Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.6%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.0%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.1%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.5%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.6%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.4%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.2%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. paulojsam

paulojsam

i loveeee it!!!!

sr388 likes this.
  2. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I made a little component to prevent characters from remaining on top of one another, pushing properly to the side:

And here how it is configured:

Regards.

Havok_ZA likes this.
  3. hopeful

hopeful

And what would be the proper way to disable it? I imagine it could interfere with some forms of character interaction, like carrying, or possibly melee ...?

It wouldn't have any effect on riding a pet, right?

4. eaque

eaque

Hi,
    I have imported 3.6 over my project, and i would like to enjoy the rigidbody system to make my character walk in her spaceship.

I already have demo scene to test from 3.4, so what should i change or add to my ship to make it work? Are there options to set betwen the player and the vehicle?.....

i use the "flying vehicle" gameobject and i put my ship into "vehicles parts" if i remember well....All parts as interior are set "vehicle layer"...

Thanks for your kind help as usual

5. sr388

sr388

It is not configured by default on the character, so the users can decide if they want to use it or not.

But in any case, it doesn't affect the character interaction, like carrying or melee, or close combat, dialogues, riding a vehicle or animal, or generic model, etc... as this component just checks on collision detection and vertical distance, so it doesn't interfere with any type of interaction with the AI ;)

That component is configured by default on the car rear part and the boat vehicle as well. It is a separated component which can be used on any moving rigidbody, having a trigger for it.

I tested an example for the AI moving around, so you can get on top of it, to carry you, it could be used on animals or any type of movig creature, to just jump on top:

The component is called updateRigidbodyStateInsideRigidbodySystem.cs. I recommend to check how is configured on the car and boat. You can download 3.6 in a separated project and check the asset there. If you are using 3.4 or 3.5, I think you can mostly replace the scripts folder and maybe reimport the player prefab, in order to use its new elements by creating a new one (or trying jus the scripts).

In any case, it is STRONGLY recommended to always keep backups of any project before importing new stuff, just in case ;)

I can post the settings of the above video example later today, though I think I posted it a few days ago on this forum too.

Looking forward for your results ;)

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  6. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

More progress on the full body awareness, as I am adding a check for vehicles to allow to keep the head scale as 1 (instead of 0 to hide it) and adding options for near clip plane values on the camera, to avoid clipping and use the mount point system to place the camera properly while driving:

This is how is handled on first person while driving until now haha. The full body awareness will allow to keep the head active ;)

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  7. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

More progress on the full body awareness, the check on vehicles to keep the head enabled and handle that camera state is added, along more situations checked it also handles an option on the action system to keep the camera rotation with the head, so when the full body rotates, it can look realistic, like mirror's edge:

Or for example, for a rotating kick or punch, to keep the camera rotating with the body it self, like dying light.

Regards.

Mark_01 and EN_Games like this.
  8. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here some initial testing on full body awareness for melee combat, including the option to keep camera on the head when doing some rotating animation:

I want to take a few ideas from dying light for how it handles FBA, so there will be more about it on next progress.

Regards.

Mark_01, EN_Games and paulojsam like this.
  9. egem2015

egem2015

Hi Santi again after a while,

How are you ? i hope you are doing fine.

Just came for a word. i will say again. you are great and your asset amazing

your asset is doing so much . Everybody can understand this easily. You are giving so much for this asset.

BUT

can you make minimalist scenes like this?

https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...stem-for-mobile-and-pc-platforms-full--246094

and you are using same old UI. This is getting boring after a while.

can you use different UI?

and last one,

Maybe you can provide a character selection scene.just a suggestion.

thanks in advance.

Sincerely King Regards.

sr388 likes this.
  10. sr388

sr388

Hi.

Thanks for the kind words, it is appreciated :)

About your question, yes, more demo scenes are planned, to show more elements of the system. Many of the current scenes are actually very simple and focused on specific elements and systems, so you maybe mean more of that type too?

And about the UI, do you mean to get new icons and designs for the example menus and panels on the asset?

