Search Unity

5.3.5 - Blurry UI text after switching canvasses - til text is refreshed by clicking something else

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by NIMBLE_JIM, Jul 17, 2016.

1. NIMBLE_JIM

NIMBLE_JIM

Hi all,

I have multiple scenes in my project where the canvasses are switched between, each canvas having UI text included on it.

The project was originally created in 5.0 and I have just updated to 5.3.5 and I am now encountering the following issue -

The canvas that is active when the scene first loads displays all UI text just fine, but as soon as I switch to another canvas with the exact same text on, the text on the new canvas is blurred. As soon as I turn the text object off/on (via a button click) it appears to refresh it and it all displays fine again. It is also rectified by changing the display resolution in the editor play window or by clicking on another UI element in the scene.

It appears as though unless it has a 'refresh' through clicking something else, or is on screen when the scene first loads, it appears blurry.

The font is 'Open Sans Bold' and I am switching canvasses via a raycast script. This all worked perfectly in 5.0 and I've changed nothing since upgrading.

I have read issues of text blurriness in 5.3, but most instances appear to be down to the size of the text being in odd numbers which mine isn't.

Screenshots attached. The settings shown are the same for all canvasses and text.

Any way to resolve this? I have a deadline tomorrow and need an easy way of resolving the issue before then.

Thanks in advance

BLURRY_TEXT_1.jpg

BLURRY_TEXT_2.jpg

2. SimonDarksideJ

SimonDarksideJ

Looks like a new bug. Best to log it with the Unity bug reporter in the editor. Add a sample if you can

3. NIMBLE_JIM

NIMBLE_JIM

Thanks - will do.
    I've managed to make it slightly better by redoing all the text.
    It seems I had scaled the parent box at some point and therefore all the text inside, however the blur issue is still there even with a fresh non-scaled box, just not as severe.
    Definitely seems like a bug, as it corrects itself after the next interaction.