Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.6%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.0%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.1%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.5%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.6%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.4%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.2%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sr388

sr388

Good news everyone.

I have updated the main post of the forum with the complete list fo features of version 2.3 and the features that 2.4 will bring. I will add new demos of version 2.3 with some issues that I noticed fixed.

Also, I want to ask something. I will add a procedural door system, with this parts:
    • Doors without animations.
    • The doors will have one or more panels, which will open vertically or horizontally or rotating.
    • They can be opened using triggers and buttons.
    • They can be unlockd using code acces terminals and computer devices.
    • The doors will have a hologram look like in dead space.
    So what I want to ask it is if you want this feature in version 2.3 or in 2.4. The difference is only a little extra time to add this feature, so I wanted to know your opinion.

I think making a list of things to fix, change, add, ....it is a very good idea.

Muroh, TymNetwork and RonnyDance like this.
  2. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Nice that you almost finished 2.3! Can't wait to see your results. Will you update the tutorial Video or Documentation with the new features?

If you ask me I would keep the Door Feature in 2.4 like it was intented before. So you can give everyone which already purchased your TPC an important update (since October). But again thats just my opinion and YOU are deciding what to put into the update and what not :) I am anyway so happy that lot of stuff like double jumping which was planned for 2.4 is already in 2.3!

I saw also your updated first post what I am missing in the upcoming 2.4 features - or perhaps I just did not see it - are the big Third Person Combat changes / features that you mentioned: Dodging, Weapon Combat (Pistol, Bow, Sword whatever), better close combat (finishing Combos etc) and Climbing.

Counting the days for 2.3 so you can please take my money!

Chau
    Ronny

Muroh likes this.
  3. sr388

sr388

Yeah, I will update both. With the release will come the doc and video with the new features. After, I will make some tutorials video, but these explanations with be in the documentation aswell.

About the doors system, it is too late, I have already added to this version, and it is completed. I will show you this feature in the final video of the update. For the 2.4 will be the elevators sytem.

Yes, I also make changes in the future updates features of every version, usually to add more. The weapon mode with pistol and other regular guns and rifles, along with weapons which use the player's powers will be included.

Other weapons like bow, sword and similar will be in other version.

I want to add more animations, like dodge, climb, slide...

So....SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MON....Oh wait, that is not how this works.

Only a couple of days more for the update.

Regards.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    Muroh, TymNetwork and RonnyDance like this.
  4. TymNetwork

TymNetwork

I have been using UFPS more lately. Its always great, has so much to add to it.
    I tried the Parkour Add-on and love the wall run. If you utilizes the UFPS,
    I am sure that the AI and other add-ons will work along side of everything fine.

Suggestion:
    2.3 send to the public when ready.
    2.4 add door/lock clean up asset as needed
    work on 2.5 as you work on finishing up 2.4
    2.5 add close combat / enemies --- weapons / pickups
    etc...just add the awesomness as you go.

You will then be ONE update ahead of the game
    ...we will just wait !

gives us a chance to bother you in between updates with questions and help... :)

* I am on watch for any pirates that may free share.

3-6 month gap in between updates is normal.
    NO need to out do yourself with each update.
    we love it!

sr388 likes this.
  5. sr388

sr388

Hi Tym.

Very good advice, and it is practically the schedule that I am following.

And of course, once the version 2.3 is released, I will take all the suggestions, issues, questions, doubts, ....that you can have.

About the time between releases, I really wanted to launch the version 2.3 long before, but due to university, I couldn't.

For the following versions, I would like to reduce the release time.

And of course, thank for your time and support, it really helps me to work harder.

By the way, I have just add a new option to disable the animator in first person mode. This has been added because when the player changes from third to first person, the skinned mesh renderer of the player was disabled, but the animator continued beind enabled, to move the character and to calculate the foot steps.

Now, with the option to disabled the animator active, when the player is in first person mode, the animator is disabled, and the player is moved appling force to his rigidbody, instead of using the animator motion. At the same time, in this mode, the foot steps are now calculated using a raycast to detect the surface under the player, and using a frequency value to set the interval between footsteps.

