Search Unity

50% OFF Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.7%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.2%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.3%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.4%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.7%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.5%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.5%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sr388

sr388

Ok. Like I said, everything works fine when I tried it. For the current pc demo you can edit the keyboard input and save/load it, even if the game is closed. For the gamepad, I have assigned most buttons and axis to some actions, but there are some of these actions without a gamepad button.

Anyway. I will wait your results.

2. hopeful

hopeful

I tried the 2nd demo when it was released, and could only get WASD to work. Space and ESC, for instance, would not work.

3. sr388

sr388

Ok I have created a new build (just in case the second was corrupted) and I have tested in two different pc and in both worked, creating the controls file too. So I can't understand why the demo doesn't work correctly in your case.

I have removed the first and second build links to avoid confusions.
    Here the new build: PC demo
    If in this build controls like jump, aim, etc... don't work, try this other demo with the option to load the custom input disabled (you can edit the input too): PC demo 2

Yes, I have not disabled the models of the jetpack and guns in sphere mode yet. This will be finished, don't worry.

EDIT: if anyone tries the demo and want to tell me the result, you can do it by private message too.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  4. BryanO

BryanO

Is there a multiplayer version?

5. sr388

sr388

Hi BryanO.

Not yet, this summer I had planned to start with the online, but I hadn't time due to other projects.
    Some time ago I decided that I will start with local multiplayer first in the same PC with 2-4 players. Once that is done, it will be used as base to the online part.

The good part is that most parts of the asset have been improved or remade, making the first steps for the local multiplayer mode.

Also, I want to ask to those who have tried the newest pc demo, did the controls work? or it happens like some users that only direction keys and mousework? I have tried that demo in 9 different pc and in all of them the controls work perfectly, so I can't explain why some users can't use the controls correctly.

Regards.

6. hopeful

hopeful

Just tried it, and I can't get ESC or space bar to work, but WASD works, so same as before. I'm using Task Manager to exit.

7. sr388

sr388

In the post which contains the last demo I have added another link with the same demo but with the option to save/load the input manager disabled, so it doesn't read the configuration from a file, but from the values asigned in the inspector, in this case, the default control. You can still edit and save them, but it won't be charged in the next executation of the game. That should work for now.

I still don't understand what can be the cause of that. From the first version of the custom input manager, it saves the controls scheme in a binary file in the default Application.persistentDataPath. So maybe that could be the cause, if the user hasn't administrator privileges (or something similar).

In the first demo, after play it, you should get a file called buttonsMap.txt, where the input manager save/load any configuration in the controls, in this path:

C:\Users\yourPCUserName\AppData\LocalLow\Two Cubes\Gravity Twist Controller 2_3

Like before, if anyone try the demos, tell me if they work or not.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  8. JoelAcuna

JoelAcuna

I managed to open the demo correctly, there are functions that are not processed, the option to save the game and the jetpack, it is not allowed to jump. The rest is perfect.

9. sr388

sr388

Hi JoelAcuna.

Sorry for the late reply, yesterday was a pretty busy day and I hadn't been able to respond and thanks for the feedback.

That happened wth the first or the second link? Do you mean all the controls worked?

Yes, in the jetpack, the player can't jump (at least not right now) because the jump key is the one that enables the jetpack.

And about the save game, do you mean you can't save or load or both?

I still trying to find what is the cause of this issue. Maybe some permission to create the file in the default path. I will add an option to use a relative path inside the project in editor mode and in the data folder in case of the build.

Btw, if anyone tries the demo and want to tell me the result, you can do it by private message too.

10. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I think that I have found the cause why people was unable to use the controls correctly. Those people that tried previous demos or own the asset, should have a file called buttonsMap.txt, where the custom input is stored and read when the game is opened (according to the option selected in the input manager inspector).

In the new version 2.3.6 (and the current two demos) there are new actions added for this update and also, in the class used for the custom input, there is a new variable for the gamepad.

So, the old file was being loading, but due to the new variable used for the gamepad, the actions list wasn't loaded correctly.

The only action needed to test the demo of this page is to delete the previous buttonsMap.txt in the path C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\LocalLow\Two Cubes\Gravity Twist Controller 2_3 , to avoid read the old version of the input.

Once that is done, the first demo link in this page of the forum should work, allowing to use all the controls and edit/save/load them.

If you any could try this, please tell me the results.

