Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Emerald AI 3.2 (New Sound Detection) - The Ultimate Universal AAA Quality AI Solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jun 26, 2015.

1. BHS

BHS

Asset Store Main V2.png

Emerald AI 2024
    Emerald AI 2024 is now live on the Asset Store!

- NEW! Sound Detection -
    The Sound Detector has been added with the 3.2 update. It is an external component that gives AI the ability to hear unseen targets. When player targets enter an AI's Detection Radius, their movement and velocity are tracked to simulate noise levels. If a player is moving fast enough, it will increase an AI's Threat Amount which will trigger a list of modular user set reactions. See the Emerald AI Wiki Sound Detection Section for more info on this feature.

Modular Reaction Object

What is Emerald AI?
    Emerald AI is the ultimate universal AAA quality AI solution for animal AI, shooter AI, RPG AI, NPCs, and more! It allows developers to quickly create engaging dynamic AI with 100's of AAA quality features, all without having to write a single line of code! Emerald's editor is designed to make creating AI easy, yet incredibly customizable. Emerald caters to all kinds of developers and offers everything users would expect from an all-in-one AI system. Best of all, Emerald AI's updates are always free!

Emerald's Setup Manager allows users to create AI in just seconds. Emerald includes 12 example scenes, well documented code, and a self-documented editor allowing for a low learning curve. Emerald's documentation, tutorials, scripting reference, and support are all accessible right from within the editor.

To see all that Emerald AI has to offer, see the information below.

Buy | Playable Demo | Documentation | API | Integration Tutorials | Tutorials

- Location Based Damage -
    Location Based Damage allows colliders within an AI to receive damage and have customizable damage multipliers, such as headshot doing more damage than hits to limbs. This is all done via a separate component, along with an easy to use editor, that will automatically get all colliders within an AI and allow you to customize the damage multiplier for each one. Accurate impact effects, based on the normal of the hit collider, are also possible with included easy to use API.

- Create Any AI -
    Create any kind of AI such as AI with guns, bosses, guards, villagers, thieves, bandits, creatures, animals, wildlife, zombies, companions, hovering robots, and more.

- Built-in Combat Text System -
    Emerald AI's updated (optional) combat text system works globally for all AI and can even be called for custom character controllers and their damage with just 1 line of code. The Player's Damage Text Color, Player's Take Damage Text Color, Player's Critical Hit Text Color, AI's Damage Text Color, AI's Critical Hit Text Color, and an AI's Healing Text Color can all be customized through the Combat Text Manager. In addition to text color, all text animation, size, and font can all be customized with various included presets.

- Root Motion Support -
    Emerald AI supports Root Motion allowing an AI's movement to be driven by their animations.

- Modular Abilities -
    Emerald's new Modular Abilities system allows users to create abilities through scriptable objects. These abilities can then be applied to an AI's ability list giving them added functionality such as healing and summoning other AI. Projectiles and spells can also be created with this system allowing for nearly any kind of weapon to be created. Every Ability Object allows users to customize the sounds, particle effects, timers, and other settings.

AbilitiesEditorUpdated.gif

- Switchable Ranged and Melee Combat -
    Switchable ranged and melee combat has been a heavily requested feature so it's been added! This allows AI to switch between ranged and melee combat according to the distance from an AI's target. Users can customize the distance and other setting to best suit their AI.

- Animation Profiles -
    Animation Profiles allow for users to quickly export and import animations between AI that share the same rigging and animations. This improves the workflow so users no longer have to manually enter animations if they have many AI that share animations. The best part of this feature is that it's multi-object supported!

- Included Needs System -
    Included with Emerald AI is a needs system that allows an AI to generate waypoints to objects such as food, water, and other resources. An AI will dynamically wander until it's low on resources. When this happens, the AI will search nearby for objects that match its resources layer and begin to replenish its resources upon arrival. When they are full, it will dynamically wander again.

- Setup Manager -
    Emerald AI's Setup Manager makes the AI setup process easy by applying all needed scripts and components to an animated model.

