Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

5.4 beta 15, script compilation never stops

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by Skittlebrau, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Skittlebrau

Skittlebrau

Sometimes when we change a script in 5.4 beta 15, the compilation never completes. The spinner in the lower-right just keeps going forever. I have noticed that if I click the tiny details menu on the console (as if you wanted to open the editor log file, for example) and just click away to close the pop up menu without doing anything, the compilation will suddenly proceed. Restarting Unity will un-wedge it too. On one of our projects this repros very reliably after you've played in editor once, however it's not one I can submit in a bug report right now. After the details menu hack, it seems to work until you've played in the editor again.

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

I've observed this behavior as well, but it goes way back to Unity 4.x for me (using Windows editor). I always wanted to submit a bug-report for it, but it occurs randomly here. One day it works fine, the next day the spinner never ends until I switch focus to another application and back to Unity.

If you have a project where you can reproduce this issue in a reliable fashion, I believe it would be fantastic if you could remove content as much as possible while the error can still be reproduced and file a bug-report with that stripped-down project.

3. CarlosRincon

CarlosRincon

Unity Technologies

Yes please, a bug report with a repro project would be ideal.