Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

5.5.0.b5 - Still no mixed deferred lighthing?

Discussion in '5.5 Beta' started by DFT-Games, Oct 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

This fix was "promised" for 5.4, then in that was marked as deferred to later fix, now the "big change" with 5.5 but... we still cannot have decent shadows in mixed deferred path?

Please Unity... really... Can't care less of all those services if I can't have my scene presented decently :(

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Did you check out the experimental mixed build?

3. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

Not really, I can try the Beta but have no time to play with the experimental stuff BTW, that stuff can stay experimental for ages :(

4. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

I am confused about what the point of this thread is then :)

The answer to your problems is within those experimental builds.

5. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

The point is me asking to bring this fix into 5.5 with the highest possible priority... off the experiment and in the beta.

6. Kandy_Man

Kandy_Man

The reason it's in an experimental branch and not in a beta build is because, well, it's still experimental and not ready to be in a beta build, else it would be. Sorry but it's really as simple as that, it'll be ready when it's ready. If you want access to it now, check out the experimental build, else, wait for it to be added to a beta build once it's more stable and feature ready

carking1996 likes this.
  7. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

Really? Wow! I really didn't think that... what would I do without you guys? :p

@Unity My WIP title (Utopia) is too far in development to switch engine, it'd cost over €200K to me, so please just stop divesting the core feature to favor those darn services that I don't care about and give us the promised mixed lighting fix with 5.5! :mad:

8. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Well, that's probably not going to happen, so....

9. Kandy_Man

Kandy_Man

So ignore everything that's being worked on, ignore what everyone else wants, unity should put all of their efforts into this particular feature because it's what you want? Makes complete sense. Just because you don't care about other aspects of unity doesn't mean everyone else doesn't either.

You've been informed of the situation, there's nothing more to say really, be patient and wait for it to go into a beta build, or check out the experimental build. Surely there's other aspects of your game you can be working on while you wait for it to be pulled into a beta build?

10. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

It's a work in progress. I'm sorry Unity can't work faster for you but that's the reality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.