Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

5.3.0f2 Multiple Displays Canvas Overlapping

Discussion in '5.3 Beta' started by zolivierADS, Dec 1, 2015.

1. zolivierADS

zolivierADS

I am having problems with the canvas with multiple displays. Before the beta I set it up so that I had 2 cameras each set to .5 Width and the second moved .5 in the X, and 2 canvas' each set to Camera Overlay for their respective camera. This effectively created 2 different UI with 1 for each monitor's display that were separately interact-able.

In this beta, my current setup is 2 cameras and 2 canvas' each set to Camera Overlay for their respective camera. I am getting the proper UI on each display, but I am not able to interact with the second display's UI except through the first display. It is as if the second display's UI is underneath (behind) the first display's UI. Even though it is behind the first, as long as there is nothing blocking the UI element it is still interact-able.

I also noticed that changing the depth of the camera decides which display is rendered on top of the other. Is this the intended functionality of the displays, or should I file a bug report?
    I can no longer use the half width and move X method due to the camera only being rendered on half the display.