Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

5.6 BX HDR Bloom bug

Discussion in '5.6 Beta' started by majstudio, Dec 21, 2016.

1. majstudio

majstudio

Hello, I don't know if it's an isolated case, but as always, I wanted to test out the new beta with my game project as I did for 5.4 beta and 5.5 beta successfully without problem.

So I upgraded the same project to 5.6 b2 (as always Unity asked me to reimport things before upgrading) I said yes as usual, but then, whem the project finally loaded, I realized all my materials were reseted ! In fact, I set up some parameters in those materials, as color, emission color and Cutout and they reseted back to white !

Also, it's very strange because all my gradients or other color box set up for scripts were also reseted ! Like the gradient is changed to a ugly white-black and colors are black.

I also noticed getting hundreds of shader errors (the same) I can't remember but it was related to material.end and material.setpass.

I don't know what to think about this. I had to downgrade the project to Unity 5.5, and set again all colors to fix it.

May it be an issue with the beta Engine ?

2. kemalakay

kemalakay

Unity Technologies

Hey @amimox

We also observed the same problem in QA, but it's hard to get a stable reproduction. Have you tried closing and opening your editor again? In our case, deleting the Library folder in the project and opening in the editor again permanently fixed the issue. Also, there are some fixes in the upcoming 5.6.0b3 version. Please let us know if the issue still persists for you even after following the workaround solutions.

Thanks!

3. majstudio

majstudio

Sadly, I deleted Library folder with no effect on the materials... Also got 999 shader errors like that when opening.
    upload_2016-12-22_13-2-14.png
    I even tried to reimport with no sucess sadly.

4. kemalakay

kemalakay

Unity Technologies

Hey @amimox,

Ok, it seems like this issue constantly occurs with the material you use. Could you then please share the material with us so that we can quickly address this issue? Alternatively, you can report it as a bug and post the bug ID number here.

Thanks!

5. majstudio

majstudio

@kemalakay
    Ok, but in fact, it's all (nearly all) my materials that are broken. Those are just for the most part of them using basic Standard Shader and no fancy things because Im making 2D game with those (I need them for emission).

So, I am sendind to you 2 zip files : one containing broken materials after upgrading to Unity 5.6 b2 and the other contains intact materials.

I will also try to submit a bug report.

Thank you for your help !

Attached Files:

6. majstudio

majstudio

@kemalakay
    Would you mind telling me if something have been done in order to solve that issue with the material I sent to you ?

7. kemalakay

kemalakay

Unity Technologies

Hey @amimox,

There has recently been some fixes about upgrading issues. Have you perhaps tried 5.6.0b7? If you are still encountering that issue, please report it and share bug ID here.

Thanks

8. majstudio

majstudio

Thank for advising me of the new beta. I will try it as soon as I can and see if it does the same.