I want to find some UI artist probably this year to make dedicated designs for the asset, and improve more its aspect, to match better the quality of the asset (if any UI designer is here who is able to make icons, and UI panels is here, send me a message, as I would like to renovate most part of that asset on my asset ;) ).

And about character selection, the initial character can be selected on the home menu, as part of the armor/cloth system:

And it will be extended, to allow to set initial qualities and abilities based on the class or armor set selected.

Regards.

11. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an example of the slice system being used on the player from enemy attacks:

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  12. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a WIP example of the full body awareness with 2 players in local multiplayer with split screen and melee weapons:

Regards.

Mark_01, blacksun666 and EN_Games like this.
  13. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

More improvements on the FBA, including an option to keep the full root motion instead of different physics values for each movement type. Also, the action system allows to make changes to third person during specific actions on FBA, like showing a parry counter or a special attack:

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  14. sr388

sr388

HI everyone.

I have been improving more the AI on vehicles, and doing tests to make sure the AI characters can properly get on vehicles by them self and drive around:

In that clip, the vehicle is being driven by an AI character, allowing to enter by it self on the vehicle.

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  15. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here some more work on the AI on vehicles, where the AI characters can now locate vehicles on scene to use and reach them, to drive to any place on scene:

Regards.

16. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

More progress on AI vehicles, allowing to reverse the movement direction if there is an obstacle in front blocking the path (it will be tweaked for better results):

The regular AI can now locate them on scene, get on once reached and drive around, while the player can also get in as passenger:

The options will allow to basically steal the vehicle from the AI characters, throwing them out.

Regards.

17. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an example on the AI getting on a vehicle and moving around a group of waypoint (through the AI patrol system which is usable on vehicles now) and the player stealing the vehicle:

I have added an option to create the patrol on AI to allow to, use the same patrol on any amount of AI characters, instead of having one for each one, so that will be available on the new update too:

Regards.

Mark_01, EN_Games and blacksun666 like this.
  18. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a quick (and very bad) test of the improved swing system inspired in spiderman games (it is an extended behavior of the grappling hook) with a better movement and control:

Ignore the player crossing through some meshes, it is the incorrect collision which is calculated in runtime by a google map generator tool.

Of course, max distance of the surface detection for the web swing can be adjusted, to be shorter.

Here after some tweaks and improvements, including animations according to the swing state, and options to just hold the input and make the player to chain swing after swing, with delay options in between each one.

Also, now it has an option to detect close surfaces if a main surface is not found on the raycast camera center, so this is much closer to spiderman gameflow for this action.

Regards.

Mark_01, 8esBabys, Razmot and 2 others like this.
  19. Razmot

Razmot

For once, I strongly disagree with you, that is not a very bad test :)

sr388 likes this.
  20. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Very good day of progress the last few days I have been working on finishing many elements, including performance and other stuff along elements related to the main update here an example of having an enemy not visible on scene and can be only seen with the smartphone device (just playing with the layer render on main camera):

Regards.

Mark_01, 8esBabys and EN_Games like this.
  21. sr388

sr388

Sorry, forgot to mention you in my previous reply. Thanks, it is very appreciated to hear that, the swing feels much better now for the upcoming update :)

Regards.

22. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I added an option on the full body awareness to use root motion if that view is active, instead of using different force values applied according to input, so you can use any of both types:

Also, it checks if an action has been activated to avoid to allow movement until the action is properly finished. The no root motion option on FBA allows to set each movement value separately, to adjust the forces to apply as needed:

Regards.

Unleaded-Games and EN_Games like this.
  23. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

More work done, including more performance improvements, like an option for the animator to enable/disable layers when needed.

This improves performance, as layers not active avoid time ingame if I understood correctly how unity handles the animator along with this, other very good performance in the code for some main managers stuff is going to be applied, along others on the AI:

Regards.

Unleaded-Games and EN_Games like this.
  24. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an example of the improved patrol system for AI, as a single patrol can be used for any amount of AI (before, each AI needed to use its own patrol), allowing a faster customization.

Also, an option to reverse the movement direction has been added, so an AI can walk through the regular order of waypoints and others on reverse.

