Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[50% OFF] Emerald AI 3.2 (New Sound Detection) - The Ultimate Universal AAA Quality AI Solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jun 26, 2015.

1. BHS

BHS

This is a Unity bug. See my post here for a quick fix.

2. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

With the extend time, were you able to squeeze in stats, mana, stam, rage types at all?!

3. Realgar

Realgar

Thanks, here are screenshots from the editor, the first is the hierarchy, and the second one while running in the editor.

4. trblst

trblst

Were you able to make any changes in this new version that supports non-combat NPCs? I'd like to utilize this for town NPCs too, that will walk around, stop, perform some action, then continue walking along a path. Just wondering.

5. ganzsergi

ganzsergi

@BHS The API associated with the Faction does not work. Example: Two AIs with factions “HUM” and “ORK”, initially neutral (or friend) to each other. Once through the trigger, they should become hostile towards each other and attack. Factions change, this can be seen in the inspector, but they ignore faction changes. If you manually change the faction during the Play mod, it also does not change anything. Only if they are initially, before turning on the Play mod, hostile to each other, will they attack. But dynamically changing the attitude of the Factions does nothing. I also tried resetting the target using the API, but it didn't help.
    Script exaple:

using UnityEngine;
    using EmeraldAI;
    public class LandChangeFraction : MonoBehaviour {
    private void OnTriggerEnter(Collider other)
    {
    if (other.gameObject.tag == "EmeraldAITag")
    {
    other.gameObject.GetComponent<EmeraldAIEventsManager>().SetFactionLevel("ORK", "Enemy"); other.gameObject.GetComponent<EmeraldAIEventsManager>().SetFactionLevel("HUM", "Enemy");
    }
    }
    }

P.S. I've also tried doing this in reverse, where hostile AIs become friendly to each other. But that doesn't work either. They attack each other as soon as they come into sight.

Attached Files:

6. ganzsergi

ganzsergi

I looked at the code a little - apparently the API does not provide for resetting the target (target to null),
    if for example, from enemy AI became friendly:

public void SetCombatTarget(Transform Target)
    {
    if (EmeraldComponent.ConfidenceRef != EmeraldAISystem.ConfidenceType.Coward && Target != null)
    {
    EmeraldComponent.EmeraldDetectionComponent.SetDetectedTarget(Target);
    EmeraldComponent.m_NavMeshAgent.ResetPath();
    EmeraldComponent.m_NavMeshAgent.stoppingDistance = EmeraldComponent.AttackDistance;
    EmeraldComponent.m_NavMeshAgent.destination = Target.position;
    }
    else if (Target == null)
    {
    Debug.Log("The SetCombatTarget paramter is null. Ensure that the target exists before calling this function.");
    }
    }

7. Realgar

Realgar

Hi @BHS Any idea ? Thanks !

8. Ravl

Ravl

any news regarding the update?

9. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Loving the ambient AI features.
    New music video

julianr likes this.
  10. MicheleBunetto

MicheleBunetto

Any Fmod Implementation?

11. bubucaojp

bubucaojp

Hello! I am making a game that the player has the ability to instantiate walls. however, the AI won't collide with them, and this ability should be used as a "shield". Any ideas on what I am doing wrong or what I could do to achieve this?

12. Ravl

Ravl

add a navmesh obstacle on the walls prefab maybe?

13. Ravl

Ravl

@BHS wondering if Emerald AI 4 will have a robust agent avoidance feature or at least a possibility to setup the AI to circle the enemy and not to push each other in case there are more that 2,3 AIs..

14. khushalkhan

khushalkhan

sometimes puting navmesh obstacle on agent helps other agent to avoid other agents, sometimes it show warning too

15. timerace

timerace

You can try runtime navmesh generation with navmesh components, in 2022 lts they are built in as default.

16. DrInternet

DrInternet

Hello,

what is the minimum supported Unity version for the upcoming Emerald?

17. SalmonXerxes

SalmonXerxes

I'm trying to get the player controller to block the EmeraldAI NPCs attack. How would i go about doing that? i use the "EmeraldAIEventsManager>().CancelAttackAnimation();" but that only cancels the next attack animation and does not stop the actual animation i'm trying to block. Any ideas?

18. MicheleBunetto

MicheleBunetto

Will Emerald AI (2023) have the ability to make enemies retreat even without root animation? Example: When I hit an enemy with a critical attack, they are pushed backwards

19. Wuyan_ren

Wuyan_ren

Hi, I've been waiting for the new version. Is there an approximate time frame?

iChuy likes this.
  20. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

He must have found a lot of issues with it and thus why he hasn't posted in a while.

Wuyan_ren likes this.
  21. timerace

timerace

He did posted this on discord- "The new version should be available by the end of next week.I will work on integrations, including RPG Builder, after the release of the new version."

SickaGamer likes this.
  22. BHS

BHS

Emerald AI 2023 should be available by the end of next week or early the following week. I’m just finishing the new wiki website and putting the demo scenes together so I feel pretty confident with this ETA.

Wuyan_ren, ImminentWaffle and julianr like this.
  23. BHS

BHS

Nope, I’ve just been bug testing and working on polishing up the mechanics. This update is absolutely massive so there’s lots to test and I want the release to go as smoothly as possible. Emerald AI 2023 should be available by the end of next week or early the following week.

SickaGamer and julianr like this.
  24. timerace

timerace

Is there anything new beyond status update 3?

25. ganzsergi

ganzsergi

@BHS Tell me pls, will the AI have a modifier similar to Armor (to partially absorb damage) in new update?