- Built-In Look At and Aiming Mechanics -
    The optional Look At feature allows humanoid AI the option to look at their targets or a nearby player while using their current animation. This feature is usable during combat and is also usable while the AI is wandering or walking to a destination. The weight and intensity of the head look and body look can be customized. This feature also allows ranged AI to aim their weapons towards their targets, even if their target is above or below them.

- Behaviors and Temperament -
    Emerald has 5 preset behaviors each with 3 temperaments to give you control over how your AI dynamically reacts to targets. Companion and Pet behaviors are also possible allowing AI to follow players around to assist them in combat.

- Line of Sight -
    The Line of Sight feature allows AI to only attack or flee from targets that are visible from the AI's line of sight. This also keeps AI from being able to detect targets through walls or objects. However, an option is also available to not use the line of sight feature, for those who want more of a casual RPG target detection.

- Blocking Support -
    The optional Blocking option allows an AI to block incoming attacks. Users can control how much damage is mitigated with a successful block, the odds to block, and the angle to block. Users can also customize which blocking animations an AI uses.

- Built-in Aggro System -
    The optional built-in aggro system allows users to specify how many hits will cause an AI to switch targets with the options to choose based off of the Closest Attacker, Last Attacker, and Random Attacker.

- Built-in UI -
    A built-in UI system allows AI to have health bars, display an AI's name and level, and combat text. The settings allow users to customize the color, images, size, and position. The UI system will automatically apply your settings and rotate towards your player's camera as needed.

- Built-in Ranged Combat -
    Emerald features a built-in ranged combat system that allows AI the ability to engage in ranged combat. AI will fight according to what Ability Objects they are currently using. Guns, lasers, Sci-Fi weapons, rocket launchers, bow and arrows, spells and magic, and more are all possible.

- Built-in Waypoint System -
    Emerald features a built-in Waypoint System that allows users to set a series of waypoints for an AI to follow/patrol. AI will still react to targets using their behaviors while following their waypoint paths and continue to follow them after their target has been killed or escaped. Waypoints can be set, added, manipulated, and cleared all from within the Emerald AI Editor using custom handles and icons.

- Built-in Object Pooling -
    All objects created with Emerald AI are created from an object pool so objects are recycled and not instantiated. The object pool can automatically expand when needed.

- Built-in Events -
    Emerald AI has 11 events for added functionality. These events include On Start, On Enable, On Reach Destination, On Player Detection, On Start Combat, On Attack, On Damaged, On Flee, and On Death. Events can be used to call custom code or Emerald AI's own API.

- Built-in Slope Alignment -
    The optional Alignment feature will align AI to the slope angles of the terrain and other surfaces. Users can specify the speed and maximum angle amounts.

- Ragdoll Support -
    Emerald AI supports ragdolls and can seamlessly transition between an AI's current animation and their ragdoll on death.

- Auto Optimization System -
    Emerald AI has an optional feature to disable the AI system for AI that are not visible to the camera or that are culled to increase performance.

- Powerful Easy to Use Editor -
    Create complex AI with Emerald AI's easy to use, self-documented editor. Everything is explained right from within the editor.
    AbilitiesCategories.png
    Temperament.png UI Editor.png

- API and Documentation -
    Well documented code with tons of API for advanced users. Emerald includes 12 examples scenes each demonstrating a different feature or capability. Scripting Reference site that shows and explains all of Emerald's usable API. Emerald's documentation covers every feature that you may want to use. The documentation is accessible right from within the Emerald Editor.

Emerald AI Wiki Site
    Emerald AI API

- Animations -
    Emerald supports nearly 100 animations an AI can use, allows users to change an AI's animations right from within the editor, and will automatically create and update an AI's Animator Controller. Each animation has its own animation speed control. Emerald's Animation Events allow for perfectly timed attacks and added functionality.

- Free Updates -
    As with all Black Horizon Studios' assets, updates for Emerald AI are free.

