Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.6%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.0%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.1%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.5%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.6%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.4%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.2%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mytecjmb

mytecjmb

More vehicular success stories and other ramblings.

The improvements sr388 for handling stairs and the code Ark provided both look very promising.

I have added a 4 wheeled vehicle and a new flying vehicle. I had errors trying to make a 6 wheel but looking back I think they may have been my errors so I will retry today. All need fine tuned with final placements such as thrusters or IK etc. Pictures posted below.

I would like to try to add some improvements to the functionality of the vehicles and hopefully give them a different controls scheme or possibly preset schemes. I feel these are great vehicles but not quite what is needed for space vehicles. Also noticed we need a helicopter lol.

All models were also bought off asset store and have been setup with the GKC system.

2019-07-18 06_32_15-Unity 2018.1.9f2 Personal (64bit).png DotTeam Scifi Car on GKC system.

2019-07-18 06_32_28-Unity 2018.1.9f2 Personal (64bit).png Inside view.

2019-07-18 06_36_50-Unity 2018.1.9f2 Personal (64bit).png Forge3D Wasp on GKC system.

2019-07-18 06_50_30-Unity 2018.1.9f2 Personal (64bit).png Outside view.

2019-07-14 20_05_27-Unity 2017.1.5f1 Personal (64bit).png
    Creosine alien sky vehicle on GKC system. I think the character is PolygonR for the record.

All of these assets have been brought together easily within a week of buying GKC. Unity experience or not, that is extremely powerful.

Please forgive the long post. Thank you sr388, please keep up the great work.

hopeful, Wetw0rx and sr388 like this.
  2. sr388

sr388

Very nice vehicles man, really happy to hear that add them was straight forward.

Looking forward to see any addition or modification that you add. It is on the todo list to add more vehicles types, from regular as tank, helicopters, boats, construction, scifi type, etc...

Thanks for this feedback, it is very appreciated :)

Regards.

Wetw0rx and mytecjmb like this.
  3. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

Welcome aboard the GKC colony vessel, lol.
    I've managed to get pretty far along in the vehicle side of things so let me know if you run into any snags. Mostly, just keep an eye on the various trigger colliders and raycasts vehicles use to run their systems. It's a pretty flexible workflow and I've had much success tweaking the controllers to suit my project (similar to yours by the look of it). I'll post some when I get back to Earth later today...

mytecjmb and sr388 like this.
  4. burakko

burakko

hi afther compileing the demo scene the touch controls dont work on my android phone. The controls show on screen. They also work when i play the game in unity but when i launch the game on phone it wont work.

5. sr388

sr388

Haha, I already knew about your progress with vehicles @Wetw0rx, really glad to hear about that man.

I have a modification for vehicles planned (related to the unique vehicle controller script that every vehicle has), that will allow to make even more flexible the addition of new vehicle controllers behaviors, in order to make easier to add new vehicle controllers, from other vehicle controller assets or from your own code.

Mmmm, that is very strange, never seen that situation before. Maybe there is other canvas element on top of the main screen with the raycast option active which is blocking the touches from pressing the touch buttons.

I will send you a PM to take a better look at the issue, @burakko.

Regards.

Wetw0rx likes this.
  6. Arkolis

Arkolis

So I added Camera steering, I think sr388 is going to add it to the kit eventually for those who want it now change the following. (Using version 3.01)
    vehicleCameraControllerEditor.cs line 261
    Code (CSharp):
    1. EditorGUILayout.PropertyField(list.FindPropertyRelative("useCameraSteer"));
    Then in vehicleCameraController.cs line 806
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public bool useCameraSteer;
    then line 837 add
    Code (CSharp):
    1. useCameraSteer = newState.useCameraSteer;
    Then in carController.cs (because I havent modified any other vehicles yet) change line 206
    Code (CSharp):
    1. //From this
    2. //steerInput = Mathf.Lerp(steerInput, horizontalAxis, Time.deltaTime * settings.steerInputSpeed);
    4. //to this
    5. if (!vCamera.currentState.useCameraSteer)
    6. {
    7.      steerInput = Mathf.Lerp(steerInput, horizontalAxis, Time.deltaTime * settings.steerInputSpeed);
    8. }
    9. else
    10. {
    11.     Vector3 localLook = transform.InverseTransformDirection(vCamera.currentState.cameraTransform.transform.forward);
    13.     if (localLook.z < 0f)
    14.         localLook.x = Mathf.Sign(localLook.x);
    16.     float steering = localLook.x;
    17.     steering = Mathf.Clamp(steering, -1f, 1f);
    18.     steerInput = Mathf.Lerp(steerInput, steering, Time.deltaTime * settings.steerInputSpeed);
    19. }
    edit: Cleaned up code

7. sr388

sr388

Thanks for the additions @Arkolis. Will definitively try them.

