Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics 5.4.0.b9 SinglePassStereoCamera

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by freekstorm, Mar 8, 2016.

1. freekstorm

freekstorm

SinglePassStereoRender causes multiple narrow copies of the view in Rift/Vive and desktop.
    It also kills the frame rate.

2. freekstorm

freekstorm

Ok, doesn't happen on a new project only on my existing one. I'll see if I can track it down.

3. freekstorm

freekstorm

This seems to be the result of camera image effects.

4. freekstorm

freekstorm

Right. With this enabled option you get a doubling of the image for each of:
    Tonemapping
    Antialiasing
    and
    SE Natural Bloom
    Maybe others but those are the ones I use.

Cross22 and MrEsquire like this.
  5. williamj

williamj

Unity Technologies

Hi freekstorm,

Thanks for the info, we are working on resolving this problem now.

-Will

6. Cross22

Cross22

On HTC Vive single pass stereo does not play nicely with Static Batching (artifacts pop up in one of the eyes when enabled)

I am also seeing the skybox in the right eye being transformed differently than in the left one. This is using "Viking Village" as a test level so perhaps the extra water reflection cameras are causing this.

7. williamj

williamj

Unity Technologies

@Cross22, Thanks for the feedback and info.

I will reproduce the first issue and pass it on to the devs and the second is a known issue.

It's worth noting that the water reflection shader used in the Viking Village test level inherently does not work with VR, but you are correct, the right eye is being transformed differently when Single-Pass stereo is enabled, and the skybox horizon is the easiest way to see the problem.

So far I have only been able to notice this 'Incorrect-right-eye transform' issue on HTC Vive with single pass stereo enabled but apparently is reproducible on other devices as well.

Single-pass stereo is in an experimental phase of development now so I thank you so much for your patience and your feedback. We will get these problems solved and get you those performance gainz!!

-Will

8. IronStomachVR

IronStomachVR

Yeah I have 2 image effects going on my camera and I get 4 views.
    Unity built in Bloom and a custom edge detect.