- 3rd Party Integration and Other Support -
    - Supports Crux - Procedural AI Spawner
    - Supports VR devices such as Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
    - Supports LoveHate
    - Supports Quest Machine
    - Supports Dialogue System
    - UFPS (Tutorial covered in Documentation)
    - Invector 3rd Person Controller (Tutorial covered in Documentation)
    - RFPS (Tutorial covered in Documentation)
    - Game Kit Controller (Tutorial covered in Documentation)
    - NeoFPS (Tutorial covered in Documentation)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2023
  2. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

I'm subscribing. Seems interesting

3. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

looks cool. wondering if you would add some wild predators as well that can attack the player? wolves and bears in the forest, mountains areas, lions, cheetah, hyenas in the savannah etc... I guess it might be a little bit more annoying than just animal fleeing though... anyways, Looking forward to checking out the demo scene.

4. DrewMedina

DrewMedina

Wow looks very cool! Looking forward to it.

5. BHS

BHS

We plan on adding more Behavior Types as the system progresses. Adding predators as a behavior type sounds like it could be interesting.

Maybe we could add an Environment Type too that would some how influence the AI. We will see what we can do.

Thanks.

PROTOFACTOR_Inc likes this.
  6. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

another stuff that came on top of my head after reading your post wold be to have the predator AI also want to attack the fleeing one... that would be ridiculously awesome! :)

7. Teila

Teila

Looks good. I second a predator type.

8. BHS

BHS

That also crossed our minds. Great idea.

We will see what we can do. This will progress over a series of updates, but I'm sure we can make it happen.

Thanks.

We will make it happen.

Teila likes this.
  9. Teila

Teila

Great! I am building an awesome swamp at the moment and need something for my alligators to do. lol Can't wait to try it.

10. Teila

Teila

A suggestion, allow to make more than one layer cause animals to flee. That way, the animals will also flee from NPCs and other animals if you tag them properly. It would be nice to have several drop down options. Also, the ability for the animal to be aggressive and not flee would be nice.

PROTOFACTOR_Inc likes this.
  11. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

What been said above. :)

12. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

I have been watching a few documentaries and its funny how often when the predator is chasing down its prey, if the prey is getting away from a big cat, after a big enough distance the cat will often give up knowing that it cannot succeed and just wait till next time.

predator memory has similar function in game. Not sure how you would do it but; if the prey is X distance away and travelling at speed greater than the predator, then predator gives up the chase.

13. Teila

Teila

A game I used to play did that....lol. Lucky for me, since I was not a combat person, when I was attacked by monsters or NPCs, I learned to run REALLY fast. I played the game for 3 years and only died twice, both times I didn't run fast enough I guess. :)

The NPC or monster would chase me for a bit and then give up and turn around. I knew that if I ran away, I had a chance to survive. I liked that a lot. :)

siblingrivalry likes this.
  14. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

You just need to have your NPCs have an agro radius and if whatever they are fighting runs out and is outside that agro radius for so long, have them return to their home point. So if the NPC is a touch slower than whatever is fleeing from it, the fleeing NPC will eventually outrun it and leave the agro radius of its pursuer. BurgZerg did something similar in their tutorial videos with player/npc combat. Worked quite well.

siblingrivalry and Teila like this.
  15. BHS

BHS

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

We have refined everything that's been said and have made a nice list of things to add for the next update. While making this list, we also came up with more features. We will post an update list when we are further along with development and nearer to submitting the new update.

A main thing we will implement is a Prey and Predator based system. This will allow users to create their own type of ecosystem. Predators will be able to chase Prey and Prey will be able to flee from Predators. We will also implement some type of customizable distance/time based system for a Predator giving up on a Prey.. This, as well as the other features we have planned, should allow for some very interesting game mechanics. There's nothing more immersive than a living breathing artificial environment.

Please keep the suggestions coming and will be sure to take them into consideration.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  16. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Is it available yet? didn't notice any links to the Asset Store. Can you place a link on the first post? Or maybe I'm missing something.

thanks

17. BHS

BHS

Emerald version 1.0 has been submitted, but we are still waiting for it to be approved. We will post it here when it is accepted.

We are currently working on a new version for implementing a Predator and Prey based system, as well as many other features.

hopeful and PROTOFACTOR_Inc like this.
  18. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

19. BHS

BHS

Emerald should be accepted very soon. Until then, we have made a simple video demonstration.

