Search Unity

[RELEASED] Emerald AI 3.2 (New Sound Detection) - The Ultimate Universal AAA Quality AI Solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jun 26, 2015.

1. warthos3399

warthos3399

But that turning animation...damn, i imagine its based on basic turning animation (turn left, turn right, etc.), most of my models/animation doesnt include that, but easy enough to add in, god bless Blender, lol

2. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

all updates free or will their be addition charges in future once the asset gets more advanced?

3. warthos3399

warthos3399

Invector integration went fine, no console errors, etc., UFPS, not so good (shame, i love that controller), ive narrowed it down to the Last code injection, which ive tried the official tutorial instructions/code, and etc. and video shown code (as its different) but no go. Looks like Invector integration won the race, will test it out to see if its a viable alt..

Either way, im using EmeraldAI for all my projects, very versitile, and ill work things out...

4. warthos3399

warthos3399

@unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg Im sure updates are no charge, once you buy the product all updates are free...im tellin ya, grab this now, as the support and added functions are great, and can be applied to ANY project...

5. BHS

BHS

I can’t send you the updated UFPS script directly, but I can send you the updated EmeraldAIPlayerDamage script and walk you through modifying the UFPS script. I would recommend using Visual Studio as it has many useful features and can tell you real-time syntax errors, plus it’s free. :)

6. BHS

BHS

Yes, that’s the blend tree seamlessly blending the walking and turn animations. It can really help turning feel believable.

7. BHS

BHS

All updates are free and will always be free. I’ve never charged for updates. :)

gearedgeek likes this.
  8. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

Right that's me sold just brought this on the asset store :)

9. BHS

BHS

Awesome! Also, I just sent you the AI Needs System. :)

10. warthos3399

warthos3399

I used Emerald Animal AI since it was released, and that system never failed me ever, and i know Emerald AI will be the same, ill be using it in all my projects, i trust it and love the features.

Im just now getting deeper into it, ill be updating all animations with all my species of dinos all weekend long, so sould be fun, i know the results will be great. :)

11. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

if we make a game can we sell on steam if it has this asset in or is it only personal use ?

12. warthos3399

warthos3399

Yes you can... :)

13. warthos3399

warthos3399

@BHS got everything in the script working all syntax errors corrected now accept 1 line... If i put DamageUFPSPlayer(DamageAmount); anywhere within the SendPlayerDamage function, i get 1 error:
    Assets\Emerald AI\Scripts\Components\EmeraldAIPlayerDamage.cs(26,4): error CS0103: The name 'DamageUFPSPlayer' does not exist in the current context.
    All other code i have working nicely.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  14. BHS

BHS

Awesome, that's great to hear! Feel free to let me know if you need any help with figuring out Emerald AI and its capabilities. :)

15. BHS

BHS

Yes, you are able to use Emerald AI and sell your game on Steam. It is not a personal use system.

16. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

ah brilliant :) only issue so far is my animations when walking and running are doing a half quick turn then turning back if that makes sense? like they are shaking and want to turn but can't even when not required to turn such as head on attack

17. pccross

pccross

Hopefully basic question here. I have a gunscript that when raycast hits rigidbody on character, it will cause a positional transform of the character based on force:
    i.e. = hit.rigidbody.AddForce(-hit.normal * impactForce);

This works fine if Emerald AI isn't attached to the character, however, when I attach Emerald, the character no longer reacts to that. I'm assuming Emerald AI is over-riding any other potential physics interactions?

18. warthos3399

warthos3399

@BHS might need some help later, but heres a vid of emeraldAI with flight animation (base right now), i also have much more animation to add (offset, dive attack, etc.), and havent added foliage etc. to the area yet loving it, lol:

MorpheusXI likes this.
  19. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

wow warthos mate that is incredible!

20. huntersteeger

huntersteeger

The gathering system looks awesome! I'm trying to find a way I could position a character somewhere accurately such as a chair or bed. Any suggestions on how to achieve this? I'm using the AI Schedule script you sent with Unistorm, It works great I just need help adjusting the exact position.

21. drcfrx

drcfrx

@BHS Just a quick follow up to ease your mind (just in case...), so yes I use Ootii Motion Controller along Inventory Pro in the same scene where I had problem. But I did a reinstall of Emerald and all is fine now, I must have messed a file somewhere. Line of Sight is working nicely now and AIs are kicking my butt just fine, thank you. Apologies for the troubles, your asset rocks =)

22. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

can we use other layers or only water for detection?

23. BHS

BHS

Nice, that's looking great!

24. Karmate

Karmate

is 2.3 version completed ?

25. BHS

BHS

Thanks!

For now, it could be done with setting the AI's destination to the object and playing an emote animation when the AI arrives at its destination. This can even be done by using an Reached Destination event and using the Emerald AI Events Manager script to play the needed emote animation.

