Search Unity

$5 RPG Pack

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by TVE, Dec 6, 2015.

1. TVE

TVE

Hello Unity,

I recently have been exploring stylized painting and modeling to create slightly toony models. They are very very very low poly, and all textures are 1024's. I am looking at 5$ for the pack. All models have a Diffuse, specular, and normal.

ALL TEXTURES ARE AND WILL BE HAND PAINTED

*There is no loose geometry in these models, they are all solid meshes.

Please leave tons of feedback, I will be making and remaking a few of these for the pack, if it is wanted, to ensure perfect quality for those who want it. Thank you!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  2. Rombie

Rombie

Looking good so far.

I do think you should throw a little more work into the textures though. Just with shades of lighting on them. The wall looks a bit flat in the middle; as well as the barrel. The barrel is also pretty shinny for being wood.

Also, how far to do you plan for the models to be away from the camera? I'm sure you could reduce a few tris reworking the handle of the swords. They seem a little heavy for such a model. But that's just my opinion.

I'm really liking the style and work so far. Keep it up!

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  3. TVE

TVE

@Rombie

Thank you for your thoughts and comment! I will definitly be working more detail into the textures and increasing the appearance. these models are just some examples of the style, I am currently working on the first sword for the pack and ill use your helpful thoughts in its creation. These models are truly meant for 3rd person view however some will still work in 1st person if you like the style. I am working hard to avoid bluriness in textures as you get closer, but the optimal view is 3rd person. As for the tris i did add a few extras for purposes of clean uv unwrap. I will work on fixing this in the new model and add more shades and paint on the texture. Thank you! All comments help, this package is not for me :)

4. TVE

TVE

Alright first weapon has been finished, I just have to bleed the texture past uv's too ensure no seams at any range. All in all I think it turned out pretty good, let me know what you think!

Sword : 560 tris

UnityRender1.png UnityRender2.png UnityRender3.png Wireframe.png

5. TVE

TVE

Hey guys! Next weapon! Texture needs a little more work but I will be returning to all models textures at the end and revamping them to make them as perfect as possible!

Warhammer : 352 tris

UnityRender2.png UnityRender1.png UnityRender3.png UnityRender4.png

6. TVE

TVE

Hey guys so I decided rather than just a weapons pack I would do a well rounded starting asset pack for rpg or rts. I will be featuring a basic character, a few monsters, a few weapons, a few buildings, and a few environment props. All will still be $5. Characters animations will consist of idle, walk, attack1, attack2, and possibly jump

Treant : 444 tris

TreantPreview.png TreantPreview3.png TreantPreview2.png

7. Rombie

Rombie

Throw some branches coming out of the top of him as arms and he'll be complete ;)
    Perfect for snatching up and eating hikers passing by in the nearby woods.

Looking good so far, I would work on the top of him although. Make his head more like ridges and torn apart and that will take the 'castle' look outta his head.

8. TVE

TVE

@Rombie

Thank you! I definitely agree with the arms, and top. I am working on a remodel, and also modeling in the mouth and eyes to give it a more terrifying detailed look. It will increase the tris, but I think it will be worth it.

Rombie likes this.