And about the vehicles, I am going to make an auxiliar system for vehicles to control their input, allowing to define a list of actions for any vehicle, so this will show easilly every action that a vehicle can do just by taking a look at the inspector. Along with this, there will be an option to show these controls list in the game, as a simple instructions window for the player (some vehicles could have a couple of controls and others has a long list of actions to do for example).

Regards.

hopeful, Adrad and emperor12321 like this.
  11. Brandon_Powell

Brandon_Powell

The above fix worked for me, and i got to play with the demo a lot, would like to mention a few minor bugs encountered, the zipline has a weird animation where the legs don't keep up, and then it kills me on the bottom, the regular number pads don't seem to work, the "press T to use" icon never appears (the hackable ones do) and on the ring where the computer terminals and room open switch, there is an invisible collider blocking off the area with the piston machine.The elevator call button did not seem to call the elevator. Very minor is also that on the lasers the blue target collider is slightly misplaced ( i noticed that from the current release, fixed it by slightly moving the target collider) and the teleport pad near the healing machine is slightly too high to step onto normally.

lol , long list, but only because this asset has an astounding number of features to play with. Overall, i'm loving the new update, particularly with save/load and inventory, this really is becoming the definitive complete game controller.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  12. sr388

sr388

That never happened to me, I will check it.

Those terminals are like in doom 3, set the camera to first person, move close to them (you will see that the mouse icon will follow your view), move the camera to the number you want to press and press the interaction button (T by default) to press the number in the center of the camera.

There is an option to use those same terminals by pressing interaction button (T), so the camera is moved to that terminal and then be used like other devices in the asset (both type of terminals are in the demo, so you can try both system of interaction)

I didn't notice that neither, I will check it too.

That happens on porpuse, to test the inventory system along with the elevator it self. The elevator is locked, you need to go to the floor where the elevator is, go to the button in the left of it and use the key of the inventory to unlock the elevator door. Once that is done, you can call it from any floor and use it.

There is another locked door in the rooms at the right side of the demo scene, one with an hologram, which use the same key in the inventory. This key has set only one use (in the inspector you can configure the number of uses of every object), so you can unlock just one door at the same time in the current demo.

Another thing that I will check. About the teleport pad, I only made a simple cube as placeholder. I will make a "cooler" model to make these teleport pads more visible and easy to locate.

Don't forget to check the cartels close to most parts of the scene, which explain different features. Their text are showed when you are close to one of the cartels.

Don't worry, I always love this type of comments, so I can resolve issues that I didn't notice, or explain something that can be confusing. Also, almost everyday I am improving or adding some options or finishing some uncompleted systems.
    Thank you very much for this great feedback.

Regards.

13. Brandon_Powell

Brandon_Powell

well, played for a few more hours, and it looks like the target reticle hits the aircraft causing the weapons to shoot at the aircraft instead of whatever is past it that you are shooting at.

it's still crazy fun to fly tho :)

14. sr388

sr388

I am happy to hear that is cool to drive it, one of the things that I focus is to make every part fun and easy to use, and it seems that I am doing right (or almost right haha).

Yes, according to the size and shape of the vehicle and the rotation limit configured for the weapon, you can fire at your own vehicle (in case the option to shoot in the camera direction is enabled, there is an option to shoot in the forward direction of the weapon).

I will add a function to make the fired projectiles ignore the vehicle that you are driving.

Btw, I have almost completed the new camera system for vehicles, and like with the player, you can configure any amount of camera states (third/first person, fixed, moved away, looking backward, placed in the side of the vehicle, etc....) that you need and change between them ingame, setting the order that you want (allowing to set a rotation limit too).

After that, I will add the system that I said before to configure the actions list for vehicles. Also, I have improved the inventory manager to use these objects in any place and the ability to slow down the fall of the player using jump button now works perfectly (it had an issue before).

Regards.

15. TymNetwork

TymNetwork

Can hardly wait!

sr388 likes this.
  16. sr388

sr388

I know that feel bro.

Sorry for the silence these days. I have been working in the new camera system for vehciles and the system to configure easily a list of actions for any object and some general improvements.

This action list is "universal", so it doesn't work only for vehicles, it could be use in any object which use any key to be controlled, like the player, vehicles, security cameras, .... allowing to define any key, keyUp, keyDown and mouseWheel action.