With version 2.3, the turning mechanics have been improved quite a bit that should make positioning a character at an object destination easier since the AI will properly rotate to their destination. After 2.3, I will begin working on making an external tool specifically for positioning and rotating an AI to intractable objects, such as chairs and beds.

huntersteeger and SickaGames1 like this.
  26. BHS

BHS

Great to hear everything is working correctly now and thanks!

27. BHS

BHS

There is a minor bug with the 2.2. version and some turning animation, but it has been fixed with version 2.3 and AI will now turn much better. An example of this can be seen in the last gif of my post here, if you're interested: https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...lls-blocking-more.336521/page-73#post-4882796

However, what you are explaining may be different. It sounds like you may be using the incorrect animations for turning. If your AI are using Root Motion, ensure that you have them enabled through the Movement Settings. Also, try adjusting your rotation speeds and angles.

28. BHS

BHS

What may be happening is that Emerald AI's Box Collider might be interfering with the raycast. You can add a layer mask to your raycast to have it ignore the Emerald AI layer so this no longer happens. You can also try better positioning the Box Collider so it's not bigger than it has to be.

29. BHS

BHS

Almost, shouldn't be more than a week until it's submitted.

30. BHS

BHS

Yes, you can use whichever layer and as many layers as needed. The only reason water is used is because it's an included default layer.

31. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

when my cows go to attack each other they go half way through each and don't demonstrate the actually attack clip ( have already done the event SendEmeraldDamage on the animation ?

32. BHS

BHS

Yes, make sure you have a SendEmeraldDamage animation event setup on the attack animations. Also, increase your AI's Attack Distance. It sounds like they are getting to close to properly initialize an attack.

33. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

This tool wouldn't also be the same one for Flying AIs would it?

34. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

that worked BHS but now that are half spinning really past when the play button is pressed not sure why?

35. BHS

BHS

Try increasing their Stopping Distance. It sounds like it's too small for them to properly reach it.

36. BHS

BHS

Do you mean that it will also work for flying AI that use Emerald AI?

37. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Yoy were talking about making a Flying AI system like that in Skyrim

38. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

yep worked thank you :) i does the headbutt animation but only at the start is their anyway to make it headbutt only when colliding with other AI? So that they basically lock horns and headbutt each other?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  39. warthos3399

warthos3399

@SickaGamer As you can see in my above video, EAI works great for flying agents, havent seen Skyrims in action, but your only limitation is your agents animations. EAI can do alot from the base, but im sure you could add more with custom code/scripts.

40. Darrkbeast

Darrkbeast

Hi, I have a weird issue with my ranged enemies. They seem to get stuck in the turn animation (the Turn Parameter) stays on and the enemies facing the player but continues that animation and wont attack. If I run away the enemies will then follow and as long as I run strait and it doesn't need to turn it will attack like normal, but the second I turn its back in the turn loop. Only happens on my ranged enemies and I use the same animations on the melee as I do on ranged.

41. BHS

BHS

Oh, the other flying system. I wasn’t sure which you were referring to. The tool I was talking about on the other post is not the same as the other flying system’s.

42. BHS

BHS

I’m not sure how you would go about that, but you could have them both attack each other while using their headbutt animation as an attack animation. You could also make their detection radii small so they only do this when they’re really close to each other, if that’s along the direction of what you are trying to accomplish.

43. BHS

BHS

Make sure your AI’s Combat Turn Angle amount isn’t set too low. This can make it difficult for the AI to rotate to its target without over rotating causing it to go back and forth like you’ve explained. Also, make sure the Combat Rotate Speed isn’t set too high because this can also cause over rotating.

44. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

i tried the radius but because its small they don't approach each other :/ can get them doing the animation to resemble it fine just can't seem to get them touching or almost touching. This is what i am trying to accomplish but through game upload_2019-8-24_5-13-17.jpeg

MorpheusXI likes this.
  45. warthos3399

warthos3399

Try placing the models (starting point) closer together, then set radius. Remember, your setting a "close combat" situation...

46. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

tried that :( they either go to far together so it looks like they are eating other lol or to far apart :(

47. warthos3399

warthos3399

Ok, tomorrow, ill set up the same senario on my end, and we will work this out, i have a few species that are set up basicly the same (pachy they butt heads), but i dont have any probs on my end...

48. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

ah okies thank you :) really ? hmm my cows head just seems to go through the other cows head strange

49. warthos3399

warthos3399

Well 1st thing is, do you have Collision Detection set up on these cows?, (it can be Mesh Collision or Box). NO agent should be able to go through another to start with (very important)..start there 1st.. 2nd what i do is if its a close combat senario make sure models are close together (starting point), then set range and other factors...

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  50. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

got to box colliders on them :) finally got them slightly butt heads but how would i go about pushing each other back?