Search Unity

5.6.0f3 standard shader causing errors

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by pgeorges-dpt, Apr 8, 2017.

1. pgeorges-dpt

pgeorges-dpt

[Unity] Shader error in 'Standard': output TEXCOORD7 used more than once at /UNITY_PATH/Unity/Unity-5_6_0f3/Unity.app/Contents/CGIncludes/UnityStandardCore.cginc(341) (on gles3)

Ideas?

2. SophiaC

SophiaC

3. pgeorges-dpt

pgeorges-dpt

Hey Sophia,

Here's the info you requested. It shows my biggest problem with UCB that tends to be too strict with shader errors. When I build locally I get the same error that UCB is showing in its logs, but I still get a build artifact that works perfectly for me (especially given that we are still experimenting in development). UCB kills the process and gives me no artifact. I find this infuriating. Why can't we set a strictness level build artifacts to be created given a set of rules?

Description of issue: Build shows an error related to Standard shader in local editor and Build Cloud. Local build works fine anyways, but UCB kills build process and doesn't spawn an artifact.

Unity version: 5.6.0f3

XCode version: M/A

Source control: Git

Local build platform: PC

Build target: PC

Relevant plugins being used (i.e. Google Play Game Services, other plugins that may perform automatic post-build behaviors) N/A

Project name: Obsidian VR

Build log (relevant chunk): [Unity] Shader error in 'Standard': output TEXCOORD7 used more than once at /UNITY_PATH/Unity/Unity-5_6_0f3/Unity.app/Contents/CGIncludes/UnityStandardCore.cginc(341) (on gles3)

4. pgeorges-dpt

pgeorges-dpt

Any news?

5. SophiaC

SophiaC

6. pgeorges-dpt

pgeorges-dpt

Hey Sophia,

Thanks for the response. This is really a big issue for us and has come up on several projets. I'm sure we're not the only people who have mentioned this to you either. We will continue building several projects locally until a solution for this comes to UCB.

Cheers,

Paul