Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct here to familiarize yourself with the rules and how to post constructively.

2. Unity 2022.1 is now available as the latest Tech release.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your project's performance with our new guide on profiling in Unity.
    Dismiss Notice

5.3.5p6 bug loading scenes from asset bundle

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by jasonMcintosh, Jul 2, 2016.

1. jasonMcintosh

jasonMcintosh

@Vincent Zhang After I upgraded from 5.3.4p5 to 5.3.5p6, scenes in my asset bundle will no longer load, giving me the following error:

Happens on device and in the editor, but I don't get any additional info in the editor.

I saw someone else reported the same issue here: http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/1206483/load-scene-from-assetbundle-file-in-534.html

2. jasonMcintosh

jasonMcintosh

Just to confirm, I ran my game in the older Unity 5.3.4p5, and the scenes load just fine with no other changes.

3. liortal

liortal

Either the behaviour was changed between patch releases (unlikely, but who knows) or this is a bug ...

What does your asset bundle contain? how are you building it and how are you loading it ?

4. jasonMcintosh

jasonMcintosh

Well, they don't put only bug fixes in patch releases, unfortunately. And, if the only thing I changed was the Unity version running the same code with the same bundles, how can that be anything except a Unity bug?

5. liortal

liortal

It would be best if you reported this as a bug along with a simple repro project...

6. doggan

doggan

Any updates on this? I'm running into the same issue with 5.3.5p7.

7. doggan

doggan

8. jasonMcintosh

jasonMcintosh

Thanks for the info, but, in my case, that's already how my scenes bundles are handled.

As I mentioned, it works fine in Unity 5.3.4p5 without changing any code or bundles. Simply running the same project on 5.3.5p6 will break it.

9. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Unrelated but upgrading to 5.3.5p6 and p7, breaks audio for me, when playing Audio files in Editor dont even hear anything and tried a few different ones.. no response from Unity devs..

10. andersemil

andersemil

Jason, did you manage to find a solution? I have the same problem here, worked fine in Unity 5.2.3, now broken on 5.4.3 :(

11. jasonMcintosh

jasonMcintosh

I haven't had a chance to fully pursue a solution, other than to use the Unity version that works. It's not critical that I upgrade right now, so I'm trying not to rock my progress boat with new problems. :D

12. NicolasHolovis

NicolasHolovis

andersemil and jasonMcintosh, the solution is to just not call LoadAllAssets or any method like that on a streamed scene AssetBundle.
    Go directly from LoadFromCacheOrDownload to LoadScene, like:

Code (CSharp):
    1. WWW www = WWW.LoadFromCacheOrDownload(url, 1);
    2. yield return www;
    3. SceneManager.LoadScene(sceneName, LoadSceneMode.Additive);

13. jasonMcintosh

jasonMcintosh

You're right! That is the workaround. Thank you!

I still remain convinced that this is either a legit bug or some intentional change in functionality without any public notice.

14. silentneedle

silentneedle

I just ran into the same problem after upgrading to 5.3.6. Not calling LoadAllAssetsAsync() fixes the problem, but I don't think this change is intentional.

Could we get any feedback from a Unity dev?

unityunity