Search Unity

5.3 hangs at recent window with 100% cpu on debian

Discussion in 'Linux' started by belarm, Dec 22, 2015.

1. belarm

belarm

I've tried a fresh install into another user's home directory, created the missing .local/share/unity3d/Packages directory, run it from /opt/...all to no avail. strace shows it hanging while receiving several EAGAIN messages/second from its socket pointing to /tmp/.X11-unix/X0 :

Any ideas?

ETA: This seems to happen before logging begins, because no log is ever generated.

2. parasight

parasight

I got the same/similar bug with a fresh install on a Ubuntu 15.10. There is a npm-debug.log with error messages generated in my home directory. I have attached the file with the file extension txt because it is not allowed to upload files with log extension. I also attached a screenshot.

HTH

Attached Files:

3. parasight

parasight

It works now after creating the directory .local/share/unity3d/Packages.

4. wlkx

wlkx

I'm hitting the same problem (on the clean installation) - solution suggested by previous post fixes the problem

5. belarm

belarm

My install is never getting that far. I've found some discussions that indicate it may be an issue with XCB, so I may try using a copy of the relevant library without it just for Unity.

Update:
    Or it could be the legacy nvidia driver I'm running :-/ Looks like I'll be sticking with 5.2

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  6. Astfgl

Astfgl

My Editor.log was also complaining about not being able to create .local/share/unity3d/Unity. After manually creating both ~/.local/share/unity3d/Packages and ~/.local/share/unity3d/Unity directories, Unity 5.3 starts up and works just fine for me. I'm running Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon by the way.

7. belarm

belarm

Yeah, so I was missing npm; installing that took care of it. 5.3, here I come :-D