Search Unity

50% OFF Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.7%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.2%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.3%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.4%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.7%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.5%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.5%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been improving the damage detection system, for a more accurate detection of surfaces to damage, specially for the close combat system along with adding an option to trigger the damage reaction system on characters with any type of damage received, allowing to configure that in the damage settings:

So you can set if an element that applies damage activates this reaction system (to play animations based on the damage position on the body of a character for example) separately, like firing weapons, close combat, melee combat, collisions with objects, etc...

I am going to make a couple of improvements more on it, to configure different reactions categories according to the mode of the AI, to be different according to if he is using fire weapons, or melee, or close combat, etc...

Regards.

2. ikemen_blueD

ikemen_blueD

@sr388 hi there, any news on the climbing support? Thanks ;)

sr388 likes this.
  3. sr388

sr388

The climb system will be added in two different parts.

In the first part, it will be a free climb system, similar to breath of the wild, allowing to climb any type of surface freely (with options to set if a surface can't be climbed and the rest do or viceversa) and another one more similar to assassins creed.

That will be during the last updates of 3.0 series before moving to 4.0. In between these two climb systems, I want to finish the integration with the climbing system asset of the store, so each user can decide which of these climb system to use, those which will be available and working out of the box inside GKC or integrate a external solution like that asset.

This is the asset I mean:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/systems/climbing-system-151612

I have to say that the climb system is one of the elements that I want to make since a long time ago and I am really excited to work on it, but like always, the time is the only limit right now when you are a one man team, but I am working as fast as possible to finish the new update asap, so I can work on the next content, along with more tutorial and documentation as well :)

Regards.

4. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been improving the hit reaction system, to allow to configure categories of damage reactions, so each mode can have its own reaction animations, so modes like melee or close combat have different damage hit reaction animations, since the character is fighting with different elements:

I need to tweak a couple of elements in the animator to improve the transition, but it is working properly, also I will add some random reactions on each damage direction (damage from the front, backward, left or right).

Regards.

Mark_01 and EN_Games like this.
  5. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here the improved element that I mentioned some weeks ago for the melee system, allowing to trigger remote events on the object that has been blocked perfectly, so this can be used for example when the player makes a perfect block, the remote event can change the animation speed on the AI for a few seconds (all configurable) to make it slower and allow more reaction time:

And another option will activate the bullet time in general (or just slow all enemies speed and keep the player speed the same) when he makes a perfect dodge/roll on attack (when the invulnerability time is active and he receives a damage that is avoided from this inside a time range), similar to bayonetta.

Regards.

MorpheusXI, DaftPuzzler and EN_Games like this.
  6. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I want to share another video with the progress of the user @kerria on his project developed with Game Kit Controller:

Regards.

7. MAVG

MAVG

hello again i have a Question

- On your next update the animator management code will be moved to another script to allowing the use of generic models? or that will be on another one?

sr388 likes this.
  8. sr388

sr388

Yes, I want to work on that part on the next update, after the upcoming one. Not 100% sure if the support of generic models will be ready for that update or the next after that, but it will be included on one of them without fault :)

Regards.

9. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here the option to slow down the enemies when doing a perfect dodge, similar to bayonetta (I have also improved the roll/dodge/dash system in third person, allowing to configure a list of different group of animations, like dodge, roll, slide, backflip, cartwheel, etc...., I will show more about that tomorrow):

Also, here a little preview of the new character model for GKC, replacing to the old ethan once and for all. It includes more blend shapes options and different outfits and will be very useful when I start to work on the armor/cloth system, as it contains separated pieces and the blend shapes will add more options types for the possible customization (which will be used for UMA as well):

Regards.

10. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone.

Game Kit Controller is 50% OFF for the April Sale on the Asset Store!

Also, here an example of the different types of dash/dodge/roll actions that can be configured in a list of different movements and which can be activated by each weapon separately, allowing to asset a type of roll/dodge to each melee weapon:

Each roll/dodge state can be configured for 4 or 8 directions according to movement input and has options to stop an attack to start the roll/dodge action.

