Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

5.4b20 ScreenSpaceReflection

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by pragmascript, Jun 6, 2016.

1. pragmascript

pragmascript

I just upgraded to Unity 5.4b20 from an earlier beta. I can no longer find the ScreenSpaceReflection or any other of the "cinematic" image effects that were supposed to be included in 5.4. Are they no longer bundled with the beta?

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

3. pragmascript

pragmascript

Thanks :) I remembered them being bundles in earlier beta versions of 5.4.

4. elbows

elbows

I dont remember them ever being bundled with 5.4 betas.

5. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Me to? is this even on roadmap?

6. elbows

elbows

SSRR was on the roadmap ages ago and then got moved around as the timing slipped, and then as they decided to just make it part of standard assets, and then again when they decided to go down the Cinematic Image Effects bundle route with this and various other effect goodies.

I would not be at all surprised if this package is bundled more prominently with Unity itself at some point, once more of the effects are deemed to be past beta-level quality, but I've forgotten whether they've commented on this. It doesn't really matter much.

MrEsquire likes this.
  7. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Thanks for the detailed reply, I just hope they do not forget about mobile, seems Unreal engine doing a nice job of things especially with testing new goodies on mobile platforms..