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  25. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an option to allow to keep last movement input on jump, to keep the player forces in that direction for a certain amount of time (both options available to customize):

This jump is used for example on breath of the wild, where there is no air control, as you make a jump on place or toward a direction.

JauUhoo.gif

Regards.

26. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an example of how the health system allows to set multiple collider surfaces to detect damage on a single character or object, in case extra parts are needed besides the regular capsule collider used on characters:

I also improved the ignore collision component, in order to allow a better configuration to avoid any extra part to push the character main collider, so they ignore each other properly, here how it was configured for the example.

ignore_collisions.PNG
    The extra colliders can be placed inside the skeleton or as direct childs of the health object it self.

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  27. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Good day of work, I also improved the generic model system, as they can be rotated to the surface, inside a range of max inclination, which can be customized easily (and of course, disabled):

Regards.

28. kimtomom06

kimtomom06

How to Integrate RCC to GKC?

29. sr388

sr388

Here, there is a tutorial for it:

Let me know your results.

Any external vehicle controller can be configured on GKC with the general drive/rider system, which allows to set any type of external vehicle or animal controller easily. There are about 15 different tutorial video examples for this system, as the workflow is always the same, being just a matter of adjust the events to call for the pause/resume state on the vehicle it self, locating the proper functions for it on that side.

Regards.

30. kimtomom06

kimtomom06

It worked Wonderfully! Im happy with my purchase!

sr388 likes this.
  31. sr388

sr388

Very happy to hear that. As always any suggestion to improve the asset in any aspect possible is welcome ;)

Btw, I will take the opportunity to say that a rate/review of the asset in the asset store always helps a lot, getting feedback and opinion from it, of course, with your sincere opinion and once you have tried the asset enough. No rush or feel forced to it, just remember to tell this to users from time to time haha.

Regards.

32. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

The AI can now handle properly its state on 2.5d view, so they can be used on that mode for the new version too, locking its depth position in the same way as the player (I will add a couple of tweaks):

Regards.

EN_Games and StevenPicard like this.
  33. kimtomom06

kimtomom06

upload_2023-7-11_13-8-35.png
    We will contact you again because there is something strange. The character's crotching animation appears strangely as shown in the picture above. It appears like this from the first time I download and run the asset. Is there a way to fix it?

34. sr388

sr388

Not sure what crotchign animation you mean.

You need to import this animation package from the public repository of the asset:

https://github.com/sr3888/GKC-Public-Repository

It is better explained in the doc and a pop up on the asset the first time you play any scene. It is a group of animations used on the action system examples and the melee combat, just as placeholder, so you can replace them at any moment. Any animation will work, and these will be assigned automatically.

Once you import the package, close and open unity, and voila, all configured by it self. You can use this alternative link for the animations package if you prefer:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HYzd4yvKP8qU4HZEyV2D6wJ794EkMkqW/view?usp=share_link

Let me know your results, no rush.

Regards.

35. kimtomom06

kimtomom06

Sorry for misspelling I ment crouching, The animation looks like the picture here is the video of it

Attached Files:

36. sr388

sr388

Yes, that is what the animations package that I put does, as it contains a part of the animations used, so make sure to follow the steps that I put before, you can get the direct package file, import and once imported, close and open unity.

Regards.

37. sobek

sobek

This looks awesome! Looking forward to the next version. When do you think it will be released? :)

sr388 likes this.
  38. sr388

sr388

Thanks, much appreciated to hear that :)

It is part of the upcoming update which I am finishing, as I have a couple of main tasks and minor things to adjust and test, but it shouldn't take more than a few more than 1 week approximately.

I have a few more clips about it that I will keep posting and shortly after finishing the update, I will also make a new "what is new?" video, for a quick summary of all the new stuff :D

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  39. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

The beta of the upcoming update 3.7 is ready, so any user of the asset who wants to give a try, send me a PM here on the forum.

In the meantime, I have adjusted the ground adherence on the AI too, so it behaves like in the player (which is easy since both use the same components):

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  40. LuciaSystem

LuciaSystem

Sometimes, An Error Concenered "CalculatePolygonPath" have caused... How can I resolve it ?

