Search Unity

$5 Xmas Winter Pack

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by IamGawd, Dec 7, 2016.

1. IamGawd

IamGawd

Hello Unity,

I have been putting together a stylized Christmas pack to celebrate the season. I plan on other packs after this as well, so please let me know any thoughts or ideas for future packs that would interest the community as a whole. I want to keep all these packs low priced for all developers or hobbiests, so please keep requests realistic. Let me know what you think, Thanks!

$5 Xmas Winter Pack:
    Characters.png

They are rigged and animated, no character is over 1200 tris, 512 textures.

Animations:
    Idle,
    Walk,
    Throw Snowball/Attack

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    Aiursrage2k likes this.
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

The blend on the bear and penguin belly looks too fuzzy/blurry imo. Consider making the gradient from light to dark tighter or increase the UV resolution in that area so the blend doesn't look so fuzzy/blurry.
    Snowman looks acceptable, though the front buttons on the belly are clearly lower resolution than the other parts.

Aiursrage2k likes this.
  3. IamGawd

IamGawd

@theANMATOR2b

Thanks for the feedback! I used to much opacity on my brush in those areas hoping to create fur effect, but I see the distortion, I will sharpen the brush and clean them up and post updated pic from within the Unity Engine.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    theANMATOR2b likes this.
  4. IamGawd

IamGawd

Hey Unity!

I wanted to share a huge upgrade to the pack. I am feeling the Christmas spirit this year, and decided to increase the pack to give your projects a breathe of fresh cool air. I am now onto the final touches stage, where I will fix up some of the textures and make everything squeaky clean. If there are any requests for additions to the pack, please let me know!

WinterPack.png

Xmas Pack Breakdown:

Frosty (Snowman) : 964 Tris
    Texture 512*512

Penguin : 1,152 Tris
    Texture 512*512

Teddy (Bear) : 720 Tris
    Texture 512*512

Tree : 80 Tris
    4 Unique Textures, 512*512

Bush : 24 Tris
    4 Unique Textures, 256*256

Rocks : 104 Tris
    Texture 256*256

Present : 180 Tris
    Texture 256*256

Candy Cane : 152 Tris
    Texture 256*256

Fire Pit : 222 Tris
    Texture 256*256

5. Samuel411

Samuel411

I don't know about this... The style looks all over the place. Look at the bear's stomach, its just a black line you drew in paint or photoshop. The pieces of all the characters look like they all came from another resource. Look at the stomach on the penguin too, why is a opaque black coming over the tummy like that? Makes it look blurry instead of intentional.

I'm not an artist but something I've heard is, "When ever you make something, make it look intentional."

The candy cane looks really nice so good job on that one. The trees look okay but don't really match anything, they are super bright and have more detail than anything else on the leaves and textures even though it looks kind of bad.

The background? Do I really need to say anything about it?

It's not awful but you need to learn how to match styles. As it stands I wouldn't drop $10 on this in any day of the week. Considering what I can get for free and $2 and $5 and $10 on the asset store already, I'm not going to waste my time on this... I wish you luck.

6. IamGawd

IamGawd