These two systems are already completed and added to every vehicle too. I will make a quick video to show them soon (along with other parts that I want to show too).

Also, I am working in a company for the master practices (two weeks already, I will finish this practices in april), but I am using most of my free time to finish this update. I will keep you informed of the state of the update, but it is very close to be finished.

Regards.

neoshaman, Knightwing and hopeful like this.
  17. Knightwing

Knightwing

I think everyone is excited to try out the new update, and then eager for the next update to come too :D

But don't push yourself to exhaustion to get it done, we don't want you burning out and disappearing because you got too stressed from rushing to get more and more things into the asset.

Anyway, keep up the awesome work when you can, you have already provided a fantastic asset with some incredible potential and I'm quite (patiently) excited to see what you do with it next.

Quick question: will items/quests/states be persistent (able to be saved to other levels)? For example, if I find an item in scene 1, will I still have it in my inventory if I go to another scene/level?

sr388 likes this.
  18. sr388

sr388

Thank you very much for your message Knightwing, it means a lot for me to read this support feedback. Don't worry, I won't never leave this asset, neither this wonderful community (I am kind of addict to all of it).

Sincerely, I couldn't even tell you when this asset (not the update, but the asset itself) could be fully completed, because I have a huge (and I mean a really huge) todo list, so you can be sure that this asset will be updated and supported for a lot of years. I always enjoy to work on it (though sometimes I can be a little stuck xd)

Of course, that is the main idea for the inventory and the save system. For update 2.3.6, the save system only will contain basic info (save scene, position to place, time played, save date, chapter name, capture of the scene and similar).

But in the next update, which will be take lees time to be released, this system will save more information, like inventory, player state, experience, level, power improvements, powers and weapons unlocked, weapons addons, captures in game with a photo mode using a gallery, mission/quest system, objects unlocked (like doors, evelators....) and any similar stuff that could be stored/loaded.

Regards.

Knightwing likes this.
  19. Knightwing

Knightwing

That's fantastic! The next update sounds like exactly what I am looking for.

sr388 likes this.
  20. makeshiftwings

makeshiftwings

Still looking forward to 2.3.6. Also want to echo Knightwing; don't try to add fifty billion features and satisfy every single poster in this thread's requests all at once. You'll definitely burn out and end up hating your own project. ;) Focus on getting out what's already mostly done.

sr388 and hopeful like this.
  21. RangePlusOne

RangePlusOne

Hey folks! I'd like to ask if anyone has successfully integrated this into the Realistic FPS prefab? I'd love to know how to do that if so!

22. sr388

sr388

Hi RangePlusOne.

Currently there is no full compatibility with Realistic FPS prefab, though they could work togheter with some additions. In the current update that I am working, I have added weapons to the player in third person, and very soon he will be able to use them in first person too, so you will have a solid first person system with weapons too.

That is the reason why this asset has not being fully integrated with x asset, because I want to focus in make my own systems for every useful part, like custom input, first/third person, weapons, vehicles, inventory, map, save/load system, etc...

Once the most importants parts are done, I will work to integrate GTC with most used asset.

Feel free to ask any doubt.

Btw, I have been improving a lot of parts, adding custom editor to some inspectors and finishing the new vehicle controllers, so the asset is closer to the update.

Regards.

neoshaman likes this.
  23. hopeful

hopeful

For me, I'm not looking for any official GTC integrations, as I know that is a fairly endless procedure and development energy drain. There are so many plugins out there that people use and the integrations often have to be adjusted with each Unity version and each plugin version. And then you have to make sure, as a user, you've downloaded the version of GTC that works with the versions of the plugins you're using ....

With GTC I like looking at how various issues were approached and then maybe adapting them out for my own use. Also, GTC helps with prototyping, as you can get a lot of functionality fast.

sr388 and neoshaman like this.
  24. sr388

sr388

That is one of the main problem with adding integration with other assets, it takes an important amount of time (taking into account the type of asset which is being developing and the developing team size) and also, sometimes you need to change some parts according to the updates in those other assets.

Btw, I have just added an option to configure the path file to save the custom input manager (and any other system which store info into a file) along with the file name. Also, I have made the basic flying mode system for the player with some procedural movements in the players body, to make it look cooler.

Finally, I have complete the shake camera system for vehicles, allowing to configure different shakes states, just like with the camera controller, so you can set a shake for boost, fallings, damage from explossions/projectiles, using the gravity system in vehicles, etc....

