Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

5.4b+ Copy / paste animation properties keyframes to another clip

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by SunnysideGames, Mar 19, 2016.

1. SunnysideGames

SunnysideGames

Ok, it seems that it is now impossible to copy / paste animation properties keyframes from one animation clip to another clip where these properties don't have keyframes yet. Not sure if it is supposed to be a "feature" or not (couldn't find any reference in any beta release informations), but it is now really painful to work with mecanim.

For example, in one of my animation clip, I decide to add several properties to animate (in my case it was 10+ new properties to animate). If I want to incorporate these changes in every other connected animation clips, I now have to first manually add each properties in order to make them appear in the clip, and then only can I copy / paste the keyframes.

So, yeah... is it a bug ? (I simply hope it won't make it to the final 5.4 version, it is really useful to be able to copy/paste properties that doesn't yet exist in another clip)

Thanks !

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  2. ToatalAwsomeness111

ToatalAwsomeness111

3. DavidGeoffroy

DavidGeoffroy

Unity Technologies

This sounds like an "unintended feature" :S

It is quite probably a side effect of bug fixes we've made.

Can you file a bug report with the animations you're using, this way you'll be notified as soon as this bug is fixed. And on the off chance that this is specific to your particular assets, this will help us greatly in fixing this bug faster.

Finally, 5.4 release is still a long way off, there's no worry that this bug won't get fixed before release.

4. SunnysideGames

SunnysideGames

Ok thanks, good to know !

I've filed a bug report

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  5. SunnysideGames

SunnysideGames

6. DavidGeoffroy

DavidGeoffroy

Unity Technologies

The fix is coming. I just tested it with the latest code and your repro project and steps, and it works.

There is a significant lag time between the time a bug is fixed (the developer has submitted a fix) and when this fix makes it to your hands. This is due to bug QA (veriying that the bug is indeed fixed), source control overhead (bug fixes get merged in batches), release QA (making sure that the beta version is not horribly broken), release lag (waiting for a fix for this bug that makes the release horribly broken)

Depending if it's a stable release (5.3.X), a patch release ( 5.3.XpY) or a beta version (5.4.0bX), this delay can be a few days to a few weeks.

If you want to know if your bug is supposed to be fixed in a specific version, you need to look at the release notes. Your bug number will be there when it's part of the released version. In this specific case, I'd expect it to be available by 5.4.0b15.

monkeyham likes this.
  7. SunnysideGames

SunnysideGames

Hey, thank you for taking the time to clarify this for me. It's really appreciated !

8. monkeyham

monkeyham