Search Unity

[5.5.1+] - BuildPipeline missing namespace but manual build works

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by Erik-Hegen, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Erik-Hegen

Erik-Hegen

Hi, I'm not sure where to place this issue but I think it is a bug regarding the Unity Purchasing Service.

The situation is following:
    We are running a build slave for our builds with a buildscript executing the BuildPipeline.BuildPlayer method. This systems worked now for quit a long time but with the new unity versions we encountered the following issue:
    But the missing dll were checked out and exists in the workspace. If we try to build manually it also works.
    Fortunatly this issue only appears on new jobs or when we clear the workspace of an existing job.

Unfortunatly this bug occoures in every of our projects.

The IAP Service ist activated and a user with a valid pro licence is logged in on our build maschine.

I tried deleting the library and the temp folder and building the project again manually. But after the (successfull, manual) build, the BuildPipeline command still fails with the same errors.

We also have a identical job with nearly the identical workspace for our android builds wich works perfectly.

2. Redoxee

Redoxee

Still happening for me on 5.6
    but only on mac OS (my pipeline work fine on windows10)
    does someone have a clue ?

3. VladimirGordeev

VladimirGordeev

We have the same problem.

4. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@Erik-Hegen, @Redoxee, @GladFoxx

Those are the errors you would get if the IAP service was disabled in your project. I'm not sure why BuildPipeline wouldn't pick that up correctly.

Would you be able to fill out a bug report in the Editor? Attaching a repro project would be immensely helpful in figuring out the issue.
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

5. Erik-Hegen

Erik-Hegen

The problem still exists. I'm afraid I cannot send you our complete projects as they are multiple gb of file size.
    The only help I can give is a report on what happens with every project we have:
    • Create new project
    • Import IAP
    • Checkout project on a Mac OS maschine
    • Build via BuildPipeline -> success
    • Update IAP on original maschine (when IAP updates are available)
    • Push changes to server (we use git)
    • Pull changes on Mac OS maschine
    • Build via BuildPipeline -> still success
    • Checkout project again on Mac OS maschine into a different folder
    • Build via BuildPipeline -> Bug
    • Build manually -> success
    • Build via BuildPipeline -> still Bug (new)
    I'm not 100% sure but this is the way we reproduced the issue everytime in every project of ours. Currently we have min 5 projectes affected by this issue. For a long time we had a workaround to manually build the project on the Mac OS maschine successfully, and building again with BuildPipeline. Then it worked, but not since the latest IAP update (2017.1). Now this workaround also doesn't work any longer.

I cannot say for my own that the problem only occurs on Mac OS but this is the os our build server runs with.
    Services are active, deleting library folder doesn't work either

Sorry for the delayed response but we tried to solve this problem by our own since we suspect the issue on our side

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  6. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@Erik-Hegen

Thanks for the updated report. I've created a bug report and our QA team will try to repro this issue.

Could you confirm which version of IAP you are using and what versions of the Editor have this issue for you?

7. Erik-Hegen

Erik-Hegen

I can confirm that it happens with 2017.1f1 and the latest IAP verion

EDIT: unity 2017.1 und IAP 1.13.1

8. LuisResco

LuisResco

Any update about this?

9. toshbaird

toshbaird

We are also having this problem. It only seems to happen if we switch build target though possibly? (ie. build iOS successfully, switch to Android on a subsequent build and it fails). This is super frustrating as it makes automated building much trickier than it needs to be. We also had issues on UCB which only started happening when we enabled iAP in the project, it definitely seems to be related to the iAP Unity module.

Erik-Hegen and LuisResco like this.
  10. Erik-Hegen

Erik-Hegen

Any updates on this? With the latest version of IAP and Unity (2017.3f03) we can not even build only one project via the build pipeline. It seems that UNITY_ANALYTICS is not enabled on the build machine. Opening the project manually works. An automatic build directly after opening it manually, also works. But every additional build fails again.

Please guys, implementing your IAP service with all its technical teething and bugs took us a lot of time. Having a automatic build pipeline is totally necessary for us or every other small-middle-sized company.

Reproduction:
    1. import IAP in a project
    2. checkout the project on a different build machine (we are using a Mac Pro)
    3. try to build via using shell command line
    Best regards,
    Erik

PGI2017 likes this.
  11. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

One important item, make sure that you are also including your Library folder in source control. This may or may not be relevant here, but I wanted to point it out. If you are sharing/uploading your project and not including the Library folder, you may see issues like this. Generally including the Library folder is not necessary, we are working on this issue. I will do additional checking here also.

12. xerohuang

xerohuang

Same 5.6.4p3

13. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@xerohuang Did you include the Library folder in source control?

14. xerohuang

xerohuang

Included. Build successfully when I open Unity manually. Failed in batchmode. (same machine, same path)

15. xerohuang

xerohuang

More details: Succeeded in batchmode as user account, but failed as service account (jenkins).

PGI2017 likes this.
  16. PGI2017

PGI2017

I think this is similar to what I'm seeing happen as well. Were you able to get the service account to work?