Regards.

hopeful and EN_Games like this.
  11. MAVG

MAVG

sr388 likes this.
  12. sr388

sr388

Yes, I know this asset, got it back when it was released but didn't have too much chances to mess with it haha. From what I saw, it should be easy to use with any other asset, as it rewinds and manage most parts of the elements for animations, physics, states, particles, sounds, etc...

Regards.

13. MAVG

MAVG

an UMA system in game? YAY that was exactly what i wanted to communicate in my spore like suggestion

just one question.... are you going to make an integration with UMA 2? i think it would reduce effort and time in development as well as increase its power :rolleyes:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/uma-2-unity-multipurpose-avatar-35611

or are you going to make your own UMA system?

Awesome! im looking forward to it. thank you for this amazing asset

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    sr388 likes this.
  14. sr388

sr388

Happy to hear that :D

And yes, UMA 2 integration has been made for this upcoming update too, here you can see a test I made a few weeks ago:

So yeah, the armor/cloth system will be totally usable with UMA as well, along the customization of the character ingame ;)

Regards.

MorpheusXI, MAVG and EN_Games like this.
  15. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have posted a new poll for future features on GKC, replacing to the previous one, as multiple elements of the previous poll have been added or are in process to be added soon, so I made a new one to see what elements do you prefer to arrive sooner :D

Some of the elements that were in the previous poll and which will arrive soon are:
    • Crafting system
    • More improvements for AI

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  16. MAVG

MAVG

Nice!!!! :D:D:D thank you bro
    Another question/ Suggestion have you considered include a charge attack? something like this

i just thought it would be very cool to include

however taking in mind the "ability editor" in your asset i suggest to include the following moves that are

- pin down/immobilize an opponent (with option of doing an action (for example an attack) to the opponent once they are down) with also the option of "breaking free" for the enemies as well as the player pressing a key or with an event. making possible things like this:

- climb with the option of doing an action (for example "stab the colossus" ;)) once you are onto something
    - drag along/pick up a character with an ability (for exaple for dragging a character along with charge like in the charge video)

if those mechanics are already in your asset ignore this suggestions, im still exploring the amazing world of GCK, also they are optional as i want to know more about what do you think about them.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    sr388 likes this.
  17. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here another example of the reaction system, allowing to configure concrete reactions of a certain attack. For example, the last punch of the combo activates a reaction with an electrocuted animation, the kicks just use the regular damage direction to trigger each reaction according to that (with the last kick activating the push objects, which also pushes the enemy in front) and the first special attack (the multiple and quick punches) activates the stunned reaction:

So now you can set any type of custom reaction for damage on a certain attack that you need or use the default reactions based on the damage direction and the settings for it. The player has the reactions disabled, just to show the reactions on the AI on this video.

@MAVG yes, I want to add more action system examples for the interaction of the player and another character, like an AI grabbing you or attacking you when you get close enough or in a special attack of that AI.

About the drag ability, it would be something similar to this drain ability example:

So in another update, something similar could be added to move the AI along the player while he push that AI or similar situations.

Regards.

EN_Games, MorpheusXI, MAVG and 2 others like this.
  18. pallavimankame77

pallavimankame77

HI ! I am new user of GKC. a day before yesterday I bought this package from Unity Assets Store. I have few questions. I was following Video Tutorials provided by developer. I successfully replace custom game character as player but not able to add enemies into the level. If I do so my game will get stuck or pause. How to add enemies? is there any video tutorial updated my developer. Please help.

19. sr388

sr388

Hi @pallavimankame77.

First of all, thank you very much for your purchase :)

It sounds like the navmesh is not baked, it is possible? The AI on GKC uses navmesh system of unity to calculate the navigation. Let me know if you did that step or not, to know if it could be maybe something else.

Regards.

20. pallavimankame77

pallavimankame77

No ! I ma using Ethan character as an enemy.... I have not baked any navmesh. will you please tell me how to do it. do you have any Tutorials ? let me share my screen shot with you.

