Search Unity

5.3.5p5: Screen frequently frozen after device lock on iPhone running iOS 10

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by justdizzy, Oct 5, 2016.

1. justdizzy

justdizzy

Due to this issue, I am stuck using Unity 5.3.5p5 on an audio heavy project. I've found if I lock the iPhone, after I unlock it and foreground the app, the screen is frozen, meaning that I can still touch and hear the audio interactions, but visually the screen is the same. Sometimes it happens on the first lock, sometime on the 5th. I've had it connected to Xcode when doing this and and the following errors are shown in the console when it happens:

-> applicationDidBecomeActive()

2016-10-05 12:26:16.548599 myapp[316:15383] [Common] _BSMachError: port df03; (os/kern) invalid capability (0x14) "Unable to insert COPY_SEND"

2016-10-05 12:26:16.555794 myapp[316:15383] [Common] _BSMachError: port df03; (os/kern) invalid name (0xf) "Unable to deallocate send right"

-> applicationWillResignActive()

Other places online suggest this might have to do with the new privacy permissions iOS 10 requires, but I added the ones that iTunes Connect bugged me about, and it's still happening.

Anyone else dealing with this?

[EDIT: I mean 5.3.5p5 not p4]

[UPDATE] I googled around and found some solutions for the error messages, which I have gotten cleared up, BUT the Unity issue persists, so it seems unrelated.

I tested 5.3.6p6 and I was unable to duplicate this issue, so looks like I'm stuck between one bug or the other.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  2. christophergoy

christophergoy

Unity Technologies

hi @justdizzy,
    This issue was fixed in 5.3.6p7:
    • (820863) - iOS: Fixed the appearance of apps freezing when locking/unlocking the device.

Let me know if you still run into this issue.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Edit: I'm not sure about the error messages you are seeing in the console. Do they seem to be affecting your project in any way?

3. justdizzy

justdizzy

Thanks for the response. I think the error messages were a coincidence and had nothing to do with the freezing. As I mentioned in the UPDATE at the end, I could not duplicate this issue with 5.3.6p6, but the audio issue (832578) persists.