Search Unity

[RELEASED] Emerald AI 3.2 (New Sound Detection) - The Ultimate Universal AAA Quality AI Solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Nikodemus

Nikodemus

Hello sir!

What do u mean by - Modify the calls and handling the result of CalculatePath() to support astar path results. Should just be 2 scripts that need changes: EmeraldAIDetection.cs, EmeraldAISystem.cs?

What am i supposed to add? I couldn't get it to work as the ai flies just up to the sky.

2. Tretiak

Tretiak

Hi, any chance you will make methods in components to virtual ? Mainly in EmeraldAIPlayerDamage make SendPlayerDamage to virtual.. but also in components like EmeraldAIDetection.. so I can override without touching standard code

Last edited: Nov 2, 2022
  3. Notso

Notso

I tried searching however couldn't seem to get the right terms (or it hasn't been brought up yet)...
    My mesh walks faster than the navagent and causes it to snap back every few seconds.
    So when watching it, I see the mesh and the 'tube' of the agent. They both move, but the mesh is faster and walks outside of the tube and after a certain distance it snaps back to the agent tube and repeats as it walks.

This is using navmesh driven (obviously) I tried root motion and it does the same thing, just slower.

EDIT:
    I think I got it, seems I had to check LOOP POSE and apply in the animation. it would walk a few steps forward then snap back, after checking it walks in place fine. Seems ot be OK...

Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
  4. SammmZ

SammmZ

Hey! I remember it was some discussion regarding Blink's RPG Builder integration last year. Any update on it?

micuccio likes this.
  5. KingfisherWyvernStudio

KingfisherWyvernStudio

Not sure what the best place is to ask, so I thought I'd ask here as well:
    I noticed the above reply for version 2.x.
    I now there's now version 3.x (which I own :) ) I understand it doesn't have a breeding system (anymore?).
    I know there are several people who would love to have this feature in the current asset. Is there a possibility the breeding system will be re-introduced with an update in the near future?

Thanks!

6. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I made this video with Emerald AI. I used waypoints to get the animals to follow a trail to an event.

BHS likes this.
  7. BHS

BHS

Yes, the upcoming version I'm currently working on will use the interface class type for damage, which will make things much more flexible. I'll be talking about the upcoming version in-depth soon.

8. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone,

I have some big stuff planned for Emerald AI, which I will be talking about more soon.

For now, I have added integrated PuppetMaster support with the 3.2.1 update, which is now live. For those who are interested, you can follow the PuppetMaster Integration Tutorial.

@nicew @al3d @StevoFx @alsoknownas-stefan

3.2.1 Release Notes
    • Added support for PuppetMaster that allows AI to be knocked down with ragdoll physics and get back up.
    • Improved the Location Based Damage component so it works with PuppetMaster.
    • Updated the Bug Report link (Located under the Docs of the Emerald AI Editor) to the Emerald AI Wiki "Issues" section. This will allow for improved bug reporting and tracking.
    • Fixed the Customer Support link (Located under the Docs of the Emerald AI Editor) as the website name has been updated.
    • Fixed a bug that allowed Non-Combat AI to chase an attacker.

KingfisherWyvernStudio and iChuy like this.
  9. micuccio

micuccio

Hi There,
    Do you know if any plan for the Rpg Builder integration is in place?
    I own both products and I love Emerald AI and it would be really a pity not to use with RPG builder.
    Even a paid integration would be super.

All the best,

Dom

10. grionseengel

grionseengel

Hello,

I just installed the master level to integrate Emerald 3.0 with the NEOFPS. Now I have created a new AI character with the Emerald AI setup. The AI character works quite well so far. When I attack him with the player, he also runs towards me. However, he does not perform the attack animation and the player does not receive any damage. But I have created the attack animations. Does anyone have an idea what I did wrong?

Greetings, Andreas

11. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

You need to assign a Target Position Modifier to your player. Without it, the AI will aim at the base of the player and make its line of sight obstructed.

12. grionseengel

grionseengel

Thanks for the quick feedback. There are already enemies in the test level, but I did not create them. They also attack the player. So I don't think it's the player. It must be because of my created AI character.