Both options are avaliable, so you can set the option that you want.

This new option allows for example to uses a rotating ball, instead the player, as a character, since the mecanim is not neccessary to use this controller. This option will be used also for the metroid prime like contoller of version 2.4.

Also, I am editing the final video of version 2.3, including all the new features. I will upload the video in less than 2 days.

Regards.

Muroh and TymNetwork like this.
  6. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone.

I have finally uploaded the final video of the version 2.3. My video editing program gave me an insane amount of problems.

Here you can see the video:

The update is fully completed, everything has been tested and everything works perfectly. I only has to finish the documentation, because I want to explain really clear every feature of the asset. Just two more days to finish it.

One only problem is that for this version there won't be a webplayer demo, due to a problem with the webplayer and the touch controls for using reflection. But you don't have to worry for anything, the asset works perfectly in any platform. I will try to fix this problem for the next version. But there will always be PC and android demos avaliable in this forum.

Regards.

Muroh, TymNetwork, hopeful and 2 others like this.
  7. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

The new video is pure awesomeness! So many new feature nicely shown!
    Also Thanks for showing Morph 3D Character.
    Can't wait to buy your TPC after 2.3 is released and looking foward for the upcoming features in 2.4. If you keep it that way GTCC will become one of the best TPCs

Salud!
    Ronny

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    sr388 likes this.
  8. sr388

sr388

Thanks Ronny, that is one of my main objectives.
    Also, I was afraid that the video would be too much longer.

Un saludo.

9. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone.

Finally, I have upload the update 2.3 to the asset store, for unity 4 and 5.

Also, the demos in the main post of last version have been updated, with some improvements and fixes.

The last update took a couple of days to be approbed, so I guess that it will take the same amount of time approximately.

Anyway, I am really happy for sharing this version and I am already wishing start to work in the next update. But now, time to (finally) get some sleep.

Regards.

10. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

Just Bought it, not planned using it yet but it grabbed my attention so hard that I couldn't resist it. so much potential to this asset.

sr388 and RonnyDance like this.
  11. sr388

sr388

Thank you very much for your purchase, you won't regret it.

I want to make a game using my asset, but for now I prefer to add more features to keep learning how to make every aspect of a videogame.

Between updates I would like to make a little game using the asset as a demo scene to add to it.

Regards.

TymNetwork likes this.
  12. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone.

Gravity Twist Controller version 2.3 has been accepted, so you can already try it. I hope you like it.

Also, theses days I have started to work in vehicles, like a car and a motorbike. When they work perfectly, I will add them the gravity control system and then I will start to work in the transformable mecha.

Right now, I have almost finished the new aim mode using inverse kinematic,so the configuration of the aim mode is super simple now, without the need of setting any rotation like before. Next step: uses of weapons.

Regards.

TymNetwork and RonnyDance like this.
  13. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

2.3 is now live on the Assetstore, yay!
    Good work sr88! Ordered it immediately and will rate it this week!
    I will test your TPC hopefully this week. If I find some free time I will also test the compatibility with some other essential Assets like Inventory Pro and let you know what I find.
    Keep up the good work!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    TymNetwork and sr388 like this.
  14. sr388

sr388

Thank you very much Ronny for your support and help.

15. TymNetwork

TymNetwork

I can't get to the Unity AssetStore fast enough !! !!

Every version is one of the most useful packages I have ever used. A++

Thanks again for such helpful work !

sr388 likes this.
  16. sr388

sr388

Hi, I have finished the new aim IK system for the arms. Now the arms configuration from the version 2.0 tutorial is not necessary. This is how looks like the otherPowers inspector for the arms configuration, and it is configurated when a new player is built:
    Captura.PNG
    Now, it is only necessary to set the position of every hand when the aim mode is enabled and for this there are two cubes to set their position. Here a capture of how it looks like:

Captura2.PNG
    Also, the arms are rotated smoothly to that position when the aim mode is enabled. Here you can see it better:
    Animation.gif

Finally, I have added a raycast to move the arm backward according to the distance to a close collider. The system already works for both arms.
    Animation11.gif

Regards.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  17. sr388

sr388

Hi, I have been working in the car controller and its gravity control. The car works really well now, the gravity control of the car responds better that I expected.. For now it is only made of cubes, to test it, but I will make the car parts in blender later.