Regards.

8. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I noticed thanks to an user that the weapon configuration for the player could be improved to make it more faster and automatic to configure, for an specific mode. I added a modification to configure easily the positions of the weapons in hand when no IK is used. Now there is no need to select copy and paste manually, a button allows to copy and other paste the values.

It only needs to just draw, aim the weapon and stop aim, so the weapon is placed in the player's hand and the values can be copied in that moment, to paste them after stop the game. Here you can see it (it is maybe hard, but just look at the weapon position when is placed on players' hand).

This avoids the need to search the transform reference used, copy values and paste manually, and it will be used for other IK and reference positions on the weapons, making a lot faster the process to configure new positions for any weapon.

Regards.

hopeful, mytecjmb, neoshaman and 2 others like this.
  9. mytecjmb

mytecjmb

Easy to get going, nice clear directions. Works great so far. I will continue to use it here on out in my project to test some. Thank you.

sr388 likes this.
  10. sr388

sr388

@Arkolis I tried your modification and it works really well, don't know why I didn't add this option before haha.
    I added a couple of elements, basically, to allow to combine the horizontal input and the camera direction, so you can still use the horizontal input as main steer direction or just use the mouse direction.

Here you can see how the car rotates the wheels toward camera direction

And here how is controlled

Also, when moving the vehicle backwards, it reverses the steer direction, that helps to have a better control while moving backward.

If anyone want to add this option, follow these steps on 3.01 (this is already added for the next update):

vehicleCameraControllerEditor.cs line 261
    Code (CSharp):
    1. EditorGUILayout.PropertyField(list.FindPropertyRelative("useCameraSteer"));
    Then in vehicleCameraController.cs line 806
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public bool useCameraSteer;
    then line 837 add
    Code (CSharp):
    1. useCameraSteer = newState.useCameraSteer;
    Then in carController.cs add this on line 131
    Code (CSharp):
    2. if (vCamera.currentState.useCameraSteer && horizontalAxis == 0)
    3. {
    4.         Vector3 localLook = transform.InverseTransformDirection(settings.vehicleCamera.transform.forward);
    5.         if (localLook.z < 0f) {
    6.                localLook.x = Mathf.Sign (localLook.x);
    7.         }
    8.         float steering = localLook.x;
    9.         steering = Mathf.Clamp(steering, -1f, 1f);
    10.         if (axisValues.y < 0) {
    11.               steering *= (-1);
    12.         }
    13.         horizontalAxis = steering;
    14. }
    I have added this control to the rest of vehicles. Also, in aircraft I added the right axis control too, so the aircraft steers toward camera direction in two axis. Have to try them yet (only have tried the car) but I am sure they all will work properly.

Regards.

11. mytecjmb

mytecjmb

Here is the Space Vehicle (2 seater) I am currently testing. There is much that needs to be done before it will be proper but its a good solid start.

2019-07-21 18_54_05-Unity 2018.1.9f2 Personal (64bit).png

Test scene (possible level) with GKC character. More of a lighting test which had mixed results lol.

2019-07-19 16_06_58-Unity 2018.1.9f2 Personal (64bit).png

Changed Camera Steering to way mentioned above by sr388, so far so good. Will continue to use the new code in my project.

Wetw0rx and sr388 like this.
  12. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a few more examples of the ground adherence on stairs, including another with steps crooked with different inclination and size.

Step height with 0.15:

Step height with 0.25:

Crooked one:

And 0.30 of height:

Also, an example of a vehicle with the option to rotate or steer toward camera direction active (it is just a new camera state with the option to steer toward camera direction):

Will show other vehicles with this option active tomorrow.

This short update is almost ready. Just need to make a couple more of minor checks and fixes.

Very nice vehicles and level man.

Regards.

mytecjmb and hopeful like this.
  13. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Almost done with this update, everything has been checked and just need to update a couple of prefabs, make sure some scenes work properly and ready to send the update to the store.

There are also two new scenes:
    • Added new demo scene to try the ground adherence system on stairs with real mesh colliders and different step height, including different inclination than 0 of the steps
    • Added new demo to try the grab object system, including to carry objects physically on player’s hands, using powers and more options
    Btw, here some more gifs with the option active to use the camera steer to rotate a vehicle toward camera direction:

Regards.

14. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

man you need t omake a game..

sr388 likes this.
  15. neoshaman

neoshaman

He is making one
    That's teh game

sr388 likes this.
  16. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

Actually, by my calculations he's making exactly 813,947 games simultaneously.

sr388 likes this.
  17. sr388

sr388

Hahaha, actually, I am working on GKC with the others me of parallel universes, so the number @Wetw0rx is pretty accurate. It is called GKCverse (not related at all with marvel brand xd).

And yes, I have planned to make a game using GKC in the future, once that all most needed and common elements in game are added, I would like to start to think in a game to make with it.

Regards.

Wetw0rx likes this.
  18. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone.

I was about to write a message to tell that I have uploaded the new version 3.01a to the store, but before writing this message, the new update is already live on the store, so yeah, you can already download it :).

Here you can see the changelog: https://drive.google.com/open?id=17EWvf6FzEJxT6jvknoouSEbZO3I3G_AI

And here you can try the new PC demo: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IZdc6fiIgYTSbumvlaaOFYyzzlqh72Eh

Also, for this new version on the store, I have made a big improvement/fix: UI icons which follows positions of objects on screen (for map, objectives, health bar, pickup icons, grab objects, lock-on target system and the rest) has been improved, making a much smoother movement on screen while the player moves, rotates camera or use the aim assist or the lock-on target to make the camera to look to a certain object.

Here you can see some gifs:

Previously, these icons could show an awkward movement on screen, with little shakes.

Regards.

19. mytecjmb

mytecjmb

More vehicles and the latest experiment.

2019-07-25 16_49_43-Unity 2018.1.9f2 Personal (64bit).png

So many new flying vehicles added but took a break until I figure out more on some sort of Space Ship type of controller. Below is what I am working on at the moment until I go back to Space Ships.

2019-07-25 16_48_34-Unity 2018.1.9f2 Personal (64bit.png

The Car can do the loop and so can the hovercraft so far without modifications lol. The new Racer vehicle has been fun but will probably have to have the players body just vanish the same way the sphere does as very little room is left for a cockpit. Interface looks good just outside and above canopy window. Nothing shown is 100% completed, they all need something tweaked.

sr388 likes this.
  20. sr388

sr388

Very nice man, happy to see different experiments and vehicle types.

About the car and the player's body, yeah, the option to hide player's body is on IK driving system inspector, here:

upload_2019-7-26_16-25-22.png

And also, in case you prefer that way, you can remove the camera state in that vehicle for first person.

Regards.

hopeful, Arkolis and mytecjmb like this.
  21. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added the initial structure of the stamina system. it can be triggered and used by any system and has events for empty and refilled state. Here you can see an example using the sprint and climb ledge systems with the stamina:

It has also settings for stamina amount, refill delays, use rate, refill rate, color for low and regular stamina amount, etc...

Regards.

hopeful and mytecjmb like this.
  22. 3DWizerd

3DWizerd

How is it going, finally some spare time but got one of these after update!
    The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Right Dual Weapon Wheel Position') is missing!

Any idea? Loving all the updates, getting more polished as the weeks go on.

23. sr388

sr388

Hi @3DWizerd.

That issue was solved on the last update of GKC, the version 3.01a that is already on the store. Make sure to import that version (sometimes the store doesn't import the last version, it can happen randomly on any asset).

Tell me if you manage to download this new version with that issue solved.

And thanks for your comment, very happy to hear that :)

Regards.

24. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have started to work on the experience system. I have taken inspiration from borderlands for the UI aspect (but like always, it is UI, so you customize it as you prefer).

It has options to configure the list of levels for the player, including how much experience amount is needed for the current level, skill points to get for every level and events to trigger:

Captura.PNG
    More fields will be probably added to the level list. If you think of other variables that should be added to that list, tell me about it.

And also, any object can contain experience amount. Right now, the experience is sent to the player with a custom experience script which contains the experience amount. This script is activate by the health component, on the death events, sending the attacker (the element who killed the object) to that experience script, which sends the exp amount directly to the player (in this case, the object which killed the cubes from the gif).

Regards.

mytecjmb, hopeful and Willbkool_FPCS like this.
  25. hopeful

hopeful

For multiplayer, I would have the xp rewards go to the "team," and from there get distributed equally to the team members. Since solo play is a team of 1, if you are inclined it seems like this is something you could build in.

