Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

(5.4.0b16 + SteamVR) SteamVR_Camera.sceneResolutionScale has no effect?

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by RogDolos, May 3, 2016.

1. RogDolos

RogDolos

In Unity 5.3 with the SteamVR 1.08 plugin I could change the SteamVR_Camera.sceneResolutionScale to either downscale for performance, or create effective supersampling for optimal clarity.

With Unity 5.4.0b16 that setting now has no effect at all. =(

Is this intentional? Or was it overlooked / a bug? The visual clarity with supersampling is significantly increased and an important feature to have, as is the ability to reduce the scale in certain situations (IE: in Unity 5.3 + SteamVR it automatically reduced scale when the front-facing camera was enabled, this no longer occurs either).

Is there a workaround?

2. williamj

williamj

Unity Technologies

Hi @Rog,

Thanks for the information. Our native render scale still works in b16 with the Vive + steamVR so I'm not sure this is a problem on our end.

Do you mind submitting a bug report to us with a small repro case attached so I can pass this along to either our devs or valve?

Thanks,
    Will
    Unity QA

3. betalulu

betalulu

hi Rog,
    SteamVR_Camera.sceneResolutionScale has been redirected back to native unity 5.4 VR setting in the recent 1.0.9 plugin update, so i suggest you just using native VR Settings for this.

http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/VR.VRSettings-renderScale.html

there is also a sample scene for setting render scale in the official vr sample project.

williamj likes this.
  4. RogDolos

RogDolos

Thanks for pointing that out, that's the better way to do it directly.

Plus it looks like SteamVR_Camera.sceneResoliutionScale has been fixed in the SteamVR asset / plugin to just set VRSettings.renderScale now.