After animation of opening a door, in time of locomotion , the Error caused....

Error Info is this....
    "CalculatePolygonPath" can only be called on an active agent that has been placed on a NavMesh.
    UnityEngine.AI.NavMeshAgent:CalculatePath (UnityEngine.Vector3,UnityEngine.AI.NavMeshPath)
    playerNavMeshSystem:checkRaycastPosition (UnityEngine.Ray) (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Point And Click/playerNavMeshSystem.cs:897)
    playerNavMeshSystem:checkRaycastPositionWithVector3 (UnityEngine.Vector3) (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Point And Click/playerNavMeshSystem.cs:782)
    playerActionSystem/<setPlayerWalkStateCoroutine>d__149:MoveNext () (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Action System/playerActionSystem.cs:1116)
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine (System.Collections.IEnumerator)
    playerActionSystem:setPlayerWalkState (bool) (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Action System/playerActionSystem.cs:1056)
    playerActionSystem:updateOnAnimatorMove () (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Action System/playerActionSystem.cs:1347)
    playerActionSystem:OnAnimatorMove () (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Action System/playerActionSystem.cs:1244)
    playerController:OnAnimatorMove () (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Player/playerController.cs:4116)

41. sr388

sr388

The action system, used on the player and AI to play new actions based on animations, allows to use navmesh to reach a place before playing the animation, like checking the place of the door on scene, to reach its proper position before opening.

It is a configurable option on the action system it self, and if active, make sure to bake the navmesh on scene or disable the option to use navigation on the action system of that object (a kind of rotate/move object option is also available, to magnet the character to the proper rotation/position of the object if needed too).

You can see the navmesh stuff of unity here:

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/nav-BuildingNavMesh.html

And here a tutorial example of the action system for external objects and fixed places on scene:

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  42. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here some more tests on AI on 2.5d mode:

Regards.

EN_Games and blacksun666 like this.
  43. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here some tests on the 2.5d with AI:

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  44. egem2015

egem2015

Hi Santi again,

How are you? i hope you are doing fine.

as i said before i hope you can find a good designer for character , ui and environment.

Anyway i want to ask a question.

2.5 d is looking awesome but

can you make a scene within same conditions for enemy and player?

i mean both are using weapons or melee or hands something.

thanks in advance.

Sincerely King Regards.

sr388 likes this.
  45. sr388

sr388

Hi, sorry for the wait to reply, I arrived late at home yesterday.

Starting mode or weapons on both player and AI is very easy to adjust, as it is the same workflow on them.

The player has the initial inventory list and you can also set the initial mode as well:

Let me know if that is clear. There is few demo scenes with the player and AI on melee mode for example and of course, the player and AI can change of mode or weapons ingame too.

Do you mean maybe have player and AI using the same type of weapons on the 2.5d demos or something else?

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  46. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I added an option on the main fire weapons manager to set any offset on the default position on character's body at once for all the weapons, allowing a faster customization, instead of one by one (which of course, can be adjusted separately too):

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  47. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here the quick mode input system, which allows to configure direct input actions to select a weapon directly to use and activate its attack right away this allows to use any attacks instantly, without wait times to holster/draw previous weapon or next one and also allowing instant player's mode change, including any, from fire weapons, to melee, close combat, use bows, powers, abilities, etc...

So you can expect a fast and simple control like in hyper light drifter:

61146.gif

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  48. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I added a filter option on the main character list settings, to improve the workflow of this customization on player/AI, which can be used at any moment on already created characters:

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  49. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I forgot to configure an example of the free climb system which has surfaces which avoid the player from climb into them, even when already climbing, to avoid to move into their direction, so I configured it for the upcoming update 3.7:

It just uses a layer check to ignore objects, so based on your input direction, it can detect these objects, and avoid movement into them.

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  50. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I am adjusting the improved animation posture for the fire weapons on AI, and testing weapons on them.

Hans, bring the flamethrower!

Regards.

EN_Games and Felixsg like this.