The todo list for the update is almost empty, which is nice.

Regards.

neoshaman likes this.
  25. hopeful

hopeful

Just to be clear ... I do have a ton of other assets and I do appreciate being able to use them together. However, it seems like there must be an easier way to go about it, like following a design principle that somehow naturally makes things more compatible with each other.

In the recent past, Unity didn't even have namespaces, and plugin writers wrote as if their plugin was the only one in the world. Things have improved a bit. I think it's a better idea to compose each plugin with the idea of being "friendly" to other plugins; where everything is compartmentalized such that basic systems like input, GUI, tags, layers, and so on can be easily changed or replaced.

I bought one code asset on the store ... it was clearly composed with the idea that no one should be able to read it or change it very easily, everything was hardcoded. That's not the way to go. ;)

TymNetwork, Razmot and sr388 like this.
  26. Razmot

Razmot

Yeah, I agree with you hopeful. There are ways to organise the code to be customization friendly:
    - using virtual methods and protected fileds so we can override what we want in a subclass
    - doing facades classes for features that are good candidates for being replaced
    example : Pathfinding. If everything that involves pathfinding / navmesh in the asset is only calling methods in a "PathFindingFacade" class then we can just reimplement this class and we wont have to dwelve into the asset code.

sr388 and hopeful like this.
  27. TymNetwork

TymNetwork

Did I miss the update?

28. sr388

sr388

Not yet. I still working on it and it is really close to be finished. A month ago I started the practices in a company, so my free time has been reduced, but I always try to get back to the update, no matter what.

I am the first who want to release it, but it needs a little more of time, I want to make sure to accomplish the better quality. The wait will really worth it.

Regards.

29. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Just a quick update.

I have added a system to create and edit quick and easily a waypoint path for the player, for example for a part in a mission where the player has to reach a certain amount of positions in the level. It has a lot of options like:
    • Reach the waypoints in order or not.
    • The radius to trigger each waypoint.
    • Show (or not) a waypoint icon offscreen for each waypoint.
    • Show (or not) a map icon in the minimap for each waypoint.
    • Show (or not) the distance to each waypoint.
    • Configure the object and function to trigger when the path is complete.
    • The option to use a timer to complete the path, with minutes and seconds.
    • Increase this timer in x amount of seconds for each waypoint.
    • Very easy to reset and stop the path.
    • Very complete editor to add, remove and edit every waypoint with info in screen.
    Here a gif:

Animation2.gif

Animation14.gif

Also, now in the inventory inspector you can see the icon assigned to every inventory object like a preview.

The only parts left for the update are just a couple of options more for the AI and a couple of improvements for the player and vehicles. So again, the update is very close to be complete.

Regards.

Knightwing, Adrad, neoshaman and 2 others like this.
  30. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone (again).

I just want to show you a quick video about the waypoint path system with all the features added. I think it looks really nice with all the sounds, options and simplicity. Here the video:

Regards.

31. Sarrivin

Sarrivin

Hi. Amazing. So this waypoint system is all AI movement?

I have a very specific question though - I've bought your asset some time ago, but with the intent of using it creatively in a fantasy oriented, NavMesh (or maybe A* Pathfinding sometime later...) based game. I wanted to use it just for special abilites like climbing walls / ceilings like spider (it would be a temporary ability, a spell), etc.
    Also, I want to have wall climb ability "on-demand" and climb ladders ability for AI movement. So, I need players to be able to go from point A to point C, where point B would be a ladder.
    Example: you're standing on the ground at point A, click a place on top of the walls (point C, horizontal surface), then player goes to the ladder, climbs it (this is point B, character is crawling on the ladder, vertical surface) and goes to point C (horizontal surface).
    Probably somewhere NavMesh would be turned off when starting with point B (ladder) and turned on again on horizontal surface on top of the wall (C). It would probably involve changing character controller components, because NavMesh uses AI pathfinding and as I understand Gravity Controller isn't compatible. Or maybe there's a better way.

Do you think this is possible with your Gravity Twist Controller?
    I thought, maybe I could just change orientation of player when he's on the wall, so he's not standing on it, but crawling, using such animation. So that would make it seem like's climbing. Not sure how to do all that though - there should be some transition.