26. Uncle_John

Uncle_John

Hello,

I am having trouble using Emerald AI with Dismembering by Hartvigs IT.

Has anyone used them together or have any advice on how to get them to play nice together?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

27. Nikodemus

Nikodemus

Will there be a Puppet Master integration with the new update?

28. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

Any update on this?!

nordegraph likes this.
  29. jbhewitt

jbhewitt

Hey team - got a problem where for Ranged attacks the enemy is spawning two instances of the projectile one after each other... and i'm not sure why or how ;(

Attached Files:

30. Destystar

Destystar

There is a guide on Puppet Master integration on their github wiki

31. BHS

BHS

I have not been able to recreate this. Have you tried not having the Spine Animator script on your AI?

32. BHS

BHS

The new strafe feature helps minimize this, but I do have plans to improve how AI position themselves around targets with a future update.

33. BHS

BHS

Stats like this will come with an update after the release of the new version.

34. BHS

BHS

Check to see if you more than 1 EmeraldAttackEvents on your attack animation.

35. BHS

BHS

For those who are interested, I've opened up the new Emerald AI 2023 Wiki so you can start getting up to speed on how everything works. There's still a few sections that need to be covered, which should be done by the time Emerald AI 2023 is released.

Emerald AI 2023 Wiki

Last edited: Nov 13, 2023
    ImminentWaffle, TonyLi and iChuy like this.
  36. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

2 months to the UAS queue!!!

37. ganzsergi

ganzsergi

@BHS

I looked at the innovations and the breakdown of sections.
    1. I really liked that in each section, in addition to the setup instructions, there is a separate API. This is very convenient because now you don’t need to separately search for how to implement custom AI actions through code in other sections.
    2. New feature, AI Duplicator Manager my love. Since I make a lot of prefabs of different AIs, adjusting the angle of attack, turning speed, etc. every time is very tedious. The maximum that could be done before was to duplicate the existing Animator Controller and change the already placed animations. But with the new function, it speeds up work with a large number of AIs many times over.
    3. Combat Action Object - just a fairy tale. Emerald AI is for me the most powerful tool for creating AI. But previously the AI really lacked dynamics in a fight. Dodges, dynamic blocking and strafe correct these issues. I would also like to note - Random Movement Combat Action. This is +100 points to the immersiveness of perception of AI behavior for the player. When the AI does not attack but moves forward, it is immediately perceived as more lively.
    4. Melee Ability - I really missed this before. Since it is necessary for Melee AI to play with Range settings so that it can use its abilities. Now I understand that this is no longer necessary.
    I'm looking forward to it, is there a release date?

A small request - in the new update or Asset Emerald AI, please make a Demo scene with free Assets of humanoid people. This will make it very easy for users to understand how everything works. Because I remember when I first started working with Emerald AI and when I saw golems instead of the Synty studio people that were in the video, I felt deceived. Later, I realized that everything works as stated in the promotional videos, but it would be easier to understand if there were humanoids from some kind of free assets. Taking into account that you do not have problems with copyrights

SickaGamer likes this.
  38. trblst

trblst

Any betas? Been waiting for this since March.

salex1 likes this.
  39. BHS

BHS

Thanks for the feedback. It's great to hear you're liking the changes.

As for the demo scenes, I totally agree. This is what I'm currently working on. I'm working with a few other publishers who have allowed the usage of their humanoid animations and models to be included with the new version of Emerald AI. This has allowed me to properly showcase most of the features such as blocking, dodging, strafing, stunning, Inverse Kinematics, abilities, and overall proper fighting mechanics. I will also be including wandering villager AI with included example animations.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2023
    MorpheusXI and ImminentWaffle like this.
  40. BHS

BHS

There's no beta. I'm just working on putting together the included example scenes that will showcase everything and then it will be done.

The reason it took so long was it was originally a large update. I later realized it would be better to just rewrite everything from the ground up as it allowed for a lot more flexibility and an overall better system. I appreciate the patience.

julianr and ImminentWaffle like this.
  41. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

Sounds good Will! We can''t wait to get our hands on it. I am also excited about AI stats and RPG Builder integration. I will also be nice because TonyLi has an integration into that as well!

42. micuccio

micuccio

Hi, sorry to join abruptly the conversation. Could you please elaborate about the Rpg builder integration? Did you manage to do it?

43. TonyLi

TonyLi

If you're referring to the Dialogue System for Unity or Quest Machine integrations with RPG Builder, they're included with those assets. (The Dialogue System is 50% off right now and Quest Machine will be in a flash deal tomorrow.) They also both integrate with Emerald AI 3 -- with or without RPG Builder -- and I'll update the integrations to work with Emerald AI 2023 soon after it releases.

SickaGamer likes this.
  44. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

Both integrate well into RPG Builder. @BHS said he had it on his to do list so it should hopefully get done! It will be a HUGE seller for him to do so!

45. micuccio

micuccio

Thank you for the clarification. What is really needed is the bridge between Emerald Ai and Rpg builder. The AI belonging to Emerald should be able to be damaged or damage the player, synch with the rpg builder factions and so on. I would be gladly pay for this integration, no doubt

46. Nikodemus

Nikodemus

Release date?

47. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

First quarter next year! book it

48. hopeful

hopeful

If it has already been submitted to the UAS, that could literally be true. There's probably only about 2 more weeks of work this year.

49. DrInternet

DrInternet

BUMP

50. BHS

BHS

I’m hoping it’ll be live within the next couple of weeks. I’ll be sure to post here when it is.

julianr and iChuy like this.