If there are ever drops or defeat rewards that automatically go to a player's inventory (as opposed to being dropped on the ground), these items could go to the team, and from there randomly to a team member.

sr388 and mytecjmb like this.
  26. mytecjmb

mytecjmb

I really like the leveling system aspects (Bordelands styled lol). How would we reward the player leveling in theory? Up the characters damage multiplier maybe this way weapons and damage scale with player progression? This is a very cool update to me personally as I am a fan of Borderlands.

Tapping Into GKC Systems Question:
    I need to find documentation on how to tap into the systems existing health, damage, and other vital system.

We could then apply small scripts to things like bullet prefabs from existing AI or other systems (as examples) to allow them to damage our player. We also then add a small health script to the existing whatever we are using to make is so it is able to be damaged by our players.

This would also help the project be integrated with what the user has previously been making. If this exists and or has been discussed I apologize.

sr388 likes this.
  27. sr388

sr388

Mmm, interesting. It would be easy to make that an object give experience amount to a group of players instead of just one of them.

Same could be applied to get objects from it (which is pending to add). The experience will have also options to be dropped as objects to pick by trigger instead of an automatic increase of the experience amount too.

Consider it added to the todo list ;).

The rewards are the events available in every level, so you can configure what happens on that case, like increase player's health, or stamina, combat damage, etc.... I will configure examples and a few levels too. And with the levels, you can configure skill points to use it for the player's abilities/skill tree menu (pending to add). So you can have the classical automatic stats increase and get skill points to select what to upgrade in the player.

You can use both or just one of these ways for the levels. Weapons will be also able to be linked to level increase as well, to give more damage, extra magazine, etc... with automatic increase stats or using skill points or other elements.

Player could also have some weapons stats which could be used to multiply or add extra value to any weapon he is using, so these stats could start on 1 and increase with every level (this would be configured with events too, so the system is totally modular and independent from any component). I didn't think about these player's weapons stats on himself, but it is very interesting. Consider it added to the todo list too.

The health system can be used to any object, like a simple cube. So if that component is attached to that cube, anything can apply damage to it (throw objects to it, projectiles, close combat, etc...). It is used by player, AI and other objects such as explosive barrels or crates to detect when they are being damaged.

It is the main system used for health and damage detection and you only need to attach it to something with collider to use it.

Health, projectiles and collisions on thrown objects, vehicles and the close combat are linked by apply damage component, which is a group of static functions which are used by these objects to check if they can apply damage to any object detected. Vehicles has the health system integrated inside its general vehicle manager, but it works in the same way and use those same static functions. Tell me if you have more doubts about this system. A video tutorial will cover the health system too.

Regards.

28. mytecjmb

mytecjmb

Thank you for explaining how the systems operate and the new updates sound very nice, cannot wait. You are an awesome developer keep up the good work.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    hopeful and sr388 like this.
  29. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been changing some UI elements, those used to show player's health and elements related to powers, which are now hidden if not being used, so they are activated when the player changes to powers mode.

Also, I have added an option on health component to use a shield, similar to borderlands, wolfenstein and other games of that type, with options to regenerate over time. It will be also able to be refilled with pickups if the option to regenerate is disabled. Here an example:

The sound and particles effect is to show that the shield "is broken", and is triggered with events on the health component related to shield, with events for shield damaged, shield destroyed, shield starting to regenerate, etc... so those effects can be removed from the event or replaced for others.

Thanks @mytecjmb, very happy to hear that and glad to help.

Regards.

mytecjmb likes this.
  30. chadsteingraber

chadsteingraber

Hey Two Cubes! I recently bought the GKC because so much great work has been put into it and super excited to try out this new XP leveling system. I've been going through a lot of the content, and I'm looking for two specific things that I'm not sure if it is currently available or not:

1 - Loading from level to level (scene to scene) within the current game. Is this already working? And if so, does the state of the game save from scene to scene? For instance, if I wanted to make a Fallout like game, can I go from an open world with a quest to load into a dungeon and back with all progress made saved?

2 - Spawning and Spawn Managers - Is there a way to spawn enemies rather than placing them by hand? For instance, in Borderlands you can place an enemy spawn door and set parameters to how enemies are spawned. Is there something like this already?

Thanks for all the hard work!!

sr388 likes this.
  31. sr388

sr388

Hi @chadsteingraber.

Thank you for your purchase and interest in the asset, really happy to hear that :) Also, thanks for your nice words.

