Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

5.5b7 iPhone Audio Doesn't work, but iPad does...

Discussion in '5.5 Beta' started by ian_16, Oct 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ian_16

ian_16

Hello,

My initial builds, audio didn't work, so I updated to the beta (5.5b7) and that fixed my audio problems. However, I updated an app and now the audio isn't working on iPhone, but it works fine on iPad. I stupidly only tested on iPad this time and didn't catch the audio problem until after downloading it from iTunes....

Nothing has changed on my end, and I can't seem to find any issues. Using IL2CPP, 2.0 subset, audio file is set for iOS override with streaming and vorbis, 100% quality. The audio file is assigned to the main camera and to start playing on awake.

I don't have any error messages, and debugging a problem like this is no easy task (for me anyway).

I'm in the process of downloading 5.5b8 to see if that solves the issue...

MrEsquire likes this.
  2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi ian_16,
    Could you please submit a bug report with a minimal reproduction case and reply with the case # in this thread?

3. ian_16

ian_16

It was user error... I guess I didn't realize the hardware switch (to silent calls) kills the music/sound from a lot of apps... not all apps, but a lot of them... even with volume supposedly at max. I didn't remember it affecting that before, maybe I should submit a bug with apple...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.