Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

5.4.0b10 Completely unstable

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by freekstorm, Mar 15, 2016.

1. freekstorm

freekstorm

Had pretty much no crashes in beta 9
    Now its crashing almost every time I run my game.
    I have submitted reports
    (Case 779959) and others.

2. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Hm, looking at the bug all we have is a crash stack. We'll investigate, but do you have a particular repro you could attach? Looks possibly animation related, so perhaps something specific in your animation use?

3. DavidGeoffroy

DavidGeoffroy

Unity Technologies

Hello
    I'd like to help with your issue, but without more information, it's going to be extremely difficult to figure out what the problem is.

This crash happens in a function that runs every single frame, in every single scene that contains Animators, yet, out of the 7000+ Unity 5.4b10 launches yesterday, and all the hours of testing done on 5.4b10, you have been the only one who has reported this crash so far.

So, until someone else reports this, you are literally our only source of information about this crash.

Can you try to narrow down the issue?

Here's a few things you could try:
    - disable some objects to see which ones cause the issue
    - are you deleting objects, disabling animators, or unloading bundles during animation events or callbacks? Try disabling this or deferring the deletion to later.
    - Are you manipulating Animators, clips or other animation assets using your own scripts in the editor?
    - Do you have objects that are tagged as UpdateInEditor? Try disabling those.

If you can figure out what object or asset is causing the crash, please export a package containing an example that crashes, and report a new bug with it (or update the existing ones) I'll be happy to investigate more in depth.

Peter77 likes this.
  4. Nateao

Nateao

Hello my Animator is working ok am using mixamo the only crash i have was wen i grap and drop

5. DavidGeoffroy

DavidGeoffroy

Unity Technologies

Nateao:
    Did you create a bug report? Can you paste the bug # here?

6. Nateao

Nateao

It crash din't let me make one
    Am using the Island demo it's working in 5.3,and wen i want to open mono development it frees and don't load the scrip wen am making a new c# or a all ready make one so i wen back to 5.3.Help me make report how can i call the report after it crash in 5.4

Am using 5.3 64 bit don't now if 5.4 is 64 bit can be a deference between 32 bit and 64 bit.

7. DavidGeoffroy

DavidGeoffroy

Unity Technologies

Here's a very good resource on how to report bugs.
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

If you can't make the bug report at the time of the crash, just make your bug report from the editor and explain in the bug report how we can reproduce the bug using your scene/project/package

8. Nateao

Nateao

ok
    Thanks