This video demonstrates both Farm and Wild animals created with Emerald. All actions of the animals you see are dynamic. There is no preset waypoints. Wild animals will flee if a player enters their Flee Radius. They will then react dynamically to flee from the player so every time it's different. Farm animals will wander within their Wander Radius and dynamically graze.

We have a lot of new features that we're going to add for the next update. This includes a Predator and Prey system. It should allow users to create their own ecosystem. Stay posted as we will post our progress and here for our next version of Emerald.

John-G, AdamGoodrich and Sliceandkill like this.
  20. Sliceandkill

Sliceandkill

You can make something factions based. Like large predator, medium predator, small predator, large, medium and small prey. Large predators attack everything including player, medium predators attacks only medium and small prey, maybe even small predators and so on. Another faction can be friendly with everything (for domestic animals).

21. Teila

Teila

Fabulous! I like it.

Looking forward to the updates.

I wonder though if you could put in a freeze behavior as well since often deer and rabbits freeze when someone approaches them...then they run.

22. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

What kind of cost do we need to be budgeting for? :p

23. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

I would be tempted to add some sort of needs driven thing to the animals so that they generate interesting behaviour regardless of your proximity or not.

BHS and one_one like this.
  24. BHS

BHS

Thanks for the suggestion. We already had plans to implement a Predator and Prey animal type system and a category by size is perfect.

Great idea, we can totally add this.

It could be something that can be enabled or disabled. If enabled, you will set a minimum and maximum amount of freezing time, generating a random number between these two values, before the animal flees. If the player leaves the flee radius it could just go back to grazing.

The starting price will be $19.99. After the update, the price will increase.

Great idea, we will see what we can implement.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  25. Teila

Teila

Great! I can't wait. :) I love the fact that you can modify and change things to suit your game.

BHS likes this.
  26. BHS

BHS

Yes, of course. Our goal is to create a versatile system that can find a place in, mostly, any game.

Teila likes this.
  27. BHS

BHS

We were able to add a quick feature to Emerald before we resubmitted it. This new feature is called Extra Flee Seconds. This allows the AI to stay in Flee Mode, even if out of their Flee Radius, form anywhere from 0 to 10 extra seconds allow for more realistic results when an animal is fleeing away from a player.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  28. Teila

Teila

Fantastic! I really need this.

I am assuming since most animals come with legacy animations that it will still work with those as well? I realize I never asked that.

29. BHS

BHS

Yes, it supports Legacy Animations.

30. BHS

BHS

Emerald Animal AI has been accepted and is now live on the Asset Store!

You can get it here: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/40199

We appreciate all the suggestions and feedback. You can expect a lot of awesome features coming with the next update.

31. Teila

Teila

Also, I am assuming the grazing animation can be any idle animation. Unfortunately, I will have to buy all new animals since most of my domestic animals and deer have very few animations. lol

Unless Roser is going to update them so we can use them in your asset. ;)

32. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

I assume you meant:"rosor".
    What kind of animations are you lacking? currently pretty busy with the Fantasy Bosses Pack Volume 1 and some contract work. If the animations you need might be something a lot of other developers might want, I guess it would be possible to make an update. don't hold your breath though, as there would be 24 animals to update... well maybe less if it's just the grounded animals...
    Maybe it's better to post your request on the animals dedicated thread rather than derailing this one with some side requests. Sorry @BHS, didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Now on topic: Congrats for the release! and great job! :)

33. Teila

Teila

Rosor, sorry about the mistaken spelling, but I was kidding since I saw you on the list. It really wasn't a request, more a comment.

I will make a request on your thread. :)

34. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

This sounds cool! Is there an option to randomize this? That way it isn't always the same time, every time? Maybe a bool where if we check to have it randomized, it will disable entry of selection of seconds but if unchecked, we can define a set amount?

35. DrewMedina

DrewMedina

edit: saw your responses above...vote for predators and "attractor" tag or object assign for animals to be attracted to. thanks

"Is there a planned follow or attract, the opposite of flee? i would love to have things follow me, or an object i toss or assign...throw food... thanks"

36. BHS

BHS

Yes, any idle animation can be used in place of a graze animation.

No worries and thanks.