1.- Not yet, but it is planned to be added in this current update or the next one, according to how progress it. The idea is make it exactly like you said (in my head I have the borderlands way of work). So it will use any system to change between scenes, like triggers, buttons, events, etc... It will also detect things like if the player is driving a vehicle, to appear in the next level with that vehicle as well.

And yes, it will save all the current inventory, stats and other info of the player between scenes, using the current save system along with improvements for it too.

2.- Not yet, but it is planned, this will probably go on the next update (the current update will be complete in about a month).

I am working as hard and fast as possible on the 3.0 update series, so you won't need to wait for these systems too much ;)

Btw, if you have suggestions for other systems, improvements or options, don't hesitate to tell me about them, suggestions are very welcome.

Regards.

Wetw0rx likes this.
  32. johny256

johny256

Hi GKC supports main menu and ingame menu?

33. sr388

sr388

Hi @johny256.

Yes, the asset already has a main menu with the typical options to start new game, continue, load, etc...

And also, it has ingame menu to pause/resume game, manage mouse cursor to lock/unlock it and pause player actions.

It has also player's menus management for the same purpose, to show menus like inventory, map, objectives, etc...

Regards.

34. johny256

johny256

Great! And do you plan to add survival? Hunger and so gave?

sr388 likes this.
  35. sr388

sr388

Yes, survival elements are planned, including player stats, crafting, food, and more.

I am currently working in the most voted element of the above poll, Crafting/trade/vendor/experience/skills. And right now, focused on the experience/skills/level system, with very interesting progress that I will show in a few minutes here.

During 3.0 updates serie, I will focus on RPG elements too.

If you have suggestions for features/systems related to this, survival or other elements, don't hesitate to tell me.

Regards.

36. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

More progress in the experience system. I have added a stat system for the player, so there you can configure every stat that the player has, a name, its current value, the event to initialize that value (set its initial value at the start of the game) and the event called when that stat is changed.

1.PNG

And in the experience system, each level allows to configure a list of stats to increase, so you only need to configure the name of the stat and the extra value to increase when the player reaches that level. This will allow a really big flexibility for the experience/level system.

2.PNG

This will make very easy to save and load the stats of the player. The stat system will also allow to configure every possible stat, from regular elements, to weapons, melee combat, powers, abilities, etc....

Here another example, this time, the player gets 3000xp at once, so the level is increased in a few units, since the system can check how much experience receives and increase the level amount properly, so no matter how much experience the player receives at once, it will calculate the correct level and apply the stats increase properly.

You can see how the stats configured above in the level 2 for health, stamina and energy are shown in the HUD when the are increased.

Regards.

mytecjmb likes this.
  37. johny256

johny256

great!
    This asset gives a lot of use!I bought it now a asset store! :)
    You can add a survival in time. hunger and so on. house building, crafts, coking, mining, bluprints, furnace etc :)

sr388 likes this.
  38. sr388

sr388

Thank you very much for your purchase :)

Consider all added to the todo list ;)

Regards.

johny256 likes this.
  39. blacksun666

blacksun666

Looking great. Couple of suggestions/requests:
    can you add a flag to each attribute that 'hides'/'shows' it. I'd like some attributes (e.g. mana) to not show on the character and be 0 until some event happens (e.g. they discover and pick up the stone of magic awareness). Not showing it is different to its value being 0. 0 could mean that the user has run out and needs to rest.

Can you add an event type to the attributes for a tick that happens every n seconds. This would make it real easy to have attributes auto decay or auto recover.

You've probably thought of these ideas already ;)

Wetw0rx, sr388 and Razmot like this.
  40. sr388

sr388

Hi @blacksun666.

Sorry for the time to reply, I went to sleep after my last message. Do you mean to show/hide it on the HUD? Sure, I can add options for that. If you mean other thing, tell me about it.

About auto recover, there is already an option to regenerate every stat over time. There is not option for decay, can you tell me some situation where decay is used? Don't remember an example of that right now. In any case it could be added.

Regards.

41. blacksun666

blacksun666

Yes the idea is to hide the attribute on the hud until some event happens.

Can think of several ideas for decay. Mana decays on power use, oxygen decays whilst underwater, stamina decays whilst sprinting, energy decays whilst a force field/shield is on...etc..... These could all be achieved elsewhere but adding functions to the sections you showed seems a natural place to put them.

Wetw0rx and sr388 like this.
  42. sr388

sr388

Oh, with decay I thought you meant that the values descend without using them, just moving to 0. I see now.