So I need just 2 features:
    1. Manually steered, "spider-climb" ability
    (turned on or off) to climb on walls and maybe ceilings, without AI nav-mesh movement of course, so it's easier to apply.
    If possible: also with AI movement of that type - so that not only players could use that ability in combat. Imagine spiders attacking from walls, ceilings and floor, or a wizard casting spells from ceiling or high wall, so that no warrior can reach him.

2. Manual and AI simple ladder and wall climb.
    I imagine it like that, but correct me if there are better ways - I specify objects that are "climbable". It could be ladder, it could be whole castle wall. When I climb wall, I will use some check, and if person fails, it can't climb or stops climbing and falls from the wall (checks will be repeated after some distance or time, on fail - ability is "switched off" and character falls, takes damage).
    Would also like ability to make all surfaces climbable or all unclimbable via some function (but hey, that's probably exactly what "spider-climb" form point is...).
    Point is, player should be able to move like that and AI should be able to follow him.

Please correct me if you see better ways to do all that.

I hope it's not too hard to make it possible - your Gravity Twist Controller already does incredible things. Some look similar, that's why I bought it. Could you help me with tunning your system to such needs when I start working on this?

Ps. All that would seem like great additions to your Gravity Controller, so if you'd like to add them to your code, I'd be really thankful of course. No other system does such things yet, so you'd be the only in Asset Store. Either way, I need to implement it somehow.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
    sr388 likes this.
  32. Sarrivin

Sarrivin

UPDATE:
    Holy heck, I see you've already started creating AI follow. And it's on NavMesh.

I read your comment about Pathfinding. Well, but what if we just turned of pathfinding for a moment, just under the wall/ladder and made character move by code to the top, and then turned on pathfinding on NavMesh again? With ability to switch from pahfinding to manual movement?

I don't know how it works, but I've seen many games in the past where AI followed people even via ladders. First game that comes into my mind - check out free D&D Online client. In that game you can hire henchmen even at start of the game, and they will follow you through ladders too. If they get stuck somewhere (really rare), you have a button to teleport them near you.

So, if we had that and just expanded it on whole walls, the problem would be solved I guess. At least for simple use in game like I described, but that's a starting point to anything, probably.

Thing that I can't grasp yet though is how to make AI controller try to reach the surface which it can't reach normally. Maybe we should just fool it a bit, making some link below wall (off-mesh link?) and then "catching" that character, switching it to ladder/wall climb mode, switch AI Controller off, move that character by some code/AI or manually (depends which mode you chose, with ability to change anytime) to the top, and switch AI controller/NavMesh pathfinding on again.

sr388 likes this.
  33. sr388

sr388

Thanks Sarrivin and thanks for your interest in the asset. No, this waypoint system is to show different positions which the player has to reach in some parts of the game, for example, there is a mission where he can unlock an update for a weapon/power or get an object from an NPC, so he has to walk throught these positions, with the option of using a timer, show all the positions at once or one by one, check if the player goes in order or not, increase the timer with every position reached, etc...

You can see in this video an example of use of this feature (also I would like to add that type of gravity slide in the asset too):

GTC is compatible with NavMesh, in fact, I am adding AI which uses that system to move (they will be able to use other methods/pathfinding assets like A* or any system that a user could create, so it can be changed easily). What it is difficult (not impossible) is to make a system to make AI able to walk in walls, ceils, any other surface not reachable with NavMesh.

What could be done is a "ladder system", to indicate to an AI that to reach the top of the wall (point C), there is a ladder, which like you said, the navmesh is disabled or not used while the AI is climbing, and then enabled again. I think that this can be done with offmeshlink.

Yes, I think that for now, that system could work, setting positions in the scene to join the a navigable floor to another floor in a higher position.

The AI is something that almost I have just started to add to the asset (I started to work on it since a couple of months approximately), but right now it has already a lot of options. But I want to add all kind of features and options to it, making it able to follow the player to any surface, able to fight, shoot, help, hide, run away from other characters, get in and off from vehicles, vehicles with AI too, AI able to take pickups with health, ammo, weapons, ... to use in themselves or to give to the player, give orders to every AI friend or all of them, set the position where they have to go easily, etc...

So yeah, from the current update to following, I will keep improving the AI, so you can expect that kind of behaviour soon.

Tell me any other doubt that you could have.

PS: I have just read your second message which you posted while I was writing this, and I think that you almost read my mind haha. Yes that is the initial version of the AI, but you can be sure that it will be improved to insane levels.