Attached Files:

21. sr388

sr388

Here you can see the steps for it:

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/nav-BuildingNavMesh.html

Let me know your results ;)

Regards.

22. pallavimankame77

pallavimankame77

Thank you very Much brother............problem solved ..... cheers

23. pallavimankame77

pallavimankame77

Hi there !! My game type is Zombie shooter. therefore I am adding enemy in combat mode. But those Combat AI only follows me incited of fighting like punch or kicks. am I missing something ?

Attached Files:

24. sr388

sr388

Glad to help :)

Not sure what you mean, do you mean that the AI is not attacking you or something else?

There is a package of animations that you can find in the public repository of GKC. In the section external files of the doc, you can see the steps to import it, it is very easy and quick.

Let me know if you mean this or something esle.

For the upcoming update, I have configured a zombie AI example, including zombie animations for movement and attacks. Here an example of the AI starting the game directly in zombie mode, and you can also see the option used to activate that mode, being just a single click to trigger that state from a list of different states which can be customized/added/removed, and which are used for example for the injured state as well:

Regards.

MorpheusXI likes this.
  25. pallavimankame77

pallavimankame77

Yes AI is not attacking ... Sure I will Try that later but first I am following your tutorials. right now I am watching
    Game Kit Controller (GKC) Tutorial #5: Input Part 1: Keyboard
    but there I Could not find LEVEL elements in my UNITY hierarchy. I want to try open & close door actions.
    thank you.

EN_Games likes this.
  26. sr388

sr388

Hi again, and sorry for the late reply, my intenet connection died a couple of hours ago and the 4G connection right now goes very bad.

About that tutorial, the level elements is just an empty object to organize the elements which were placed on the scene, as example for the tutorial.

The objects inside can be found in the prefabs folder. Let me know if you check that.

Regards.

27. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have made a showcase video of games which have been or are being developed using Game Kit Controller:

Also, the new update 3.03-1 is almost ready, including tons of improvements, additions, better workflow and tools, so you can focus on your game and leave the rest to GKC :)

Time to attack, protect and SLICE (sorry for the low quality of the gif, is hard to fit the size limit haha).

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

Regards.

28. pallavimankame77

pallavimankame77

Yes I Got It... Thank you... cheers

sr388 likes this.
  29. sr388

sr388

Glad to hear that. I am going to sleep now (it has been a long day), but will check any new message tomorrow as soon as I get up.

Good night :)

Mark_01 likes this.
  30. MAVG

MAVG

can ia states change behavior? for example form hostile to friendly etc.?

sr388 likes this.
  31. sr388

sr388

Yes, for the upcoming update, I have added options to change their faction ingame, allowing turn enemies into friends, allowing to give orders to them as regular friendly AI:

Also, there is an ability to turn AI into zombies, and in case they are enemies, they are also turned into friends:

The AI, like the player, can also change its attack mode at any moment, from close combat, to melee, fire weapons, powers mode and run away from other AI instead of fight, and more AI behaviors are planned too :)

Regards.

StevenPicard, Mark_01 and EN_Games like this.
  32. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I added the option to create neutral AI on the character creator, so it can be used at any moment along with the friend and enemy AI. By default, this AI won't follow the player or any other faction, neither attack, but with the faction system, you can customize its reaction if attacked.

Sin título.png

Also, by default, the AI is able to detect and follow a partner by configuring the faction to set as partner, which can be another AI and not only the player:

Regards.

33. Zax2015

Zax2015

The video explained the fix perfectly. Thanks so much. I just needed to add the Izzy Character herself to the extra mesh list. That removes everything when going to first person. Thanks again for such a complete and quick reply. Loving this system! This really is the single most complete game creation asset out there. And I've been around since the Genesis age of engines. Good job. Very well put together and easy to use. Tweaking it and making it our own is the fun part!

sr388, Mark_01 and hopeful like this.
  34. sr388

sr388

Hi @Zax2015.

Very happy it is working properly now and also, much appreciated to hear your kind words, it truly means a lot for me and motivates a lot to keep working harder on the asset to make it as good as possible :D

Btw, suggestions are also welcome, so don't hesitate to tell me any element or feature you consider interesting or useufl for the asset.

