Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

5.3 released

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SaraCecilia, Dec 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexzzzz

alexzzzz

nxrighthere and Luckymouse like this.
  2. mgear

mgear

small bug, when creating c# script (not editor script), it still creates editor/ folder for it..

3. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

It would be great if you can file a bug report and post the case number here so we can look into the issue.

Thanks.

4. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

Unity Test tools are fully integrated in Unity 5.3. So you can delete the Unity test tools from your project.

Tomer-Barkan likes this.
  5. Eths

Eths

Actually I am being ignored here. is that a bug or not, I have been asking couple of times about this kind of issue and no one answered me. I can't work with that bug here.. right now here is my scene, I upgraded my project from Unity 5.1 to Unity 5.3 I started my awake scene and I found all of these Awake scenes here :O

I hope I can get an answer now :/

I tried to ignore all these scenes and ran my game but it has a lot of bugs and update function is really slow

link to the image:

http://imgur.com/0YG1B9S

6. makeshiftwings

makeshiftwings

I don't think that's a bug with 5.3. It looks like you're additively loading the same scene ("Awake") each frame repeatedly within your Update function, which is why you have a bunch of them at the same time. I would suggest posting this question in the Scripting forum, or try debugging your script to find why it keeps reloading within Update.

7. Eths

Eths

I did try to do so Makeshiftwings .. There is not any load scene inside any of my scripts :/

8. Eths

Eths

Also Update() function is really slow , I don't know why..

9. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

If you can recreate it in a small scene, send it with a bug report.

Eths likes this.
  10. Eths

Eths

Alright Will do that !

11. makeshiftwings

makeshiftwings

This last line:
    Application.LoadLevelAsync(1);
    is loading a scene, probably the "Awake" scene. And since it's in the Update function it will get called every frame. But, the release announcement thread really isn't the place to be getting script help.

beppim and Tomer-Barkan like this.
  12. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

Here's one of my problems: http://gfycat.com/NeighboringOddCottontail
    Happens with animated objects when I simply try to rotate them around an axis. Works fine in the editor and worked fine everywhere in 5.2, but with 5.3 on mobile it glitches like that: Moving in arbitrary directions with child-objects moving separately (note the wristwatch and the wristband)
    I've reported the bug, could anyone please take a look? Case: 752398

13. beppim

beppim

Here it is! 753421

14. beppim

beppim

I encountered another appearantly pretty big bug on UI with large number of objects. I opened the issue #753423
    Please consider contacting me for any more information you need.

15. arkon

arkon

My scenes all got much brighter which was good until I discovered that none of the objects using the standard shader reacted to the directional light anymore! So when my scene turns to night time all the buildings are lit up the same as daytime. I still can't get 69 fps on an iPad Air 2 with what seems like a very simple scene. Spent hours deep profiling to try and find the problem.

16. Khash-Firestorm

Khash-Firestorm

After entering winder internal tests we found huge issue while in "non dx11" mode on pc and linux. It completely crashes when exported to mac. It seems that issue is related to memory for ui textures and rebuilding mesh for example during rollover/rollout animations (but not only) What is important here is that issue strikes not only animated object but multiple other, but not all at the same time. it seems its somehow fixed to case by case (eg each time certain button change affects specific set of elemets on screen. If you go to another button it would affect other buttons but always the same (unless you change your project construction)

17. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

iOS devices are always vsynced. Note that the refresh rate is not necessarily 60Hz; various monitors have 75Hz, 120Hz, etc. refresh rates. (iOS devices are all 60Hz so far though.)

--Eric

18. Eths

Eths

I solved it makeshiftwings! it was like what you said , there was a part of my script checking if Awake Async loading is finished or not and that caused the problem! thank you so much for the help !

peteorstrike likes this.
  19. LSpring

LSpring

Here's a new one for me: My guess is that the UI scaling is now (incorrectly) derived from the current HW resolution, not the running game resolution.

When I run my game at 1280x720 with the HW resolution set at same, the UI is properly scaled to fit the screen.

When I run my game at 1920 x 1080 with the HW resolution set at same, the UI is properly scaled to fit the screen.

When I run my game at 1280x720 with the HW resolution (Windows display settings) at 1920x1080, the UI elements (text, images, etc) are oversized, as if sized for the target HW resolution, not the upscaled soft resolution of the game.

It gets worse at lower resolutions upscaled to 1920 and best as I can tell, positioning seems to be based on the HW resolution as well.

I'm running Windows7 64bit if that helps.

20. olavrv

olavrv

All lights in our project seems to be overexposed when migrating to Unity 5.3. If anybody has any tips on how to fix this it would make me very happy!

PeterB likes this.
  21. mgear

mgear

nothing critical yet but lots of annoyances.. (and still <2 days to go for end of the jam)

753289 Creating new c# script places it in Editor folder
    753508 left right keys to navigate in hierarcy/project folders is broken
    753555 Particle collision spams error messages Invalid AABB aabb, Invalid AABB result
    753559 Sprite Diamond, Circle and other shapes dont show transparency in Project or preview window or as particle material
    753565 Cannot Drag&Drop replace existing script in gameobject
    753569 Deleting gameobject from hierarcy, and pressing undo doesnt return selection to that gameobject
    753572 Cannot copy&paste to monodevelop (some old clipboard content is pasted instead of current

#sadpanda

MrEsquire and Eths like this.
  22. Eths

Eths

Are you sure about bug number 753289 and 753572 tho? I can create a c# script without it being placed in Editor folder.
    and I can also copy and paste to monodevelop without any problems AT ALL.