Regards.

Sarrivin likes this.
  34. neoshaman

neoshaman

Damn if you can make a freeform navigation system you will hit the graal!
    I don't know anyone else doing the same.

sr388 and Sarrivin like this.
  35. Sarrivin

Sarrivin

Yup, got it now. Great thing too, just solves another purpose.

That's great, really looking forward to it then. If you complete it, I'll guess you'll be a rich Asset seller, heheh. Nobody else done that for Unity ever, especially pathinding on verticall and other surfaces. Probably even a contender for official Unity award.
    For just pathfinding, I'll probably ask about it in A* Pathfinding forums, maybe guy developing it will provide some solution. Maybe he already has some. But anyway, I'd still prefer NavMesh (universal, lightweight) and don't have money of paid A* thing yet.

Yeah, so I'll try that and post here about my progress :). I may have some questions, we'll see.

Also, I'll be using your pack for that spider climb anyway, even without AI at first. So I guess, implementation would be probably just an ability that is switched on (meaning, your walking on walls) and off. Movement would be manual, switching from NavMesh AI movement to WASD and back again on the floor.
    I think the only thing I'd need to add here is just a switch into crawling-on-the-floor animation, so that it looks like character actually climbs wall/ceiling. Or I could just make him crouch... heh. This could be very fun.

sr388 likes this.
  36. sr388

sr388

I can almost smell the money:

giphy.gif

Haha, now talking seriously, yeah, when I started to work in the gravity system, I searched a system that could be used in AI to move in walls and other surfaces, but I didn't find anything, due to gravity used in that way is uncommon and navmesh is limited to regular surfaces.

So I would like to give a try and make a system able to do this, but it will need time (I have worked with pathfinding systems, but in more simple projects, like tower defense for example).

Exactly, that is a good start point. Until I really start with the true pathfinding system, this is very similar to what I will make for the AI when I start to improve it (I would like to make a climb system similar to assassins creed too, but this is a non near future feature, there are some parts first, like AI, multiplayer, and similar).

Regards.

Sarrivin and hopeful like this.
  37. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Another quick update about the upcoming version 2.3.6. The weapon system for the player already works in third and first person. It allows to configure a lot of options for the sway an headbob in the weapon, with all the movements made by code, without animations.

Every weapon used in first person is the same gameObject used in third person, so you can configure the weapon for third/first person easily. Also, you can change between third and first person and draw/aim/keep the weapon without problem. Here the video:

I know the player's arms are not visible. In a future update they will, with full body awareness.

Regards.

StevenPicard likes this.
  38. makeshiftwings

makeshiftwings

This is what I've been waiting for! :)

Question though: Is it possible to use animations instead of the coded sway/bob? UFPS has bob and sway from code instead of animation, and while at first I thought it was cool, in the end it's a lot of math-heavy calculation bogging down the movement when a simple looped animation would work just as well. As more and more features get added to this, I'm worried it will end up like UFPS where it's incredibly difficult to disable a particular thing you don't want because everything is tied together so much.

39. makeshiftwings

makeshiftwings

One more question! How are you determining the start and end points of the bullet in third person mode? Games all do this differently with their own good and bad points. Does it travel from the actual gun on the player model to the aim point? Is the aim point determined by ray casting from the center of the screen directly forward to guess what the player's aiming at? So, if you're in third person mode and the avatar is behind a wall but the center aim is not behind the wall, do your bullets hit the wall or go through it?

40. sr388

sr388

I really wanted to work on it too :D

Of course. One of my objectives is allow to every user to use only those parts and options that they need, by using the inspector, without need to look in the code. If an option is disabled, its code is not being executed to avoid the problem that you say. I will include the option to use animations too.

Every bullet is fired from a position configured with an empty transform, so you can place it in any position of the weapon, The bullet can be fired with a physical gameObject with a speed to collide (disabled if after x seconds doesn't collide) or place the projectile directly in a point detected with a raycast fired from the main camera center. This bullet is rotated in the main camera direction and if a surface is found with a raycast, the bullet looks at that point to move in the correct direction.

Also, in first person, the weapons are rendered with a secundary camera, which only show the objects of the layer "weapons", to avoid the weapon mesh crosses through walls for example. In third person, the weapons are visible with the main camera. Here you can see how the weapon is showed correctly, even when the player is too close to a surface:

Captura.PNG

In this case, if the player shoots, the bullet is placed directly in the point reached with a raycast from the center of the screen, to work correctly.