The current car controls allows to move the car back and forward, turn to right and left (like a real car xd), use a boost, brake, jump (why not?) and change the gravity direction in a similar way to the player, but when you use the gravity control, the car is launched directly in the camera direction, instead of floating in the air waiting to press the button again. Here you can see a couple of gifs of the car:

In this one the car changes its gravity in the camera direction, so when the car hits the wall, it is rotated to that surface, and the gravity is changed.
    Animation80.gif

Here the car jumps to another platform and its gravity is changed to the normal of the new surface.
    Animation8.gif

And finally, here the gravity of the car is changed to its regular value. In this mode, the velocity of the car is preserved.
    Animation18.gif

For now, there is not player inside the car, but he will be able to enter/exit in a vehicle (car, motorbike, hovercraft, mecha) and control it.

The next step will be the motorbike, since I will use that control for the mecha when it is transformed into vehicle mode, similar to the formula model of xenoblade chronicles x. Also the mecha will can fly as well. The mecha that I will make will be similar to this capture:
    formula-vehicle-xenoblade-chronicles-x-50106-2560x1600.jpg

Hope you like it.

Regards.

toto2003, TymNetwork and Mayureshete like this.
  18. TymNetwork

TymNetwork

Update looks like awesome!

sr388 likes this.
  19. sr388

sr388

Do you mean version 2.3 or the current state of version 2.4? I guess you mean both, of course.... just kidding xd.

By the way, I want to ask to people a couple of things:
    • Name of the asset: I have been thinking about change the name of the asset, since it is more and more focused in adding every aspect of a complete game system instead of just control the gravity, like in its beginning. I want that the name suggests what type of asset is, with options to first and third person. I like a name like Multi Feature Person Controller, First/Third Person Controller System, etc... but maybe using Multi it could make that people think in multiplayer, a feature that I will add to the asset for version 3.0.
    • Price of the asset: before the release of version 2.3 I thought about increase the price of the asset, due to the amount of feature that contains. But I didn't increase it in that moment, because it would has been unfair increase the price with the update so close to its release. So my idea is to change the price in the release of version 2.4, in a range of 30-35 dolars, instead of 20.
    So, I want to know your opinion, if you like these names or you have thought in another better and if you see the new price fair or not.

Regards.

20. hopeful

hopeful

"Gravity Game System" ...? :)

21. sr388

sr388

Well, I don't know if it would be better keep gravity in the main name or not. I think that the core of the asset is the controller, so it would be better include "person" or "controller" in the name.

22. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

Actually ur asset development is heading towards all in one (AIO) first/third person controller.... so the name could also be something similar...

RonnyDance likes this.
  23. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

For me gravity is just an unique feature. One of many. You are planning to create a good Controller alternative for First and Third Person Controllers with unique and lot of features. So this are my favorites:
    MFC = Multi Feature Controller (I myself dont think on Multiplayer if using Feature after Multi)
    AiO = All in One Feature Controller (Great Idea @Mayureshete)
    AiO = All in One Controller (")

Mayureshete likes this.
  24. sr388

sr388

Those names sound very good. For now I really like something like "Multi Feature Person Controller" and "All in One Person Controller"

25. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

Replace Character for person cause "character controller" is what most people will search in general. just an SEO tip ;)

sr388 and RonnyDance like this.
  26. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Than I am for
    AiO or AioCC = All in One Character Controller

its sounds better than Multi Feature Character Controller. It's too long in my opinion and sounds not so hot ;)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    sr388 likes this.
  27. sr388

sr388

I didn't know that people usually search character more than person, I used to search first or third person, due to that is the regular style name of the game. It is interesting.
    All in One Character Controller sounds really cool, maybe that would be the winner name.

28. TymNetwork

TymNetwork

AiO Seems to sum it up.