It isn't randomized, but we can certainly add it with the next update. We will also add a quick tutorial of how to do so to our Emerald Wiki site for those who want that feature early.

Yes, we already have the base Predator and Prey system working with the version we are developing now. It's pretty cool.

We can add some kind of command type features in the near feature. Right now we are focused on getting the Predator and Prey system finished and submitted.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  37. Teila

Teila

Oh good. I really want the fox to chase my chickens. :)

38. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Awesome! Any chance there are or you plan to have any herding/flocking type mechanics? It looks like some of the functionality here might conflict with HerdSim or other herding/flocking type scripts. Would be nice to have all of that AI functionality in a single asset... :)

39. BHS

BHS

Yes, the Predator and Prey system is pretty cool and entertaining so far.

Right now, we have Predators chasing Prey based off their size, if within their Hunt Radius. So we have wolfs set Large Predators who will hunt Deer Large Prey. We will were thinking of adding some type of odds/desire factor. This instance would be, what if a wolf is chasing a rabbit (small prey) and they see a deer in the distance. Are they going to continue chasing the rabbit, which might be easy food, or go after the deer because it's more food. We want some type of system to work this out so it's something we're considering of adding to the system.

I think this is a good idea and it's something we will work in.

Right now, we're considering some type of pack system is well. This would be for animals like wolfs, who tent to hunt in packs. They can then find prey together and more efficiently kill them. We need some type of cap though to prevent them from killing everything in a level. This would most likely be a cap of 4 to 6 per pack and only a certain amount of kills within a certain amount of time.

Teila likes this.
  40. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Please make the pack/herd sizes configurable and not hard capped in the code. I think the cap is a good idea, but also like the idea of a pack of predators growing in the zone and having events triggered calling for player help to eradicate the threat. Not sure of API functionality you are building into the system, but maybe this could be something that could be controlled via API.. If the predator population is low, more grazers populate the area but at a certain point a high quantity of grazer herds would attract packs of predators. Once the predators are in the zone, they begin discovering farms. Local magistrate posts bounties for predator hides.. As predator population dwindles, grazer population grows.. Rinse and repeat.. For this idea, I'd need the ability for the scenario that you described as not wanting to happen, to actually happen... heheh

Edited to add: Kills per time frame configurable as well, please... :)

41. Teila

Teila

Not only that, Shawn, but if you want to use the pack for a herd of sheep then you would definitely want more than 6 sheep. I recommend giving us a slider and letting us take the risk of depleting our rabbits. :)

We can always set spawners to spawn more rabbits if need be, they do populate rather fast.

42. BHS

BHS

Yes, everything will be configurable.

Our goal is to have the most versatile system as possible. All herd/pack caps will be adjustable as sliders, as well as kills per time frame.

The population idea is great. We will see what we can do.

One way to help with population levels is to possibly allow for some type of mating system that could be similar to Minecraft's mating system. If population levels of a particular animal type are low than this feature could be enabled. It could be done where their animal type, which could be a String, would have to match an animal that's within their radius.

Yes, this all should allow for interesting gameplay/scenarios.

43. Teila

Teila

Now that would be amazing!! :) I love it. My son and and I (he happens to my college student programmer and my son) and were just discussing this and thinking about how mating could be coded. If you do it for us, it will save us a lot of time. :) My son might be disappointed but I have plenty of jobs for him.

44. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

That would ROCK! My thoughts for the scenario I described above were to use this system in conjunction with the dynamic quest generator that @TonyLi is currently developing. If Emerald were to keep track of animal populations like you described and Tony's quest system could hook in via API to look at the numbers and determine the magistrate has an issue with a growing wolf population, it would generate a quest for wolf hide bounties.. Or something like that. Purely speculation since Tony is still developing that system, but that is what I'm hoping for... That and maybe even some similar conservation type quests to help promote growth of the species the wolves are depleting...

twobob and Teila like this.
  45. TonyLi

TonyLi

Good idea! The quest system provides hooks for external knowledge sources. I've made a note to look into Emerald AI. If it can report the population size in an area, you'll be able to access that information in procedurally-generated quests.

wood333, twobob, BHS and 2 others like this.
  46. Teila

Teila

All this looks so good but I do have one big request. Some of my animals have turn animations and I would love to use them but we need more than the 6 animation slots available. Any chance you could allow us to add our own animation slots? Maybe a way to specify the number of animations and increase slots available like in other Unity assets I have used. That way we can put it more animations for other things as well.

