Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics 5.4.0b6 - Any image effect flips camera

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by topofsteel, Feb 21, 2016.

1. topofsteel

topofsteel

When I add any image effect to a camera it flips the game view up-side-down. This is happening in the editor game view and at run-time. The scene view camera preview is correct. This is happening in a clean new project with only the standard image effects imported.

2. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

Yeah, known issue in current 5.4 builds, sorry (happened due to zoomable game view). Only happens on Windows (i.e. D3D), and only with some image effects, and only when forward rendering + MSAA is used as far as I can tell.

3. Kronnect

Kronnect

Well, I assume it will be fixed before final release... OP says "any image effect".

4. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

Yes, people are working on it!

5. Kronnect

Kronnect

Ok Aras. Thanks.

Btw, I have seen some great improvements regarding shadows? Do you have some showcase about visual improvements for 5.4? Maybe there's a post around here sorry I didn't have time to check changelogs..

6. Howard-Day

Howard-Day

We're now seeing this without MSAA in Deferred Shaded mode - with multiple cameras using RTTs. When we turn the second camera on, the image of the first, original camera is flipped vertically. Also, we're seeing the editor window image flipped upside down when Sonic Ether's Bloom is used in the scene view. MSAA is disabled. None of the RTTs have AA set. Is this something on the "we're aware" list to fix? Thanks!

7. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

No, it's not in the "we are aware" list... please file a bug with details on which stack of which effects causes the problem!

8. mkenneally

mkenneally

I submitted the bug report for the issue Howard Day brought up, which is likely the same bug that as the OP is experiencing. The bug tracker ID is 783164.

MrEsquire and Howard-Day like this.