Search Unity

5 Identical Windows laptops, only one waits 130ms for "Gfx.WaitForPresentOnGfxThread". Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by Dreamback, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Dreamback

Dreamback

I am on a team where 5 people have the exact same laptop, running an RTX 2060 with 6GB RAM. Same NVidia driver version. I have a very simple URP app with VSync disabled, most of us get around 600fps, one person gets 7fps. Most take 3.43ms to render one frame, his takes 130ms. He tried running a commercial game, ran at a solid 60fps, so the system seems to be fine...except when running my app.

The Unity log didn't help, says the renderer is the RTX 2060, using Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1], running at the same resolution as mine. The profiler just says all the time is spent waiting for the GPU (Gfx.WaitForPresentOnGfxThread, Semaphore.WaitForSignal). GPU usage is the same as other computers: 145 SetPass calls in 257 batches, 201k triangles, 163k Vertices. VRam used is 139MB (of 5.84GB).

Any ideas how I can figure this out?

2. Zargy

Zargy

We are also experiencing this issue with one team member and one tester that we've sent our built game to. Even running our game in a test scene with almost nothing complex drawing to the screen. (We aren't using URP though.)