All in One System
    AiOs

29. TymNetwork

TymNetwork

Both..can't wait for vehicle update.!

30. sr388

sr388

Sounds good too, though AiOs reminds me to IOS from apple.
    The car controls ang gravity system has been improved, now the car is rotated when it is facing down in the ground and it is balanced in the air to keep velocity direction.

This weekend I am going to work in the motorbike and use inverse kinematics for the player's legs. I can't wait to work in the weapons mode and the mecha too.

By the way, I want to thank to people for the help with the name and your support, it really helps me to keep working in more udpates. Also, do you have any suggestions about the price for version 2.4?

Regards.

RonnyDance likes this.
  31. TymNetwork

TymNetwork

more random name ideas.

EPS - Enhanced Player System
    ECS - Enhanced Character System
    ECC - Enhanced Character Controller
    Sci-Fi Controller
    Iron-Man Physics
    CEP - Complete Enhanced Player
    Super Controller
    Powers Plus
    EPC - Enhanced Physics Controller

just a small list..

The price SHOULD go up for all the effort your putting into this project asset.

My question is:
    I spent $20 for the first two updates - if price is $35
    - do I pay $15 more or do I pay $35 anyways for new?

When would you say the availability of the update with vehicles in it will be?

32. sr388

sr388

Thanks for the cool names Tym, love the iron-man physics haha. Enhanced Character Controller sounds very good.

About the price, the increase will not be charged to the current buyers, only for the new ones. My idea for now, is that every update will be free for every person that already bought the asset.

EDIT: I forgot to tell about the release date of version 2.4. I think that this update is going to be one of the biggest along with 2.0 and 2.3, so I think that maybe less than two months, due to the time that university takes from me, I hope it could be sooner.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    TymNetwork likes this.
  33. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Sorry for the time without news. I have been working in the motorbike and the inverse kinematics for the players's legs.

The motorbike works really well. Like the car, has suspensions, it can jump, brake, use a boost and use the gravity control, to drive it in any surface. Also, it is balanced to keep the motorbike correctly rotate. This last feature has been the most difficult to achieve, due to the gravity control system, but the final code is really simple and easy to understand.

Like the car, the bike will can be used by the player, and using IK the player will fit really well in the motorbike, moving his arms according to the handlebar.

Here you can see a couple of gifs showing some of its features, I will make a better model for the motorbike, this is just for tests:

Animation3.gif

Animation4.gif
    Animation6.gif
    Animation7.gif

EDIT: Vehicles will have a health and boost bar like in borderlands, so the vehicles can be damaged and destroyed. Also, both vehicles are very configurable, and the car can has as many wheels as you want, setting which is powered and steerable. The next vehicule will be a hovercraft and I am thinking in adding a hoverboard, like the seen in back to the future, also with the gravity control.

About the mecha, I want to make that it can be transformed in every type of vehicle, so you can change between car, hovercraft or plane, allowing you to set the form that every transformation makes.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    TymNetwork, Mayureshete and Marakesch like this.
  34. sr388

sr388

Respect the IK for the foot, right now only works for the regular gravity: I have to adjust a little the code, but the basic system is done. Here a couple of gifs:

IK system off:
    Animation8.gif

IK system on:
    Animation10.gif

And one picture:
    Captura.PNG

Vehicles and IK system need a little more of work but both systems look really promising. I hope you like it.

Next features to work will be the weapons mode, add weapons to the vehicles, make the player can get, out and drive vehicles, along with the mecha, which I am thinking in adding a cabin camera to see the player inside the mecha with screens of the robot view.

Regards.

Marakesch and RonnyDance like this.
  35. Marakesch

Marakesch

Thanks for your asset, it really cool. I'm a newbie for coding and unity, I was looking for some gravity controller.I choose from three assets, and your of course won because so many features, it is really awesome.
    But for me it is pretty complicated, due to I need to really understand what happens in code.
    Anyway thanks again for your asset, as for my opinion it worth more.

sr388 likes this.
  36. Marakesch

Marakesch

Just as suggestion, divide all features to separate parts, that one of them can easily be adopted to another project as part of them.