Yes, there are already functions to decay these stats from systems that can using them, but I will place events for this also in this stat system, as an easy way to access to them too, so all can be found the same component.

Regards.

blacksun666 likes this.
  43. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been working in adding the option to configure multiple touch button panels, to make easier to configure different control scheme for touch devices, like using regular movement controls, weapons, powers, drive vehicles, use puzzles, examine objects, etc....Like that, you can have different buttons on different organizations on the screen according to the actions that the player is making.

Here the player changes between weapons, powers and close combat, maybe doesn't seem like different touch button panels, but every mode changes the current touch panel for another one.

Another example with the car and the hoverboard, which have their own touch panels, which is activated by events, nothing is hard coded.

And here you can see the different touch panels configured for different situations, so basically, the system can enable any of them through events, including situations like examine an object, use puzzles, etc...

Regards.

mytecjmb likes this.
  44. mytecjmb

mytecjmb

Quick update, I have now successfully landed on a small planet and had gravity hold. No matter what methods I try though I have issues with rigidbodies parenting to the object so they do not move while object is in motion. This is also my current issue for 2 player flying vehicles. I will try to create a new SpaceShipController soon to have mouse as pitch and yaw and an added throttle control.
    2019-08-01 - Landed.png

sr388 likes this.
  45. play_unity729

play_unity729

Don't know if this is part of the game since I don't see it on the videos, but the kit have a vault and cover system? this is a must feature that I need for my game, I see this is a really complete game builder, and I have plans to buy one, but right now I'm thinking if this kit it's what I need or not

sr388 and iChuy like this.
  46. sr388

sr388

Very nice man.

About having rigidbodies moving inside other rigidbody, yeah, it is a tricky thing. I want to start to make test and experiments to allow the player to move properly inside a vehicle or above any rigidbody.

Hi @play_unity729.

Thanks for your interest in the asset. No, there is no a cover system yet, but it is planned to be added soon.

This is a partial roadmap for the 3.0 update series:
    • Update 2 (current in progress): Crafting/trade/vendor/experience/skills. Along with that, the armor/clothes system, improvements to the inventory to make it more flexible to configure any type of pickup and add new behaviors for these kind of objects easily. Also, the first version of the action system to configure new actions for the player which requires animations in specific places of a level, like climb ladders, push an object, pick an object, open a door, etc...
    • Update 3: melee combat system (and maybe swim system)
    • Update 4: cover system (and possibly the free climb system)
    Those would be the main systems on each update and there will be other elements with them too.

About vault, do you mean an experience system with levels, skills and similar elements? In that case, it is what is being added right now. In other case, tell me more about it.

Regards.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    mytecjmb likes this.
  47. neoshaman

neoshaman

I think vault is the chest high wall hopping we do after being in cover to jump over it. you would need to do a rather extensive implementation for it to be valuable, like angle of approach, speed of approach and state when starting (even foot placement).

sr388 likes this.
  48. sr388

sr388

Oh, I see. Thanks for the clarification @neoshaman. I didn't remember that word was used to referring to cover system elements. In this case, @play_unity729, yes, vault will be included as well in the cover system.

Btw, a couple of days ago, I made an interview with an user who makes podcasts about videogames development and unity. We talked about GKC and you can see it here (it is in spanish):

Regards.

Wetw0rx and mytecjmb like this.
  49. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been working more on the whole experience/stat system, adding also oxygen management and currency/money for the player. Here you can see the oxygen:

It is similar to the stamina, allowing to being activated/disabled with triggers, with events to oxygen depleted and a rate trigger for that event, like damaging the player every x seconds until he refills the oxygen or finds a "safe place", or he just dies eventually (the speed of the video is increased to have a smaller file size xd).

The experience/level system allows a lot of customization, allowing to get, update and increase every stat easily through events (the menu and values shown are in WIP):

Sin título.png

Will show more about this tomorrow.

Regards.

50. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

More improvements for the level/experience/stat system, including more stats configured and added, like stats for the weapons, kind of like the "abilities of the player using weapons", like general extra values for weapons. Next, every weapon will be able to be improved with its dedicated values.

Also, I have added a panel with icons to change between player menus quickly, like change to the inventory, or map, or experience menu, etc... just by pressing located in the same position (you can see those icons in the upper right of the screen).

Here a capture of how the experience system allows to increase as many stats in every level as you need very easily
    there is also random ranges option, to get experience and money from objects and get also random range of stat increases.

Captura.PNG

Regards.

xDeveloper, mytecjmb and Razmot like this.