17. xerohuang

xerohuang

We use Jenkins to auto-build android and ios package. There are two different project in Jenkins, checking out codes at different path. I login as Jenkins and open ios project once manually, then ios build succeeded but android build failed. And open android project manually, then ios build failed but android build succeeded. (build by Jenkins)

18. xerohuang

xerohuang

Let me guess what happened: Unity saved local datas that indicating the Project-ID is building for what platform. When open project manually(and change platform), Unity check platform again and rewrite the local datas. But in batchmode, Unity just read the local datas and think it's for the wrong platform at some steps (such as loading IAP plugins).

19. Erik-Hegen

Erik-Hegen

@JeffDUnity3D

So we included the whole library folder in git. Still the same. IAP is installed but not enabled when the build pipline starts to build.

We also receive this log message:
    Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/script/PurchasingCheck.cs(3,0): warning CS1030: #warning: `"Unity IAP plugin is installed, but Unity IAP is not enabled. Please enable Unity IAP in the Services window."'

The logged in user on the build slave is member of the project and company and has a valid unity pro license.

Is there maybe a way to enable or check the services per code?

PGI2017 likes this.
  20. Erik-Hegen

Erik-Hegen

Our current approach:
    We inserted
    Code (CSharp):
    2.            UnityEditor.Purchasing.PurchasingSettings.enabled = true;
    3.             UnityEditor.Analytics.AnalyticsSettings.enabled = true;
    4.             AssetDatabase.Refresh(ImportAssetOptions.ForceUpdate);
    before invoking the build pipeline. Stil not working. Opening the project manually works perfectly

PGI2017 likes this.
  21. PGI2017

PGI2017

We've tried multiple newer versions of Unity with the same issue. This problem seems to have originated sometime after 5.6.1p1.

22. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We are continuing to investigate. Have you had a chance to test with Unity 2018.1 ? We are testing here also.

23. PGI2017

PGI2017

For us, Unity appears to get stuck in an infinite loop during the build. It never completes.

(Filename: Assets/Plugins/UnityChannel/XiaomiSupport/Editor/AppStoreOnboardApi.cs Line: 46)

Reloading assemblies after finishing script compilation.
    Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly

Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 16.44 ms, found 5 plugins.
    Preloading 2 native plugins for Editor in 2.40 ms.
    UnityIAP: [InitializeOnLoad] Facebook Check
    UnityIAP: Runtime [2018.1.0b6]
    UnityIAP: Current Build is iOS:iOS
    UnityIAP: stub FacebookStore.dll enabled
    Mono: successfully reloaded assembly

Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 2.09 ms, found 5 plugins.
    Preloading 2 native plugins for Editor in 2.65 ms.

----- Total AssetImport time: 0.306176s, AssetImport time: 0.000000s, Asset hashing: 0.000000s [0 B, 0.000000 mb/s]

- Completed reload, in 2.454 seconds
    Initializing Unity.PackageManager (PackageManager) v2018.1.0 for Unity v2018.1.0b6
    Registering platform support modules:
    Registered platform support modules in: 0.093266s.
    Native extension for OSXStandalone target not found
    Native extension for WebGL target not found
    Native extension for iOS target not found
    Native extension for Android target not found

24. Erik-Hegen

Erik-Hegen

Still the same problem in 2018.1.0b6. Namespaces are missing

25. ttermeer-reboundcg

ttermeer-reboundcg

Same issue with Unity 2017.1.0p5 and the lastest version of Unity IAP on a Mac High Sierra (10.13.3)
    While running in Unity in command line (with or without batchMode), I suspect that the IAP dll is not loaded on launch of Unity and thus the compilation fails.

Edit: Same result on a Windows 10 machine.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  26. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

It's my understanding that this issue will be addressed in a soon upcoming release of 2018.1 beta.

PGI2017 likes this.
  27. ttermeer-reboundcg

ttermeer-reboundcg

Can we expect this to hit 2017.1 ? This is a major issue for us.
    (or at least have a workaround)

PGI2017 likes this.
  28. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We are checking here to see if the update will be back ported, and will keep this thread updated.

ttermeer-reboundcg likes this.
  29. PGI2017

PGI2017

2018 b7 is showing the same issue.

30. LukeFireproof

LukeFireproof

@JeffDUnity3D did this issue ever get fixed? Still seeing it in 2018.2.11f1 and means we get a lot of false build error reports.

31. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@LukeFireproof To confirm, can you provide your steps to reproduce?

32. LukeFireproof

LukeFireproof

@JeffDUnity3D I'm not sure I have solid repro steps unfortunately as it seems to happen kind of randomly.

Our setup:
    • Code is split up a fair amount using Asmdefs
    • Using Teamcity and running unity builds via a python script (batchmode, obviously)
    • Scripts are run on dedicated build machines using Local Cache Server
    • SVN revert and cleanup are called between each run
    Errors look like:

Assets/Scripts/Audio/AmbiencePlayer.cs(11,14): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RandomAudioEmitter' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

where AmbiencePlayer and RandomAudioEmitter are files in the same assembly, but both rely on stuff from other assemblies. At the moment is always these files that throw errors. Running the build script again does not produce the error, even though nothing has changed.

Edit: Just realised the original post was specifically to do with IAP, which we do not have enabled. We're getting a similar error on random scripts written by us.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  33. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@LukeFireproof Yes, this is the IAP forum. You would want to post elsewhere, perhaps in the Scripting forum