Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

UI 5.2.0f2 UI offen freeze when open panels

Discussion in '5.2 Beta' started by huangyous, Aug 22, 2015.

1. huangyous

huangyous

I tried 5.2.0f1 and 5.2.0f2,it often freeze for 1-5 seconds, did anyone else have the same issue?

2. movra

movra

3. huangyous

huangyous

So when will unity fix this?

4. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies

Is there a bug report with a number i can use to look into the specific issue?

5. movra

movra

In my case I'm not sure if it's a bug or expected behavior. Search phrase "unity dynamic font spike" returns a couple of forum threads.

Maybe I ought to send in a bug report just to be sure. Then again I haven't seen 1-5 second freezes, only a fraction. @huangyous do you really have 1-5 second freezes or was that an exaggeration?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  6. huangyous

huangyous

Maybe because I use asian language,many players played our game report the same freeze issue.When I open some panel,It freeze for about 1-5 seconds randomly,but when I open it again,it's smooth.So I have to revert to unity 5.1now

7. movra

movra

@huangyous Then your case may demonstrate the problem more clearly than mine. Could you please send a bug report with an example project? For example a scene with some rotating objects and a UI panel with asian language that opens and closes when clicking on a button.