on what they currently are for a particular instance.
    This can be anything from how long the player looks at an instance, how often they interact with the instance, what type of interactions from input to dialog and more.
    The idea is to find morphs the player likes best and cater them to mostly that.
    But to diversify species and sub-species, we keep the random instance system going to always allow change.
    The final conclusion there is to have a sort of range from 1-100%, 30% being random while 70% is favored generated morphs.

And finally, we intend for Love/Hate on the Asset Store to define relationships as well and how an instance is generated.
    If the player likes a particular instance to the point it needs to be permanent, we also want to allow for that instance to be generated at run-time by storing a file or something.

Here's our short summary of what we want for Morphs:

Species > Sub Species
    Male, Female, Intersex, Transgender
    Height and Proportions
    Body Types ranging from Thin to Obese
    Muscular or Not Muscular
    Breast and Pectoral Size
    Etc.

Are any of these possible?
    Also, what are your thoughts?

Thank you for reading this huge wall of text, we are serious about this :D

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  43. Ony

Ony

Aside from the rest of your post, these things are absolutely doable in MegaFiers. Our game uses all of those you mentioned, in fact. MegaFiers won't necessarily help you to make those morphs, though. There's no specific morph shapes (hands, legs, cats, etc.) within MegaFiers, it's just the system that works with your morphs.

44. Fluffy-Tails

Fluffy-Tails

I don't expect MegaFiers to actually have those morphs.
    What I meant was, is it possible to make morphs using MegaFiers to create those shapes?
    Not everyone has the same authoring packages in my team, so it's more of a hassle outside of Unity.

45. Ony

Ony

It's theoretically possible to create those morphs with MegaFiers by applying its various warps and vertex modifiers to your base figure model in the editor, then exporting each setup as an OBJ, then importing that OBJ back into MegaFiers Morph as a morph object, but that seems like a REALLY long way around, if it's even doable.

The authoring program doesn't matter so much, since if each team member's choice of software can at least output OBJ files you're good to go. Is it possible for your team to use Blender or some other commonly available software to make the morphs you need?

MegaFiers can import the OBJ (or MOR) files from any folder on your HD. It doesn't need them to be inside the Unity project. And once they're in the project, it's not necessary for the whole team to have those base morph target models.

I used Playmaker on our current game to try it out, and it works fine with MegaFiers. For what it's worth, I am not going to continue using Playmaker moving forward. It's a nice asset and can really help out with things, but I find it much easier to just code what I need and flow that way. Mileage varies and this is somewhat off topic,so I'm only stating this for the record.

A lot of the other things you asked about are more code-specific rather than MegaFiers specific.

So you know where I'm coming from, I've been using MegaFiers since 2011.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  46. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

@Janet-Merai - Blimey that's a long post, lets see if I can answer some of your questions. I have not seen or used NeoFur but I don't see any reason why MegaFiers should not work fine alongside it.

MegaFiers does now export to OBJ files so you could use any of the modifiers to alter and shape your mesh and then export to OBJ and then import those as Morph channels using the OBJ import system in the MegaFiers morph modifier.

The wrap system works now with Unity blendshapes as well as any mesh deformations created in the MegaFiers system. The clothing is mapped to an un deformed mesh and will then track the mesh as it changes and then change the clothing or wrapped mesh to match the deformation.

If you wanted to keep morphs between scene assuming you are destroying your character object and not just keeping it, then you could easily move the morphs by saving the channel percent values and then setting them again on the new game object in the new scene.

For your different cat needs that would be best left to the user to script up what they need. And like you other questions there is no specific system included to do what you want but as all the channel percent values are available and easy to read and set you can create whatever script you like to change those values and the mesh will change accordingly. We have a lot of users who have used MegaFiers to create Avatar and NPC systems for their games so all you have asked should be easily doable with a little extra scripting.

theANMATOR2b and Ony like this.
  47. Drowning-Monkeys

Drowning-Monkeys

Hey @SpookyCat - is there any chance I can get you to release the carpet scroll demo? No matter what I do I can't seem to set it up right.

48. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

@Drowning-Monkeys - Blimey that was several years and a couple of computers ago not sure I even have that anywhere, if you submit a support ticket I can take a look for it.

49. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

We have submitted an update to the Assetstore this updates the lite version of MegaShapes included with MegaFiers to include the recent changes we have made to the way Splines are edited making it much nicer and easier to use. You can see a video on the new features below.

Changes in v3.28
    • MegaShapes is fully 5.6 compatible.
    • Added new improved spline smoothing, you can now choose between old and new smoothing modes in the Shape Inspector. New method will produce a perfectly smooth spline through all the control points.
    • Added option to auto smooth the spline when you drag a knot, this will recalc the knot control points if you have changed any.
    • Rewritten the spline editing bit, making it easier to select and move spline knots and handles.
    • Move gizmos are now only shown for the currently selected knot.
    • To edit a spline knot you just need to click the green sphere for the point you want to edit, that will then select that point.
    • Option to freeze y movement when editing spline points, useful if using the free move handle type.
    • No need to click and drag mid point gizmos to add a new point you can now just click the circle to add a new knot.
    • Move handles now point along the spline.
    • Added extra circle gizmo at end of open spline for easier creation of splines by easily allowing addition of knot on the end.
    • Add Undo system for spline editing, you can now undo any changes made to a splines knots by clicking the Undo Edit Spline button.
    • Added option to set the max Undos that can be stored.
    • Fixed bug that caused splines to get corrupted if you tried to use the Spline animation builder on a spline with an imported animation.
    • Added the missing SetHandles method to the MegaShapes API.

Ony likes this.
  50. Drowning-Monkeys

Drowning-Monkeys

Cool. Submitted.