Tell me any other doubts.

neoshaman and makeshiftwings like this.
  41. makeshiftwings

makeshiftwings

Awesome! Thanks for the quick answers. Sounds like everything will work smoothly in my case. :)

sr388 likes this.
  42. TymNetwork

TymNetwork

Lots of time has past.

43. sr388

sr388

I know and I am really sorry. Due to the work practices and the Master Degree Final Project, I have not as much free time as before, but I am working really hard in complete the update.

My main objective is to release a version perfectly polished without bugs and easy to use (for this update I have add a lot of custom editor for most part of components). I am not adding any other systems, just polishing and finishing the update.

Like I said before, I am the first person who wants to release this version, so I would be able to start to work on other assets ideas and in new systems/features for this asset as well. I only ask a little more of time, I will try to release it before the end of the year.

Regards.

neoshaman and StevenPicard like this.
  44. uni7y

uni7y

Take all the time you need! It would be great if you can publish the new version this month but if not for me it is not a problem... I'm very happy with what the current version. But if I have to be 100% honest... I can't wait for the new release also :)

StevenPicard and sr388 like this.
  45. sr388

sr388

Thanks men. I wouldn't never be able to tell how much I appreciate this support.

Btw, the weapons system is fully finished, with transitions between third/first and vice versa working perfectly. For this update there will be this pistol, a shotgun and a rifle. The dual weapons will be include after this update along with weapons with powers, extra abilities, upgrades, interchangeable accessories ingame, etc... (sorry for the bad gif, I need to find a better gif maker xd)

Animation7.gif

uni7y likes this.
  46. TymNetwork

TymNetwork

Don't get me wrong...check my profile... Seems I really only care about this kickassest!
    -
    I have been using your prototype - the set up for NON humanoids that are converted to humanoids cause the funniest positioning of the character. (legs up while driving and the awkward aim of the arm) but expensive rigged humanoid models seem to work best.
    -
    Seems that MIXAMO really does NOT set up the character correctly - 10% work ok, but still have positioning problems.
    -
    I also tried to mix the ANIMAL AI into copied projects and its making me say..... &%$#! ..... more.

Peace.
    --back to work! lol!

sr388 likes this.
  47. sr388

sr388

Hahaha, sounds fun, sometimes working with inverse kinematics, I see really weird things too (I will check mixamo models after update)

Oh no, I didn't mean that your comment made me mad, by support I was talking for every comment in this forum, showing interest for my work. The only person who I am mad is myself, for taking so much time for this update and for give so much incorrect release dates. I totally understand that any person want the update right now, I couldn't be more excited neither.

Regards.

48. TymNetwork

TymNetwork

BIG FAN! - Your asset will be very helpful to many people. The prototype is packed with many useful features.
    The others will have a blast when the final copy is added to the Assetstore.

I have been busy too preparing for the winter weather that is now upon us here in my area.
    Lots more time to explore the mixing of other assets to see the conflicts that may happen.

I have over 250 folders of copied project that I have added many different other assets to yours.
    50% have scripting issues on the other assets configuration, and 50% seem to work well.

Keep doing what you are doing...it will be worth the wait.

T

sr388 likes this.
  49. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Just a quick update. I have added the assault rifle model. Also, now there is an option to configure a projectile spread for every weapon and its value (this spread works for bullets with actual rigidbody speed and fired by raycast and when the player is really close to a surface in first person too). Now the position of the mini HUD in every weapon can be changed in first and third person.

Another option allows to configure the number of projectiles per shot, so for example, the shotgun can fire 5 projectiles in every shot, using only one bullet from the ammo (don't confuse with the option to set more than one bullet position, which can fire 2 projectiles or more in every shot, but using 2 bullets from the ammo, for example for a double barrel shotgun). Here a couple of gifs:

Without spread:
    Animation6.gif

With a little spread:
    Animation1.gif

Spread in shotgun along with multiple projectiles per shot (like a regular shotgun)
    Animation7.gif

And the assault rifle:
    Animation78.gif

Finally, another option for the touch controls, to configure the scale of every button from the input manager inspector allowing to set the same width/height or individual values for both. Anyway, back to work.

Regards.

50. TymNetwork

TymNetwork

Ready for a new year!

sr388 likes this.