Also, I will take the opportunity to say that a rate/review of the asset in the asset store always helps a lot, getting feedback and opinion from it, of course, with you sincere opinion and once you have tried the asset enough. No rush or feel forced to it, I just remember to tell this to users from time to time (and avoid to spam it too much) :)

Regards.

Mark_01 likes this.
  35. Felixsg

Felixsg

HI, I buy this 2 mionutos ago, and I not use already, but I have a question
    I read is support emerald AI, I don´t know if I buy that AI for use with GKC

working well? worth buying?
    I know you have the idea to improve the internal AI of GKC by this I asking if Emerald AI is a good compliment
    thanks

note: My english not are very good and I convinced to buy this by the reviews and other forums comments

sr388 likes this.
  36. sr388

sr388

First of all, thank you very much for your purchase @felixsg, it is much appreciated :)

About emerald, I haven't used extensively, so I can't give an opinion covering the 100% of emerald elements, but so far, I think it is a solid AI, especially for animals and similar characters.

But there are probably other users here on in the discord channel of GKC who maybe can give their opinion about emerald. It is also recommend to check the unity forum of emerald, as it can help to get a proper opinion of the asset from the comments there.

There are planned more integrations with other AI solutions, including Honor AI (which is already and will arrive short after the release of the new update of GKC), behavior AI, invector AI and similar.

Of course, the GKC AI will keep receiving more improvements and tools, to make it as good and customizable as possible. Many improvements on it has been added, including its attack AI for close combat, melee and weapons, performance and more customization options :)

Regards.

Mark_01 likes this.
  37. MAVG

MAVG

Nice... this is coming together in an awesome way...

is a blessing having you doing this amazing work

Speaking of IA

if your asset has an ingame dialog system and faction system i thought that you could add an integration with Extreme AI https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/ai/extreme-ai-light-v3-155108 to make things more interesting ;) like having a relationship system.
    according to the description it allows you to create personalities for non-player characters that evolve during the course of a game based on interactions and events. Based on the Five-Factor model of personality, Extreme AI is "live" during the gameplay itself as NPCs' personalities are modified on the fly as they interact with players, other NPCs, and even the world around them.

At first i was going to suggest an integration with
    Love/hate https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/ai/love-hate-33063 but seeing that GKC already has a dialog and faction system i think the first asset is better suited.

tell me what you think :)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    sr388 likes this.
  38. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been improving the close combat AI brain, being now better and more effective, along with easier to be extended (also reaction system configured in the player for the close combat too):

@MAVG thanks, much appreciated to hear your kind words, and yes, integration with more AI solutions are planned and integration with pixel crushers assets are planned too, being quest machine and dialogue system the first too that will arrive shortly after finishing the new update.

Of course, the dialogue and mission system included on GKC will keep being improved and having more options and customization, as both have been also improved for the new update, including for example options to use animations for both NPCs and player while talking each other ;)

Regards.

39. Mark_01

Mark_01

The other AI, has not been updated once since release. To me at least that is always a red flag,
    of a potential developer not interested in their asset and likely will be deprecated in a few years.
    Pixel crushers I Trust. He has been around a long time and is always updating all his assets,
    and always answering non-related questions to people in Unity. IMHO....

40. hopeful

hopeful

TonyLi is one of the best at customer service and maintenance, that's for sure. (Thumbs up!)

StevenPicard, Mark_01 and sr388 like this.
  41. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an option example I configured for the damage reaction system, in this case, in the health component. When the AI health decreases, it has events configured to affect to the main probability multiplier used to activate damage reaction animations, lowering that amount, so he becomes more resistant to it while he is more and more close to die:

You can see close to the end he is almost not reacting to the attacks with an animation, and keeps attacking. That can be used for example to make enemies which becomes harder to kill when their health amount is closer to 0. Here a capture of the settings for it, which is very simple:

Captura.png

Regards.