23. zenGarden

zenGarden

This is an amazing release :)
    The new installer allowing us to choose what OS and systems we want only is great.

Is Unity using GGX now for PBR rendering ?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  24. Tomer-Barkan

Tomer-Barkan

I tried that, but there's no reference to NSubstitute. Is it not part of the package, do I have to install it separately? It used to be part of Unity Test Tools.

25. zenGarden

zenGarden

I have strange problem running 5.3 , nothing is visible ?
    I tried other shaded methods but i have always the same pink color, and launching the game i have a grey screen ?

EDIT:
    I shutdown Unity and restarted and the bug got away.

26. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

When I try to open one of my scenes in 5.3 it locks up unity, and sometimes it will eventually open it but if I click on anything it will

27. Cenda

Cenda

28. IntDev

IntDev

29. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

That bug is still waiting for QA to verify it. There was no example project attached so it will take longer to confirm.

IntDev likes this.
  30. PeterB

PeterB

Have you verified case 751697? The overbright issue, same as the one olavrv is subject to.

31. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

No its still in the queue at the moment.

32. PeterB

PeterB

Okay. I guess the queue is pretty long this time, as I'm a Pro user and the case contains a full project, screen dumps and instructions.

But could you tell me whether the issue is a recognised one or not?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  33. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Its not familiar to me but QA will know better. I have asked them to take a look.

34. Oscaruzzo

Oscaruzzo

Well it looks like Unity 5.3 has (finally) added two new static methods on the Color class to convert to and from RGB and HSV. These were previously in EditorGUIUtility which is in the UnityEditor namespace, making them unusable in deployment.

This is great, especially when you need to interpolate between two colors and you want to have constant saturation and value and just change the hue.

This is the 5.2.0 docs (without these methods) http://docs.unity3d.com/520/Documentation/ScriptReference/Color.html

And this is the 5.3.0 docs (with the new methods) http://docs.unity3d.com/530/Documentation/ScriptReference/Color.html

BTW I couldn't find any mention of this in the release note. I found it by chance. So I'm just letting anybody know :D

Also an HSVLerp method could be useful ;)

theANMATOR2b and Dantus like this.
  35. Jack_AG

Jack_AG

Huge issues with OnTriggerEnter2D and rendering.

No performance hits - just everything is now broken in our 2D project on PS4. Triggers not reading properly on enter/exit, objects disappearing/reappearing at random. It's a mess.

Amazing.

Uninstalling and using 5.2 until I no longer can use it for submissions.

36. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Have you reported this as a bug?

37. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

Are you running Windows 32 bit installer, if so check here, http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/unity3d-5-3-not-working.372682/

This sounds like it could be related to the non native resolution, that's in the known issues on the release notes?

karl_jones likes this.
  38. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

As a reminder, if you have a bunch of issues it's best to create threads about these and refrain from discussing them in length here, it's harder to keep track.

39. Radetic

Radetic

Had the same issue here. For now, we must download the installing assistent and manually select a permanent folder for the full install. Although it actually demands installing the components to one machuine just for the sake of keeping the files to use again later.

nxrighthere likes this.
  40. mgear

mgear

yeah..both are happening, copy paste works first, but breaks at some point.. also feels like autocomplete breaks more often..

And few more bugs encounterted towards the end of ludumdare,
    #754180 webgl build, UI image is black
    #754181 webgl build: Audio is broken

And lastly had the non-native resolution on desktop builds, which breaks UI aligment, probably already reported..

Eths likes this.
  41. LSpring

LSpring

Thanks, I guess I missed that. It isn't a show-stopper for me, so I can be patient.

42. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Are you able to attach the project files to the bug reports?

43. JBR-games

JBR-games

Im actually 64 bit. But the issues mentioned in that thread sound like exactly the same problem i was having. I will just stick with 5.2.3 until there is a better fix. My project is slow moving right now anyway so im sure ill be able to just update once unity has a proper fix.
    Thanks

44. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Could you file a bug report with the project if possible? it sounds different from the 32 bit issue.

45. mgear

mgear

uploaded on 754193

karl_jones likes this.
  46. JBR-games

JBR-games

I did already thx

Aurore likes this.
  47. beginner5

beginner5

I installed 5.3.0f4. I started Unity. Unity gives empty black window. I don't know to use Unity 5.3.0f4.
    My operation system is 32 bits Windows 10 pro , version is 1511. Operation system build number is 10586.29. My computer has got a Intel Pentium D 3GHz dual core x64 base processor, 4GB ram memory. unity_problem.png

JBR-games likes this.
  48. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

49. Player7

Player7

Any 5.3 bugfix/performance update today this week?

50. Jack_AG

Jack_AG

I'll be submitting one today. Yesterday was all over the place with time. I'll put my project through the ringer with 5.3 today, take any necessary screens, videos and anything else that will show the issues if you guys need.

karl_jones likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.