Search Unity

5.3 upgrade throws Xcode error with ads

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by cmc4543, Dec 28, 2015.

1. cmc4543

cmc4543

Hello,
    So I integrated ads in 5.02 via the unitypackage and they worked fine on Android. Then I upgraded to unity 5.3 to deploy to iOS. I deleted all of the associated package files (I think) and then activated ads via the services window. When I build to iOS without ads enabled the game runs fine. But when I enable ads via the services window I get Xcode build errors referencing the UnityAds Wrapper .h and .mm files not existing in the plugins/iOS folder. Then when I place those files back in the folder and build I get an error saying that there are duplicate references to UnityAdsWrapper. I don't get it. I've been struggling with this for a while - Xcode gets mad if the files are present and equally as mad if they aren't. Has anyone had a similar experience with this or is there a certain way to uninstall the old unity ads package before enabling via unity services? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

2. solomonli

solomonli

Unity Technologies

Hi cmc4543,

I have some similar experience when I upgraded from 5.2 to 5.3, and deleted all the scripts related to UnityAds package then enabled the service.

At first I also got build error, I haven't tried drag in the missing files manually but I deleted DerivedData folder under ~/Library/Developer/ and clean and build again solved the problem.

You can have a try and hope it's helpful.

Cheers