BTW, my son informed me that it would have to be coded that the animal detects the turn to use the turn animation. Not sure if that is something that can be added..but figured I would ask anyway. lol

Thanks.

47. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Any chance for a setting that would have the fleeing animal wander back to its home area after not being scared for a set amount of time?

Edited to add: Is it possible to add criteria to ensure animals don't wander into the ocean or into altitudes they wouldn't be? Also would love to see avoidance area triggers that could be placed around high population areas where whiled animals would probably never wander.

Also seems to be some issues with NavMesh.. Seems instead of avoiding steep areas, animals get stuck and are unable to move up or down. Shouldn't they be moving around these areas? Was talking with another dev team and they are having similar issues.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  48. BHS

BHS

While trying to test the system as much as we can, we have designed a simple tool to procedurally spawn an array of animals throughout a terrain. It will spawn them based on your terrains height and a specified X and Y amounts.

This lead to some interesting and natural feeling gameplay. One of our test terrains is 13 square miles. We spawned a total of 120 animals (30 rabbits, 30 foxes, 30 deer, and 30 wolfs.) During one test, I walked through the 13 sq mile terrain for about 15 minutes and saw 4 or 5 rabbits, 0 deer, 2 foxes, and 2 wolfs. What was interesting about this was that the deer have the highest Flee Radius which makes them more illusive. One of the wolfs I saw was chasing something. However, the forest was too dense to see what it was chasing. This all was created in one generation that took about 10 seconds to setup and about 2 seconds to generate rather than hand placing each animal, which I imagine would take hours and wouldn't have had as realistic results. With this spawn generation system, maybe we can further adapt this to allow for some type of herd/pack generation as well.

If this is something you guys would want included, just let us know.

Support for turning animations is something we will look into to see if we can add. We will also add support for more animations slots.

Great idea. We will be sure to create some system that tracks populations and many other factors/numbers.

Awesome, sounds great. We will be sure to add support for tracking population and tracking populations in certain areas.

On start, the AI store their starting position. We will add an option for whether or not to travel back to their starting areas if they have traveled too far away from their spawn position.

That's strange, the AI shouldn't try to walk where the angle is too steep. We didn't notice any animals getting stuck in our tests. We will look into this to see if we can recreate the issue. If we find it, I'm sure we can find a solution.

We can also do some type of angle detection using some type of raycast or terrain steepness detection, that can be adjusted via the Editor. If the steepness is greater than the max steepness the animal can walk up, it will generate a new waypoint.

hopeful and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  49. Teila

Teila

We had some animals getting stuck too, usually when there was a hill between them and another flat area on the other side.

Will the flee feature be added to the asset, so the deer and rabbits freeze before fleeing? I remember mentioning this but can't recall seeing it on your later lists. I fear that without it, our archers will have very little chance of catching the little buggers. :)

Looking great, by the way. We are having fun playing with that and along side Herdsim, it is a great addition.

One thing to warn people, make sure the animals are legacy. More and more newer animal assets are using mechanim and they do not always tell you this before you buy. :)

hopeful likes this.
  50. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

DEFINITELY!!!! Maybe you could also have this contain a spawn button in the editor. That way if a dev would like to just pre-spawn and then tweak placements, they can do it instead of individually placing each animal. Then for the devs that just want to let it pop all the animals at runtime, they would have that option as well.

Woohoo!!! Thanks, to both of you! I can't wait to see what kind of cool stuff I'll be able to do with a combination of both assets! :)

Awesome! Could we add minimum and maximum terrain height as well? That way mammals don't flee into the ocean where they roam underwater? :p And the higher altitudes can be reserved for mountain goats and other animals more adapt for the higher elevations... :)

On a side note, I totally love the way this is coming together and the prospects of what can be done with it. Is there a chance that other behavior types will be added for birds and fish to turn this into a complete animal AI system for any type of animal?