StevenPicard, Mark_01 and Peppo87 like this.
  42. MorpheusXI

MorpheusXI

I have Love Hate and seems more popular product, I'd stick with Pixel Crusher first for that reason.

StevenPicard, Mark_01 and sr388 like this.
  43. MorpheusXI

MorpheusXI

Question about giving damage from upcoming zombie update. Is it possible to give damage from the face by some method, in case it's hungry ;)

sr388 likes this.
  44. sr388

sr388

Yeah, he is a very good developer and I can't wait to have the first two assets integrated with GKC :)

Yes, you can configure any type of attack, currently, by default, you can configure body parts which contains the damage triggers, so the attack activates the detection of object on those triggers, so besides limbs, you can activate damage from any other body part for that kind of attack.

Also, for the next update after the new release, I want to configure some examples of attacks of the AI to the player where he is grabbed, similar to resident evil games. There are already examples of animations shared between two characters, usually, the player attacking or killing the AI, so I want to configure examples for the other way around haha.

For example, during the wander around state, I have configured examples where you can kill the AI with a stealth kill:

Here you can see how the triggers to activate the action system with the shared animations works:

So the player only needs to reach that position undetected and use the interaction button.

Regards.

EN_Games, MorpheusXI, Mark_01 and 2 others like this.
  45. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here the option for the combat to match the position/rotation of the player with the target that he is attacking, to face both direction and position if close enough. There are some options already to select the target to match. Here, I use the movement input to select the next target to attack, so when the attack key is pressed, it takes the movement input along with the camera direction, to calculate the closest target to that direction (inside a range of distance and rotation):

And here, it uses the closest target to the screen center, so basically you attack what you look, inside the same ranges options:

Of course, it has option to just take into account the closest target to the player and inside also a range of max/min distance and rotation of the player respect the target, to it is very customizable. In the video the values are more large, just to show the example, so the match can be tweaked, to look better and more natural.

Regards.

46. 3DWizerd

3DWizerd

Long time, busy with RL.. anyhow finally got some quite time and for the life of me cant seem to get player to walk/strafe/run simultaneously with melee attacks. If not avail can you add this feature. Thanks keep up the awesome work

sr388 likes this.
  47. sr388

sr388

Welcome back :)

And yes, that is already possible, you can configure attacks with an animation for the full body or the upper body, so the lower body can play other animations at the same time, like moving.

For example, the two hands sword example has some attacks configured to allow to move while attacking, you can see it here:

This is managed by the settings of the action system used on each attack, as you can set if the animation is played in the upper body, if you configure that animation in another layer than the base layer on the animator, using the arms layer or the upper body layer on the animator:

upload_2021-4-25_3-36-36.png

Let me know if you try this. It will be better explained in the doc very soon :)

Regards.

Mark_01, Peppo87 and EN_Games like this.
  48. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here you can see the match system used for the close combat (with some exaggerated values to show it better), using either the option to match the closest target to camera center, take into account distance, angle with the target, movement input, etc...:

Like in previous videos, the match target values are very large in this example to show it better, but the values can be tweaked to be more subtle.

I am finishing the new update for the beginning of the week and there is a lot more of elements on it which hasn't been shown yet, but I will put the whole changelog tomorrow and keep showing the rest of elements, so you can see it better :)

Regards.

StevenPicard, Peppo87 and EN_Games like this.
  49. alivecat

alivecat

Hello!
    After I tried two demos, I immediately bought this asset to support your further development. It's a loss for me to find your asset so late! I would like to suggest is that you can integrate final IK to make more accurate IK animation. Good day and huge thanks!

StevenPicard and sr388 like this.
  50. sr388

sr388

Thank you very much for your purchase and for your kind words, it is a humongous help and fuel to keep working on the asset :D

And yes, final IK and puppet master are both planned to integrate (puppet master was mostly integrated sometime ago but due to time, I haven't had the chance to make the final checks and testing for it yet, but it wil be done soon ;) ).

I am finishing the new mode scenes for the new update and almost all is ready, so in a matter of hours, I will send the update to the store (need to make the builds, prepare some text and images, the typical "boring" stuff haha).

Regards.