13. iChuy

iChuy

@BHS Can you add the ability to an enemy to dodge/evade your attacks

14. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@BHS soon? This month or 2nd quarter 2023?

15. grionseengel

grionseengel

Hello,

I have created a small video. The small opponent is given by the demo level and can also attack the player. The large opponent was created by me via the AI setup. This enemy rules on the player, but does no damage to him.

What am I doing wrong?

16. BHS

BHS

This could be a nice addition to AI. I've added it to the upcoming version roadmap to be considered.

iChuy likes this.
  17. BHS

BHS

Soon as in I will be posting a status update regarding the upcoming update sometime next week. This will also include a public roadmap. I have no official ETA for said update at the moment, but it should definitely be before Q2 of 2023.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
  18. BHS

BHS

Have you added a Target Position Modifier? Your AI looks like something is obstructing its line of sight. To find out if there's something other than the player obstructing it, enable the Debugging Tools as explained here: https://github.com/Black-Horizon-St...-AI's-Debug-Tools#enabling-an-ais-debug-tools

19. BaoBao55

BaoBao55

How can I completely stop the AI?
    I tried GetComponent<EmeraldAISystem>().Deactivate() , but the AI didn't stopped.

20. BHS

BHS

21. tonyyroman1993

tonyyroman1993

hello, I want to purchase emeral ai, but I want to know if it can be integrated with PRO Military: Customizable FPS Character or with low poly fps and if so, if anyone knows, please explain to me because I haven't found any kind of tutorial

thank you, I'm waiting for answers

22. BaoBao55

BaoBao55

Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
  23. BHS

BHS

Hey there,

Every character controller is different, but adding Emerald AI support is pretty straightforward. You just find the script that allows the controller you are using to deal damage and add code to also damage Emerald AI agents. This is explained in-depth here: https://github.com/Black-Horizon-St...d-AI#setting-up-custom-damage-with-emerald-ai

24. BHS

BHS

Strange, it looks like there's a bug with StopMovement.

For now, you can use the following:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. //Stop Movement
    2. GetComponent<EmeraldAISystem>().m_NavMeshAgent.enabled = false;
    3. GetComponent<EmeraldAISystem>().AIAnimator.SetBool("Idle Active", true);
    5. //Resume Movement
    6. GetComponent<EmeraldAISystem>().m_NavMeshAgent.enabled = true;
    7. GetComponent<EmeraldAISystem>().AIAnimator.SetBool("Idle Active", false);

25. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Any idea on what your next big update looks like?!

26. Alexandus

Alexandus

Would like to second this, would be hugely useful. The only reason I would use Alek AI compared to this is the dodging / strafing, two things that would be amazing for Emerald AI

iChuy likes this.
  27. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Having stats like mana, energy, rage, ect... have logic if mage is 0 then melee attack. Also mana regenerate

28. BaoBao55

BaoBao55

The damage abilities from my character are mostly missing because they collided with the other friendly characters before they reached the target.
    And the AI didn't launch the damage abilities when there are many friendly characters between the AI and the target.
    Do you have any suggestions to fix it?

29. BHS

BHS

I'm not quite ready to go into that yet, but when I am, I'll be sure to post it here and announce it on the BHS Discord.

30. BHS

BHS

Strafing and dodging support are currently on the roadmap for the next update.

Willbkool_FPCS and iChuy like this.
  31. Ruufer

Ruufer

+1 for A* Pathfinding integration, please

32. unity_dev3194

unity_dev3194

A* Pathfinding would be a game changer... Unity's runtime nav mesh components are not optimized for so many use-cases.

scrup likes this.
  33. Ruufer

Ruufer

This script works great and I was able to hook the system up in about 5 minutes (A* Pathfinding)

iChuy likes this.
  34. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Yes. Those of asking for an integration need to learn how to search.

iChuy likes this.
  35. BHS

BHS

I will certainly look into integrated A* Pathfinding support for the next update.

valentinwinkelmann and scrup like this.
  36. Ruufer

Ruufer

Yes, but we don't want to be changing / hacking the script core and at the moment it's impossible to integrate without doing so.

37. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

There are somethings that you will have to lean on the community to help out with. I would rather have Will add new features into his asset rather than integrate more assets.

iChuy likes this.
  38. mario_code4ever

mario_code4ever

Hello, there I am trying to create a shooter AI. I followed your documentation https://github.com/Black-Horizon-St...-AI#setting-up-an-ais-ranged-attack-transform
    And I added a script on my player where the collider is located. I am using OPSIVE UCC V3 for a player.
    The issue I have is AI is shooting under player's feet all the time. It is not an animation issue I checked.
    Right now I am using version 3.2.0. I see in your patch updates notes that you changed something on the target pos mod script in 3.1.5 and 3.1.5.1. Could those cause issues? What did change why is there no anymore also an option for player offset y position as shown in the picture below? How do I set the player to offset now? Also, I notice in the emerald ai system script you no longer use rangedattackoffset. Ranged attacks are not using the TargetPositionModifier component at all. I debugged it and it never references it at all for ranged attack
    l upload_2022-12-16_16-26-32.png

39. BHS

BHS

Hey there. Did you follow the Target Position Modifier Tutorial? It sounds like you may not have the Target Position Modifier on the right object. You can check who your AI is targeting by enabling the Debugging Tools.

Also, there's a few updated portions to creating a ranged AI here:
    Ranged Weapon Hand IK
    Using the Built-In IK System

40. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

41. mario_code4ever

mario_code4ever

As I stated before. I already added the target pos mod script on player. It is on the player where his collider is. And I am still having an issue.
    And this is debug.log
    upload_2022-12-17_20-28-51.png
    The terrain is made by Gaia pro. Why he is aiming terrain under the player?
    I ask some people, and they having this issue also not just me.

42. mario_code4ever

mario_code4ever

Update: I tried moving the player and ai on an empty scene and just plane on it. It is the same result.
    He just ignores my target pos mod script I tried putting it on multiple places. And also creating empty with collider didn't work.
    Tried also with the transform option didn't work.
    upload_2022-12-17_22-5-12.png

As you can see in the picture ai aims down under the player's feet.

Attached Files:

43. BHS

BHS

Your AI’s target is the Player object so it’s not seeing the Target Position Modifier as it is on the CapsuleCollider object. Have you tried attaching it to the actual Player object?

44. mario_code4ever

mario_code4ever

Yes I did added on parent also. Tried with box collider and tried just with transform. It is same result

45. BHS

BHS

I cannot recreate your issue. The Target Position Modifier is working fine on my end so I’m not sure why it’s not working for you. If possible, can email me a project and a scene with the issue present so I can see why it’s not working for you? My email is: Support@BlackHorizonStudios.com

46. mario_code4ever

mario_code4ever

The project is a steam game so commercial game and its 120gb. I cannot just invite you. Can you direct me on what line you doing raycasting to aim at player? And where I can set player offset Y so I can at least move the aim somehow.
    If you are up for it we can do a discord screen share

Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
  47. BHS

BHS

What version of Unity are you using? The Player Y Offset setting was removed a few updates ago (version 3.0) so your project may not be updating to the correct version of Emerald AI.

When an AI is detected, the GetTargetPositionModifier function is called, which updates the Target Position Modifier based on the current target. This is within the EmeraldAIDetection script. There was a bug with this a little while back that was fixed so the fact that you are experiencing it (and that you can see a setting that was removed) makes me think you are not using the most up to date version.

48. mario_code4ever

mario_code4ever

I am using Emerald AI version 3.2.0

49. BHS

BHS

If you have the Player Y Offset setting, you are not using version 3.2.0.

If you aren't using the correct version of Unity, sometimes it will import a previous version of Emerald AI. What version of Unity are you using?

50. mario_code4ever

mario_code4ever

Mate please what i typed earlier. I said where is player y offset coz its not in my asset anymore. I explained you all in previous answers. In your documentation there is but not in my version. So i am asking you where is that setting now in 3.2.0. If there is no playeroffset anymore how is it called now. Thats what i asked. What function is calling this raycast so i can try edit it. He obviusly doesent register target pos modifier for me.