Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

5.3.0f2 (Release Candidate 2) editor doesn't render properly on mac

Discussion in '5.3 Beta' started by enhawk, Nov 29, 2015.

1. enhawk

enhawk

Can report that the editor has a lot of rendering issues on Mavericks / OpenGL 3.3 graphics cards, same problems as 5.3.0f1

Tested on 2009 iMac and 2010 macbook

2. Capn_Andy

Capn_Andy

2013 Macbook Pro, getting the same thing.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  3. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Can we have a proper bug report with a screenshot attached please?

Would just like to confirm hardware that the bug reporter will submit as part of your submission.
    We have a fix coming for a set of the older hardware with RC3, however we need to confirm details on the hardware. The bug report would be the easiest route for proper verification.

4. Capn_Andy

Capn_Andy

It's sporadic; the next time I see it I'll fire an official bug report.

Text description: Some of the fonts will drop letters. Throughout the editor (console log, inspector, hierarchy, etc.) I'll lose, say, all vowels. They'll just be blank spaces there. Reminds me of memory corruption back in the flash days...

Less frequently I'll get the inspector window displaying as a black square, occasionally other windows as well. Resizing the window seems to clear that up, but I typically have to restart for the font issue to go away anyway.

( MacBook Pro Retina 13", Late 2013, running 10.11.1. )

5. enhawk

enhawk

Yeah it's hard to catch the disappearing text bug, I have it on the macbook.

Regarding bug reports, do we need to submit them on the machine affected with the version of Unity affected or is any bug submit fine?

It the same as this:

Looking forward to the fix!

PS
    This is happening on my other macbook, it's an ancient dusty old machine from 2013 (I know, such old hardware!). Mavericks.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  6. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

We do need to see it from that machine for proper hardware reporting. Else we're guessing on what machine to exactly repro it on. General year and description often aren't specific enough.