37. sr388

sr388

Hi Marakesch, first of all thank you for your purcharse and your feedback. I am really glad that you finally choosed my asset.

I always try to make the code as simple and easy to understand as I can, also commenting it. In every version I always find some code that can be simplify or improved, which I do, of course.

If you have any problem or doubt, feel free to ask here or sending me an email.
    Yes, I want to make every feature more independent, so every user can use them in other projects if they want. For the current version and next I will make them more independent.

Again, thank for the comments.

Regards.

Marakesch and Mayureshete like this.
  38. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

Are you a team of couple of people or one man army...?

39. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

He is an unbeatable one man army :)

TymNetwork, hopeful and sr388 like this.
  40. sr388

sr388

Hahaha, I was going to say one man army, but that is a better and cooler way to say it. But yeah, just one person, that is why updates take more time to be avaliable compared to other assets and also because I am in university yet (finishing this year).

Mayureshete likes this.
  41. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I finally have had a little time to finish the motorbike controller. Now the player can drive it, getting on and off of the motorbike. Also, it uses inverse kinematics to set every limb position, so the player's body moves according to the control of the vehicle, allowing to configure every position and rotation.

When the player get off from the motorbike in a different gravity, the player is set automatically to that new gravity. Here a couple of gifs:

Animation.gif

Animation2.gif

Animation4.gif

It needs a little more of work, but the basic system is done. Hope you like it.

Regards.

42. rrahim

rrahim

AMAZING!

What you are doing here is simply amazing! Kudos to you.

I'm going to purchase this right now, just to support your continued effort on this asset. I can't wait until it's in a more mature state to start using it for my own games. In the mean time, I really hope to learn from some of your code.

I agree that the name should be changed. I liked some of the suggestions such as "Sci-fi Character Controller".

Mayureshete, hopeful and sr388 like this.
  43. sr388

sr388

Thank you very much rrahim for your support and your feedback. Comments like this always make me smile. I really want to keep working in the asset to add more cool and useful features.

Yeah, I think that before update 2.4, I will change the name, I still haven't a definitive name but I will have it soon.

Regards.

rrahim likes this.
  44. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

congrats.PNG
    Look at that: First site! Congrats :)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    TymNetwork and sr388 like this.
  45. sr388

sr388

Wow, for a little developer like me that is amazing.

I can't thank enough for all the support, intereset and love that people have shown to this asset. Without that, maybe this asset only would has been a simple gravity controller.

But I really have the purpose of making it better and more complete.

So again, thanks to all of you, this forum is full of amazing people.

46. Razmot

Razmot

Nice work !
    PS_0334_THE_FORCE.jpg

sr388 likes this.
  47. sr388

sr388

Haha, thank you Razmot. I am still being a padawan, but soon the apprentice will surpass the master.

Regards.

Marakesch likes this.
  48. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

any news on this "More types or enemies, which can follow the player in any surface"....?

49. sr388

sr388

Sorry for the late replay.

Some time ago, I started to make a friend AI to follow the player. Currently, the NPC follows the player using navmesh. But for walls, roofs, etc.. navmesh can't be used, so I think that maybe it will need a waypoint system along with an A* or similar. I think that this feature will be one of the most difficult to achieve, so I need more time to it, but definitely it will be add to the asset, before or just in the version 3.0.

But before that, I will add more enemies and the AI friend, using navmesh, so they could move only in the regular ground. So, once the other system is completed, it will be easy to configure them.

Since the last weekend I have been pretty busy, but this week the vehicule system will be completely finished, including motorbike and car, so I will can start to work in the weapons mode.

Regards.

hopeful and Mayureshete like this.
  50. Razmot

Razmot

One advice : don't directly call the unity navmesh/pathfinding api from your code, wrap everything in a proxy class so it will be easy for you and us to use something else ! That's especially important for all the "sons of minecraft" here who use dynamic environment with apex/astar/custom pathfinding !

sr388, Mayureshete and hopeful like this.